1 day DPO and in need of buddies :)

Morning Ladies,

So you're all probably going to think I'm crazy but I went out and bought the digi weeks estimator tests and some FRERs yesterday. I took the FRER last night to make myself feel better as the cheapie tests are really making me nervous and it succeeded in making me feel better - nice and dark. I was so tempted to do my other FRER this morning but knew that would just end in disappointment and me running out for more tests, so I'm holding off until tomorrow on that one (maybe even Saturday if I can find my inner discipline. I did the digi week estimator this morning and got a 2-3 weeks!! I think that's what's making me relax the most right now as the cheapie tests really don't look like they're getting darker at all anymore since Tuesday. So - I'm not doing any more of those!! haha.

How's everyone else doing??? I'm working from home today with O at daycare until his apt to recheck his lungs at 3PM today - I hope he's doing beter but he was up coughing quite a bit last night :(

Attachments

• 20140130_063909.jpg
    20140130_063909.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 4
Yay Lindsay!! Just what we all wanted to see! So exciting. Last time the digi wouldn't read 2-3 until later right? How many dpo are you now?

as for my sister - I've gotten over it and it will be nice to have her pregnant with me! idk why but everyday I still worry about symptoms. am I having enough? is my boob still sore? am I still feeling anything. goodness it wears me out. every night I have a dream about it. like last night I had a dream I was so paranoid I took a test and the test line was so dark and my control was barely there. I am just ready for another dr appt lol. I have another 12 days to wait.

I'll check back soon girls-but please say a prayer for us-going in this am for Khloe's tubes but she's been sick and feverish since Tuesday so we might not even be able to do them. She just finished her antibiotics yest for her last ear infection but she's poking and rubbing her ears so much I wonder if they didn't work. I'm so nervous and full of anxiety-I need to get it together.
Linds-great tests-this is it for you hun

Aw Kels - lots of prayers your way! Those tubes will be just what she needs!! Please update us as soon as you possibly can!!

Rach - I got my first 2-3 at 5 weeks 1 day last time - at 5 weeks I got a 1-2. I'm 4 weeks 1 day today - so MUCH better!! I know what you mean about not wanting your sister to steal your thunder, especially since you've tried for so long but you definitely will enjoy having someone pregnant with you. Kirk's cousin is pregnant right now and I have some friends that will be trying soon, so I'm hoping I'll have someone pregnant with me the whole time! :p I just realized I lent all my maternity clothes to a girl at work that had her baby in December - she already looks like she didn't even have a baby so I don't think she'll need them anymore! haha!

Yay for the 2-3 on the Digi!! Linds - that fab and must be reassuring for you. Will you going to the Drs for betas?

Rach - I can uderstand you feeling that way, I would have been the saem wanting it to be'my turn' in the spotlight so to speak but Linds is right it will be great for you to have babies so close together. Does your sisiter live nearer your parents?

TBH my brother and his wife will be trying soon and I am a bit jealous already that my Dad will see and be closer (not just phyisically) to their child than mine as we live a 4-5 hour drive away and its not even a twinkle in their eyes yet!!

Its so normal to feel everything you are, I think I spent most of 1st tri with B in a daze, poking and prodding my boobs to see if they hurt. Time between appointments seemed to drag forever but it won't be log till you see the Dr and hopefully get another scan booked.

Missed Kels post - hoping Khloe is well enough to go through with it and send lots of love and hugs for you both. I am sure all will be well and the best thing in the long run but I can only imagine how scared you must be just now. Huge :hugs:

I haven't decided about going to the doc for betas. I think I'll call them today to schedule a first apt but assume they will want to wait until I'm 8 weeks to come in for a scan. We haven't told any family yet so we haven't told my SIL that works at my OB office as the sonographer, but if I did, I'm sure she would talk to the doctors and get me in there for betas and as soon as they were high enough to see something on a scan would have them order a scan. I'm just torn - I kind of still don't want anyone to know as I'm not doing so good talking about it for some reason. Kirk and I have hardly talked about it as I know we're both pretty nervous. Maybe if I get enough work done this morning, I'll go get some betas done during lunch time.

betas would be the best bet Lindsay. whether its good or bad you will be able to let yourself prepare. I honestly think everything is good! esp those lines!!

Alyssa I totally get the being happy for your friends, but yet it making you feel sad. I had 3 very good friends all get pregnant at once, after I had been trying for a year, and getting together with them was so hard for me because it's all they talked about and their baby showers were torture. Hugs...so glad your kitty is responding good to the antibiotics and so glad to hear about the house---did everything go good Wednesday?
Sam---yay for B's tooth! Now just wait, they'll all come at once now! :) Khloe's bottom 2 came in without me even knowing, and the next 6 were gruesome--hope they come in good and quick for him.
Lindsay---let us know how O's appt goes at 3! How is your cold doing? Like I said, your tests look great, and I just have a great feeling about this pregnancy.
Rach---omg tomorrow you're 8 weeks!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't believe it! :) I totally understand wanting your pregnancy to be yours, and not having to share any of the excitment spotlight with anybody else. Hopefully it does come to your benefit though having somebody to go through it with. Is this the same sister that has the adorable twins? Was she trying?
Thanks everybody for the prayers and thoughts! I was a nervous nelly---and they almost didn't do it because she had a 100.8 underarm temp. they said she had a lot of thick cloudy fluid in her ears, and with this fluid out, she'll hear 30 decibels higher now. She only whimpered when she came back, babies in neighboring rooms were screaming non stop. Maybe because she was sick though, she didn't have the energy to scream....just so glad it's done. Now, to just get her fever gone!

Oh Kels I am so glad she is through it and it is sounding like she is doing well. Hope they can get here temp down. Will you have to stay in overnight? Everything will sound to different and LOUD to her now, she is bound to come on leaps and bounds especially without all the pain too.

Just noticed I did a post replying to Linds and Rach yesterday and its not there - grrr.

Linds - hope your appointment with O goes okay today, let us know how you get on.

afm - back to the Dr for me this time. I have had a bad cough since being ill and its been getting worse, not a chesty phlemy one or even a tickly one I just thought it was irritation making me cough then the cough was irritating me. But the last 2 days my breathing has been getting worse and affecting my asthma. Anyway I have new inhalers and a script for steroids if things get worse (but I really want to avoid them if possible).

Hi Ladies!!

Kels - I'm SO glad everything went well for Khloe today! She will be back to normal before you know it!! Such a relief to have that behind you!

As for Mr. O...He still has cloudy fluid in his ears. He only has two more days of antibiotics so she said she wouldn't have been surprised to see fluid in his ears but she had hoped it would at least be clear. So, we'll be back in a week for them to recheck his ears. I'm going to talk to my ENT about it and see what he says about where his ears should be at this point.

I'm trying to work on Oakley being able to be around while I'm on the computer - do the other mommies on here have trouble with their little ones banging on the computer and crying if you don't let them touch it? I really need to get to a point where I can do some work with him in the room. It's making me crazy how set he is on hitting the keyboard!

Oh and Sam - sorry you're not feeling well!! I'm finally on the mend but my cough was tough for a couple days. I considered stealing some of Oakley's albuterol lol!

Kelsey that is great news that Khloe didn't do so bad! I hope her fever can get under control. Poor baby girl! I hope from here on out she starts feeling much better. yes it is the same sister who as the twins :) They're getting SO big!! I can't wait to see them in the wedding with their flower girls dresses on!

Lindsay have you thought about maybe buying Oakley his own little 'laptop". I think Walmart has some for like $15/$20. That way he can feel like he's like mommy.

Sam i'm so sorry you're still sick. I'm glad you went to the dr though because it sounds like you definitely needed some medication to help you fight it. I can only imagine with having asthma it must effect it a lot. I hope you start feeling better. You need a week or two off to catch up on your health.

AFM -- all day i've felt blah. So tired and has felt like my pants have been too tight all day. They weren't, but you know that feeling when your pant line is just digging into your belly and makes your belly feel pressure? Yeah, that's what i've felt today. Also had a headache. Boobs aren't very sore today though. I'm just ready to sleep.

Linds - oh poor O, I hope the ENT guy suggest tubes if he isn't responding well enough to the antibiotics and his fluid is still cloudy. It almost sounds like he isn't getting over it completely before the next bout hits which makes me think it might be worth getting the tubes sooner rather than later. I was going to suggest what Rash did, maybe getting his own might help. I know another lady got the same keyboard but it wasn't plugged in so he could bang away next to her without it affecting her work. B bangs on my laptop and manages to do all sorts of things I have no idea how he got there. He once turned the screen on his side and reversed the movement of the mouse. That was a nightmare to sort lol!

Rach - Some days my belly seemed more bloated than others and its a common thing to get headaches due to the hormones so keep drinking plenty of fluid and hopefully after a nice sleep you'll feel a bit better tomorrow.

I haven't been feeling unwell with this cough it just been annoying till the last few days. Hope it helps and lets me get a bit of sleep anyway.

a little one for him or a keyboard is a great idea! I worry about the "fake" laptop as he knows the difference between a real phone and fake one for him or a fake remote, so a real laptop just unplugged may do the trick for a little while, at least!!

Rach - I needed a belly band around 9 weeks with Oakley just because my belly just didn't want anything pushing on it - at all!! They sell them at target and they were my favorite thing! You can then use a hair tie and loop it over the button, through the button hole and then loop back on the button and it allows the pants to stretch - great!! I suffered a lot from headaches too - probably more because I drink a lot of soda when I'm not pregnant so I was adjusting to a non-caffeine diet but I think the hormones wreck havoc on everything so like Sam said - drink LOTS of water - sucks for peeing but great for headaches!

Sam - Gosh! I haven't had any issues like that yet with Oakley - I have on my phone - the apps move ALL over the place!! I know what you mean about not feeling so badly but just getting irritated with a cough and then knowing when it's gone too far - that's what happened with my last cold. I got lucky with this one! Hope you won't have to use your steroids but it's better for you to be able to breathe!! :)

I just had a crying sesh. so over whelmed. feel like I dont feel enough symptoms. I hope everything stays good. I am such a worrier.

Rach - don't worry! Everything is going to be ok! :) when is your next appointment? I forget!

Alyssa - haven't heard from you in a while - hope you're doing ok and all house and fur baby stuff is going well!

I think I'm going to go ahead and call the doc today. I think I've convinced myself with my test this morning that this is different than last time. I'll post the pic later if you all aren't sick of seeing them yet, haha.

Sam how you feeling?

Alright, alright - you guys don't have to beg :p Here's the picture, haha. Maybe I'm just a little excited!! :thumbup: the top is from Wednesday night and the one on the bottom is from first thing this morning.

Attachments

• 20140131_053134.jpg
    20140131_053134.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 5
bottom ones darker than control line!! yay!!!!!!

when i woke up to pee this morning I had a tiny bit of pink again. ugh. makes me worry so much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->