1 day DPO and in need of buddies :)

Kelsey - I can't remember but have you been seeing your OB or have you started with a reproductive endocrinologist? I know my insurance did not have a FS but they have covered the RE. All of my testing has been covered so far, the only one I have had a little trouble with was the HSG as they said this is a test for infertility. Once they changed the coding to RPL there was no problem.

Mel - I did feel crampy last week too. I thought I was getting AF but no sign of her.

Even today I still have not seen blood on my liner only a little pink on the TP (sorry TMI). I guess depending on how it goes the rest of the day I'll see if I should change my Day 3 test to Thursday. :shrug:

I will be getting my progesterone checked on Wednesday. I went back to the EPU on my way home to see what they had decided and they will do it. I was so excited!!! - sad that I am happy about things like this these days!

Kels - it seem like there is so much ambiguity with regards tests/evidence etc. My research on here and others experience seem to show Thyroid can play a huge importance but my EPU won't check for it as they said there was little evidence. Others also think progesterone creams etc don't help sustain a pg, therefore why test. I wouldn't be getting this progesterone if I hadn't specifically asked. Crazy.

Mel- I hope all the prodding goes well tomorrow and the scans show that the lining is thinning and AF due soon. What other types of bloods do they need to do specifically for IVF? I really want this to start moving forward for you :hugs:

Sam - so true! I think you really have to insist on getting the whole work-up and take some of your treatments in your own hands. I don't know why they hesitate so much. I just typed up a fax to my doc and I am asking again to be tested for the NK cells. I know they don't believe in this but it would be nice to just rule it out once and for all. hummfff!!

Pink I get like that!! Like today I found out my second anticardiolipin test was normal so I dint have that syndrome. I was so excited to be getting the result. The pre ivf tests are STD, rubella, hepatistis and HIV and it goes on and on and on - got to have a high vaginal smear too and a saline scan.
Kels, I'm just having an ultrasound tomorrow to do a basic check that everything is ok after my d and c.
Jessie did you get them on and off? Mine was painful for about 1 minute and that was it. My lower back cramp was ongoing but now it's gone!

Mel - yes the pain was off and on, like AF was on its way. I also noticed I broke out a lot more this month. Not sure if its just the stress of all this or my hormones that seem to be completely out of whack this month.

So AF did not fully arrive today, just some brown spotting. Based on what you girls think I should not count this as CD 1 correct?

No, I count the first red bleed as CD1. If you are getting brown discharge then hopefully tomorrow it will be here.

Sounds good, thank you! Hopefully she arrives in full force tomorrow. I am ready to get this crazy cycle over with!!!

Hey girls :wave:

My first day at work went good. Didn't get a feel of what i'll be doing, just got to know about the company and my benefits. I'm super excited about them! Can't wait to see if i'll actually like the job or not. I had another baby dream last night that i got a pos test. That is the 4th one in 2 nights lol. I know it doesn't mean anything. I know it's because it's all that i think about. I poas this morning and it was a bFN of course. I'm starting to feel out this month. I was feeling all sorts of stuff 2 days ago. I felt all the top 5 symptoms but today nothing really. Had some real bad twinges in the night in my boob but then nothing. No cramps. I'm tired but that's because i got up super early. I just think i'm out.

I hope y'all are doing good! I miss you girlies. Jess i'd count the first day of full force bleeding CD1 like Sam said. It's also what my CBFM says.

Rach - that's so great about your job. And since nothing was mentioned about the referral and they had you come to orientation, I think you are in the clear!!! That's good about the dreams, I really hope they come true for you. Its still too early to test. How about testing on Friday! :)

Speaking of HPTs do you girls have a link of where you get them fairly cheap? I usually get them at the drug store but I am feeling like I might need to be poas addict too next time. I always try to hold back because they are so expensive and sometimes when I am just testing for the heck of it I pick some up at the dollar store.

Kelsey - good luck with your test today!

Mel - I can't remember but are you having another test today too? FX!!!!

Sam - How are feeling today?

Good luck today Kelsey (and Mel?) Today with your tests!

Jess I always count first day of red blood as cd1 even if it starts at 10pm. But if it happens overnight then its the next morning.

I started prenatal yoga yesterday. It was so nice! So relaxing! Super easy though and DH was reminding ne that I'll appreciate that when I'm gigantic lol

Hope you guys have a great day!

Thinking of you both today.

Good luck Kelsey with the HSG

Hoping the scan shows you what you what is going on and an idea when AF might be here Mel.

:hugs:

Ok ladies, it's official... CD 1 today!!! :yipee: :yipee: :yipee: :yipee: :yipee:
I can't believe I am getting excited about AF!!! :wacko:

YAY!!! I know what you mean to say its seems wrong to be so happy to see AF but its the start of moving forwards. YAY!!

Aww that's brilliant Jessie!! X x
Great about the yoga Lindsay!
Kels how did you get on?
My scan was ok but I've got a more thorough one tomorrow

Kelsey - did you watch the Bachelor last night??? WTF!!!??? Ugh! Next week cannot get here soon enough!!!

Hey girls! Well everything came back clear today on the HSG!! I don't know how I'll ever handle child birth, because that was PAINFUL. She could not get the thread or whatever it's called into my cervix, so it was REALLY painful. But once it was done I felt better instantly, no cramping. She said sometimes the tubes have what she describes as "snot" in the tubes and this helps clear that all out. She said initially it was hard getting the dye in, so she said it's very possible I had a lot of that in my tubes that got washed out. Soooo....excited, but yet kind of wondering if that's not the problem than what is?!? She said that she does not think at this point I should go to a FS, that I should try a couple more rounds of clomid. She said she's only had about 10% of women be unsuccessful with Clomid (although that doesn't make me feel better, because so far I've always been the 10%). I mentioned that I read so often about Clomid not being effective unless done with IUI, and she said that's totally not the case. She said it was odd how hard it was to get into my cervix, and she said that could be the problem with getting pregnant taking longer, but she said it should not prevent me. She said we should not try this month (which is actually a relief, for the first time in 16 months to not have a bd'ing schedule and not have a 2WW) and then call her when I get AF and I'll try clomid again.
I guess here's my concern. You're only supposed to take Clomid 6 cycles total, because some think it increases your chance of cervical cancer, although again my DR. said she does not believe that and there's not enough evidence of it. So I worry that I'm wasting months of just clomid, when I should be doing Clomid + IUI. We don't really have the money for that though....what do you girls think, see the FS or go with the clomid. She said she wouldn't do the FSH test because of my age and my Progesterone numbers.
Sorry this has been such a ramble! I'm just so mixed, I really thought they would see that at least 1 of my tubes had an issue, and then I'd at least have an explanation. (Also, I was thinking about Messina's prediction telling me I'd soon hear news difficult to take, but that didn't happen today!---maybe the news will be the bill for this because they told me today it may be $1200!!!) From what I read, unexplained infertility is the worst to have because there's no treatment then!
Anyway, enough of my rant.
Jessie---:happydance: yeahhh for AF! So is this your first month back to TTC? Like the other said, I count CD1 as first day that I have full flow (no matter the time). So then is Thursday your FSH test?
Mel, good luck with your test tomorrow!
Rachael---did you test today? Glad work is going good! So happy for you!!!
Sam---temps are looking AWESOME! :thumbup:
Hi Linds!! Is Friday your US?!?!!?

Kelsey - do glad your test went ok and everything looked good. I am really hoping too that you just had some snot in your tubes and that's all your problem is. The "snot in the tubes" sounds hilarious!!! :rofl:
But seriously FX that's all it is for you. I think I told you but I have heard that the HSG helps "clear things out". What if you take this month off, let your cervix lining build back up and try next month without the Clomid just to see? I hope your news from Messina is not having to pay for that test!!! I had some trouble getting that test covered with my insurance too because they kept saying it was for infertility. I kept telling them it was not, that it was for recurring pregnancy loss. They finally changed the coding and covered it so keep that in mind if you have trouble.

AFM I am still not trying this month. I will probably start in April. Yes, I have my Day 3 test in Thursday. Hope they don't tell me I have expired eggs!!! :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->