1 day DPO and in need of buddies :)

Thanks for the info girls!

Mel - I am so sorry that you are suffering this way. :hugs: I hope you get your happy ending with the ivf treatment. ! That's good that you will have genetic testing on your eggs. That's what they mentioned for me too. Its scary to think that you could probably even pick if you wanted only girl or only boy eggs implanted, isn't it!!??? You have been able to get pregnant and even a normal one so I am confident that they will be able to find some good ones!! It is disheartening that with all the expense and effort involved with IVF there are still no guarantees. It seems like for that kind of money they should be able to ensure that the darn egg will stick!!! Why did one of your doctors say no to pgd? That's interesting. I will probably need to head over the the PAL forum for a look. I feel so worn out about all of this I have really only been active on here on a couple threads that I have been in for a long time (and of course this one, which I love coming in to check on). I am very interested to see what the quality and quantity of my eggs is after my Day 3 test (I am going to be 39 next month :cry: boo!!!) Yeah I don't think adoption is an option we are willing to consider at this point, or even ever. We really want our own baby and if we can't have one then I guess we'll just move on and enjoy life just the two of us.

At this point I am leaning towards trying one more time with the progesterone earlier. The RE doctor said I'd start the progesterone at 3 DPO next time. (I think last pregnancy it was just waaaaaay to late to make a difference and I did test low for progesterone). We will see how my Day 3 test comes back then next month do the sonogram and start TTC with the progesterone I think. If that ends badly then we may look into the pgd IVF and like you said Kelsey, someone better be collecting all kinds of frickin tissue samples next time!!! DH is supportive and up for whatever at this point. He just doesn't want to see me go through another MC again, especially after the last one, which was awful. His grandfather passed this week and he did say to me the other day that nobody is going to care when we die (because we don't have kids :cry:) Ugh!!! Depressing isn't it!!?? No AF yet, I think I would just be wasting a test to try it, but maybe I will in the next couple days to just for the heck of it. I really think you girls were right and I O'd late this cycle , around CD 20.

Kelsey - sorry you are having some bad weather but the pic you posted is beautiful. I love how the snow looks on the trees!!! By the way I hate to bring this up again but its in the 80's here today and I am sweating. I think the summer is going to be awful if its this hot now!! . I am not sure about BDing after the HSG. I don't think I had to wait. But I am not sure. Actually, I think he had me holding off in BDing the whole time of my testing because he did not want me to get prego until they got to the bottom of the testing. I have hear women say that they had luck after the HSG and felt that it might have "cleared" things out a bit flushing the dye through there. I hope that's the case for you!!!!

Rach - I hope those are pregnancy symptoms and not gas!!!:haha: I think if you haven't heard anything else from that job you should be Ok.

Sam - how are you feeling? I really hope you caught that egg this month. I noticed in your charts that you don't get a drastic spike in your temps around O. Its more mild. Is that the clomid that does that? I can't remember but are you taking progesterone too?

Well girls I am off for a nap, this heat has me exhausted!!! I will check in with you later :wave:

Hiya pink! :wave: must catch up with you, I can't keep up with the other thread anymore!

https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-after-loss/822106-pal-after-recurrent-losses-come-join-us.html

Here you go jess

Hi fili - how are you? I was reading about you trying IVF and I am glad that is something yuo have decided to do. The thread has a few new people so moving quite fast atm.

Jess - I am not on clomid or progesterone. I haven't had my progesterone checked at all! I have an appointment for repeat bloods on Wed when coincidentally I will cd21/7dpo so I might ask, but I doubt they will. Its just the nurse taking bloods, not seeing a Dr and she wouldn't do the thyroid when I asked last time, but we'll see.

Apart from last month, I thought my temp jumps were okay, at least 0.4. I am bit worried now, do you think they should be higher?

Hi Sam - I would not be worried about it, It looks normal for you. Some people have a very drastic drop and then spike at O. I've always wondered about it. Maybe next time you go in to see the doctor you can take in a printed copy of your chart to show them. My RE doctor was very interested in seeing my charts when I brought them. I might ask again too when I go in next month.

Hiya pink, I think that's a really good idea to show your doctor the charts. I think the best thing to do is to compare your own patterns and judge that way x x

Aww Mel I'm so sorry to hear how intense you are suffering.....I pray that IVF is the answer to your prayers...
Jessie I am also anxious to see what your Day 3 test shows. I really want that test, and I'll talk to my Dr. about that on Tuesday if that's something she's willing to test. I think it's a great idea to try again with progesterone earlier. I'll talk to my Dr. about that too, because now we know that I do have low progesterone and don't have the best OV. Sorry to hear about OH's grandpa, you know the saying though, death brings life? That's so sad to think about what your DH said....if we wouldn't have children nobody would care if we died. Gah, how awful to think. I also don't think I could do adoption, I really want the whole package, pregnancy and "our" baby that we made and has our features and personalities....
Sam I don't have drastic temp rises either. Even after I went on Clomid and had good progesterone, I still had slow rising temps. I've worried about it, but I've googled it a ton and it seems like some people are just slow temp risers.
Rachael good luck at your job tomorrow! I'll be thinking of you! What kind of hours will you be working? How are you feeling today? Still planning on testing tomorrow? I'll be stalking!
Lindsay, hope you're feeling good! Eliza, you too!
Hope everybody had a good weekend!

Hi Kelsey! Yes, I am anxious to get the test but still waiting for damn AF to arrive. I changed my O day on FF to CD 20 so we'll see if she shows up in the next day or 2. Yes definitely see what your doctor says about the progesterone. I would be curious to know too.

Thanks Kelsey. I'll be training for 12 weeks which will have me working Mon-Fri from 8-430. After that it will be Sun-Thurs 930-6! Which will be nice. I'm def not complaining! I hope when i go there tmrw they don't ask me why i even bothered showing up since i lied. How humiliating would that be?! I'd be so mad! Anyways, i been feeling okay today. Still feeling some light crampy stuff every now and then. Today i am CD 27 and 8dpo. Since my miscarriage in August i had been charting my cycles and they range from 29-33 days. Last month was my weird one.. it was a 35 day cycle. So from when i O'd if my lethal phase is 14 days then it will be a 33 day cycle this month. I'm praying this are PG symptoms and not just some cruel AF that will come early. I asked OH if my boobs looked different today LOL. They felt bloated to me but then again i was like noo. He said my nipples looked puffy lmfao! What a douche! He kills me. My cervix was really low last night.. this morning it was higher. I just pray i can get a BFP tmrw but i'll only be 9dpo. Not until 11dpo do i start to get excited but disappointed all in one!

Kelsey - I was reading about one of the drugs that was mentioned by one of the girls in Mel's other thread.... Femera. Have you heard of it? I posted a link to some info below. It talks about use after Clomid attempts fail. I wonder if this could be an option for you so I thought I would pass it along so you can ask at your appt.

https://www.advancedfertility.com/femara-letrozole-fertility.htm

Mel - good luck with your test tomorrow. Let us know how it goes. Kelsey is having one too on Tuesday. :)

Sounds like there are a lot of upcoming appointments! FXd for good info for you guys! did everyone have a good weekend? I so wanted this morning to be Sunday :( ohwell haha. DH got a lot of work done on our bathroom. He took a few weeks off bc we've had so many guests in town that he didnt have time to work on it. Looks like drywall will be up next weekend! That's my fav part haha it makes it feel like a room again. All the rest of the fun stuff is done - buying everything. Now I'll have to pick a color but I think im going to stay neutral as the vanity and flooring is going to be dark.

Someone asked about the babys room theme - we are going with a nautical theme I think. I'm on my phone now but I can link to the bedding we're thinking about getting from buybuybaby - I think its called ahoy mate or something like that. The room is already painted an off white and the decorations will bring in the color. We aren't planning on staying in our house too kuch longer so we're trying to keep everything in selling colors lol. Painting that room was my "therapy" between the miscarriage and getting pregnant again. I feel pretty useless during this renovation we are doing now as I really can't do anything but run to home depot when DH needs something but its worth it :)

Sam - I think your chart is looking good based on your other charts!

Rach how many dpo are you now? Did you get your BBT yet?

I have my 20 week scan on Wednesday. I'm so hoping those cysts will be gone off the little ones brain but sounds like I should still expect to see them until between 24 and 28 weeks. This scan will be with my sil so it will be more fun than the normal ones lol.

Hi girls,

Mel - hope your appointment goes okay today. Is it just the Dr you are seeing or more tests?

Lindsey - your theme sounds lovely. Are you planning on moving soon then? Half way there!! I am glad you will have nice relaxing scan with your SIL, try not to worry too much about the cysts, easier said than done I know.

Rachel - Good luck with your first day orientation!! Any signs yet? Have you got your BBT?

Kelsey - I will be thinking about you tomorrow. I am sure it will go well and that everything comes back clear. I know that would be a good thing but maybe it will then it will cause confusion as to what may be going on.

Hi Eliza!

AFM - had a quietiish weekend, nothing exciting to report.

Popped through to the EPU this morning to ask for the progesterone test on Wednesday but only the nice receptionist lady was there and she didn't know how to spell it (so doesn't sound like it is something they do routinely), so might either pop in when I have finished work or ring to find out for sure. I just thought I'd ask rather than have to ring the GP as that day will be CD21/7DPO exactly.

Hi girls!
I had a quiet weekend too, not very productive unfortunately.

Linsday - Can't wait to see your baby room theme! We would probably do a nautical theme too if we (ever) had a boy since we love boats and the water! :) Good luck for Wednesday, I am sure your little one will be perfect!!!

Mel - thinking if you today...

Rach - how are you feeling.

Sam - I really hope this is your month. Your chart is looking good!!! :)

Kelsey, Eliza - hope you are doing well.

As for me, I think AF will be arriving today. I feel crampy and I had a huge temperature drop this morning. I had a slight tinge of pink on the TP when I went to the bathroom so I went ahead and scheduled my Day 3 test for Wednesday at 2pm. So girls, I know this is a matter of debate but when you get AF in the afternoon, do you still count that at CD 1? I always have but I have read somewhere that CD 1 should be the next day...? I think I am Ok for the test on Wednesday afternoon since they said it can be done anywhere from CD 2-4

Thanks girls I have a scan booked for tomorrow morning at 9.30 so hoping they will tell me all is ok and af will start soon I'm so impatient and pessimistic lol!
We got all our pre ivf blood tests organised on the Nhs this morning thousands of pounds worth for free! Our doctor was most happy to organise them so we both get our blood taken for these on weds.
Jessie hope af comes today for you x x did you get any cramps a week ago like me? Day 1 is first day of full flow
Pink, glad your getting the progesterone test done it should give you peace of mind at least, I'm sire you'll be fine though. X x.

Sorry Jess, missed you off my post.

It depends how close to noon it started. After 5pm then I might count it as the next day. Usually for me though it does tend to start in the morning

Good luck kels! You and me are being prodded and poked tomorrow I'll be thinking of you x x x

Jessie I'll ask about Femera! I'm a bit nervous as I was reading and it looks like Femera can cause a higher chance of birth defects!? I just really hope our Dr. has a plan of action, but I'm not really sure how much she can do. I think they hold off as long as possible to refer us to a FS as insurance doesn't usually cover that, but it seems as though my insurance covers all testing, just not treatment.
I have also wondered what to count as CD1 because a lot of times I first get AF late afternoon! I have always counted the first day of full flow (whata visual) no matter the time as CD1.
Lindsay I will pray the cysts have vanished! Don't be afraid if they're not though, I thought it was usually more in the 3rd Tri they disappear? Can't wait for the pics from your us!
Rachael, thinking of you today at your new job hun! Let us know how great it went :)
Sam, I'd def. push for a Progesterone test. For whatever reason my dr. would not test my Progesterone unless I was on clomid (makes no sense to me, but she said without being on Clomid the Progesterone test wouldn't tell us anything). But Prog. is such a huge part of ovulation and pregnancy, I don't understand why it's not checked first thing!
Mel, does Jessie's post mean you are having a HSG too!? I'm having one tomorrow at 730 am. I'm the most impatient and pessimistic person ever, so this whole process has been hell for me! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->