1 day DPO and in need of buddies :)

Hey Beautiful Girls! :wave:

Ugh well bad news, AF is arriving as i type this. Cramping like a MOFO, but i must say i'm glad it's finally here (even though it's technically 2 days early). Feels great when it just COMES and gets it's job done. Move over AF because according to Mesina this is my month ;) lol. I already know what you're going to ask and NO i didn't get a BBT :( I am tonight when Andrew gets out of work! Got to get gas too. I WILL GET ONE!! I just hope i friggin remember to use it in the morning. LOL. I also just filled out my forms for insurance!!!!! So happy! I get to call around and figure things out! Can't wait. I have a $500 deductible but after that they will cover 90% of my hospital bills for post/prenatal care and delivery. As far as OBGYN check ups it's 100% covered. Just happy for all that. Woo hoo. Also the woman i've wanted to see is an In-Network OBGYN.. i'm so happy!! I never have saw her before but i heard good things about her. Let me remind you, since i've lived down here i haven't been to a OBGYN. I went to planned parenthood maybe twice for an annual. Last year i went to family planning for a annual. Other than that i haven't been seen. I just can't friggin wait.

Jessie i pray so hard for you that everything is AOK! I'm sure it is. I hate waiting. Seems like 5x's longer. Everything is going to fine babycakes.

Kels well all that answers your questions you had for me.. lol. What CD are you on anyways? Or aren't you paying attention since you're not trying this month? You have to be getting there. I hope you start feeling better. Hmm.. maybe take a PG test anyways. Some girls still get their AF's when PG!! Or did they test that when they did your HSG?

Mel, i am doing good. How are you doing sweety?

Sam, WOOHOO on the progesterone. Such a relief to hear decent news. What dpo are you?

Rach I am jealous that you got your af if that's any consolation! Mine won't come for another month because my corpus luteum from my last pregnancy is still there and delaying af :growlmad: this will be your month though Hun x x x

Morning ladies!

So I was only in the doghouse.for about a minute and then DH just laughed at me lol. I felt so bad! Ohwell, just so glad he's quitting. It was our deal from when we first met that when we got married and started having kids, as soon as i figured out I was pregnant he would start trying to quit. So happy he's really doing it, I know its so hard!

So, who's trying this month? Is it just Sam and rach right now? I'm losing track of what charts to stalk lol

Good morninggggggggggggggggggggg girls! :)

Mel - they are testing FSH, Estradiol, and Anti-Mullerian Hormonedone. Gosh I hope my eggies are ok!!!! :shrug: So, was the test you had a HSG or is the saline test something else? I am glad it all turned out OK, just wondering in case I missed getting myself tested for something :)

Rach - sorry that AF has arrived but according to Messina THIS is going to be your month!!! Make sure you get that BBT today so you can start charting. Lindsay said she's ready to stalk your chart!! :) :coffee: I keep my BBT on my nightstand with a mini flashlight and take my temp as soon as I am waking up. They have a little reminder alarm on the program so if you keep your phone on your nightstand you can just enter the data right then. I just kept a little notepad on my nightstand to write down the temp.

Sam - How are you feeling this month? When are you going to test?

Linsday - :yipee: for Kirk!!! That is so great that he is working so hard to quit!

Kelsey - hope you are feeling better today!!!

AFM - AF has started to slow down. I had 2 days of heavy flow and then yesterday it was basically down to a trickle. Do you think that is OK or should I be concerned? You know one thing I was thinking about that I am going to mention next time I go to the doc (probably should have already) is that when I was younger I was on Depo Provera for a long time. The entire time I was on it I never got AF, not even a drop. I thought it was awesome at the time, but now I am wonder if it was bad for my body to not go through that "shedding" process for so many years...? What do you girls think? Of course I have been off of any kind of birth control since April 2009.

Jessie, mine was a saline scan which is a bit different to a hsg but similar! I definitely don't think that birth control had anything to do with affecting your body. In fact that can preserve your fertility as you don't release as many eggs. You're just going through the blame yourself cycle which I have been through....hmmm let me think...everyday!! Yesterday it was that I used to drink too much diet coke!! :saywhat:
Jessie your results will be great you'll see. We're just having bad luck. When do you get your results? x x x

Sam---that Progesterone number is good---they want to see anything over 10 to confirm ovulation! Can't wait to watch your temps these next couple days! FX'd!!
Jessie--I love that I'm not the only one that gives my reproductive parts pep talks!! Mine listened on Tuesday, so surely yours listened yesterday :) I've also wondered myself if being on the pill so long (I think it was like 7 or 8 years) affected me TTC now. I do not get ANY ewcm, and I remember before the pill having gobs of it. I suppose though if that was the case, they would have to warn you and wouldn't keep you on the contraceptions so long if it would affect our future fertility.

:hugs: Rachael, sorry stupid AF showed up! She showed up early though so we can get this show on the road and get your BFP sooner this month!! :happydance: Your job starts the same time Mon-Fri right? That will make temping easier, because if you had to always work diff. hours I can see how temping would be a pain. You'll be excited to temp, especially close to OV time and the 2WW. At least I am, it's nearly impossible for me to forget to test, because I can't wait to wake up and see my temp! Jessie I always grab my alarm clock and use that as my light to see the temp (funny our little rituals). Then I keep a calender by my bed to write the temps on.
Lindsay glad Kurt wasn't mad, I didn't think he would be :) He was just wanting you to give him some attention and praise for his good work. lol That's awesome that he's keeping his word and quitting smoking! Good for him!! :flower:
Any big weekend plans? This weekend is another baby shower for me (on Sunday), ugg, dreading it!!!!!!! Tonight we have a fundraiser to go to (Fridays are really my night I like to veg, I hate having stuff going on on Fridays), and tomorrow we have a birthday party. Busy weekend/month--which will hopefully help this non-TTC month pass quicker for me! Next weekend will be the bridal shower, and the weekend after is supposed to be ANOTHER babyshower, but I'm being a bad friend and skipping it to visit my friend from college. My sister encouraged me to skip this weekends babyshower too because I get in such a funk for a couple days after but I can't hide from them forever! And I am so happy for my friends, so I need to share in their joy and pray someday it will be my time.

Jess - I've heard drop is only rough on ttc straight after, and that's not always even true bc my brothers SIL got pregnant the cycle straight off of it and has a healthy baby boy to show for it. I also usually only have two heavy days and then it goes to practically nothing and then it comes back a bit for a day and then im down to panty liners for like 3 days. So, yours sounds pretty normal but it never hurts to ask the doc.

Kelsey - you're so strong going to all these baby showers! Such a great friend! Its going to be your time very soon! I googled too and you could def be more fertile after your latest test! Can't wait for your next cycle but enjoy this one off - have an extra drink and some sushi for me ;)

Mel - its so nice to be seeing you in here again! We missed you!

Rach - have you started your job for real yet? I hope you love it! Very exciting you can get to a doc you want to see and chat about everything going on lately, its so important to have a good doc! Woohoo!

Sam - how you feelin? When you thinking about testing?

Oh yea and about the birth control thing - I was on birth control for 10+ years before we got pregnant and i got pregnant straight away with no af between coming off of it and the doc said it could have been a reason why i miscarried but I have another friend who had the same thing happen to her and she has a little boy to show for it so I think its very controversial. Now DH doesn't want me on birth control when this one is born but we'll see...I think i will want to for ease and just get off it a few months before we try for a second. It's hard to even think about right now.

This weekend - tomorrow I'm going with a good friend to get her wedding dress :) then over to a housewarming party and Sunday I'm going shopping with my lok and out for frozen yogurt with a girlfriend. I think tonight DHs best friend wants to do something but I might send them out and be a bum on the couch lol.

Hi ladies,

Rachel - I am glad the first week has gone well. Sorry AF has arrived :hugs: Did you buy your BBT today? Onto another cycle and this is the one mesina predicted for you. I use the light from mobile phone to light up the bbt under the covers so as to not wake OH up at the weekends. I temp vag as it is more accurate and my thighs muffle the sounds of the beeps!

Jess - I have never had long AF either before or after mc's. I can usually go Au natural over night after 2nd day with light pads during the day. Mine never last more that 4 days and that last AF last month I was pushing it saying light flow on the 4th day, more like spotting, if that. Sometimes it may be the 2nd AF that might be more full on but it sounds okay to me. I am sure you AMH will be absolutely fine.

Kelsey - how are you hun? I hope you get through the baby showers okay. I agree with Lindsey. Try and enjoy this month off, it did help me relax a bit more in Jan. Are you still going to temp/opk?

Mel - Think of this as a 'normal' month ov then AF and that might help although I know you want to get AF out of the way and start on the test/ivf etc.

Lindsey - I did test yesterday super white BFN. I caved because 2 other ladies in my other thread got bfp at 8 and 9 dpo. I am glad your OH is doing to so well quitting. 12 days and counting, I really hope he manages to stay off them this time.

afm - OMG don't know where to start. This is what I wrote in my journal this morning.

"Okay this is what happened so far. I wasn't going to test but then thought WTH nothing to lose, so I used an IC same brand as yesterday. Using FMU nothing came up, so I though BFN again but when I really squinted I could see where the line was supposed to be. Yesterday I couldn't even see that! I couldn't tell if there was any colour so thought maybe it was wishful thinking.

Went to town and bought 3x 99p One step cheapies and thought I could see a line with pink in it!! I had saved my FMU (forgot to throw away really!) so used a Superdrug one when I got home and this is what I got. Can you see the line? I have 4 FRER which I might save till tomorrow. Looks pinker in RL."

I haven't put the pics in here but they are in my journal page 5 (post 48).

Still in shock!

Omg Sam how could you leave news like that until the end of your post?!?!?!?! Lol!!! The 2nd test is def a BFP!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! :cloud9::happydance::happydance::hugs::happydance::happydance::baby::baby:
Finally some good news and excitement in here! How are you feeling? Please keep us updated in your journey :cloud9:

Kelsey - I have stopped shaking but my heart is still beating 10 to the dozen. I had this funny feeling since Ov that something was different, I didn't want to say I felt pg as I thought I was just jinxing things or being daft. I have had sore boobs for the last 2 days and this is going from NOT having ANY soreness since mc (and before). I used to get sore boobs with PMT so thought maybe that was them eventually getting back to normal. So this is a new sign for me as my boobs were not sore before my 1st pg, I've felt nauseous and had cramps in the evening for a few days now.

Getting the BFN yesterday was really disheartening and I nearly didn't test today, glad I did I think! Now the worry and panic start!

Good morning girls!!!

Omg Sam!!! I am heading over to your journal right now!! That is sooooo great!!! You will be our first BFP of 2012!!!! To all the other ladies, I think next month we should head for a massage too, it seems to work!!!

Lindsay - so glad to hear that about AF. Your cycle sounds just like mine so I feel better!

Mel - I hope you're right about my eggs been preserved a bit during the time I did not get AF.

Kelsey - hope your shower goes ok. Have A LOT to drink, i think that will help!! :wine:

Rach - how is your BBT working out?

Girls I never thought about using the light from my phone to see my temperature.

AFM- Chris and I got out to the boat last night and this morning we made a trip down by water to a island state park we like to stay at. So far it's a little cloudy but hopefully the sun will come out soon. anyone have any exciting plans for the weekend?

OMG Sam!!!! Congrats!!!!! wooooohooooo!!!! I'm so excited for you! How funny because I'm crazy and I get up early and look at everyone's charts while I'm checking my email and I looked at yours and thought how great it was looking and that you were probably going to get a BFP and you did!! So happy for you hun!! :hugs: They look great too for 10DPO! You going to try to go into your docs for early bloods?

Jess - Being out on your boat sounds so lovely! I wish we could all come hang out on your boat lol :p look me inviting myself! haha and don't worry about your AF, I'm sure it's fine!

I'm going with my friend today to pick up her wedding dress - I'm so excited to see it!

Hope you all are having a great weekend so far! :) I'm beaming from the good news for Sam! You started my weekend out so lovely!!

Thanks Lindsey! They don't really do bloods here for beta hcg. I never had them done even when miscarrying so doubt they'll do them now.

Enjoy picking up the wedding dress with your friend, its such a lovely feeling that. When is the wedding?

OMGGGGOOOOSH SAM!!! So happy for you. Congratulations!!! Have a H&H 9 months!! <3

Jess i hope you had fun on your boat! It's warm here but not nearly as warm as down there! How are you doing sweety?

Soo... i have DECENT news. I GOT A THERMOMETER!! lol. I made a special trip to walmart just for it! LOL. Going to go setup my chart and stuff! So excited. Anyone have the same brand as me? Mine is MABIS. It has the built in memory for your temp. I'm not using the CBFM this month. I went to Fashion Bug too since i'm a plus sized girl and they had 40% off today and i got an AWESOME deal! Got 6 dress shirts, 1 blouse and 1 pair of khaki jeans for $102!! I needed all these clothes for work. I'm just so excited. lol. Ugh last night i drank so much and today i've been so hung over. I never ever have thrown up from drinking but today changed that. I never in my life wanna drink again! UGH! Just now starting to feel better.

i hope i remember my thermometer in the morning..... lol. got my chart in my signature now! whoop whoop go me. anything you can tell me about charting would be helpful. i have no idea where temps should be?

ugh when i click on my ticker it doesn't even go to my chart... wtf. someone please explain what im doing wrong lol.

Sam - the wedding is October 27th and my due date is July 26th so I've got 3 months to fit into a bridesmaid dress lol I can do it! How are you feeling today??

Rach - yay for getting the BBT! I am clueless when it comes to having a ticker and having it link straight to your chart. The only way I know how to share my chart is to go to fertility friend and go to your chart and then at the top of the page there's a tab that says "sharing" and click on "get code". Then copy and paste the bbcode and put it in your signature and you'll get the "My Ovulation Chart" link in your signature. The other ladies might be able to help you get the ticker to actually link but I'm so clueless, I tried and failed! lol

Yay Rachel I can see your chart! Woo hoo for bbt and temping. Sounds like you got a fab bargain for you work clothes!

Lindsey - You'll be able to lose the baby weight by then I am sure. I had a bit of back ache this morning which was a bit scary as last time I got bad backache I started bleeding 2nd mc. I think it is normal though and seems to have eased. Alternating between nausea and hunger. Its a bit like when you are hunger over, that kind of funny stomach feeling.

Kelsey - how are you? Hope the baby showers etc wasn't too tough on you. Did you have a few drinks?

Jess - loved the pic on FB of your boat trip this weekend. Looks fab, we had a reasonably warm Sunday. It got up to a balmy 14oC/57oF!!

Mel - how are you? Hope you are having a relaxing weekend.

Hey girls! Well we got home this afternoon after our weekend on the boat. It was so nice and the weather was almost like summer! We had lot of fun and even did a bit of drinking. I don't really drink too often anymore so it doesn't take much for me LOL.

How are you girls doing?

Sam - I am still so super excited about your BFP!!!

Lindsay we would love you have you guys on the boat, let me know if you are ever in the Tampa Bay area! :)

Rach - yeah!!!! for the BBT. I saw you even posted your chart. That is so great. We will help you as you go through the month with it. Just make sure you take your temp each morning before you step one foot out of the bed. Its best to take it right as you are starting to wake up (then enter it in FF or write it down as soon as possible). If you can track your CM that will help too! Good luck!

Mel - How are you doing?

Kelsey - did you survive your shower?

Eliza - if you are stalking :wave:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79