10 weeks with IVF twins

Good ultrasound and appt with regular and high risk OBs today!! They indeed performed NT scan and combined with blood tests, we are good to go, no issue. Very relieved. Babies were quite active (mommy had to eat between appts). Actually baby A was covering its face and tech had a hard time getting a pic of nasal bone. Baby B was super bouncy and tech couldn't get the heart rate. Lol little troubles.

Awesome news!! :) since you're seeing a high risk doc does that mean you get to see the babies again in a couple of weeks? Are you on any meds at all?

Awesome news!! :) since you're seeing a high risk doc does that mean you get to see the babies again in a couple of weeks? Are you on any meds at all?

Well looks like sono at least every 3-4 weeks! Only taking thyroid meds and prenatals now, and weaning myself off crinone and baby aspirin. They will do early gest diabetes test due to my pcos at next appt (2/6).

OK, me too. Actually I went off aspirin due to spotting, but am still doing nightly progesterone. Were you ever on estrogen patches? I am soooo glad to be off those things...I just went off on Thursday. :wacko: Good luck with your GD test.. let us know how you get on.

OK, me too. Actually I went off aspirin due to spotting, but am still doing nightly progesterone. Were you ever on estrogen patches? I am soooo glad to be off those things...I just went off on Thursday. :wacko: Good luck with your GD test.. let us know how you get on.

Nope, no estrogen patches for me.

hmommy, how are you doing? Did the spotting finally resolve?

Bc, nope...still spotting although just small spots...knock on wood!! I actually think maybe the estrogen might have had something to do with it because I was on patches up until this past Thursday and I noticed a mAjor improvement when I stopped using them.

flag, I wish I would have stopped my estrogen sooner but my dr kept me on them for some reason.

Well girls, my doc has agreed that bed rest is the way to go for me. I had a major bleed yesterday and with ultrasound they were able to see a small subchorionic hematoma that is at the base of one of the baby's placentas. I had this with my last pregnancy and it didn't end well so we're hoping that bed rest might give us a better outcome :shrug:

So, I had to email my boss ...cannot imagine what she's going to think but I guess it is what it is :wacko: just praying that the bed rest makes all the difference this time round :coffee:

I bet it will do you a world of good to get off your feet. Don't worry about your boss, just focus on taking care of yourself. :hugs:

Hmom rest up and take care :) I am sure you and the babies will do great!

Well girls, my doc has agreed that bed rest is the way to go for me. I had a major bleed yesterday and with ultrasound they were able to see a small subchorionic hematoma that is at the base of one of the baby's placentas. I had this with my last pregnancy and it didn't end well so we're hoping that bed rest might give us a better outcome :shrug:

So, I had to email my boss ...cannot imagine what she's going to think but I guess it is what it is :wacko: just praying that the bed rest makes all the difference this time round :coffee:

Sorry you are having to go through this. I think bed rest will make a world of a difference. Just take it very easy. I have read a lot of stories on here of women who had bleeds related to subchorionic h and it resolved on its own. It is great that you are at the point where you can stop the extra meds. I too was on estrogen three times a day up until the 14th week. I am not sure if it had anything to do with my spotting though but I always assumed the asprin did. Because of our miscarriage history and constant cramping for the first 17 weeks of this pregnancy I felt very fragile. I was worried that any big move would lead to a problem. I spend the first two trimesters being really really careful. I think it is one of the reasons this pregnancy has stuck for us. So I do believe best rest is very helpful, even early on. Hang in there and put those feet up!

Thanks so much girls :hugs: I'm just trying to relax and not worry about finances or google too much!! Lol.. Hoping both babies make it and just praying this time things have a happy ending [-o<[-o<

Good luck, hmommy!!

I had some nasty cough that started on Saturday and then chills and shivers rolled around on Sunday night, followed by rapid increase in my temperature. Ended up in the ER with a fever. They tested for all kinds of things and turned out it was flu, just as I worried. Stayed the night there but my temp subsided just slightly and my heart rate stayed well above 130 most of the time. Lucky me was admitted to hospital Monday morning. Things are better now, just cough and runny nose. Hoping to go home soon. This place depresses me and makes me an emotional wreck.

Oh my gosh, flag!! So sorry to hear you have the flu ...they will take good care if you even though the place is depressing. Did you at least get to see the babies? Get better soon :hugs:

Oh yes! My DH missed last Thursday appt (where I assume I caught that nasty bug). So we had a chance to see baby A dancing around and baby B was doing crunches. Hehe.

Haha..live it! It's funny how you can already tell which twin is the laid back one :)

Well here's the funny thing: it's B that's usually all bouncy and A is laid back. So I was surprised.

I had a horrible flu and pneumonia too recently and fever cough and rapid heart rate. I ended up on puffers and antibiotics. Not my ideal but I had no choice.
Hope you are feeling better soon

Flag I hope you're feeling better soon! I am glad you got to see the LO's :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->