10 weeks with IVF twins

Thanks girls. Of course I didn't get any sleep last night :wacko: will let you know how things go and no matter what happens I appreciate your support :hugs:

Sending positive thoughts your way today! Hang in there.

Girls, the babies were fine!!!! I am so relieved! I have to keep an eye on the spotting situation and try to take it easy but otherwise I can at least sleep tonight! :happydance: Thank you so much for your encouragement :hugs:

Girls, the babies were fine!!!! I am so relieved! I have to keep an eye on the spotting situation and try to take it easy but otherwise I can at least sleep tonight! :happydance: Thank you so much for your encouragement :hugs:

OMG!! TY :) I have been stalking you to see if you came online.. SOOO Glad everythings ok.

Even though it's VERY COMMON it's always scary.

Like I said I had it multiple times so far so remaining calm is the best thing you can do :)

And I am so type A it is impossible for me to remain calm, like ever! Lol...

Phew! So glad to hear everything is Ok. Go extra easy on yourself for the next few days. I can totally relate to the type A thing. I managed to get myself worked up and in tears a couple days ago thinking something was wrong too. :hugs:

I have to complain for just one second... I felt like I had skated by through most of this pregnancy with the exception of having to have the cerlage.. But my god in the last week I have became so uncomfortable! I cant sleep either because of RLS or just wide awake with preggo insomnia and I sure as hell cant eat much because after a bite or 2 I am so full I feel like I am going to die! The overall lack of being able to even sit comfortably is completely wearing me down :(

I know I get to hold the babies soon but this is taking a toll on me right now.

Brandy, it's funny you should mention pregnancy insomnia because I have it bad! I'm actually writing this and it's 5am! Lol... Do you sleep with a boppy? My girlfriend bought me one and it helps.

Can I ask an unrelated question? Were you ever prescribed low dose aspirin during ivf? I'm on it and supposed to stay on it until the 13th week but now that I'm bleeding, I'm thinking of taking myself off it early. Any thoughts?

:hug: Brandy! That sounds really sucky. I was at my prenatal class for multiples earlier this week and all the ladies are a lot further along than me... Just seeing how uncomfortable everyone was really hit home how it's going to get for me in a few weeks. I've had insomnia the whole pregnancy too. So brutal.

Hmommy - Not to substitute doctor's advice, but I think I would go off the aspirin if I were you. I never had to take that. Did they prescribe it to you for a certain reason, or do they tell all there patients to take it?

You know, I agree.... my gut is just telling me not to take it...my IVF doctor puts every woman in the late-30s and up category on it for some reason. But my thought is, it's a blood thinner, and might just be making matters worse. I'll go off it for now, and I'm seeing my high risk Doc on Monday so I'll check in with him too.

Brandy, it's funny you should mention pregnancy insomnia because I have it bad! I'm actually writing this and it's 5am! Lol... Do you sleep with a boppy? My girlfriend bought me one and it helps.

Can I ask an unrelated question? Were you ever prescribed low dose aspirin during ivf? I'm on it and supposed to stay on it until the 13th week but now that I'm bleeding, I'm thinking of taking myself off it early. Any thoughts?

So glad everything is okay!

I had spotting and bleeding in first tri too, and was supposed to stay on aspirin for IVF until week 13 too - but after my spotting my doctor told me it will do more harm than good and had me discontinue it and just continue my estrogen and progesterone.

Brandy - I`m worried! I`m already so uncomfortable and can`t find room to put food, what`s going to happen as I get closer to your stage! Oh well, guess its worth it right? Hope you find some relief - I found that wearing a really good support belt with upper and lower belly support has really helped me these last few days in getting around. I'm still working but seriously doubting how much longer I can do it. I'm exhausted. I started to cry this morning because hubby usually gets our 1 year old dressed for daycare so that I can sleep a bit longer before getting ready for work but he has the stomach flu and was in the bathroom all morning so I had to get up to get everything ready for daycare and I reallllly needed that extra sleep!

I was up until 3am and then had to get up at 7am so I got 4 hours last night... with twins growing in you thats nowhere near enough :(

I have a body pillow and preggo pillow too and I can get comfortable but I lay there with my eyes wide open!

Plus my restless legs are so out of control sometimes I want to chop them off.

The aspirin can be for many reasons it aids in the implantation as well as helping with the circulation to the placenta for the baby.

I had spotting and bleeding in first tri too, and was supposed to stay on aspirin for IVF until week 13 too - but after my spotting my doctor told me it will do more harm than good and had me discontinue it and just continue my estrogen and progesterone.

Brandy - I`m worried! I`m already so uncomfortable and can`t find room to put food, what`s going to happen as I get closer to your stage! Oh well, guess its worth it right? Hope you find some relief - I found that wearing a really good support belt with upper and lower belly support has really helped me these last few days in getting around. I'm still working but seriously doubting how much longer I can do it. I'm exhausted. I started to cry this morning because hubby usually gets our 1 year old dressed for daycare so that I can sleep a bit longer before getting ready for work but he has the stomach flu and was in the bathroom all morning so I had to get up to get everything ready for daycare and I reallllly needed that extra sleep!

I left work at 20W due to cervical issues so I luckily am not having to deal with that. It's ironic though I went from them being down so low they were putting pressure on my cervix to they are both up in my ribcage! My lower tummy has gone flat lol. So when I eat or drink I am absolutely miserable. I walk around all day taking a bite here and a bite there to make sure I get enough to eat. I havent even gained 10lbs so I know that I should keep up on my diet to make sure I give them the nutrition they need.

Even after just 4 hours I feel better emotionally but when you're up all night and everyone is sleeping it takes a toll on you thats for sure.

I think the 3rd trimester is pay back since I never had morning sickness or any pregnancy symptoms in the 1st and 2nd Trimester...... Theres many far worse off than me so I really should not whine about it.

Brandy the book I have about being pregnant with twins says to drink meal replacement shakes when you get like that. Like Boost or Ensure. It's funny, they describe it just like that. I'm not sure I'd be into drinking those, but I was drinking protein smoothies with fruit+berries+spinach during my ivf cycle. I could see getting into drinking those again. Lot's of nutrition! :thumbup:

Brandy the book I have about being pregnant with twins says to drink meal replacement shakes when you get like that. Like Boost or Ensure. It's funny, they describe it just like that. I'm not sure I'd be into drinking those, but I was drinking protein smoothies with fruit+berries+spinach during my ivf cycle. I could see getting into drinking those again. Lot's of nutrition! :thumbup:

Actually I do. I am a health fanatic and have always used Protein shakes. I prefer the muscle milk so I usually have 2 of those during the day that I keep in the fridge and walk by now and then and take a sip. Yes, those go down fine but anything with any bulk feels like I just swallowed gravel and sits in my stomach and causes physical pain.

The doctors say what I figured they would say oh well nothing you can do but what you're doing. I am one of those people that need a solution for everything hah.. in this case the solution is not what I want... in time it will pass. I am an impatient person :dohh:

Oh good idea on the smoothies! I would hate to have to drink Boost gah but hubby keeps recommending them to me. I`m still down 8 lbs this pregnancy and can`t find the room or desire to eat :(

I have started up a nightly run to the new Fro Yo place that opened up near me though - that should help!

Oh good idea on the smoothies! I would hate to have to drink Boost gah but hubby keeps recommending them to me. I`m still down 8 lbs this pregnancy and can`t find the room or desire to eat :(

I have started up a nightly run to the new Fro Yo place that opened up near me though - that should help!

Just foods for thought..

Frozen yogurt and soft serve ice cream are on the no no list. The machines that they use to dispense it are a breeding ground for listeria. When you're PG you immune system is lowered and you are much more suseptable to listeria than the normal person.

D'oh! Now I'm craving fro yo! :dohh:

Sounds like you're doing all the right things B. What else can you do? :shrug: I heard once you drop you have more room for lungs and stomach but then you have to pee all the time bc everything's pressing on your bladder 24/7. Fun fun. I'm going to hate that when my stomach runs out of room. I'm a big {healthy} eater. I'm up almost 20 pounds already though lol! Eek!

Thank you for sharing your experience with aspirin...I didn't take mine today and don't plan on it until I see my doc on Monday. Sorry you're so uncomfortable. :(. I can't believe how huge us twin mommies get..I'm only 10 and 5 and am in maternity pants daily! Lol... I hope you are able to get some rest this afternoon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->