19 and about to start TTC...advice?!

Maybe baby

Reaction score
Hello there girlies...hope you and ure bumps are well...
so you may remember last month i thought i may be pregnant, unplanned after a month off the pill, however i got :bfp: in the end, however...myself and the OH ended up being a bit disappointed recently that i was infact not pregnant, and had adapted to the thought of a baby in our lives. i went on an oestrogen only pill this month, but am near the end and me and my OH have decided we would quite like to try for a baby.
i am 19 (yesterday) and he is 20 we are both studying at university (6 hours a week) october to march, but live together with friends...and really think we are ready, i work in a nursery, and him as a lifeguard so we are financally stable.
I understand if you think i am mad, or if you do not agree, but any support would be welcome. i have been told that as i have only had a months pill...it could take 1-12 months to get pregnant...but i will be stopping in 3 days to start trying after period
Thanks girls :hug:

There is lots to think about before you make this big decision.
How do you friends feel about a baby in the house? Whose house is it? How long have you been working at the nursery - will you get maternity pay? etc etc

Hi, I moved your thread because we try to keep the Teen pregnancy area free from TTC related topics.

I personally would not reccommend you to start TTC'ing while you're both still in uni. I'm in uni currently and it is very very hard with a baby.
Plus will you two be able to rent if you get pregnant? This is really a decision that you two should discuss with the people you live with since it will affect their lives too.

I personally would not reccommend you to start TTC'ing while you're both still in uni. I'm in uni currently and it is very very hard with a baby.
Plus will you two be able to rent if you get pregnant? This is really a decision that you two should discuss with the people you live with since it will affect their lives too.

I think like said above there are lots to think about. Have you any savings to help pay for a baby? how long have you on OH been together? How long do you have left at uni?

I would of loved to have had a baby with OH when i was at uni, but i wanted to finish my degree so i was a qualified teacher, so that we could save to buy a house. Even now we have bought a house i still dont feel ready as i want to save money to be able to buy my baby things and help pay bills when on maternity pay. Theres lots of different things to consider hun and at the end of the day its up to you on OH.
Will be here to support you what ever decision you make x:hugs:
=

how many years of uni do you have left??

There is no way I could have coped with courtney whilst studing at uni hun!! It would be so difficult!

I agree with the others about thinking about things like your living accommodation, possibly moving into your own place. 6 hours a week isnt very much at uni, you said October to March does that mean your not studying now? If not could you take a year out if you should fall pregnant?

I agree with the others. I would definately wait until you have both finished Uni and are living in a place of your own x

hi...my OH finishes this year...i have one more year...we have been together 3 years....i have worked at the nursery 3 and yes i would get 2 months maternirty pay. our friends are moving out at the end of the summer....and the property was my nans house, so i dont have rent to pay just bills. i have £1800 saved, i know its not a loIt but it would be a start for initial things. i party time study for my diploma. so i guess it is not as hectic as a full time degree, i apreciate that. I have not made this decision lightly, as i know a baby will be time and money consuming, and a lot of pressure and responsibility but i have given it a great deal of thought

Waiting another year or so would still be best. I know a few girls on here with babies who are studying and I am sure it is extremely difficult. I got pregnant while I was at university and I missed a lot of lectures and seminars due to pregnancy symptoms like nausea and tiredness. I couldn't physically drag myself out of bed most mornings. That's something else you need to think about.

Yes i do agree you have thought it through from what you have said but obviously there is a lot to consider. There are a lot of girls on here who have been part of BNB for a long time and can talk from there experiences and we are all here to help.
We are not here to judge you hun just give advise and support.

i dont get why everybody is being so negitive sounds to me you have thought it through and are ready and you only do 6hours a week at uni and by the time you concieve and have baby you would have finished uni, and your living situation seems fine to me as its your nans house and you will be a family unit as your friends are moving out. you sound alot more ready then some i would say go for it at the end of the day there is never really a good time to have a baby as anything can happen in the future.
and you are only young so can go straight back to work or even furthur your education if you wanted to after you have had the baby. good luck xx

I don't think anyone who has commented has been negative or judgemental. You came on here asking for advice and that is all we've given you. Nobody has said you shouldn't have a baby or that it's wrong. Just advised you to wait until you have finished your education and have got settled into a routine x

I am pregnant and at uni, I have absolutely terrible sickness which lasts all day everyday and I have coursework due tomorrow and haven't been able to start it because the only way I'm not sick is lying down, but I still feel too sick to do it. I have eaten and drunk next to nothing in the past few days. It's not just a matter of it being hard when the baby is here, you could have a really hard pregnancy, you'll miss a lot of uni and find it hard to catch up.

hi...my OH finishes this year...i have one more year...we have been together 3 years....i have worked at the nursery 3 and yes i would get 2 months maternirty pay. our friends are moving out at the end of the summer....and the property was my nans house, so i dont have rent to pay just bills. i have £1800 saved, i know its not a loIt but it would be a start for initial things. i party time study for my diploma. so i guess it is not as hectic as a full time degree, i apreciate that. I have not made this decision lightly, as i know a baby will be time and money consuming, and a lot of pressure and responsibility but i have given it a great deal of thought

Sounds like you have thought it all out hun, I really dont think your studying should stop you, after all you can take a year out. The only thing I wonder is you said you get 2 months maternity pay, did you mean 12 cos statutory maternity leave is now 9 months?

Its hard to give advise and help these days ay. No ones trying to be negetive just help, but like i said you have thought it though, its your decision.
Now you TTC maybe thread is not appropriate for WTT

yes hun sorru 12...missed the one out!! i also get 30% of my childcare there...which will be fab when i am studying...which there alre also gouvernment grants for whilst i am studying xx

going to swtich to TTC now as mind is made up :) xx thanks ladies for helpo

I am not in uni but plan on going back to school online sometime in the future and DH and I have been trying for a good while now to get pregnant. Only you know what you want or what you can handle, and best of luck.... :hugs:

*And, btw, I just recently turned 20, so not too much older than you, either. We have been trying since I was almost 19.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->