2/3/4dpo and going crazy already?!?!

Yay for ordering baby items. I love buying baby stuff I'm actually pretty sad that I don't have a whole list of things to buy. I went to target and babiesrus yesterday and didn't buy anything :( I'm going to a consignment event this weekend so maybe I'll find some cute clothes there cheap but I'll have to start buying bigger sizes because I think were pretty much set on 0-6 month stuff until we know if she'll be small or big.

I don't think you said for sure about Isabella zuri but I kind of figured that that would be it because it is such a nice name.

I'm 32+3 today. We took the tour of the hospital last night and it was fun but I didn't get to see any babies or any women in labor which I was kind of expecting. We did run into our high risk obgyn while we were there and he was so excited to see us still pregnant lol he said ok now I don't want to see you for another 7 weeks so take it easy lol

It's hard to believe it's already been more then 200 days since I found out I was pregnant

It is very surreal that a human is I side me lol we haven't registered for any classes they have all kinds you can sign up for but I don't think dh wants to be in a group setting. I don't know we still have some time. I'd like to take some kind of class but don't even know which one to take

i know its so exciting! i can't wait to move in so we can order the rest of her things and get the nursery sorted!! I'm getting a few things off my cousin so i can't wait to get them as well :D

have you got pictures of your nursery??? i love seeing them!!

my gosh 32 weeks!!! im 27+4 today, i can't believe we have such little time left!! i want to do a hospital tour, that reminds me i need to book that too! OH isn't too keen on doing the antenatal classes however there are 3 x 2 hour sessions so i think he'll do the last one, which is looking after a newborn! he doesn't have much practice with babies!

Here's some in progress pics for you. As you can see I'm living in a mess. Still trying to use the room as an office until I'm done with work and by then the weather should be cooler so I can move my office and all of her play toys upstairs.

I still need to wash her bedding before I can put it on and all of her clothes. And I still have her dresser to bring in the room but I'm thinking the changing table might need to go or there just won't be enough room for anything

Yes, there is not enough hours in the day right now and I'm exhausted. I had a little spat with my employer today and I finally got approval to take 12 weeks off if I want to so I have some time to think if I want to do that and right now with how exhausted I am I might just do that, when do you think you'll start your new job?

omg i am such an idiot! i didn't press send, it on my phone written!

her nursery looks beautiful! We, like you, will be using the room as dual purpose. we're going to have a daybed in there too, for feeding but also for guests when they come and stay!

how are you feeling?

i am so tired all the time, everything is such an effort! and i cannot stop eating!!!!

we move into our new house a week tomorrow :happydance:

I hate when that happens lol.

I'm feeling ok, I don't really like to stand for long periods of time. I haven't had any swelling in a while but just feel like I need to do anything I can to prevent it because the two times I did have swelling it was bad. I actually helped my friend move today. I didn't pick up anything heavy just did what I could and let her load up my SUV so she didn't have to make as many trips. Then dh wanted to go to the amusement park bc it's the last night before all the kids go back to school and I was pretty miserable walking around, it was humid out and I just could have done without it but of course dh kept seeing pregnant women and ppl with newborn babies so he thinks I should be able to go anywhere and do anything with a newborn so I had to set him straight alittle tonight lol. We did some shopping again for supplies for my hospital bag. I swear the more I cross off the list I could find 2 more things to add to it. Still need a camera ugh but other then that I'm pretty much set.

I'm 34 weeks this weekend and I was texting with a friend and she was telling me how miserable she was by thing point and I just couldn't relate to her. I kind of feel like this has been super easy so far and ever when my feet were swollen there was an easy resolution but I don't know I guess everyone's pregnancy is different. I hope the labor goes as well as the pregnancy has. I hope your feeling tired gets better, I usually find when I'm exhausted like that a couple days later I feel huge like if she's having a growth spurt or something but it def goes in waves for me and is manageable. I think I'm running on adrenaline right now, I'm beyond excited.

I ordered my breast pump this weekend and bought a nursing bra and some supplies. I'm going to attempt to exclusively pump/express and see how that goes. Your breast feeding right?

Oh how exciting to be moving so quickly. I bet your excited to get moved in and all set up. But do yourself a favor and don't over do it, I was pushing myself really hard the last couple weeks thinking I could get all this stuff done on my own without help and it's not worth it. The good thing about being pregnant while moving is that people will be more then willing to help so that's def good for you.

Sorry it's taken me a while to reply! We moved house last Monday and been unpacking and building furniture ever since! Luckily OH has been very good and I haven't lifted a finger, we did build the furniture together but that's only because I wanted to!

My swelling isn't too bad at the moment, thankfully but my feet do get a bit puffy by the end of the day but nothing too bad!

You are so close to due date, do you feel prepared? I can't believe I am 32 weeks this week! I can't wait to see pictures of your Sara (still her name?)

I had my first antenatal class last week which was good, met lots of people who are similar in gestation as me! And I had midwives on Friday and baby girl is 4/5 engaged and the midwife couldn't move her head!!

That's so good that you've had a relatively easy pregnancy, to deserve it after everything you've been through to get to this stage!!!

I've been tired and not nearly as tired as I thought I would be. Just at night I am tired whereas I used to have days where I was tired all day!

When do you go on maternity leave?

Yup I plan on breast feeding (hopefully I can?!) but I will also be expressing which means OH can do feeds as well, probably the last feed before bed which means I can get a few extra hours and I'll get up in the morning and give him a few extra hours! I'm a morning person and he's a late night person so works out okay!

Now everything is in the house, we can push forward and order the big things like cotbed and pram! I've held off until we moved! We've already got her changing table though because mothercare had an unbelievable offer. It was reduced from £250 to £99!!!

Congrats on the move. I bet your so happy to be in and getting settled. And so good your able to take it easy.

I feel very prepared. Just waiting for her to come now. We have very very few things yet to do and they might even be able to wait until she's here. Sarah is the top name as of right now, I think Charlotte and savannah have made the list as well but Sarah is still on top. Dh wants to see what she looks like and if it suits her first. Which I am fine with.

Wow 4/5 engaged is that good? Lol I haven't been checked like that yet. We go in tomorrow for a cervix check and a group b strep test so I'm excited to see if we are dilated/ engaged at all. We have a 3 day weekend vacation planned this sat sun Monday that I am looking forward and I'll be 37 weeks then so once we come home from that I will happy to welcome her anytime but if I go alittle late then I won't have to go back to work until the new year so I'm actually crossing my fingers she sits tight until after like October 8th lol

I plan on working for as long as I can up until I give birth so I can have more time off with her instead of wasting it waiting around for her to arrive.

Wow 32 weeks already that is awesome, time is just flying by right now. It's amazing. Oh and my sil just announced she's pregnant again. She's the one that miscarried last year so everyone is very excited for her. I'm not sure how far she is bc I haven't had a chance to talk to her yet but I'm hoping she's alittle farther along and that everything works out well for her.

Feel so much better about being in and can finally start getting everything ready for her to come! Got my baby showers soon. :) 20th and 21st September, one organised by my friends and one organised by my mum and her friend!

Those names are just beautiful! Can't wait to see her! Hopefully you'll post a picture :)

We get our fundal height checked every appointment and last week when she felt, she said that. It means she could feel 4/5 of her head and 1/5 is in the pelvis, hopefully she doesn't move and stays head down!

Hopefully she stays put until 8th October for you to make the most of it!!!

Enjoy your vacation! Last one without baby so make the most of it!

Working as long as possible would be ideal but don't over do it!! Make sure you have time to relax as well!

Aww I am so happy for your SIL, I hope she is well and it progresses as it should!

I'm doing well nothing exciting happening just yet. I feel good. No swelling, bp is good, I'm 1cm dilated and 50% effaced but baby isn't engaged yet. Doc says not to get too excited because I could hang out at this stage for awhile. We're ready tho getting excited now and getting everything in line. Got my grocery shopping done, laundry done and house is spotless. Baby is kicking like crazy. I joke with dh saying she's stuck now so she keeps kicking the same spot over and over lol

Were having weekly appts now so I just went today and dilation is still the same. Were going to try to go an do some maternity photos today. People are starting to comment on how big I am now lol I gained 5 lbs last week and 2 lbs this week so were up to a total gain of approx 14 lbs. doc is very happy about that.

I think I'm 38+3 today so we've moving right along. How about you? Are you getting settled into the new house?

I'm doing well nothing exciting happening just yet. I feel good. No swelling, bp is good, I'm 1cm dilated and 50% effaced but baby isn't engaged yet. Doc says not to get too excited because I could hang out at this stage for awhile. We're ready tho getting excited now and getting everything in line. Got my grocery shopping done, laundry done and house is spotless. Baby is kicking like crazy. I joke with dh saying she's stuck now so she keeps kicking the same spot over and over lol

Were having weekly appts now so I just went today and dilation is still the same. Were going to try to go an do some maternity photos today. People are starting to comment on how big I am now lol I gained 5 lbs last week and 2 lbs this week so were up to a total gain of approx 14 lbs. doc is very happy about that.

I think I'm 38+3 today so we've moving right along. How about you? Are you getting settled into the new house?

Brilliant news that everything is perfect at your end! And it seems to be heading in the right direction!!

Yeah weight gain is fantastic! I've gained loads in scared to weigh myself lol can't remember the last time I did! Oooo show your maternity shoot :)

I'm 34 weeks on Friday (that's scary lol!) and I'm good too, getting bigger by the day! I'll attach my latest bump picture shortly!

House is really good and the nursery is set up! Next job is to wash all her clothes which will be the weekend I think! My maternity
leave starts 6th October :D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 1
Aww so glad to hear all is well with you. Wow 34 weeks Friday, seems like it went fast now tho. Glad the house is good and so nice the nursery is set up. Makes it all very real doesn't it?

Aww I loved washing her clothes, there so little. I can't wait to pick out clothes for her to wear. And I'm excited most to see how much hair she has.

So jealous you get to start your maternity so early. I'm still working right now but they've done me a huge favor and hired a temp employee for when I'm out a month early so my job is much easier then it was just last month. I'm actually working as I type this but shhh don't tell anyone lol I'm going to work straight up until I go Into labor so I can spend all my 12 weeks with her once she's born instead of using some up before.

I'll post picks tonight, can't wait to see yours as well.

Aww lovely bump pic

Here is one of me at 37 weeks
image.jpg

And I might even have one for 38 let me look

And here's 38... Same shirt I'm running low on clothes that still fit me lol

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 1
Very real! We've actually got everything for her bar the car seat which should come tomorrow! I find myself going into the nursery just to look at it and all her clothes and have a sneaky play with the pram (I love it!)

I'm also so excited to see what her hair is like... Her daddy has black Afro hair so we're excited to see how much she has!

I still cannot believe you only get 12 weeks off! That is crazy! Yeah I'm taking mine early because we get 1 year but also because I start a new job after so I actually get 1 year from when she is born (only 39 weeks paid though)

Did you see my bump picture?

You look fantastic for 38 weeks wow!!! You'll snap back to pre pregnancy weight with the click of fingers! Very jealous!

Oh yes, I saw your bump pic. It's lovely. Your so tiny to begin with so your tummy looks big lol while I'm heavy so it balances out. I do hope the weight does just melt off tho. They're checking my thyroid one last time too I can't help but wonder if those meds helped me to not gain as much.

I do the same thing. My office is in her nursery at the moment so I get to see her stuff all day and I do love it.

Lol at the Afro hair, that should be interested. I hope it's easy to manage and that oh can help you fix it up if it's not. It'll be interesting to see if it's straight or curly too. Dh's mom had red curly hair and my mom has dark curly hair and dh's dad has thick straight hair and my dad has thin blonde and so our baby could really have any type of hair lol one of my sisters kids is dark thick curly and the other is thin light blonde so it'll be a surprise.

Oh I know 12 weeks is not enough, I so wish I had a year and 39 weeks paid. Good lord...I wish. That would be so nice.

I hope I can Lose the weight quickly! It would be interesting to know if the thyroid meds meant you didn't put the weight on?!

It's so amazing isn't it, then in a few short weeks we'll both have daughters and be mummys!!

Genetics can be crazy, it's so interesting to see what they'll be like! Both my parents have dark hair and brown eyes but my brother and I both have blonde hair and blue eyes :/ we always joke we're adopted, my brother even asked for evidence lol and my mum showed him a bump picture when she was pregnant with him lol!

We don't get paid full pay though but enough to get by and worth taking the full year for!

Thyroid levels came back normal so maybe that is why I didn't gain so much weight, though it is creeping up on me now. Was afraid to step on the scale this past week because I just know it'll be high. I look and feel so much bigger then last week.

Genetics are crazy. It seems my mils genes are very strong in my dh's family because all of the grandkids looks like her. Luckily she's very pretty lol. And I look like my mom and my sister looks like my dad and my sisters oldest looks more like me that her and everyone always thinks she's my daughter and we have to correct them. It's funny really.

Yeah out of the 12 weeks I'll have off I'll only get paid for 4 weeks I think..,maybe 6 I'm not even 100% sure how it works.

I have my 39 week doc appt tomorrow morning. Getting excited. Some of the ladies in the October group who were due after me have any ready had there babies so it's getting real now. Out of everything I think I'm looking forward most to just being off of work for awhile, I need a break from it and what better way to spend my time then with a new baby. I just found out a close friend of mine will be adopting a newborn the girl giving her up is due nov 4th so well be new mommies together, so exciting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->