2013 rainbow babies

Congrats, Lucy! Your boys are BEAUTIFUL!!!

All is well here, 32 weeks, and aside from a moderate case of polyhydramnios, things are going fine.

OB isn't worried and I'm getting extra monitoring, so I'm feeling pretty good.

<3

LUCY!!! CONGRATS Mama. <3 so filled with joy for you! Gorgeous lovey baby boys. You rock.

As for me I heard the heartbeat for the first time today!!! Yep I waited soo long for this! I have chosen a midwife and she found the heartbeat with a doppler...160+ beats per minute. :)

So happy.

Glad to hear all is well with you Nimyra!

Congrats on hearing the heartbeat Earthmama! Wonderful isn't it :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL_vZWde3oE

My fussy twin Hamzah, Baby B :)

Thank you so so much everyone. I can't seem to post photos from the hospital, so I figure I'll post video instead. I really appreciate you being on this journey with us. I discharged last night and am rooming in one more day so I can be close to the NICU. The boys are doing really well and hopefully we can go home soon.

Nimyra and earthmama I'm glad things are going well for you both. Nimyra you've not got long left now but I bet it feels like ages for you. Earthmama I'm so glad you heard the heartbeat that's been a long time coming.

Lucy your little boy is gorgeous congratulations! I can't believe how healthy he looks considering everything, I hope they are both doing well although I'm sorry you can't take them home yet

Lucy! He's sooo sweet! Hopefully you'll all be home together soon!

polyhydramnios now severe and they are saying it is Gestational Diabetes... trying to get a handle on that. OB still doesn't seem worried... hope she's right! late March cannot come soon enough!

But, we are all set for this baby. Keep baby and me in your prayers. xoxo

Nimyra, I'm thinking of you so so much. Prayers and hugs <3

EarthMama-fantastic news!! I had been thinking of you last week! <3

George83-how are these first weeks going? Has there also been a big sense of relief that those worrisome pregnancy days are memories now?

Kasey84-you're so close!!! Sending hugs in these final days.

It's going well. I think one more week or two in the NICU. I tandem fed the boys today and held them together for the first time.

I've not logged on for a while, there's so much to catch up on.

Firstly, congratulations Lucylake on the birth of your beautiful boys. I hope you are all well and your NICU stay is short.

Earth mama glad you've got to hear the heartbeat. It's such a relief when you make these milestones.

Nimyra, thinking of you and your baby. :hugs:

Good luck to anyone due soon.

omg...Nimyra you're almost due!! Wow, that's awesome! How are things going?

How is everyone else doing?

I am having A LOT of movement now, at last! I actually felt strong kicks/bops from the outside tonight with my hand. <3 :)

Earthmama- it's so exciting to feel those kicks :) glad all is well!!

I'm 34 weeks tomorrow. Still hard to believe that I'll have a baby in my arms in about 6 weeks! I'm starting to feel quite uncomfortable now, but so excited :)

Still here... still hanging in there.

Polyhydramnios (excess amniotic fluid) still pretty bad (AFI 36 yikes!), but Gestational Diabetes seems to be under control. Failed a NST this week, but then they said I was fine after more monitoring.

I'm still a nervous wreck and 39 weeks cannot get here fast enough! BUT, I'm 36 weeks now and my OB thinks I'll go into labor before 39 weeks... next week sounds good to me. Here's hoping baby gets here soon and in good health!

Hi everyone how are you all doing?

Earthmama I hope everything is still going well? I loved the excitement if feeling kicks with my first lo, it was strange with my rainbow though i felt I was constantly trying to remember the last time I'd felt anything, I hope your feeling much more relaxed though.

Kasey and nimyra I can't believe how close you both are, I hope your coping ok and taking it easy. Nimyra it sounds like you'd having a tough time of it :hugs:

Lucy are your two gorgeous boys home from hospital yet? I hope it's not been to stressful for you?

Raggydoll and miniegg - I hope everybody else is doing well and all those precious rainbows are doing well too x x

Update!

My rainbow baby arrived on Sunday at 36 weeks + 2 days. Waters broke at home at 4am and I had an uncomplicated vaginal childbirth (with a little help from an epidural) at 9:42am.

I was worried sick the whole way to the hospital that the polyhydramnios would cause a cord accident, but everything was absolutely fine with my little bean. She weighed 7lbs 2oz at birth, 19.5 inches long and is the picture of health. The nurses couldn't believe that she was really 36 weeks, but my 3 year old looked the same (also born at 36+2 weeks!) so I think I just make big babies.

My new little girl, Sunny, is beautiful and I am deeply in love. I am so grateful for all the love and support you all have provided. I really didn't believe I would make it here to the end and have this blessing, but we made it.

With love and hope <3

Nimyra- Congrats!! I'm so glad to hear the news of your little girls safe arrival :) Hope you and baby are doing well <3

Wow nimyra congratulations!!! I'm so glad everything went well and you've got your precious little one! That's a really good weight considering how early she is. Have you had to stay in hospital or have you been allowed home?

We are home now. Will visit our dr to follow up this afternoon.

OH NIMYRA!! I am so so happy for you! Sounds like a quick birth too, perfect. <3 enjoy your new princess!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->