2014 June Rainbows

Hope you all are well! Found out yesterday via Harmony test that I'm expecting a girl. I'm shocked to say the least. I was expecting and hoping for another boy. Guess I have 5 months to get used to it lol

Hope you all are well! Found out yesterday via Harmony test that I'm expecting a girl. I'm shocked to say the least. I was expecting and hoping for another boy. Guess I have 5 months to get used to it lol

Congratulations despite that a girl was not what you expected. Will google to learn something about the harmony test. As for me, it does not matter whether boy or girl since it is my first baby after 4 losses. Am 17 weeks from Monday and just praying for a healthy bouncy baby.

I find out Friday what our little bundle is!!! I can't wait!!!

So excited to see some sexes! Still staying on team yellow here. I am with you Ushindi - after two losses I just want a healthy baby but I keep feeling like this is a girl. Won't I be surprised if I am wrong!

Hope everyone is having a great holiday season!

Where's everyone gone? Hope the holiday season has been fun for everyone :)

pinkpassion - congrats on being team :pink:!

AFM - I'm feeling real, strong kicks :happydance: . Crazy, huh??? Baby's doing well at 16 weeks, had the most gorgeous scan (really was to check my cervix etc. due to cramps, thank goodness everything's fine) and saw baby's little profile - the tiniest cutest nose and sticky out lips :cloud9:

How precious!!!! I'm glad baby is doing so well!!

I've been doing well, really feeling a lot of movement from our little girl!!! No strong kicks yet, but that's ok!!!! I can't wait until hubby can feel it!! I think he feels left out because I'll say oohhh she's moving and he'll put his hand on my belly even though I tell him he probably won't be able to feel it yet!!
We've pretty much picked out the name Hannah!! Which is exciting and we are working on the nursery this week, getting it organized!! It's all so fun and exciting!! Can't wait for my 20 week scan!!!

Ella, lovely to hear about your good scan results. Its amazing seeing the progression of bub from little blob to having facial features. Movements are so exciting, I felt my first on new years eve, and its been wiggling around today too. I love it!

Pinkpassion, I love the name Hannah, its beautiful.
We were lucky enough to be given a whole nursery worth of furniture by a family member yesterday so we will be getting our nursery in order very soon too. Good luck getting set up!

Happy New Year ladies. Glad everyone is doing well.

Not feeling much movement here. Just some occasional bubbles and had a few kicks about 1 week ago. Had a doc's appointment yesterday though and heartbeat is strong and happy. My 20 week scan is scheduled for the 15th!!! Can't wait!

We won't be able to set up our nursery until after the baby is here as we recently finished a remodel and need to put a lot of things in storage instead of the to-be nursery. It's possible that we are going to put our house on the market in the next few weeks as well with the hope of buying something a little bigger. Probably not the best time to plan this but the market seems right.. now...

Luckily we would only have to move a few blocks so it would be fairly easy, as far as a move goes.

Pink passion - congrats on being team pink and I love the name Hannah!

Thank you all!!! It's exciting getting everything in order and done!!! Our nursery is coming together!! I can't wait to start getting more so I can take pics !!! Baby things are so expensive though!!! O man, I was looking at baby hangers today and they are ridiculously priced... anyone got any ideas on how to get some cheaper? I'm going to keep an eye on the newspaper classifieds for some.

Also... forgot to mention...
We are going to be cloth diapering!! I made 140 cloth wipes today!! I'm so excited!!!.here's a pic!!

Attachments

• 2014-01-03 19.18.10.jpg
    2014-01-03 19.18.10.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 4
Happy new year everyone! Hope you are all well.

So glad everything is coming together for you pinkpassion. You sound very organised. Our nursery is already set up as it is currently our 12 month olds room. We will move her eventually into another room but it needs painted and reorganised first. I assume you mean coat hangers for baby clothes? I bought a packet when pregnant last time but to be honest we have hundreds now as most shops give the hangers with the clothes if you want them. I wouldn't buy hangers again.

I've just started feeling some movements. I'm now 17+4 weeks with my 20 week scan booked for 23 jan. we still haven't decided if we want to find out if its a boy or girl. DH does and I don't so one of us is going to have to give in!! We didn't last time and I liked the surprise. Watch this space!! Xx

Haven't been on for a while but it looks like everyone is doing well.

Any other updates ladies?

AFM - been feeling more movement this week. Little peanut was quite busy while I was at work yesterday. It still feels like bubbles more than specific kicks or punches but I love it either way.

DH and I decided we may try a turn and burn on our house. It's really small and some bigger houses on the market have come down in price. Luckily, places like ours are actually still selling high. So, we will most likely put it on the market for 2 or 3 months to see if we get any hits. If we do, there are a few houses we like that could buy, we got our down payment ready and got pre-approved for a loan. We also got a storage until to get rid of the clutter in our place to make it more presentable. It's a long, long, long shot but, fingers crossed!

That's really great wonder!!!!

I've been good.. I had my flu shot on Monday, and my routine check up today and I had my ob look at my arm where I got the flu shot.. it became red and puffy yesterday and has gotten worse today and now has shooting pains into my shoulder... so anyway my Dr checked it out and turns out it's infected : /... she has prescribed me antibiotics but I'm quite hesitant to take them, although I don't want to leave it to get worse... so now I don't know what to do!!! I feel fine other than my arm/shoulder hurts... anyway, Maybe I'll try to ice the site and my shoulder and see if I can boost my immune system a little and give it a day!!

Otherwise I'm just trying to get things done.. we've got our 20 week ultrasound scheduled for January 31st... just three weeks Away!!!!

how is everyone else?

Hey ladies,

Haven't been on for a while. I've felt movements the last couple of days, well actually they feel more like tiny little spasms way in the distance in my tummy but they're only really there in the mornings and in the night if I wake, so going to assume it's baby for now. Have my 20 week scan next week, convinced hubby to stay team yellow, so no gender reveal for us. Is everyone else finding out?? xxxx

I've got my anomaly scan scheduled for Monday! I'll be 18+4 then. Hoping that baby will cooperate and we'll be able to find out gender :) So far I haven't felt any flutters or movements :? not for lack of trying...I lay down super still and try and concentrate on whether or not anythings going on but so far the only thing I've felt is some little pulsing pinching pains way down low and I think that's just uterus stretching, not so much baby moving, then again, I've never done this before so not totally sure what to look out for lol

I've got my anomaly scan scheduled for Monday! I'll be 18+4 then. Hoping that baby will cooperate and we'll be able to find out gender :) So far I haven't felt any flutters or movements :? not for lack of trying...I lay down super still and try and concentrate on whether or not anythings going on but so far the only thing I've felt is some little pulsing pinching pains way down low and I think that's just uterus stretching, not so much baby moving, then again, I've never done this before so not totally sure what to look out for lol

I only really felt them more regularly so could say it was movements the last few days and normally when I'm lying down really still, so you might feel something real soon :thumbup:. It's so exciting!! xx

asmcsm - I have found that I feel movement the most when I am sitting up so there is some pressure on my abdomen. I am sure you will start feeling a lot more soon.

Good luck to all those having scans!!

My 20 week scan will be on Wed when I will be exactly 20 weeks. Can't believe how fast this pregnancy is going!

I've been feeling tons of movement the past week or two and this morning my DH felt the baby kick! It was amazing and since it's his birthday, it was also great timing.

Remaining team yellow as long as the baby doesn't accidentally show us anything on Wed. Since I know how to read ultrasounds I am hoping that the doctor is really careful about telling me when to look away....

Thanks for the tip ItsAWonder! I'm still not feeling anything! lol

Scan in 2 hours woohoo!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"