2014 June Rainbows

Ushindi, I know... I really want to go all out, can't wait until my bump grows and grows... although no one knows yet so it's still on the dl lol... also I'm curious what does your name mean? I like your avatar pic!!

Hello Pinkpasion
My names means "Victory" in Kiswahili language spoken widely in Eastern Africa. They say look for a unique name and I ran out of ideas in English.

Hello ladies
I have been sharing good news all along but yesterday (Sunday), I had a scare. I have been on pelvic rest after BFP until yesterday Sunday when DH and I had sex. I went on with my activities but in the evening, I noticed a streak of red blood in the tissue. I wiped until there was no more. I waited an hour,went to pee and there was no more blood. I waited three hours into late night and still no more blood. This morning (Monday), no blood. But am at the doctors waiting to consult.. Any idea what this could be?

It may just be irritation to the cervix... I'll be praying for good news!!!

And.. I really like your user name and the meaning!! Are you from Africa if you don't mind me asking?

Ushindi - Wishing you the best.

Many things can break capillaries in the cervix and it's nothing to worry about. Sex, driving on bumpy dirt roads, exercise etc. can increase blood flow to the cervix and/or irritate the cells causing physically harmless bleeding (not so harmless mentally.) I hope this is all that is happening to you.

Probably nothing to worry about, Ushindi. Probably just irritated your cervix. But good that they're seeing you anyway.

I saw my baby's heartbeat on Friday. :) it was so wonderful and lessened my anxiety sooo much!! Now waiting for a call back to schedule a perinatology consult and scan. :coffee:

Thinking of you Ushindi, hope it's just irritation like everyone says!

Dear Ladies
Thank you very much for your kind and encouraging words. This experience of loss has made all of you very knowledgeable on this matters. Maybe so you can be of help to others. You were right and it was an irritation of the cervix. I heard the hearbeat loud and clear with the doctors doppler..(169-170hbp)

However, the doctor was worried about the mild cramping I have been getting especially combined with the bleed. So am still on progesteron for the next two weeks.

ushindi- guess I did not realize that you were on progesterone to. i take 200mg 3x a day. i am taking my through week 13 so i am done a week from Saturday yay!

afm had a scare and ended up in er last night. i have a nasty sinus infection and was put on antibiotics yesterday. well i took it went to sleep and work up 5 hours later in a cold sweat and nauseas enough to puke and head pounding. i went to er bc i was not sure what was going on and in the end i was my bp was high, 166/91, did blood work got fluids and in the end bp is up bc i am sick, at least they hope, so came home to rest and fluids. hopefully work understands me calling in again bc honestly when it comes down to it baby comes before my job they can fire me if they want to!

glad to see so many good scans and hb on hear always nice to hear!!!!

i personally cant wait to gender scan in about 6-7weeks so i can start shopping!!!!

Ushindi - I am glad to see that things went fairly well. Although resting is tough when we still need to live our lives, I do hope you are able to take some time off of your feet to relax.

Krissy - sorry you are so sick. Hope this passes quickly as well. As far as work goes, you are right, your baby is much more important than your job. It would be very arrogant of your boss to fire you for illness.

ushindi- guess I did not realize that you were on progesterone to. i take 200mg 3x a day. i am taking my through week 13 so i am done a week from Saturday yay!

afm had a scare and ended up in er last night. i have a nasty sinus infection and was put on antibiotics yesterday. well i took it went to sleep and work up 5 hours later in a cold sweat and nauseas enough to puke and head pounding. i went to er bc i was not sure what was going on and in the end i was my bp was high, 166/91, did blood work got fluids and in the end bp is up bc i am sick, at least they hope, so came home to rest and fluids. hopefully work understands me calling in again bc honestly when it comes down to it baby comes before my job they can fire me if they want to!

glad to see so many good scans and hb on hear always nice to hear!!!!

i personally cant wait to gender scan in about 6-7weeks so i can start shopping!!!!

So sorry about your sickness Krissy. Praying that you get well soon. Of course our babies come first - even though our jobs are also important since they help us support our babies.

For me this is my very first baby even though it is my fifth pregnancy so cant wait to shop also.

Krissy - I hope you feel better soon!

I'm also on progesterone. I stopped at 10 weeks, but have been having contractions of some sort, so they put me back on it for the time being. I'm taking 200mg 2x a day. Ushindi - are you taking the progesterone vaginally? If so, it's very possible the irritation is from the progesterone. I've heard that's quite common.

Krissy - I hope you feel better soon!

I'm also on progesterone. I stopped at 10 weeks, but have been having contractions of some sort, so they put me back on it for the time being. I'm taking 200mg 2x a day. Ushindi - are you taking the progesterone vaginally? If so, it's very possible the irritation is from the progesterone. I've heard that's quite common.

Ella Hopeful - I took progesterone vaginally upto beginning of week 14 (3 Dec). I was taking big dose - 3 X 400mg daily. Due to the mild cramps I have been experiencing and the scare from the bleed, I am now taking progesterone tablets twice daily for the next two weeks. The vaginal progesterone could also have caused some irritation because the last day of use, I really struggled to push it in. I think I was tired of it and would get tense when its time to insert.

Happy to report that I have started my vacation. Yay!! I report back to work on 6 Jan 2014 - the day am supposed to see the doctor for my next appointment. Doctor advised and repeated that I should stay put and not travel. Am happy to relax and put my feet up for movie marathons, and good books. Would appreciate if anyone recommends any good book on pregnancy and childbirth and also on raising newborns.

On another different note, I suspect am feeling baby movement. I have tried to read the internet on how this feels and comparing to what am feeling. I am plus size with anterior placenta so did not expect it this soon so I am ignoring the feeling until I feel movement I cannot mistake. I am 15 weeks 2 days by LMP but latest measurements from scan put me at 16 weeks and 2 days with a due date shifting to 26 May. I cant believe I have had this favor after 4 recurrent miscarriages. I am not taking it for granted and feel humbled to the point of crying.

Wow Ushindi, a long holiday and feeling the baby move, what a lovely time for you! It is such lovely news :flower:

I'm so glad everything is going ok for you now Ushindi. Bleeding is scary but often it means nothing. Amazing to have felt movements already. I think I was about 17 weeks when I did with my first. It was like little squirmy tickles deep inside. I'm hoping that maybe round about Christmas I might feel this little one. I hope you enjoy your holiday. I can suggest "What to expect when you're expecting" as a good pregnancy book. I never had a baby advice book other than the free nhs ready steady baby one so no suggestions there. Antenatal classes were what I found most useful. Do they have them easily accessible where you are based? Xx

Got back from my scan, everything doing okay :) Baby measuring 13w6d.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->