• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

2014 March Rainbows

Good luck hippie!

Tricia our 6+5 was great, thanks :flower: Bub measured 6+4 with a heartbeat of 122.

Had a bit of a scare at 8 weeks with pink and blood streaked mucus for a day or two, but scan showed bub still there blipping away.

So glad to hear everything is looking good!

We are really excited about twins....though it is a bit scary lol

Can't quite believe I'm here,, we lost our baby in April at 13.6 weeks to a cystic hygroma. We still don't have the autopsy so I'm panicking like mad. Our last baby was an ivf and this was natural so you can imagine the surprise ..... I just need to see that nt measurement so I can relax I think I'm about 7 weeks now

Hi & Welcome

I can't believe I am here either. I lost my baby at 16 weeks in May to Triploidy and he was conceived through IUI. Was all set to start IVF in August & got a :bfp: naturally.

I too am waiting for the 12 week screening as that's where it became apparent last time that all was not well.

Good luck to you {hugs}

My morning sickness hasn't eased at all really. I had a good day yesterday and I wasn't half as nausous but it scared the hell out of me, but back to full force today. I can't keep my folic acid down so having to switch to a liquid forum. Fried chicken has been the only food I seem to want to eat also :S

Hope your all doing ok

Fried chicken sounds good though :winkwink:

Are you feeling any better now? Have you tried ginger?

I had my first experience of proper nausea today :sick: yukkkk x

My morning sickness hasn't eased at all really. I had a good day yesterday and I wasn't half as nausous but it scared the hell out of me, but back to full force today. I can't keep my folic acid down so having to switch to a liquid forum. Fried chicken has been the only food I seem to want to eat also :S

Hope your all doing ok

Fried chicken sounds good though :winkwink:

Are you feeling any better now? Have you tried ginger?

I had my first experience of proper nausea today :sick: yukkkk x

I find sucking on boiled sweets or constantly eating helps! Its picked up today and yesterday afternoon.

I'm sorry your feeling bad also :(

So Im in the ER right now because I had the smallest brown spot you've ever seen.

They did two scans and found that

Baby A Hb: 147
Baby B Hb: 119

Hgc: 13,313

Twins! But, for the moment they share my sac. They are measuring 6:1 and 6:0, so a match for my 6/16 last period.

Very, very nervous due to the spot which they think is them trying to form their own sac/placenta...and terrified about the same sac deal. But, I'm cautiously thrilled.

Tricia173: in total shock right now. Feeling everything you felt...she told me that if she hasn't spent 45 min on the vaginal u/s, she wouldn't have found baby b today.

We don't know if they're fraternal or identical, just that one is 6:0 and other is 6:1. So possibly fraternal with two separate sperm/intercourse events which makes sense with my chart, but then again they share a sac and can't make out a separation membrane so who knows, maybe identical.

Lucylake, congratulations first!

If they share a sac they are 100% identical.

Whether they find a membrane or not will determine just how high risk your pregnancy will be. No separating membrane will be a mo/mo (monochorionic/monoamniotic - one placenta/one sac) pregnancy which is extremely high risk for cord entanglement and WILL result in early delivery to avoid this - they usually aim for 30-34 weeks.
If they find a membrane (which I pray they do) they are mo/di - monochorionic/diamniotic - one placenta/two sacs (inside one big sac). Both need to be monitored for TTTS so ensure you have great care. My boys were mo/di and it can be scary.

Lucylake, congratulations first!

If they share a sac they are 100% identical.

Whether they find a membrane or not will determine just how high risk your pregnancy will be. No separating membrane will be a mo/mo (monochorionic/monoamniotic - one placenta/one sac) pregnancy which is extremely high risk for cord entanglement and WILL result in early delivery to avoid this - they usually aim for 30-34 weeks.
If they find a membrane (which I pray they do) they are mo/di - monochorionic/diamniotic - one placenta/two sacs (inside one big sac). Both need to be monitored for TTTS so ensure you have great care. My boys were mo/di and it can be scary.

Twinmummy06, thank you so much for your congrats and quick answer!! <3 It REALLY scared me when she said they're in the same sac with no visible membrane separation just yet. I'm SO trying to remind myself that it's early (just 6w1), I have the tilted uterus making it hard to find them to begin with, and she did feel confident they'd see separation at 8 week/4 scan. But, OMG, this is frightening. I will pray every night they are mo-di like yours!! <3 The ER also told me to consider this high risk due to the brown spot and possibly switch OB's as mine didn't even want to do hgc levels or have the first post/MC scan until 8-4. <3

huge hugs and thank you!!! <3

Try not to stress yet (I know, I know :haha:) I know it sounds scary but take comfort in that mo/mo pregnancies account for like 1% of identical pregnancies, so the risk is very low. They didn't find our membrane until the 12 week scan - some people find out even later as it can be hard to find it.

You need to be confident in your OB - sharing a placenta means you will need lots of care and specifically at least fortnight ultrasounds from the second tri. I'm part of a wonderful Facebook group full of heaps if information about mo/di twins and sign to watch for later. If you would like the link just pm me. They do have a sister group for mo/mo to but let hope you don't have to go there :hugs:

So Im in the ER right now because I had the smallest brown spot you've ever seen.

They did two scans and found that

Baby A Hb: 147
Baby B Hb: 119

Hgc: 13,313

Twins! But, for the moment they share my sac. They are measuring 6:1 and 6:0, so a match for my 6/16 last period.

Very, very nervous due to the spot which they think is them trying to form their own sac/placenta...and terrified about the same sac deal. But, I'm cautiously thrilled.

Tricia173: in total shock right now. Feeling everything you felt...she told me that if she hasn't spent 45 min on the vaginal u/s, she wouldn't have found baby b today.

We don't know if they're fraternal or identical, just that one is 6:0 and other is 6:1. So possibly fraternal with two separate sperm/intercourse events which makes sense with my chart, but then again they share a sac and can't make out a separation membrane so who knows, maybe identical.

Twin! Very exciting! They completely missed my second baby at the 6 week ultrasound, luckily they found baby b at 8 weeks.

Hopefully they find that membrane! Here's to a healthy pregnancy!

Had another ultrasound today and baby b didn't make it, I am trying to just be grateful baby a is doing well but I am heartbroken! :cry:

Awww.....Tricia173 huge hugs. I can understand the emotions you must be feeling right now. I'm so sorry for your loss and always here if you want to talk <3 :hugs: :hug:

Try not to stress yet (I know, I know :haha:) I know it sounds scary but take comfort in that mo/mo pregnancies account for like 1% of identical pregnancies, so the risk is very low. They didn't find our membrane until the 12 week scan - some people find out even later as it can be hard to find it.

You need to be confident in your OB - sharing a placenta means you will need lots of care and specifically at least fortnight ultrasounds from the second tri. I'm part of a wonderful Facebook group full of heaps if information about mo/di twins and sign to watch for later. If you would like the link just pm me. They do have a sister group for mo/mo to but let hope you don't have to go there :hugs:

You have been a breath of fresh air TwinMummy and your insight really put me at ease today. <3. I think you also helped me realize just how high risk identicals really are. I get the feeling that clear separate sacs with fraternals are visible earlier. Thanks to your insight, I called my OB right away today. She was off, but actually got back to my nurse by email asking me to come on Friday 8/2. Then I got scared at how quickly they got back to me that they really think the spot yesterday/scan without membrane is serious. :cry: I relayed some concerns about getting proper nutrition and about the membrane, apparently they will talk to me Friday about getting a perinatologist. They're waiting for the ER to send them the photos, I'm still hoping to get one. The babies sit diagonally from one another right now, one in the upper left, one to the lower right. For the moment, it DOES look a lot like a mono-mono scan at the same stage, this one specifically, except they're further apart and more diagonal than this:

https://www.twin-pregnancy-and-beyond.com/images/identical-twins-6-weeks-ultrasound-21593713.jpg

What you said about seeing a divide at 12 weeks really helped. <3

If I get the perinatologist, it might be the best thing that ever happened to me. My doctor Diana Weihs is highly rated for high risk, my BFF had a within 15 minutes emergency c-section cord around neck birth with her and then a VBAC with number 2. But, her sonographer is the very worst!!!! And I hate scanning with her and would just as soon go to the ER rather than deal again!

Really hopeful they can help me if there are complications like TTTS and Trap.

Thank you so much, I would love to join the FB group. <3 I hope your pregnancy is going well, I'm starting to understand how terrifying your mono-di pregnancy must have been <3

It is very easy to see the difference in fraternals early as they are definite separate sacs. If you just take a google at U/S pics for fraternal twins and shared placenta identicals- you will see the difference.
I hope they get you the perinatologist, it will be very worthwhile. The membrane can be very tricky to find as some can be thin and sneaky, so it might take a good while of looking to find it. But chances are on your side its there :hugs:

I will message you the FB link - there is heaps of helpful information in there (including what kind of care you will need to expect/demand, info on TTTS and TAPS and signs that you can watch for to help catch it in time) and then a link to specifically mo/di pregnant women which I'm sure will be even more help to you again.

Thanks again TwinMummy06. <3 I took a look at some scans and you are so right...we're talking about a thick, thick line with fraternals and mine is very similar to the link I added there.

I also felt pretty strongly that it was me and not my husband's sperm because of my addiction to yams (I thought I was just working on my luteal phase when I plastered them on salads, made pies, and ate them drenched in olive oil for the last 4 months up until ovulation.) Also, my age and the fact that I had numerous peak opk's in one cycle and so on. Definitely felt it would be more likely to be identicals. We have NO twins in our family at all on either side so it sounds more like a chance situation than genetic as fraternals can often be.

Thank you for offering me the link <3 I'm so grateful and had no clue this kind of support even existed. I'm starting to see that the stats ARE on your side in a case like this, but that the chance of di-di is lower :( :( than mono-di. She could not see two placentas either just yet...

Thank you so much, so grateful to you!! <3 <3 <3 <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"