2014 March Rainbows

Today has been a rough day in general but to top it off today marks 2 years since we lost my angel :) can it be tomorrow yet....

Sorry to hear that Tricia! Hope you are doing okay. The anniversaries are never good, but you have a little one on the way and unfortunately I think the losses really make you appreciate this so much more!!

There hasn't been much chatter here lately? How is everyone feeling?

Big hugs Tricia, my angels 1st birthday would have been this month :hugs:

Staysea - I know! I lost this thread because of the lack of convo :dohh: how is everybody? I hope your all ok!

:D so I'm so happy everyday, carrying my rainbow really has turned me into a happy go lucky person. He's so active, I love him so much already. We're thinking of a turtle theme for his nursery & we're between two names at the moment - Oscar or Finley, Finley is favourite at the moment!
Not much else to update, can't wait to be viable in the next few days!! :thumbup:

Hi girls! Yes, it's been a quiet thread! I'm doing well. Had an echocardiogram today at the high risk doctor for our little Peach. Everything is looking good and she was super active during our appointment.

We had to move this past weekend, ugh. In with DHs parents for a couple more weeks until our new house is done. Bad timing on our part with the sale of the house we were staying at. It was awful. So ready to finally be settled.

How is everyone else doing? Is anyone keeping a list of due dates and gender?

Amy: I prefer Oscar, purely as I prefer less common names and know a ton of Finleys through DS. As for this ones name, I'm honestly at a loss. There are a few maybes but nothing that jumps out at me.

Beachchich: Glad everything went fine at your appointment. I bet your excited to move into your new house, even though your having a temporary pit stop else where!

I guess as people reach their v-days its making it all that more real. Mines today, so it feels great to know that chances of actually bringing a baby home has increased. I'm still worried something will go wrong though. Does anyone else feel like this?

BeachChica - I'm glad your apt went well! Its great your finally feeling settled :) I'm not sure whos keeping track :shrug: maybe we should pm the girl who started the thread..

Mummy2o - Thank you, we know neither Finley isn't too common down here and we like the choice of being able to shorten it but we've got plenty of time to definitely decide yet.
I know what you mean, I still feel the same! As if its too good to be true and I'm "waiting" for something to happen :dohh: I've worried myself to tears over so many silly thing. When will we be able to relax?! I think the whole of motherhood is just one big worry lol..
Happy V day lovely!! :)

Happy VDay Mummy!
We are thinking about names too, have a couple names in mind but nothing for sure! It's so hard!

How is everyone feeling? I am assuming everyone has started feeling movement in there? I wasn't sure at first but I think I really started to notice them at 20 weeks. We have been crazy busy with our move but planning to get out on our boat this weekend for a relaxing trip away.

I'm actually feeling great! Howre you?
I've been feeling movement since 15 weeks but can proper see him rolling, kicking and I can feel him kick when I'm stood up too. Its amazing isn't it?

Hope you get your trip away!

The idea of viability doesn't reassure me much tbh. I know my son was 'viable', but he still didn't come home with us. I don't think I'll really relax until this one arrives safely. Day to day I'm not too bad, but I'm certainly anxious about the delivery!

I've got an anterior placenta this time, which really cushioned the movements until about 22 weeks. I can finally feel regular bumps and kicks now, which is lovely :) although they're mostly jabbing right into my cervix, which is not so lovely!

I have an anterior placenta too, but it depends where its located as to whether it cushions movement. Luckily mine didn't. I do get a lot of cervix stomps though! :haha:

I don't have an anterior placenta, but I didn't start feeling her until 23 weeks. Not sure why. I guess its just luck of the draw. Her brother was beating me up from 16 weeks.

Patch: I understand. Do you think its because they let you go so long after your due date? You don't have to answer as I'm sure its a sensitive subject and I'm really sorry for a late loss. This is one of my concerns as DS was 42+2 and was induced 4 times and ended up with an EMCS so I'm not looking forward to the birth or going over due as I lost a lot of blood and was suppose to get a blood transfusion which I never did. Not only that when I got the call to go in, when I got to the hospital at 41+6 they claimed to have no record of me and why they phoned me -.- They let me stay though. Not using that hospital this time though.

I don't labour right. The same thing nearly happened with my first son, but I was just at the beginning of being induced at 42+1 - I'd been contracting at 42+0 in the hospital, they'd stopped and I was 4cm dilated, so I was sent home to see if things would start up again. They didn't, so we were back the next morning, when they broke my waters, which were very heavily meconium stained, and put a drip in, at which point his heart rate crashed and I was rushed to theatre.

During my second pregnancy, it was thought most likely that the breaking of my waters and the drip had been the cause of the heart rate crash and c-section, so we refused all interventions. And again, I went into labour at 42+0, went to hospital where they confirmed all was fine, went back home as the contractions weren't established enough for me to stay in, and later that evening everything stopped, same as with Isaac. We were back in the hospital at 42+3 for a standard monitoring appointment, and they couldn't find a heartbeat.

I don't think he died because I was 42 weeks. I think I was 42 weeks (and more!) because my body doesn't labour right and hangs on to the baby for too long.

This time around, we've got an induction planned for 40 weeks (possibly to be brought a week or so earlier if we spy any potential problems arising, but I imagine I will get to 40 weeks unless I labour naturally beforehand), and I'll be monitored throughout.

I always said that we were lucky to get Isaac out alive, and that I'd felt he was in more trouble than the staff at the time believed. I allowed myself to be convinced that this was unlikely to be true. I wish I'd trusted that gut instinct, because it was spot on. I think we were very lucky to save my first son, and very unlucky with how we lost our second. However, I do think as long as labour is monitored and we're in a hospital, then we should be ok (although I may well end up with another c-section, which doesn't thrill me. But I obviously would rather that than another stillbirth, and that does seem to be the situation for me!)

It's not something I mind talking about tbh. I think because it was our decision to decline interventions, and we knew what had happened first time round. We were just left feeling incredibly grateful for our eldest son, really, and finally realising exactly how close we came to losing him, and how much luck was involved that we were on the monitor at exactly the point he started to really struggle.

Thank you for sharing your story patch. I bet your relieved you know roughly when your having your baby and you get to stay in the hospital as soon as it starts regardless of how regular you are! I hope you get another natural birth, but glad you realise if for any reason you need another section your ok with it.

It has put my mind at ease somewhat and if I go over again, which I'm 100% sure I will, that there isn't much to worry about, but some of the 3rd trimester ladies can be scary saying any time over is bad.

It's so difficult, because I certainly don't want to frighten other women. The vast majority of labours are safe, however long they go on for, however often they stop and start, and whatever the gestation. I'm just the person who shows that while that's true for the majority, it's not true for absolutely all.

I wouldn't advise others to be induced after a c-section, and I generally wouldn't recommend constant monitoring, having read the research and seen that for most women any interventions cause more problems than they solve. I just know that those things aren't true for me, and I do personally need interventions.

It is nice to know I won't go over 42 weeks again, purely because I've been there twice before, and it makes for a very long pregnancy! If I knew it was safe for me, I wouldn't worry specifically about going past my dates.

There is some evidence that the placenta can deteriorate with a prolonged pregnancy, but it's not quite as clear cut as that. There are some babies born at 37/38 weeks who look 'overdue' and have a visibly aged placenta. There are some babies born at 42/43 weeks who come out covered in vernix and the placenta is huge and clearly healthy. The problem is that we can't really detect problems until too late, and we dont understand enough about labour triggers and the end of pregnancy.

Some women are spun major scare stories by their doctors, and are led to believe that going past 40 weeks is riskin their baby unnecessarily, and it just isn't true. Don't be worried about going overdue-just, as ever, keep an eye on movements and trust your gut instinct :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->