2014 March Rainbows

Hi All

Had my anatomy scan yesterday and bub looks awesome :) have to go back next Tuesday as they couldn't get full shot of spine and feet but everything looks fine :)

We are team :blue: which totally floored me as I had been certain the ultrasound tech would say girl. Hahaha

Hi All

Had my anatomy scan yesterday and bub looks awesome :) have to go back next Tuesday as they couldn't get full shot of spine and feet but everything looks fine :)

We are team :blue: which totally floored me as I had been certain the ultrasound tech would say girl. Hahaha

Congrats on having a boy! I thought for sure I was having a girl too but very excited about boy!

They also couldn't see everything in my ultrasound so I go back in 4 weeks for another. Glad to hear he us doing good!

Congrats on all the little pink and blue bundles!

We are still team :yellow:
And our little one looks perfectly healthy so that's good enough for us :cloud9:

We have to go for another scan in a few weeks, too. LO had a hand in front of their face the whole time, so we've got to go again to try and get a lips shot, as well as a clearer kidney shot. Sonographer was happy with how everything looked, just couldn't get clear enough images. Next scan in 3 weeks :)

20 week scan in 4 hours yay. I think I'll be disappointed if I end up having another boy. My gut is saying girl, but I'm not sure if its because I want one so much or I know its a girl. With my son I knew he was a boy. I just had a feeling. So we'll see soon :)

20 week scan in 4 hours yay. I think I'll be disappointed if I end up having another boy. My gut is saying girl, but I'm not sure if its because I want one so much or I know its a girl. With my son I knew he was a boy. I just had a feeling. So we'll see soon :)

Good luck! May that little be perfectly healthy!

Having our 20 week scan on Monday and I am TERRIFIED.

So far everything has been ok but I still have this constant worry. :/ Trying my hardest to be excited though and we'll (hopefully!) find out if we are team pink or blue!

Was anyone else nervous for their 20 week scan?

Having our 20 week scan on Monday and I am TERRIFIED.

So far everything has been ok but I still have this constant worry. :/ Trying my hardest to be excited though and we'll (hopefully!) find out if we are team pink or blue!

Was anyone else nervous for their 20 week scan?

Ditto 100%.

Mine was supposed to be on Monday but they had an opening Saturday so its been put forward :)

I'm PETRIFIED! I know baby is alive, because I feel it kick plus I have a doppler anyways, but I'm worried about there being something wrong ie with its growth or its organs :dohh: its 1% chance apparently but I just can't help but worry! :nope:

I was right. I'm team pink. As for the scan I was very anxious something was wrong. Well there was something wrong but only with my date of birth! The hospital put my year in wrong so I was to them, 10 years younger. I needed a new down's result so went from 31k to 21k chance of having down's so still good odds. The sonographer was very relaxing and reassured me nothing was wrong, although I have to go back next week as she was laying on her spine and refused to move. I think its natural to worry, even more so after a loss as I never worried about anything with DS and though everything was going to be normal! He had a club foot nothing major. This time since I had a loss I have done nothing but worry. Between weeks 8-12 I just thought the hb would stop. Then yesterday I was complaining to OH about every single possibility that could go wrong. It is very rare that something will go wrong, and even if something is wrong there is always a chance its fixable.

Hi girls! Congrats to everyone on their scans! I had my anatomy scan today too and everything is looking good. They want me to come back in 4 weeks for another scan of her heart and then in 8 weeks for a growth scan.

Anyone have any pics to post? Here's one of mine (the 3Ds look so weird!)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 4
Hey ladies, I have a question. ....

I am very torn about where to put baby to sleep at night when he comes home. I always thought we would just start him out right in his room, but then I read starting them out in your room can help reduce SIDS.

So many people have told me to use the rock n play sleeper, but after doing some reach on that it is not an approved sleeping space.

A bassinet is my next thought but we have cats that like to sleep in our room and that just makes me nervous....

Any thoughts?

Where do the cats sleep in your room? My son sleeps at his grandparents from time to time and when he was little the cat jumped in the travel cot with him and there is a sweet picture of them sleeping together. If the cats generally sleep in the same place, then a new place should be ok. If you don't want the cats over the baby's bed put tin foil around it prior to bringing baby home as for some odd reason cats hate the stuff. It stops scratching, spraying and going on them :)

That's a good question Tricia! i would liked to know what everyone will be doing with their baby when they come home as well. This will be our 1st so we have a lot to learn!!!

Where do the cats sleep in your room? My son sleeps at his grandparents from time to time and when he was little the cat jumped in the travel cot with him and there is a sweet picture of them sleeping together. If the cats generally sleep in the same place, then a new place should be ok. If you don't want the cats over the baby's bed put tin foil around it prior to bringing baby home as for some odd reason cats hate the stuff. It stops scratching, spraying and going on them :)

We have 2 cats and they don't always sleep in our room but when they do the one likes to sleep right by me head and I am afraid they will try and do that with baby, I just want to do the safest thing for baby

We're going to have a crib in our room then move her into her room when she out grows it into the cot. Worked for DS and had no issues. I have no issue's with people who want to co-sleep or put baby straight in their own room as there are some good monitors now days. Just make sure your wifi is secure with a password no one can decipher as some sick people can hack them, which is a shame and can be a pretty scary situation for the child.

I think Tricia if you don't want to put the tin foil on before baby is here then monitor them during the day as baby sleeps a lot and if they go near show them off. I think a bassinet is similar to what us brits call a crib and you can rock the baby to sleep? I'm not 100% sure on that though. If your house is all on one floor then you can just quickly pop to check if its on two then maybe get another bed maybe a moses basket in your main room as running up and down to check the baby every 5 minutes isn't the most practical. Even if the monitor doesn't go off, you'll just want that quick glance on him and go how cute he is. I would probably close your door at night until your happy the cats won't do the same thing to him

We'll be using a co-sleeper cot again. They're fab-all the benefits of co-sleeping, without baby actually being in bed with you. We moved DS into his own room at 9 months old, so I imagine we'd do similar timings, too. I couldn't put a newborn in their own room. They're so tiny and helpless, and they feed so damn often. Just makes sense to keep them close IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->