2ww turns to 3ww

Ohh and yes the bleeding was VERY short. My mom continued to bleed a few months into pregnancy so if I follow after her, that could be the case.

You should talk to your mom if you can. I was hesitant because I don't want to be asked about TTC or early pregnancy, but she's my mom so I know she won't say anything or bring it up.

I agree may is a long time (seems like an excessive wait) but it's better to say I missed a full month than a couple weeks.

I'd rather not be turned away at the door, so to speak.

But you do you, I would suggest going to the doctor at the least 2 weeks late, and at the most a month. :)

Since this wasn't exactly planned I'm trying to not tell her until I know for sure. I'm just remembering things she had said over the years.

That is true, and at least you are still trying in case it is not the result you hope for.

That's what I'm afraid of about going to the doctor. Especially not knowing how much those tests will cost me and if they just go by a urine test before wanting to do bloodwork, I'm already trying those and getting very faint lines. Thanks, I really should go either way because of the pain/twinges I'm having. That can't be normal, right?

I went off BCP last October. Last month had a pap and everything came back normal. I was on the BCP for many years but it doesn't seem like that should be causing all this but I guess it's a possibility.

Since this wasn't exactly planned I'm trying to not tell her until I know for sure. I'm just remembering things she had said over the years.

That is true, and at least you are still trying in case it is not the result you hope for.

That's what I'm afraid of about going to the doctor. Especially not knowing how much those tests will cost me and if they just go by a urine test before wanting to do bloodwork, I'm already trying those and getting very faint lines. Thanks, I really should go either way because of the pain/twinges I'm having. That can't be normal, right?

I went off BCP last October. Last month had a pap and everything came back normal. I was on the BCP for many years but it doesn't seem like that should be causing all this but I guess it's a possibility.

Every doctor I've ever been to has done a blood test so they can determine what your HCG levels are.

With my first pregnancy, I didn't know I was pregnant. I went in because I had three days of very light bleeding (what I thought was AF) - they did a transvaginal ultrasound which at that point showed nothing because I was not that far along. Then they did a blood test to see whether I was pregnant before deciding what to do next. If I had not been pregnant, they would have started me on prometrium to kick start my period. Turned out I was 4 weeks pregnant.

Every doctor I've ever been to has done a blood test so they can determine what your HCG levels are.

With my first pregnancy, I didn't know I was pregnant. I went in because I had three days of very light bleeding (what I thought was AF) - they did a transvaginal ultrasound which at that point showed nothing because I was not that far along. Then they did a blood test to see whether I was pregnant before deciding what to do next. If I had not been pregnant, they would have started me on prometrium to kick start my period. Turned out I was 4 weeks pregnant.

MissRoseMama - thanks for sharing! That's good to know that it's standard that they test for it. Also it's interesting that you had bleeding for 3 days and we're still pregnant! My bleeding I had for two days, it wasn't super heavy but it wasn't very light either. I had spotting for a week prior, which started with the possible IB timeframe.

Looks like I need to maybe schedule an appointment :/

MissRoseMama - thanks for sharing! That's good to know that it's standard that they test for it. Also it's interesting that you had bleeding for 3 days and we're still pregnant! My bleeding I had for two days, it wasn't super heavy but it wasn't very light either. I had spotting for a week prior, which started with the possible IB timeframe.

Looks like I need to maybe schedule an appointment :/

You are most welcome!! 😊

Most IB lasts for about 1-3 days, the difference between IB and AF is the amount, the color and the length of time you bleed for. Both times I had IB, it was very light (didn't even fill a pad). There are never clots...at least as far as I know.

:)

I did see where it lasts a couple days for most. What I believe was the IB was very very light, mostly when I wiped and sometimes a couple tiny spots on a liner. I did have some twinges at the same time as well. I didn't have any clots until my 2 days of bleeding a week later.

Leave it to me to not be a textbook case haha :)

:)

I did see where it lasts a couple days for most. What I believe was the IB was very very light, mostly when I wiped and sometimes a couple tiny spots on a liner. I did have some twinges at the same time as well. I didn't have any clots until my 2 days of bleeding a week later.

Leave it to me to not be a textbook case haha :)

Did you have a lot of clots or was it minimal? Could've been a chemical pregnancy...

It wasn't a lot of clots so I'd say minimal. It started 9 days ago and ended 8 days ago. Still having nausea and symptoms and very very faint lines on the hpt's. I don't know how long this would all happen if that was the case :/

It wasn't a lot of clots so I'd say minimal. It started 9 days ago and ended 8 days ago. Still having nausea and symptoms and very very faint lines on the hpt's. I don't know how long this would all happen if that was the case :/

My miscarriage was 8 days...and it can take time for the HCG to get out of your system. You definitely should go to your doctor to find out what's going on for sure 😊

Oh really?? I didn't know it could take so long. I guess I haven't done much looking up on that. What kind of symptoms did you have?

Oh really?? I didn't know it could take so long. I guess I haven't done much looking up on that. What kind of symptoms did you have?

It felt like a bad period...though I was pregnant for two weeks before I had my miscarriage. A friend of mine had a chemical pregnancy and told me it was basically just like a period.

It felt like a bad period...though I was pregnant for two weeks before I had my miscarriage. A friend of mine had a chemical pregnancy and told me it was basically just like a period.

I am so sorry to hear that :( Thank you for sharing! Sounds like it could have been that. I'm so confused

I am so sorry to hear that :( Thank you for sharing! Sounds like it could have been that. I'm so confused

Thank you missrosemama, that was good information to know! It's amazing how common this way of finding out is, but they don't ever tell you that.

BellaS, I understand why you don't want to tell anyone one.

Today my mom took me out and we looked at stuff, got pedi's, and went craft shopping.

Try to get my mind off testing.

Though, I had my first real issue with morning sickness today. Right in the middle of a mall store. Thank goodness I did not spew, but I was on my butt for a good 10/15 minutes trying not to.

Every cramp and twinge I had, I had my mom to share it to. It was so nice to feel normal and open about it all. I'm so hoping that this turns up a tiny person.

I really hope you didn't have a chemical pregnancy, BellaS. Listen to your body, and think about making an appointment. :)

I'm glad you got out and got your mind off of it for a while! It definitely consumes you which, ironically, I'm sure is not good for the baby if you're pregnant.

It sounds like you are very lucky to have your mom to turn to and share the experience with. That is so awesome! Sorry to hear about your bout with morning sickness. :( I hear it's a good sign though and that you're less likely to miscarry. I keep having morning sickness too - I was up during the night with it. Usually it's been in the mornings or if I smell food/see food but then it hits me randomly.

I am hoping for your tiny person! :) Thank you, I hope not too. I will try to listen to my body and I'll consider it. I was looking up the americanpregnancy site you were talking about. Since some women do not have high enough levels of hcg until 2-3 weeks after their expected AF, that's another week-2 for us. I'm hoping to make it to then before having to go to the doc. If things get worse then I'll go sooner.

How often are you having cramps/twinges?

You are welcome. Trust me when I say the physical part of it is nothing compared to the emotional part. I'm still not over that. Not a day goes by when I don't miss my baby.

Edit to say - I had no morning sickness with either of my pregnancies and one was viable and is sleeping upstairs right now.

Not to scare you, but my SIL had horrible morning sickness with her first pregnancy and lost it at 8 weeks, so unfortunately it's not a guarantee either way.

Good luck to you both - please go to the doctor either way. ❤️

Remember one thing about HCG that I have learned with both pregnancies - the important thing is not how much you have but that it's doubling. If it's not doubling, 9 times out of ten, it will not be a viable pregnancy.

I'm glad you got out and got your mind off of it for a while! It definitely consumes you which, ironically, I'm sure is not good for the baby if you're pregnant.

It sounds like you are very lucky to have your mom to turn to and share the experience with. That is so awesome! Sorry to hear about your bout with morning sickness. :( I hear it's a good sign though and that you're less likely to miscarry. I keep having morning sickness too - I was up during the night with it. Usually it's been in the mornings or if I smell food/see food but then it hits me randomly.

I am hoping for your tiny person! :) Thank you, I hope not too. I will try to listen to my body and I'll consider it. I was looking up the americanpregnancy site you were talking about. Since some women do not have high enough levels of hcg until 2-3 weeks after their expected AF, that's another week-2 for us. I'm hoping to make it to then before having to go to the doc. If things get worse then I'll go sooner.

How often are you having cramps/twinges?

That's a good game plan. :)

I hadn't heard that about morning sickness, but I'm sure there is some truth to it. My former roommate had horrible morning sickness week 9 - 12. She's now 32 weeks.

I'm very lucky to have such a great relationship with my mother, she's a wonderful person and we've gotten closer, especially after I moved out and married my DH.

Twinges and cramps are random, out of the 7 hours I was out walking, I think I only felt them for 3/4 hours. I had a small issue with morning sickness about 20 minutes after I ate, lasted for 10/15 minutes.

Out of the time I did get the cramps, it would be in two or three spots during that hour, and they lasted for a few minutes. I also had breast pain that was the same song and dance.

I remember walking along and it was in a new spot every time.

20 minutes would go by, and my behind belly button would hurt, another 20 and my side, another twenty and my back. Rinse repeat.

I took a nap when I got home and now it's all starting again.

It does stop for random amounts of time, too.

So short answer, it happens randomly throughout the day with no one particular spot.

You are welcome. Trust me when I say the physical part of it is nothing compared to the emotional part. I'm still not over that. Not a day goes by when I don't miss my baby.

Edit to say - I had no morning sickness with either of my pregnancies and one was viable and is sleeping upstairs right now.

Not to scare you, but my SIL had horrible morning sickness with her first pregnancy and lost it at 8 weeks, so unfortunately it's not a guarantee either way.

Good luck to you both - please go to the doctor either way. ❤️

Remember one thing about HCG that I have learned with both pregnancies - the important thing is not how much you have but that it's doubling. If it's not doubling, 9 times out of ten, it will not be a viable pregnancy.

Thank you again, I definitely have a game plan now, all this talking really has helped a TON.

I'm now 9 days late, as it is midnight o'clock.

Hopefully everything is kosher under my skin. :)

MissRoseMama - I'm so sorry :( I'm sure the emotional part would be very hard. Even so early, it's a part of you. That is good to know about your SIL. Hopefully that's not the case but good to know if so, everything happens for a reason.

I didn't know that about HCG - I was afraid if I am, and am not making enough that it could be bad! So as long as it is doubling. That could explain the very faint lines.

I'll go to the doctor :)

That's a good game plan. :)

I hadn't heard that about morning sickness, but I'm sure there is some truth to it. My former roommate had horrible morning sickness week 9 - 12. She's now 32 weeks.

I'm very lucky to have such a great relationship with my mother, she's a wonderful person and we've gotten closer, especially after I moved out and married my DH.

Twinges and cramps are random, out of the 7 hours I was out walking, I think I only felt them for 3/4 hours. I had a small issue with morning sickness about 20 minutes after I ate, lasted for 10/15 minutes.

Out of the time I did get the cramps, it would be in two or three spots during that hour, and they lasted for a few minutes. I also had breast pain that was the same song and dance.

I remember walking along and it was in a new spot every time.

20 minutes would go by, and my behind belly button would hurt, another 20 and my side, another twenty and my back. Rinse repeat.

I took a nap when I got home and now it's all starting again.

It does stop for random amounts of time, too.

So short answer, it happens randomly throughout the day with no one particular spot.

Im glad it seems that things are going well for your old roommate!

My twinges and cramps have been random too. Over the weekend it seemed to be more often, sometimes every 5-10 minutes of have a little twinge. Today it has been more spread out. Mine are in my lower left abdomen, I'd guess closer to my ovary area? I did have morning sickness again this morning. :/

Naps are good now! I keep getting so tired the past few weeks!

Any updates today??

MissRoseMama - I'm so sorry :( I'm sure the emotional part would be very hard. Even so early, it's a part of you. That is good to know about your SIL. Hopefully that's not the case but good to know if so, everything happens for a reason.

I didn't know that about HCG - I was afraid if I am, and am not making enough that it could be bad! So as long as it is doubling. That could explain the very faint lines.

I'll go to the doctor :)

Well, if it is doubling, the lines should be getting darker as time goes on. If you are pregnant, your body creates the hormone (HCG) which doubles (or triples) every two days. At a certain point (usually when the levels are over 1000) that's when you can actually see the baby on an ultrasound. Before that, even if they did a transvaginal ultrasound, they wouldn't be able to see anything. If it is that high though, for the most part, the lines would be very dark.

Glad you are going to the doctor!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->