<3 Positive Thinking <3

Trying: Ooo recurrent miscarriage clinic sounds interesting. I'm definitely curious as to the types of tests they do. And 3 days late is promising. Let's hope it's just late implanter. But if not, I would also wonder if it's chemical. =\ I hate it when our bodies confuse us like that. It's the worst part of the month. Like either it worked or let's get on with it.

Aw it sounds like you're having a good time with your DH. Actually my DH told me he's been avoiding sex with me because he's afraid of causing labor to start early! I'm also feeling clumsy and unattractive so I'm not often in the mood but I had no idea he was so concerned about inducing labor. I'm trying to convince him that 1. I'm not that fragile 2. he's not that powerful :haha: I mean they pump women with quite a bit of drugs to induce labor, so I don't think it's that easy.

Hi psychochick
It will be interesting to see what they offer. I will have to let you know. I will be waiting many months for appointment so I will let you know when it eventually comes through :thumbup:
My period eventfully came 4 days late! No idea where that came from!? My acupuncturist thinks hat my hormones have gone a bit out of whack from the treatment but they should settle next cycle. So we will see. Must admit my AF was better this time. More normal in terms of flow. So she was very happy with that. Good to know that something is sorting itself out now.

Haha your DH is so funny. I don't know what goes through their minds sometimes. It is very sweet. Sex should be fine I would have thought. Although if I get pregnant again I won't be having any sex as I am too high a risk. That will be torture :haha:

hi Trying, how's everything going?? Did you start the recurrent miscarriage study yet? Are you still doing acupuncture?

My baby's out! He was born 9/24/16 6lb 14oz, perfect in every way :) We're super enamored with him. I actually think he's a pretty nice baby, generally not fussy. Still it's quite hard learning to care for a newborn. Breastfeeding is hard as everyone says. It's been not even two weeks yet and I've already had two meltdowns, mostly around breastfeeding and worrying about his weight gain etc. Taking it one day at a time.

The good thing is that he sleeps a lot too, so I'm starting to log on more often now and hoping to hear some good things from other people :)

Congrats psycho!!!!

Did you end up having a natural? Don't worry! Things just keeps getting better. Now that I'm 5 months in, I can tell you that!

Hope you are enjoying it otherwise!

Thanks Hungry. Yes I did have a natural birth. I actually labored for about 33 hours. I was doing pretty well for the first 22 hours and then there was a complication where I had a really long contraction that caused baby's heartrate to plummet. They gave me a shot which killed the contractions altogether. So they had to wait a while more for my contractions to start naturally and progress the labor. But other than that everything went well. The pushing and tearing was not nearly as bad as I imagined and I was up and about almost immediately (with the help of ibuprofen).

I can't believe you're already 5 months in. Your daughter must be so much more fun now! Hope you and her are both doing well.

Thanks Hungry. Yes I did have a natural birth. I actually labored for about 33 hours. I was doing pretty well for the first 22 hours and then there was a complication where I had a really long contraction that caused baby's heartrate to plummet. They gave me a shot which killed the contractions altogether. So they had to wait a while more for my contractions to start naturally and progress the labor. But other than that everything went well. The pushing and tearing was not nearly as bad as I imagined and I was up and about almost immediately (with the help of ibuprofen).

I can't believe you're already 5 months in. Your daughter must be so much more fun now! Hope you and her are both doing well.

That's great Psychochick!!!

How are you coping with the baby at home? Do you have help? I hope you do, because it's important to get enough rest especially if you are breastfeeding and trying to establish your supply! It really made a difference for me. Those days that I slept more, I produced more milk.

She is becoming more and more fun. Aware of her surroundings. Recognizing people. Screaming / talking as they call it. Hahaha. We get to let her try food / solids in another 2 weeks. So I'm excited about that!

hi Trying, how's everything going?? Did you start the recurrent miscarriage study yet? Are you still doing acupuncture?

My baby's out! He was born 9/24/16 6lb 14oz, perfect in every way :) We're super enamored with him. I actually think he's a pretty nice baby, generally not fussy. Still it's quite hard learning to care for a newborn. Breastfeeding is hard as everyone says. It's been not even two weeks yet and I've already had two meltdowns, mostly around breastfeeding and worrying about his weight gain etc. Taking it one day at a time.

The good thing is that he sleeps a lot too, so I'm starting to log on more often now and hoping to hear some good things from other people :)

Hi Psychochick!
Many congratulations! So glad all went well and baby Gordon is here safe and sound. So glad you stuck with the name too!
I can only imagine how hard it must be for you. I think taking things a day at a time sounds like a fab idea. Things will get better.

Sadly I am still not pregnant 9 months in, so starting to get slightly concerned now. But still having the acupuncture. It has helped with my cycles and I now have a whopping 16 day LP! 2 years ago it was 9-10 so things are improving.
I finally got my appointment through last week and I go to the clinic at the end of November :happydance: just hope they find something and hope they also do a SA on DH as I found out that sperm issues can cause RPL and reduced fertility in men. So they have been focusing on me this whole time when it may well be him!!!
So we are not allowed to ttc for 1-2 months now which will be hard. But to be honest we did say that we needed the break as it is starting to cause a lot of stress in our relationship. Maybe a break is what we need. Then if nothing by Feb we are heading to the doctors to be put in for fertility testing.
So maybe next year will be our year?
All I know is that this year has been crappy with the last miscarriage and the TTC not working out. But maybe this appointment will give us new hope :flower:

Ps hi hungry and Tesh if your are still out there ....

hi Trying, 10 to 16 day LP is pretty incredible! I am really impressed with acupuncture based on your experience and also some other people used acupuncture to start their labor with great success too. I'm assuming that the long LP means higher progesterone which would definitely be helpful towards a successful pregnancy too.

Sorry to hear that TTC has added so much stress to your relationship. I know how it is, it was straining my relationship with DH too. Holidays are coming up so it's a good time to take a break and get ready for a new year :) Keep us posted on the appointment and what you find!

Yeah that is my theory at the moment. It seems to have worked wonders so far. My menstrual flow has been better too. My periods were super light now they are more normal.

There has been a slight development. I got a BFP on Sunday. Completely shocked as had no symptoms at all. I only tested as I got a ton of EWCM in the evening and I only get that when PG. Again it was on 11dpo which was strange! My breasts are now a tad sore and I have a monster headache.
Me and DH haven't spoken much about it as we are in denial. There is no real excitement or joy this time we are just seeing what happens. So sad we feel this way but I guess it's natural to put the barriers up.
So i guess time will tell :thumbup: we are expecting the worst but hoping for the best

OMG! Congrats Trying!!!!!

I'm so glad I popped in to check this thread today. I'll have to check back more often to keep up to date with this. I'm so happy. So happy for you!

OMG! Congrats Trying!!!!!

I'm so glad I popped in to check this thread today. I'll have to check back more often to keep up to date with this. I'm so happy. So happy for you!

Thanks Hungry!
I will update you all. Hopefully with positive news this time.
I am going to keep going to acupuncture. She is saying however that I would need two sessions a week now until 14 weeks. DH has said no way as we can't afford £90 a week. It's bad enough just doing the one session. He thinks they are just out to make money.
I am taking baby aspirin this time along with continuing the D3 and omega 3. Also a small dose of mahnes and selenium. Hoping something does the trick

Hiya have you try ed progesterone suppositories?

Hey
I haven't ever tried them. They won't give them out here as there are many studies which show that it doesn't make a difference. My gyne doesn't believe in it at all.
If I'm honest I don't think that is my problem anyway as I have a really long luteal phase which my accupunturist said is a sign of high progesterone.
I would have liked to have tried them anyway just to see but not an option here sadly

Trying,

I know some people really believe in acupuncture. I just don't have an opinion on it as I have never tried it before and am terrified of needles hahaha. But it must be doing something right for you with your longer LP and pregnancy!! I would keep doing whatever works to be honest. Like I stuck to folate instead of folic acid for the pregnancy that resulted in my baby girl. I just didn't want to risk changing something and something bad happened. Then I'll start thinking oh was it because I stopped that?? Ya know? So I would definitely continue with what has been working!

Definitely keep us updated. I'll try to pop in more frequently to be your cheerleader!

Trying: big congrats! :wohoo: I know that you probably don't want to get your hopes up but a BFP is a good start. I think acupuncture has clearly already helped with your progesterone levels. That's the only way to explain the extra long LP, so I think you're already starting off better than before. I do feel like they might be trying to milk it by telling you that you need extra acu sessions but your gut feeling counts the most since you've been going to them.

Sending lots of positive thoughts your way! :dust:

Thanks Hungry!
I think that the acupuncture has done something for sure. We are going to do the two sessions a week. My cousin had her little girl after multiple losses by doing this so I thought would be worth a shot.
The needles are hurting more as I am feeling more sensitive at the moment.

Thank you Psychochick!
We have gone for the two sessions as we would regret not trying it if the worst was to happen again. So will see how it goes. I am also taking the baby aspirin daily :thumbup:

So today I am 5+3. Had some mild nausea yesterday afternoon and evening. Nothing today yet but I won't wish for it as it's not nice. I am sure that it will pop up later on. Breast only slightly more tender. Nothing else really yet symptom wise.
I have a scan booked for when I am 6+5. Feeling so nervous. They wanted to see me at exactly 6 weeks. I said no as may be too early to see anything. I am worried that 6+5 will be too soon. Don't want to be stuck in limbo
I will let you know how we get on

Hope you ladies are enjoying your little ones :flower:

Hey ladies, I could also go for some positive thinking!! Hope this month is going well for all so far! Baby dust to all x

DF and I are in our 5th cycle tttc after the loss of our first MC, DF has the most beautiful, healthy and intelligent 6 yo girl so I have no worries that we will eventually have a beautiful, healthy and intelligent kid of our own - however we all know how it can be easy to slip into a bit of self pity from time to time! Fx this the month for all of our dreams to come true xx

Good luck little one for this cycle and sorry for your loss :flower:
It is very to get into a pity party. I do that a lot but I guess it it's natural too from time to time x

Ladies! We have a heartbeat!!!!
I was put back to 6+2 due to my cycles being longer than 28 days. Bubba is a tiny 4mm so slightly on the smallder end of the scale. But the heartbeat is the important thing for now. Such an emotional day x

You don't know me, as I am new here and haven't posted much, but I still want to tell you congratulations! It makes me so happy to hear of your success... TTC is a much more difficult and emotional journey than so many people imagine. I'm going to send so many positive thoughts your way (and to your little human!).

Thank you for sharing your journey with us and putting happy thoughts into the universe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->