30 Something & TTC - Onward to Mummyhood!!

Hi! How are we all? Penny's first birthday next month can't believe it! Getting back into the swing of things at work, to be honest it's not so bad... Teething again at the minute, she's got 2 bottom ones, a front side one & now one of the front top ones coming in :thumbup: I'll see if I can send a recent pic x

https://i870.photobucket.com/albums/ab268/chrispatterson81/Mobile%20Uploads/B5B33C05-CE72-43C4-AAE7-045C862BEDDC_zpsjwazzj5c.jpg

Tooooooo cute! Look who's a big girl strolling around eh? Well done penny!

Teething mode is horrid - hope she's dealing with it ok.

What's the birthday plan mrsp?

:hi: girls! Penny is so cute MrsP! We're in the middle of organising Fia's birthday too - where did the year go?! :wacko: She cut two teeth last week - was a bit restless at night with them and nursed more at nighttime but overall it hasn't been too bad. Fx'd I haven't spoken too soon, lol!

Mk8 - how are ye getting on?

Hi ladies sorry I don't check in too often but I still think about you all, our little group are all mummies now - I love it😻

So what is everyone doing for 1st birthdays? We recently had Marlon's christening - a small event 35 ppl at my house and that was sooo much work, it may as well have been 50 ppl. I'm thinking 1st bday will be somewhere else other than home .

Marlon now 7 months and almost crawling.. Loves his solids and I'm trying to wean h off breast feeds onto formula only. It's tough as sometimes he still comfort feeds .
I'm still looking for child care place, it's very hard finding a mid year spot.

Hi all

I'm currently sitting in silence with a cuppa tea having gorged a whole (large) packet of choc biccies. Hehe

Thinking of u ladies and babies.

Max and I are doing well. He's just turned 8 months and is trying to crawl sometimes- he makes it across the room but he jumps rather than crawls. He's pulling himself to standing now so more interested in that than trying to crawl. He's a pro and getting up into the seated position from lying down- which can be annoying when ur trying to get him to sleep. I'm loving mummyhood ladies. I'm sure u r all too. Remember the days of stressing about ttc? I'm so happy for all of us that we got our bundles of joy in the end!

Congrats on marlins christening. I'm thinking of hosting it at mine too- what did u serve?

What are the first birthday plans ladies?

I'm planning Isaac's christening at the moment. We're having it the last Sunday in April so not far off. We're having the reception at my mother in laws. My Mum is doing most of the savoury items, she always does fantastic food for parties. My mother in law is sorting desserts. I've ordered a fabulous cake, two tiers with a transport theme, I'll post a picture after as I think it will be really special.

Can't believe you guys are getting close to first birthdays. So exciting. Isaac is just brilliant, I love being a Mummy. He started sleeping through about 2 weeks ago, he may do it, but I don't. So annoying. Last week he rolled over from back to front, quite exciting.

Fantastic news cupcake on the sleep front and rolling. So exciting when that happens!

Ohhh chef mum and mum in law eh? What's on the menu? I'm going to punch ideas! Hehe

Hi ladies,
For the christening I had written 'light lunch' on the invite but in end had too much food 😀
I ordered gourmet sandwich platters which were great, then had other savoury finger foods and sweets. My mum make a cute two tier cake which was delicious
I'll try post a picture . It was her first time making a fondant so I thought it was a good effort.

For 1st bday I'm not sure what we will have. I like the idea of a Teddy Bears picnic theme or Sesame Street

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 0
This is my cutie pie

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 0
My mum's roasting some ham and beef, prawn mayo, potato salad, coleslaw, she makes a fab chicken salad, pork pie from a shop near her, egg mayo (cut in half with sauce on top and sprinkle of cayenne).I'm making my own sausage rolls, sausages on sticks, roast veg cous cous salad, salads, bread, cheese board, crisps, there's other stuff but I can't remember. Then my hubby's Mum is sorting out desserts. We've already bought wine and need to buy soft drinks. I'm looking forward to it.

Cupcake how many people are you having? The menu sounds divine. I am too lazy/disorganised to make my own food!

About 50, I think about 15 of those are children which is why I'm going to do good old pineapple and cheese on sticks. I love it, plus brings back retro memories of my b'day parties as a little one. Still haven't quite broached the increase in number with my MIL from the original approximately 35... Oops

So happy to see you doing so well. We are doing great. BabyG is now 4 almost 5 months old. He's a good boy - I'm a stay at home mom (for now) and I'm really enjoying it. Right now we are trying to get his naps sorted out. Challenging !

Hi ladies. Been a while. I couldn't log on for months! How are you?

Hey ladies!! Thanks for bumping MK . I rarely log on anymore but tonight I thought I'd peak and there you are!!

We are doing well. Marlon is now 10 months and such an active baby-- crawling, cruising furniture and busy doing baby things. He has started day care on Mondays and Tuesdays but im still on maternity leave till July.
I must admit I'm liking having some time to myself on these days although I miss him terribly.

I've also made an appt to see my FS re: TTC #2. Crazy, huh???

Would live to hear what you are up to

Hi ladies :wave: Penny is almost 15 months now! She's a very confident child, not scared of anything, hard as nails & very loud ha ha! Unlike both dh & I when we were babies We've been TTC #2 for 2 months now, just on to cycle 3. I emailed my FS yesterday Aleja to ask how long were expected to try this time around before getting referred by my dr again. He said 1 year or 6 months if irregular cycles... I do have a few months worth of clomid left though so I'll b taking that again next month if no joy as it goes out of date soon! :winkwink: X

Hi ladies! Good to see u on here.

Ahhh TTC v.2 haha. Max is almost 1. We plan to try in September. Naturally for 6 months before going to see the fs again. We aren't trying yet but I suspect we will be a bit more chilled this time round... At least i bloody hope so!

Hey ladies,
Good to hear from you!

MrsP oh wow you are on the TTC train already. Good luck and I
Hope It happens more quickly than last time.
MK I have an appt with FS in August . To be honest I'm dreading jumping back on the TTC roller coaster makes me feel anxious just thinking about it. I'll see what FS says but my cycles are a bit wacky so combine that with MF issues and it's not looking good.

On a better note Marlon is turning 1 next month. Can't believe how fast it has gone my little man is almost a toddler

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->