33 and looking for early/mid 30s buddy

Joanna I meant to ask when in December is your birthday?

12/12! Are you a December baby as well, Erica?

I totally agree that having you guys has been what has made me feel so much more calm about this cycle. I feel the same regarding the positives--I've learned a ton more about my cycle and I do think this month, esp the last couple days, was a big turning point for DH and me in this process. He is so much more supportive and involved now -- asking me about my temps, how things work, and reassuring me that we're doing everything we can and it will happen.

Enjoy your Saturday nights, ladies! Erica, so glad you are getting to have your date. Thistledown, hope the vacay is great - how awesome would that be to get a BFP while on vacation!? And Nicole, keep positive--you have no signs saying you won't get a BFP, so let's look at it that way for now!! :hugs: I'll post tomorrow morning and let you know if AF has arrived and/or if my temps have changed at all....

I'm going to test again tomorrow morning. I was soooo tempted to test again today, but I only brought 5 ICs with me so I need to make them last! Being on holiday definitely helps keep me from obsessing though - other than being extra careful not to overheat in the sun, and not drinking alcohol (other than tiny sips of whatever OH is drinking). We spent half the afternoon down at the beach today, playing in the surf and lying in the sun. I don't care what anyone says, I'll take a lovely quiet black sand beach with real waves over a crowded white sand beach with buffers to break the surf any day!

EMC0528, I usually spot before AF too, and I did in Jan before my BFP (okay, yes, that ended in M/C, but spotting isn't uncommon in healthy pregnancies either!) There's always hope until the fat lady sings... or the fat witch in this case. ;)

.Are those the early detection ICs? I've heard only the ones with the pink handle show up early, but not sure if that's a USA thing.

The ebay page I bought them from said they were 15mUI tests. :flower:

What are your symptoms? Good chart! As for the test, I am the worst EVER for reading the lines, I never see what others see.

And I totally forgot to reply to this part! I really haven't noticed any symptoms this month. Which doesn't really bother me too much - I was symptom spotting last month and nothing came of it. My BBs are normally really tender before AF, and they were before my MC in January, too.... but then they weren't tender at all before my last AF. :shrug: And since we weren't trying when I got my BFP in Jan, I didn't really notice any symptoms before I tested, other than being late anyway!

I normally don't see much when other people post really faint tests either. :haha: Never thought I'd be the one posting "I see them, do you see them?!" I think TTC really does make us a leeeeetle bit crazy. ;)

https://i1182.photobucket.com/albums/x460/thistledawn/huge_shock.gif

Attachments

• omgbfp.jpg
    omgbfp.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 7
Congratulations, Thistledown!!!! So so happy for you!!! That is such great news!!! And on vacation at that! :happydance::yipee::headspin::wohoo:

Congrats!!! That's great news, so happy for you!

So close! If it doesn't work out for us this month, let's hope for December babies together--I think the due date would be just after your birthday. How are you feeling today, Erica? How was the date! We went out to dinner with my sis last night, drank a couple of glasses of wine and a cocktail (!)--so nice! No AF for me yet, but it's due tomorrow, and could still come later and be within my normal range (25 days is tomorrow, but have had cycles as long as 27). Temp didn't go up today, so I think AF will def be here tomorrow. But who knows. Am beginning to doubt my thermometer a bit - got another cheap one off amazon (first was from drugstore) and have been using both for the last few days. They are regularly .3F or so off, and not always in the same direction (ie one isn't always higher). I guess it doesn't matter if they're not exactly accurate because you're just looking for patterns, but definitely a bit disconcerting.

Nicole, anything new with you this morning? I'm anxious to see your updated chart!!

First things first:
:wohoo::wohoo::happydance:Congrats thistledown:happydance::wohoo::wohoo:

So happy, excited, thrilled that you got your BFP! :happydance:

Ok, now, back to the posts I've missed...

Thistle, are you going to stick around? Give us your symptoms pretty please?

Joanna glad you had a nice night out with your sister! I must plan one soon with mine! I had a fantastic night out with DH. We had a great meal at a nice restaurant then came home with a bottle of wine and just relaxed and snuggled in front of the tv. We had a great time and although I'm expecting AF tomorrow I'm feeling pretty good about things. Here is to December babies!!!

Nicole how you doing today? having a good weekend I hope!

Well we got one BFP this month girls, that has put a smile on my face. Thistledown you must list your symptoms as you get them :)

I still can't get over one of us getting a BFP! And thistle, the fact that you didn't have any symptoms is actually encouraging! Symptom spotting is really making me mental. I don't think I've been as cool as you guys!!! Although I haven't tested yet...

Sooo, let's see. My temp went down :growlmad: but we'll just have to see what happens tomorrow to confirm AF is coming. If temp drops again, I think I'll count myself out.
I should be spotting Monday or Wednesday depending on when I ov.
I'm secretly hoping for an early AF to jinx up my cycle which is way too regular !!! Meaning: BD wouldn't be Monday through Thursday as usual:haha:

Joanna, what's the update? So happy you're being positive.
Erica, I can see you now!!! Nice pic! Glad you spent some money on yourself, and treated you and DH to a night out!
Last night we went out too, had a few drinks too. How relaxed we are!!!

On day of AF, I am getting my life back together. Yeah, cleaning up the house, getting highlights, repairing my bike, reading the news instead of posting for hours on BnB! So many things. And dancing, and yoga, and buying a nice outfit too! Just like you Erica!

:kiss: luvs

Nicole - you are not out just b/c your temp dropped! Esp so early, and it's still so high above your coverline. In my obsessive searches of the FF chart gallery, I've seen lots of pos charts that look like yours!

As for me, I am fairly confused. Supposedly, I'm 14 DPO. My temps are down again today, but still over coverline, and no AF. If I have a 25 day cycle again, AF is due tomorrow. And if I don't get AF tomorrow, I'm looking at either a fairly long LP (much longer than I have ever thought) or an incorrect ov date. Nervous that I might not have OV'd as well, since another website (countdown to pregnancy says I don't have a clear thermal shift). But I guess I should just trust FF?? Anyway, last FRER was negative on Friday (12 DPO), so pretty sure I'm out. But waiting to test till tomorrow and feeling totally fine either way. My only real concern is if I didn't ov, as this month was very stress free, and I wasn't traveling or anything.

OK, I really need to get AF tomorrow. B/w this site and FF, ttc is taking over my life! After reading FF's section discouraging temp adjustments, I just changed on of my temps back (I had adjusted it up by .1F b/c took temp a half hour early) and now FF says my O date was CD12, making me on 13DPO. Seems pretty ridiculous that .1 degree could make that much of a difference. Anyway, please excuse my rambling. :flower: Really hoping for AF at this point so that I can be done with all of this!! (And know what my LP is and general temp patterns are for next cycle!). Hope you are all having a better day than I am - I know Thistle is!!

So, I'm not the only one who is confused!!!
I'm back although I said I would take the week end off!
I'm really sad today, thinking I'm out and also wishing for AF to come ASAP so that I can be free, and start anew. I know how you feel! believe me!
For me, you ovulated: + OPK and temp shift with slow rise, but temp shift obvious! (I'm sure you've seen the anovulatory charts!) - what else can you ask for? I wouldn't worry about this AT ALL!
:thumbup: for not testing !!!
Do you know that a lot of women only get their BFP a week or two AFTER AF was due? You can't count yourself out yet either.
My house is a mess, and I'm worried about the future on top of that. I wish I concentrated more on making important decisions about my career and the country we'll be living in. So, I really need my body to be kind to me, and give me the bad news sooner than later :growlmad:

Monday, if I don't spot, I'll have to change my Ov date, and expect AF on Thursday, as usual.

Found this:
If you are fertility charting with a basal thermometer, or using ovulation tests, you'll know when to begin testing for pregnancy. If pregnant, the amount of hCG in your system should be around 25 mIU at 10 dpo (days past ovulation), 50 mIU at 12 dpo, 100 mIU at around two weeks dpo.

i have heard that, but i think those women don't test for the first time until they miss AF - if that info you posted is right, i'm def out because i tested at 10 DPO (and 11 DPO) with a 25 miu test (frer) and no dice. But, i think that sometimes people don't get their BFPs until later if they don't implant later. did some searches on FF for charts with BFNs on 12 and 13 DPO that later got BFPs and there are a bunch. anyway, im in exactly the same mindset as you - just want AF to hurry up and get here if it's coming so i can start over! sorry you have lots of bigger issues on your mind. are you guys considering going back to france? or somewhere else in the EU? (i personally would love to live abroad but can totally sympathize if that's not what you guys are looking for right now :)) :hugs:

Well girls, temp dropped below the CL for the first time this morning and AF arrived about 15 minutes later, right on schedule. Feeling fine about it, honestly. Glad this month confirmed my LP is longer than I thought it was and feeling positive about going into next month with more data and info about my body. Here's to December babes!! And I am so FX'd for you girls this month - you're not out yet are you? Last I saw, Nicole, your chart looked great! Anyway, updates please!!!

Awwww Joanna! Now I really hope I get AF -asap- so that we can be buddies next month... :wacko:

I just took a test, and BFN - stark white, as you say. I'm 10 dpo so the 25mlU test would have given me a +

I'm counting on AF coming Thursday now. I'm fine about it too. Not feeling sad anymore, just a little mad at DH for not caring "enough".

Happy you're ok, every month we have a new chance right? What are you going to treat yourself to?

Will you be charting next month?

I'll be back tomorrow! Not testing anymore.

Feeling fine. Better than I ever have before when AF arrived, which I totally credit to you girls! I'm still going to keep my FX'd for you - 10 DPO can definitely be too early--I've seen lots of charts with BFNs on 10, 11 and even 12 DPO that show up BFP the next day. You're not out till you're out!! I will definitely be charting next month. Erica, hope you're doing ok - did the spotting go away?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->