33 and looking for early/mid 30s buddy

Nicole, I'm with you. I told my DH this week that AF must be coming because I have been mood swinging. Glad to hear you went out and enjoyed yourself last night. When I was TTC Dom, AF was totally irregular and we literally had only been trying for 2 weeks, it was my anniversary and I tested that morning to makes sure I wasn't pregnant and it was BFN, I had more than a few glasses of wine with my DH for my anniversary and a few beer too. Later that week I tested and got my BFP. I was horrified because I was so bad just a few days earlier...needless to say Dominic came out just fine. Don't fret, letting loose and enjoying yourself isn't a bad thing. :)

Joanna you still have lots of hope hunny! It's still early. I agree though that having the cheapies at home is so tempting. I am thinking of testing tomorrow morning even though I know it won't be positive, it's too soon I think. But I bought 10 and they only cost a dollar so why not. Knowing your testing makes me want to!!

I wholeheartedly agree with this approach! I've heard that even after you get a BFP, for the first week or so, your baby isn't sharing your blood supply (or something like this - can't recall the exact science, but basically because the placenta hasn't developed yet) so a drink or 2 won't hurt at all. And certainly it won't hurt before you get a BFP!

Erica, I def don't recommend my approach--I am just such a huge pessimist I always have to know the worst - in this case getting a BFN every day! If you don't do it, at least you can still have hope! Oh, and I don't think the mood swings mean that either of you are out of the running at all!!

Thanks for listening girls. You're the best!

Awwwww thanks girls!

Joanna, you should def not give up!
Erica, let's NOT test over the weekend. Be strong!
We can all test on Monday, what do you think???
Oh my... i feel the urge to POAS! :wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko::wacko:

Help! Let's be STRONG together! I'll wait for your answer before I do. This is craziness, I'm only 9 dpo :dohh:

Ok, I'm testing!
Early pregnancy test: BFN
I think I will test on Monday, unless I get AF early.
Monday next for everyone?

Nicole - way too early! You might only be 7DPO! Me on the other hand - just tested with a FRER I found from last month and BFN. If I'm really 12 DPO, I'm pretty sure that means I'm done for - if AF is due to show Monday, it should have showed up positive by now (test says it's a 6 day early one). I'm holding out a glimmer of hope that my temp dip on 10DPO was implantation, and that could mean that I wouldn't test positive until tomorrow or Sunday. But really not putting much hope in that. Anyway, I will absolutely wait with you until Monday. I think I'll either have AF by then or get it then, but I'll wait to test. If you girls change your mind and do test, can't wait to hear the results!! Otherwise, Monday it is! :hugs:

Oh Girls! I don't know if I can wait. I've been thinking about it all day! I will do my best.

Joanna, you are def not out. I don't mean to keeo talking about my first pregnancy, but I didn't know until I was 5 weeks along. I had been testing and testing and I didn't even know I was late because my period was so irregular I didn't know when to expect it. Then I finally got the FAINTEST BFP. I went to the Dr. and he send me for an ultasound because I didn't know when my last period was and I was 5 weeks along, so I would have been a week late. You're HCG hormone doubles with each day, you may just not have enough for detection just yet. Don't count yourself out!

I think it's natural that we all think the worst, we're sort of preparing for a BFN so that if we get a BFP we're thrilled.

Something funny my DH said today may get a giggle out of you guys. I told him I really didn't want to wait another month and I just want to be preggers now!! He looked at me with the most sincere look and said "well if you aren't pregnant this month, it just means I'll have to send another batch of baby batter your way":haha:

Maybe it's not as funny as when he said it to me, but I told him I loved him for always knowing how to make the best of every situation. What a goofball!

I will do my best to hold off on the testing!!! We can all stay strong! :hugs:

Thanks lots, Erica! And no worries if you can't hold out - there is no judgment here!! (I mean I have been testing for the last 4 days for crying out loud!!). I love your DH's response. Mine has been responding well to my whining the last couple days too, surprisingly so. Feeling much more like I can be open with him about how I'm feeling about this, which is really helpful.

I hope Dom is feeling better!!

PS - please DO keep telling us about your first pregnancy - it is soooo helpful to have intel from someone who was successful!!

Oh dear. I think the chances of you guys getting a BFP just increased. I went to the bathroom and noticed a minuscule amount of spotting. I think my AF is coming girls:(

Looks like my November baby is not meant to be, here's hoping that I'll still be in the running for a 2011 baby. Goodluck to you guys. I am hoping for you both more than ever.

Erica, just read your last post. First of all, if it truly is AF, think positive!!!
What will you do when you get AF: buy something for yourself, treat yourself to something, you've earned it! Whether it's planning a trip, buying that nespresso machine you've always wanted :shrug: or a whacky hat, taking an aerobic class - whatever makes you feel good. I've been mentally listing the things I will be able to do: drink without guilt, go to zumba class, start going to yoga more often, maybe treating myself to acupuncture more often.
You will be a mom soon!
Oops...editing this: you'll be having a second baby soon!
Gosh... I need to take notes.
It has to be a 2011 baby for us all, whether now or later. You know your body better, your DH is such a sweety!!!!! I told DH we might not be pregnant this month, and he said: "It's never going to happen!" He was so sad. However, he still can't wrap his head around the idea of BDing three nights in a row to up our chances. It still has to be magical and easy :dohh:
Gosh, I don't know what else to say Erica, I hope I'm not making it worse.
Joanna and I are absolutely not guaranteed to get our BFP, actually I'm very pessimistic right now, no big bbs, no "feeling I'm pregnant", no metallic taste in my mouth, no nose bleed, no exhaustion, no dip, only dull cramps and a YI. Wooohooo!

We're sticking together no matter WHAT, it's been too long of a journey, and I love you guys!!! :hugs:

Erica, are you 10 dpo? remind me how long you cycle is and everything please :hugs:
Oh, you've left... well, we'll be waiting for you to post tomorrow!

Hello ladies! Sorry I've been absent, we're on holiday in Costa Rica now! The wireless at our cabin just started to work this afternoon.

Soooo, I POAS on a stick this morning just because. I think I'm 10 DPO (maybe 9, fertility friend just moved my O date forward a day). Annnnyway, the IC sticks were in my stowed luggage, so may have frozen, AND I didn't get back to check on it until about 10 minutes later (instructions say 5).

I think I see a line... and I think maybe it's got color (I inverted the color and stuck that in there too). Thoughts??

Attachments

• stick.jpg
    stick.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 6
Welcome back Thistledown! We missed you! Your chart looks great. As for the IC, I honestly can't tell. When I looked the first time thought I might see something, then looked again and couldn't...Are those the early detection ICs? I've heard only the ones with the pink handle show up early, but not sure if that's a USA thing. Anyway, I'd for sure test again. My ICs for the last 4 days were all stark white, so if you see a hint of anything, that's a good sign!

Goodmorning Girls

Welcome back Thistledown.

Nicole, thank you for your kind words. I was pretty dissapointed:cry: but after feeling bummed last night and talking to DH a bit I am feeling a bit better this morning. I am so lucky to have such good support from you guys. I know it will happen for me, and I will wait as long as I have to.

Yesterday I was 10-11dpo. It isn't uncommon for me to have trace spotting a few days before my AF. With it being such a small amount I really had to be looking for it to see it. My cycles are generally 28-32 days. I expect my AF on the 14 or 15 this month because of when I ov'd.

I guess anything is possible. I'm not totally out until AF comes, but like I said, this is common for me before AF comes, that's why I watch for it. Anyway, if we are successful next month I would have a December baby, my birthday is in December, maybe that will be good luck:)

In my heart I feel like if one of you get your BFP, my BFN will be easier. I know it's not guarenteed, but I am hoping for good news for one of us:hugs:

Erica, just realized I missed your last post!! Sorry about that. I am crossing my fingers and toes that your spotting is just that - some spotting and not the beginning of AF. But as Nicole says, if it is AF, we are in this together - I can't believe how close I feel to people I have never even met! I told DH this morning that this is not going to be our month-my temp dropped pretty significantly this morning, and today is CD24 with my cycle being 25 days the last 2 months and 26 the 2 before that-and I'm actually feeling pretty zen about the whole thing. TBH, really wishing AF would come so we could start the next month! I'm a December baby, and it's the month we got married, so maybe that will be our month!

Hang in there ladies. And do something nice for yourselves today. This is so tough--we deserve it! Lots of :hugs:

Welcome back thistledown! So lucky to be on vacation! Did it help take your mind of ttcing?
I'm 10 dpo too (or 8, but I'm trying to ignore that possibility). What are your symptoms? Good chart! As for the test, I am the worst EVER for reading the lines, I never see what others see.

Erica, you spotted yesterday at 6pm, and this morning, nothing? Usually I spot too, but then period comes the next morning. What's your usual pattern? You're not out until you get a full flow, maybe it's implantation?
Would AF be earlier than usual?

Gosh, ook at us, trying desperately to be pessimistic. Telling our DHs it's not going to happen, bracing ourselves.
Yesterday I thought AF was coming early, and today, poof! No backache, no discomfort. Joanna, temps can really go up and down for a lot of reasons, you should look at other charts on FF (have you?).

We're not out yet!!!

Monday testing?
Thistle, do you want to join? We're trying to put off testing until Monday. NO pressure whatsoever, jsut trying to be strong together :hugs:

Nicole - your chart looks amazing! I think you are def 10DPO, and your temps seem to be steadily climbing, which doesn't look like it was your pattern previously. I think you have a great shot this month!! I'm down to wait to test til Monday. As I said, I really do think I'm out. I have looked at the other charts on FF and haven't seen too many that go down this much at 13 DPO and end up preggers. But you never know. As I said, I really had a breakthrough last night/this morning and am feeling very calm about it for the first time (normally I'd be totally depressed!).

Erica - any update? Nicole is right, if you normally spot the day before AF and you didn't get AF today, or if your spotting is over, there's a good chance it's implantation. Also, I've looked at way too many FF charts and there are a ton with spotting on the day of the positive test!

Thanks Joanna! Although, two months ago my temps didn't go down until AFTER AF (I was sick, but no fever). I haven't bought the VIP membership at FF, so I don't have access to all the charts, it's frustrating! :cry:

Joanna! You're not out YET! However, I'm happy you're so calm about it, that kind of attitude is really helpful to the bunch of us. I'm going to try not to come back to BnB this weekend, I really need the break. Might check on you guys once tomorrow though ;) - especially erica sicne she started spotting.

Thistle! Test again tomorrow. Can't wait! :happydance:

I really hope one of us gets a BFP!!!!!! Would be so exciting!!!!!

Nicole, have you looked at the 2 pg charts threads on here? They have tons of positive charts if you can't see them on ff. I've been researching charts on ff constantly (DH says "obsessively" but what does he know ;)). I know you're trying not to get your hopes up, and I totally support that, but I do think it looks good for you. Keep us posted everyone!

Hey all!

I usually spot 1-2 days before AF and I did have a little this morning after I went to the bathroom. It's a familiar pattern so I feel like I'm out, but I'm actually feeling better about it. I went out and spent some money on myself today. Bought some clothes for my date tonight. Although Dom isn't 100% better, my best friend is gonna watch him because I could use a nice night out with my DH. It's a bit of a bummer BUT lets have a look at the positives...I was able to "meet" you guys this month, I'm learning a lot about my body, I feel closer to my DH, and I feel so much more relaxed this time around. Felt down last night, and now I'm gonna leave that behind and look forward to next month:) I couldn't have felt this way without you girls :hugs:

Nicole your chart looks promising hope you have a great rest of your weekend!

Joanna I hope you have a great time with your sister. Glad you're feeling so calm about everything, I really think having each other has helped with that for me anyway:)

Thistledown let us know if you get your BFP!!!! That would be such great news!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->