• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

33 and looking for early/mid 30s buddy

Hi girlies!
I should ov tomorrow or the next day. And expecting AF (or should I not?) on the 17th, a little later that you girls.
Erica, I bought my thermometer on amazon, with OPKs and a few pregnancy tests. Works fine! I got the BD basal.
So, let's see, Joanna, you ov on the 12th, I'm almost sure of that (unless your temps plunge), so that makes you at 2 DPO. What you can do to get your red lines on the chart is change the temperature on CD 12 to a lower temp (97.6 or 97.7). Try that. Because usually you need a .4 rise to detect that ov took place, and fertilityfriend doesn't always detect ov well when you don't have a chart history yet.

Hi girlies!
I should ov tomorrow or the next day. And expecting AF (or should I not?) on the 17th, a little later that you girls.
Erica, I bought my thermometer on amazon, with OPKs and a few pregnancy tests. Works fine! I got the BD basal.
So, let's see, Joanna, you ov on the 12th, I'm almost sure of that (unless your temps plunge), so that makes you at 2 DPO. What you can do to get your red lines on the chart is change the temperature on CD 12 to a lower temp (97.6 or 97.7). Try that. Because usually you need a .4 rise to detect that ov took place, and fertilityfriend doesn't always detect ov well when you don't have a chart history yet.

Nicole -Thanks I will check there for one. I meant to tell you also, I followed your advice and tested with OPK on Tuesday and no surge was detected. I'm confident I ovulated Monday night, I woke up through the night quite a bit and felt mildly crampy. The cramping and neg opk the next day at least shows I ovulated so even though the temping didn't work out so I'm confident about being 2dpo. I never would have continued with the OPK after I got my positive if you hadn't suggested, so thanks for the recommendation! :)

Joanna, I found this interesting...
On peeonastick.com:
5. Should I keep testing once I get a positive OPK? Nah. Once you get a positive you will probably ovulate within the next 12-36 hours. You should be able to confirm this with a temperature rise and/or dry up of cervical mucus (remember, even when you're charting your temps/mucus as accurately as possible, it's still only accurate within +/- 3 days . . . so if you get a positive OPK, and ovulate 36 hours later, and have a thermal shift/mucus dry-up 3 days after that, you may have a discrepancy of 4.5 days between the positive OPK and NFP signs! That's the outside time range, you'll probably see the temp shift/mucus dry-up sooner than that . . . but just letting you know it's possible!)

If you don't see corroborating signs of ovulation within a few days of your positive OPK, you may wish to test again and see if the OPK is still positive. This may mean your body just got "delayed" and is still trying to ovulate. If you are consistently seeing positive OPK's without other signs that ovulation has occurred, you should talk to your dr.

Thanks, Nicole!! I just tried shifting my temp for CD 12 on FF and it didn't do anything so I'll wait and see if it adds crosshairs tomorrow...I've never been so excited to wake up in the morning before!

Erica - I did the same thing on Nicoles advice (tested after positive OPK and got 2 negatives the next 2 days), and feel much more solid about my ov date as a result. We are so lucky to have Nicole on our team!!

Have a great afternoon (evening) girls!!

My OH just texted me and asked me "So, did you pee on a stick yet today?" :haha:

I'm supposed to OV on Sunday, and AF is due on the 18th (hoping it'll be further away - been taking B Complex vitamins to lengthen my luteal phase!) . Of course, OH had to go back to work this morning until Monday night. :dohh: At least he'll be home Monday now though, earlier this week we thought he wouldn't be home until late Tuesday.

Heyall! It's getting hard to answer everyone!!!!!

Erica, there is a slight chance that you ovulated on Tuesday, since ovulation occurs 12 to 36 h after the surge. 1 or 2 dpo, not a big deal! You're in the TWW!

Thistledown, you'll be ov on Sunday and Dh won't be there? Is that what you're saying?

Joanna, silly me, fertilityfriend gives you lines when you have 3 sustained temperatures after the rise. So maybe tomorrow is the day!
Thanks for the nice words!:hugs:

So, let's recap:
Joanna: 2 DPO, AF on March 14th
erica: 2 DPO, AF on March 14th
Thistledown: should ovulate on Sunday!, AF on March 18th
Emotikalay: Af on march 10-13th
Nicole: should ovulate on thursday, AF on March 17th

Sound right?

Positive OPK! Will Ov tomorrow for sure. So so predictable :wacko:
:sex: tonight! I'll be using all my powers!

Yay!! :happydance: So exciting that we're all so close. This tww is going to be WAY better than my last one!

Thistledown, you'll be ov on Sunday and Dh won't be there? Is that what you're saying?

Yes, that's it exactly. I've been whining about it in various places so much now, I'm probably not explaining it well anymore. :haha: Unless I OV late, OH's going to miss all my most fertile days this month. My only hope if I'm on time is that his swimmers from yesterday are really sturdy and hang in there for 5 days... or they're Olympic champs and zip up to the egg at super speed on Monday. ;)

Good luck and :dust: to you tonight!

My OH just texted me and asked me "So, did you pee on a stick yet today?" :haha:

I'm supposed to OV on Sunday, and AF is due on the 18th (hoping it'll be further away - been taking B Complex vitamins to lengthen my luteal phase!) . Of course, OH had to go back to work this morning until Monday night. :dohh: At least he'll be home Monday now though, earlier this week we thought he wouldn't be home until late Tuesday.

PS Thistledown, that is so great that your OH sends you texts like that! I would love if mine took half the interest! Some part of me thinks that he doesn't want to know the efforts I'm making because then if we don't get a BFP, he'll feel like he's failed. Silly, in my view, but very boy-like I think. Ah well...

Ooh, sounds like OH will be home Monday morning instead of evening now! FXed!

workingttc, yeah, my OH is a keeper. ;) I try not to talk about TTC tooooo much (I obsess easily about, well, everything *lol*) and to keep it light-hearted as much as possible. I told him when I bought royal jelly, and sent him a web page that really played up the virtues of the stuff. We've been having a lot of fun making light of that now. For example, regarding breast problems: "Plus, there is the unexpected benefit of improved appearance and increased girth. Note: women who already have large breasts don't have an aggravation. Apparently, this action is seen only in women with insufficient breast development."
Our conversation: Me: "The royal jelly is all knowing. It just knows if you want bigger boobs or not! Want to try some? It could give you bigger boooooobs..." Him: "If I take royal jelly, will it know to give you bigger boobs for me?" :haha:

good morning, ladies!! (or good afternoon for some?). how is everyone today? thistledown, i love your story about your convo with your DH--it's so key to have a sense of humor about all of this! he does sound like a keeper :) i'm glad he'll be coming back monday morning - i'll be fx'd that you ov a bit later, but it sounds like the egg will still be there waiting by then!

so status is:
nicole: ov day today(!)
erica: 3 DPO, right?
thistledown: ov sunday (18th), with DH back on monday
emotikalay: based on AF target, should be a few days dpo, yes?
joanna: 3DPO

:cloud9::happydance::headspin::wohoo: OH juggled his schedule, he's coming home tomorrow night! :wohoo::headspin::happydance::cloud9:

However, my IC OPKs are confusing me now. :dohh: On the 26th I started to see a faint line, it got darker on the 27th, and on the 28th the line was about 1/2 as dark as the control. Since then, they've gone back to being really faint. Can LH level fluctuate before the peak? Or is it possible I had a really fast peak and OVed crazy early? We DID :sex: that day, so I'm not crazy concerned... other than wanting to be able to keep track of things!
Last month I was using FRER OPKs and they got steadily darker, read positive for 2 days, then tapered back off. I was expecting something similar this month, with lots of time to read a positive...

:happydance::happydance::happydance: So happy for you!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Thistledown, I'm using the sticks with control lines and it's not clear either. We absolutely need to buy the clearblue OPK tests (next time?) because it's really confusing. Yesterday I had what seemed like a pos late afternoon (darker test line) then this morning it is fainter. Does that mean I ovulated last night?
Last time I thought I had two days of positives too and this time I'm not even sure I had a real positive :growlmad:
Anyways, that's why I'm happy I'm taking my temps, it really helps to look at many many signs before pinpointing ovulation.

I don't know what to say to your question! You could go on peeonastick.com, there's a lot of info there.

Hi Thistledown - I'm bad at reading the opks, so I got a digi this time, but from your chart temps, it looks to me like you might have ov'd on the 1st. That would still be consistent with getting a positive opk on the 27th, since you can ovulate as late as 36 hours after the positive opk. Plus it's not really that early to ov (CD 12) - that's when I ov'd too (and when i usually do). I'm no expert, but that's my two cents :)

Nicole, just saw your post - I agree that pee on a stick has great info on opks. Also saw some posts on here in the last few days from a girl who just got her BFP and never had a clear pos on the opk. i definitely think if you're not using the digi, temps are the most reliable predictor. i drove myself batty last month trying to figure out my opk strips - pos one day, neg the next, pos the next...very frustrating!!

Well, Peeonastick says: "... you might see your test darken and then get lighter. It doesn't necessarily mean you missed your surge; some LH (luteinizing hormone) fluctuation is normal, and there are variations in the individual tests as well (some have more or less dye, for instance.)" So I guess I'll keep on peeing on sticks for now. *lol* If I don't detect a proper surge this cycle, I'll think about going back to the FRER tests (they're just so much more expensive :cry:)

CD12 would just be early for me compared to last month (OVed on CD18).

yes, probably unlikely if you ov'd on the 18th last time, but good to know you bd'd early just in case!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->