• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

33 and looking for early/mid 30s buddy

Joanna, I think I did ov on the CD14, I hope I didn't influence your analysis... Maybe I ovulated late that night...
I changed my fertility analysis from FAM (fertility Awareness Method) to Advanced method (FF's interpretation), and they have me ovulating on the 14th...
Now that I think of it, I had dry CM starting on CD16, so I can't have ovulated after CD16 in any case.

Let's just say I'm 5 DPO and call it a day!!!

I know, symptom spotting is the worst... keep us updated though!
:happydance:

Sounds like you've got it sorted out. I agree with the CD14 conclusion (Because I am sooo knowledgeable about this. Riiiiight. :winkwink: )

Anyhooo, I am banning myself from this site or FF until at least 5 pm today. I have to cut myself off. I just adjusted my temp on FF for 2/27 because I took it about a half hour early that day (didn't realize this could make a difference) and now it has me OV'ing on CD11, which makes me 8DPO today. Totally confused. Ah well.

Have a good day ladies...

Sounds like you've got it sorted out. I agree with the CD14 conclusion (Because I am sooo knowledgeable about this. Riiiiight. :winkwink: )

Anyhooo, I am banning myself from this site or FF until at least 5 pm today. I have to cut myself off. I just adjusted my temp on FF for 2/27 because I took it about a half hour early that day (didn't realize this could make a difference) and now it has me OV'ing on CD11, which makes me 8DPO today. Totally confused. Ah well.

Have a good day ladies...

Hey Joanna! You're still here! go! Get busy!!!
I can see Erica too :haha:
talk soon :hugs:

Joanna, looks like Nicole busted us Lol. I am here way too often!

Signing of for the day ladies.....well, maybe:blush:

Have a good one, talk tomorrow.:flower:

Good Morning Girls!

Hope everyone is feeling good today. How is everyone doing in the TWW. Mine is going by quite quickly. I was wondering when everyone planned to test? I think I will wait till AF is late. Last month I had a POAS problem....I was testing every day, this month I am trying to be less crazy about it. If I have a reason to test I will.

What you guys think?

Good morning!

I am embarassed to say I poas'd this morning :blush:...Bought a bunch at the dollar store, so once FF moved my ov date back (I'm now 9DPO), I figured why not...Ridiculous, I know!! It wasn't as upsetting to get the BFN though as it was last month and the month before, maybe because I can tell myself it's still too early...Or maybe I'm just feeling better about this tww...Not sure.

Anyway, I'd say if you can hold out, you should, but if you can't, why not test, as long as it doesn't get you down if it's an early BFN :hugs:

Good morning!

I am embarassed to say I poas'd this morning :blush:...Bought a bunch at the dollar store, so once FF moved my ov date back (I'm now 9DPO), I figured why not...Ridiculous, I know!! It wasn't as upsetting to get the BFN though as it was last month and the month before, maybe because I can tell myself it's still too early...Or maybe I'm just feeling better about this tww...Not sure.

Anyway, I'd say if you can hold out, you should, but if you can't, why not test, as long as it doesn't get you down if it's an early BFN :hugs:

Joanna I'm sorry you didn't get your BFP, but I must admit I giggled a little when I read that you poas this morning because I talked myself out of it too! Take it with a grain of salt, it's still super early for us!:hugs:

I was thinking of trying to find some dollar store cheapies. I have one CB digital in my night stand that I'm saving for when I really have reason to use it. If I can wait that long!:)

I know :) I'm honestly fine with it. Btw, I've heard the CB digis show up pos a lot later than the non-digis, so definitely wait on that one (lots of stories on here about girls with BFPs on even cheap tests before the digis show up). I highly recommend the dollar store ones--they're the only brand I can find her (in the US) that actually tells you on the package what level they test (25 miu). Very impressed with you for holding out!! :thumbup: What DPO are you?

I'm 8dpo. I'm expecting AF around the 14. Usually I spot a day or two before very lightly so I will likely test on the 14th if I haven't had any spotting to indicate AF is coming.

I've looked in some dollar stores here and can't find any tests. I searched online to see what Canadian dollar stores may carry them and I found one store I'll pop into and see what I can find. If I get some cheapies I'll probably lose my resolve for waiting. I'm cheap and I don't want to use up the expensive ones lol.

Good morning girls. How are you today? I'm definitely in a bit of a funk because my temp dropped again today (from 98.4 down to 98.0) - this is the 2nd time - the first was a 7 DPO (or maybe it's 6--my O day keeps changing) and now at 10 DPO (possibly 9). I feel like this has to mean AF is coming, but it would be pretty early, as I'm only CD 21 (usual cycles are 25-27 days). From what I've read, though, your LP doesn't generally change that much, so if you OV early, it's totally possible for AF to feel like it's early but really be on time LP-wise.

Anyway, I'm rambling here. Basically, trying to tell myself that I'm still not below the coverline, still no spotting or anything to indicate AF has arrived, and I've seen PG charts with 2 dips, even at this late in the cycle, so maybe I'm ok??

Thanks for listening :blush:

Good Morning!

Joanna- I'm not totally sure about the explanation for the temperature shift. It does seem a bit early for your AF to come. You aren't out of the running until it does!!:thumbup:

The hardest part of this process is trying to figure out what's happening with our bodies. For me, I hate not having control over it!! Try not to think about it too much (ha! ya right). :hugs:

Thanks, Erica! :hugs: Trying to tell myself that...It is sooo frustrating not knowing what's going on. I have to stop obsessing!

I totally understand. I don't know why, but this month the TWW has gone by so fast for me. I haven't really been symptom spotting or anything. I guess it's because I got my hopes up so high last month and I just can't do that to myself again. I have a great weekend planned to help keep my mind of the wait. My hubby and I have a date night out planned:happydance:So excited because it's been a while, and we're having my nephew over for a sleepover and game night which my little guy will LOVE and also a family supper. Strategic planning on my part to keep me feeling happy and relaxed:blush: At least this way if I start to have AF symptoms I'll have a hot bath and a maybe shed a few :cry: but I'll at least have something to look forward to in the evenings.

That sounds lovely! Making plans to take your mind off all this is definitely the ticket. I think my problem is I sit in front of a computer all day, and right now I'm not super busy at work, so there's just way too much time to over-analyze. Luckily, I've been trying to avoid "symptom" spotting (since I'm pretty sure that I really can't be having "symptoms" until at the very least after implantation, and really, more likely, after a positive test). It's really the temp-ing that's making me crazy this time...it gives me something to do on fertility friend because I look at other charts to see if they have the same temp pattern...May have to bag it next month!

How old is your little one?

I'm slow at work too! I'm glad you are as well so that I have someone to chat with:winkwink:

I think the fact that thermometer didn't work probably wasn't a bad thing for me. I still used the opk and felt confident when I o'd because of that and my CM. After my disappointment last month, I needed less of a focus on it this month and temping may have been a bit too much. That is part of the reason I haven't replaced it yet. I keep putting it off and telling myself if it doesn't happen this month maybe I'll resume temping next time, but honestly this has been the most relaxed I've been yet and I'm glad for it.

My son Dominic is 3 years old. He'll be 4 April 16. If something were to happen and I wasn't able to have more kids, he would be more than enough for me. He is my little sweet pea:flow:

I'm not sure if we'll have more after this one. I would love 3 or 4 kids but my DH is unsure because kids are so expensive and he grew up poor and doesn't ever want to worry about struggling to give them what they need. I have a feeling he will change his mind, he wants this baby SO bad, when his baby fever kicks in again he'll be wanting 3. :winkwink:

How many children do you want? How long have you been married?

Hi! My husband and I just got married, actually, last December (so started ttc right after the wedding). We were a bit late to the marriage party (he's 35 and I'm 33) but I feel so lucky we finally found each other! Do wish we could have a bit more time before we had to worry about ttc, but given that we want more than one, probably best to start now.

Dominic sounds like he is at the best age! Must be so nice to have him to distract you from this madness! I know I'd be happy with just one, but I think we're going to try for 2...we'll see how long this round takes! DH would love to have 3 or 4 - a "team" as he puts it - but I'm pretty reluctant to do that because ideally I'd like to have a gap like you have between babies, so the oldest gets some time with just us (can you tell I'm an oldest child? ;)). If we are trying to have 3 or 4, seems like they'd have to be pretty close in age.

Oh, and I think I agree with you on the temp'ing. If I hadn't done it, I think I'd still be confident I ov'd, and I wouldnt be in a total funk today before AF has even arrived!! Sometimes a little knowledge is worse than none at all!

:hi: GIRLS!!!

I posted an answer yesterday and it didn't appear! Maybe I didn't have any battery left at the time? :shrug:
Anyhow, I'm so glad you guys are remaining positive and cool. Makes me feel all the more relaxed. I agree with not symptom spotting before 10 dpo, still, I'm having a hard time myself...
Joanna, I wouldn't worry about your temp dip at all. It doesn't mean you're pregnant, it doesn't mean you're not.
I agree with the temping now! I tried to temp less because I wanted to be more relaxed. Well, I was so relaxed that I didn't take my temps after O and now I don't know if I'm 5 or 7 dpo :dohh:, although it seems pretty clear I ovulated.
Yesterday I went to a dancing class and had one cigarette that night. Wooo... taking big risks here!!! So WHAT? I haven't even implanted yet right?

Here's to girls and ttc in a relaxed state \\:D/

Hi Nicole! Dancing class sounds like so much fun - what kind?

Thank you both for helping me stay positive - I am feeling sooo much better than when I first woke up this morning! I still think that this is our month, and if it's not, I know we're all well-adjusted and cool enough to be ok!

Fx'd for a BFP for at least one of us though! I'm terrible at math (I'm a lawyer, which is what people who can't do math and science do :)), but I think the probability on that has to be pretty good!

Nicole! I missed you. I wondered why we hadn't heard from you yesterday. Glad your back:hugs:

I definitely think our odds are good this month girls. We have about a 20% chance right? so 1 in 5....well there were 5 ladies posting in this thread this month so 1 of us is bound to get our BFP. :happydance:

Nicole- about your cigarette, I plan to have a glass or two of wine on my hot date with DH this weekend if I don't have a BFP of course. Looks like we're both whooping it up!

I'm so bored at work I am literally checking this site every 20-30 min:dohh: Sorry for the over-posting today....I literally have run out of other things to do:blush:

Good to hear from you!!!!

Food for thought: https://www.pregnancyloss.info/sperm_meets_egg_plan.htm
Well, apparently, we shouldn't count on sperm living 5 days (duhhhh) and the O sticking around more than 12 hours.
Funny that this makes me feel better!

Yes, 1 of us has got to get a BFP!!! :happydance:

Missed you two/too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back