38 and TTC first baby, anyone else?

gonimi-My obgyn gave me a bunch of different sample prenatals to try. She said that some of them sit better than others, so maybe the kind you are taking isn't good for you. I would try another brand, if you can, and ask your doctor for samples so you can try out a few different things. Some of them tasted yucky, or made me constipated, but I found one I don't mind taking. Sorry for AF too. It's a bummer. :hugs: Treat yourself to some ice cream or something good, and then it's time to get started again. Chin up! You're not alone. :friends:

I also got sick with my prenatals and had to take a specific brand. Nurse was told to take them before bed instead of the morning. Worked a treat.

Thanks Clizard and terripeachy for prenatal tips. I'll try the taking them at night idea for sure.

tui; how are you doing? Lola and Skweek where are you guys in your cycles? Booger you said you were CD10 two days ago, so I guess you are having some fun right now?:winkwink: I guess people are more active on TWW which seems to be the most nerve wracking part.

I am CD 4 with both good and worrisome things. On the good side. My partner and I are going on a beach vacation next week which should be a good setting for TTCing...:) On the more worrisome side, the constant thirst i experienced in TWW is still here, along with some other symptoms. Had a full round of labs done yesterday, because i got worried about diabetes (some of it runs in family). I should hear back today. I am really crossing my fingers I don't have it. But I am also learning how to go about enjoying my life without letting worries destroy it, which should be good practice if one is TTC...right ladies?

Hope everyone is well. I don't know what baby dust is but you seem to throw it around a lot in here, so here's some from me too. :dust:

Thanks gonimi, that's sweet. Hope your tests come back ok. Try not to worry. Your holiday sounds perfect for a little baby dancing.

I'm good here. A bit tired, mainly because I have hurt my neck and shoulder, so sleeping or staying in one position is painful. Difficult to sort it out without pain killers and anti inflammatory pills. Going to have to see a chiropractor eventually. May have to wait a bit as not sure if they are pregnancy friendly.

Tui, oh no! I know exactly what that means as I have dealt with shoulder and neck pain for a long time. I recently discovered that it was related to the downward dogs I was doing in my yoga in the mornings. Have skipped downward dogs since finding out and can still do really good yoga practice with much less pain. I did go to physical therapy and found out that I have a weak core that I needed to strengthen and gave me exercises for retraining body posture. Those help so definitely, you might want to consider a visit later on. I am sure they have specific things they can do with pregnant women too (if you docs ok this of course).

Re pain: there are these pillows stuffed with beans or other materials (they are heavy but soft) which you can stick in the microwave for a minute. The pillow warms up and you can put it on your shoulder. It actually really helps with pain relief. Check your pillow too. If you are using one that is too big that can be causing problems too. Finally, sleeping on your tummy is a real no no for the back. If you are doing it you should start changing. Probably good practice for those later months when you will no longer be able to do it anyway:wink wink:

Hope you feel better!

Thanks hun, I have those wheat bags and they are good. Just been using a hot water bottle. The reason I need a chiropractor is because I found an article last night about the bump I have on my neck, and it said it causes the exact muscle problem I have in my shoulder. Never put the two together but it all makes sense. The bump is caused by looking down at computer screens etc. I've had it for a few years but never worried about it. If you Google dowagers hump you can see what I mean. Mine is not as bad as some of those pics though! It can be sorted but I think you need a chiropractor to sort out the muscular - skeletal connection/correction.

Hi ladies,
gonimi - I'm having my implant out on Friday. Only had it in a year but the last 9 weeks have been hell! Constantly feeling pregnant and bleeding! No fun!
Oh yes! Beach holiday just what the ttc fairies ordered! Have LOTS of fun! ! :winkwink:

Tui - I would recommend seeing a chiropractor. Love my chiro for sorting out my back. Used to get spasms in my lower righthands side of my back.

Afm - dd started getting sick again yesterday morning and I started bleeding again yesterday! ! Starting to think this is all related.
My head is all over the place at the mo. Knot in my stomach and don't really want to eat! Hoping going to work today will keep my mind off all this.

Sorry you aren't feeling too great. Should be better when you get that horrid thing out?

Got an appointment with a chiropractor tomorrow morning. Hope he can fix me or I'll look like one of those hunchback old women !

ok great news! I am not diabetic, anemic, or have hypothyroidism...It's incredible how crazy I can drive myself. They are still checking for vitamin D deficiency though and will know in a week. So constant thirst which has not ceased even though i got my period is probably just me being mental...I really hope I can get pregnant soon, because I am not sure how well I can weather all these ups and downs. This is really tough. I was so worried that I am diabetic and would need to hold off TTC while on the beach next week. but no. We can just go for it.

Skweek sounds no fun! I hope you feel better soon...!

The tip on taking prenatals at night seems to be working. Thank you!

Hi Ladies,

I just typed an entire post on my phone only to have it tell me I wasn't logged in when I hit the post button........Grrrrrrrrrr. Now, I'm going to try from my computer.

Gonimi - That is wonderful news! It's easy to diagnose ourselves with everything under the sun when Dr. Google is around. I had a Vitamin D deficiency last year and took some prescribed supplements for awhile. Not sure if they did anything or not as we never did any blood-work after taking the supplements. Oh well. Your beach trip sounds fantastic!!! Enjoy your trip and have fun with DH while you're there.

Tui - Sorry to hear about your neck and shoulder. Hopefully, the chiropractor can get you straightened out and feeling better. How are you feeling otherwise?

Skweek - That implant sounds like it's being a pain in the ass. How frustrating. Getting it out will surely help you feel better. Sorry that your daughter is not feeling well, either. :(

How is everyone else doing? Ready for the weekend?

AFM - I am currently on CD 13 and my stupid monitor is still reading low. I had a negative OPK last night too. Looking back at some of my past cycles, this isn't really unusual. I guess I'm just getting so impatient that I can't even wait to ovulate! I am just afraid I am not going to ovulate this cycle, which is totally irrational and ridiculous because it's never happened before. Maybe I've just gotten so impatient because this is our sixth cycle TTC and if it doesn't work, I'm going to the Dr. Also, our 1 year wedding anniversary is coming up in July and I was just so sure I was going to be pregnant before then. I hate being wrong! :p

hi girls !!
I'm back ! I spent 3 days moving and cleaning, I'm so tired!
Glad to see everyone is ok here. I didn't temp for 2 days.. but I'll start again tomorrow. CD7 here, I should O next week I guess.

Hi everyone. I want to join in. I have been ttc #1 for over a year and still nothing but I still am trying :)

Hi everyone. I want to join in. I have been ttc #1 for over a year and still nothing but I still am trying :)

Welcome honey, tell us about yourself. What have you been trying / taking to help this long old process ?

Well I loooove my chiropractor. I practically floated out of his office. He thinks he can sort out my problem. I feel loads better already. Scared the crap out of me all that cracking but it didn't hurt. The massage did though. Got homework to do with a towel until I see him next week.

Welcome back, Lola! Moving is always so exhausting - sounds like it went well though?

Welcome, Wcpp! You've found a lovely group of ladies here - we are all in the same boat. My DH and I have been trying for almost a year, with only about 6 cycles of actually trying (a few cycles where we were NOT trying too). We'll see what happens this cycle. If no luck, then I am headed to get checked out.

Tui - Glad the chiropractor got you feeling a bit better. The cracking is a bit nerve-wracking but it's amazing how much better one can feel after going.

As for me, the monitor went straight to Peak this morning! Gah! Oh well, we did the deed last night and will try again tonight, and then maybe on Sat. Guess that's the best we can do this cycle. Then it's on to the two week wait......

I hope everyone has a lovely weekend!!

Thanks ladies.
Welcome back lola! Glad the move went well.
Tui- chiro's are simply amazing people. Glad you are feeling better!
Wcpp - welcome to our group!

AFM - expecting to get very little sleep tonight. Seems like dd sickness the other day was a stomach bug after all. OH has the stomach bug now. What are the chances I evade it? I'm thinking slim to none! Oh well will try make the most of the weekend.
Hope you all have an amazing weekend!

Hello ladies I am pleased to join you. I am 38 years old, pregnant 6 weeks with firts bb. I am so happy but at the same time scared of having an etopic pregnancy, because I had twice chlamydia. 4 days after miss period on May 9th beta was 198 and four days later 1076. What do you guys think? I have an ultrasound on Tuesday May 20th to see if everything is ok. I am so scare, I have no pain at all in pelvic area. My breast start hurting 2 days ago. They really do hurt now. But the nipples won't hurt at all. I am hungry every 3 hours . I hope everything goes well on Tuesday so I can enjoy this pregnancy.

Please pray for me
Aliya

Hi Aliya, I'm sure everything will be just fine. Congratulations.

Hi girls, I am around and reading reading your posts. Been a bit stressed about finding work so a bit quiet. Thinking of you all. Hope your weekend is going ok xx

Hello! And welcome to the new ladies! Tell us more about you!
Tu, I'm glad to see you're ok!
Booger good luck and I hope the tww will go fast!

Hi Tui thank you for your kind message :flower: have a healthy and happy pregnancy xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->