38 and TTC first baby, anyone else?

Sounds complicated, hope all goes well.

Terri, I love your picture !
and I hope it works for you !
12 DPO here, tested BFN this morning. Af should arrive tomorrow if I have a 26 days cycle..

Sorry lola, could be a shy one, you never know.

Tui, I hope you don't mind me butting into your thread as I'm knew. I just wanted to say congratulations on your pregnancy!

Seeing it happen for you gives me a lot of hope as we're the same age.

Again, congratulations!! :)

Hi ladies!

It has been a busy week so I haven't had much time to read or respond.

Tui, I hope your beta progression goes well. Still so excited for you - i'm hoping there is luck for all us in this thread!

Lolo, sure do hope that AF stays away. I guess you'll know soon enough (although it's never soon enough in the TWW, or I guess sometimes it could be too soon, I don't know what I'm trying to say.........ramble on.

Nikki, not having internet is so difficult. It's had to believe how much we rely on it these days. Kind of crazy and sad - but I sure do love so I wouldn't want it to go away.

Terri, I hope your IUI works. I know you do to. Would be nice to see some more happiness!

How is everyone else doing?

CD 6 for me so the fun should commence soon. Right now it looks like ovulation should occur next weekend - while we are supposed to be on a camping trip. Should be an adventuresome time! Other than that, things are good and I am loving springtime.

Tui, I hope you don't mind me butting into your thread as I'm knew. I just wanted to say congratulations on your pregnancy!

Seeing it happen for you gives me a lot of hope as we're the same age.

Again, congratulations!! :)

Thank you. Still sinking in really.

You are more than welcome to join us. Tell us about yourself :hugs:

Booger, sounds like a fun trip. I like camping. Don't scare the wildlife now :haha:

How is everyone else doing?

Got my first appointment with the midwife today. Seems way too early but they book up quick here. Should get results from blood test too. 2.5 days between tests so I hope it's doubled like it's supposed to. Really nervous.

I had my first midwife appointment today. She is great, really nice. Won't see her till 16 weeks now but she said to call or text if I have any questions, or pop into her clinic anytime. Got my papers for booking 12 week scan and bloods etc.*

Hcg levels back, 12dpo = 66, 15dpo = 222, I think that's good yes?

Tui that's very good ! that peanut seems to be a sticky one !

Boogers, I hope that camping trip will be good !

as for me, I'm out. I knew it so no sadness. Just happy I'm regular now, 26 days cycles. C5 now.

Hi ladies,
Sorry I've been MIA Had a crazy busy week at work this week! So glad its the weekend!
Tui - WOW!!! Those numbers are better than expected! Your little bean has sure settled in to its cosy little spot and is going nowhere!!

Boogers - I'm so jealous of your camping trip. Hope you have fun and oh yes make the most of it!! :winkwink:

Lola - onwards and upwards! FXed this is your magic cycle!!

Nikki - hope you aren't waiting as long as expected for your internet to be reconnected.

Terri - FXed all goes well for you this cycle!!

AFM - saw my GP today to have implant removed to find out I should have requested a double appointment! BOOHOO!! So implant still in and waiting till next Friday to have it removed. She did try really hard to convince me to keep it in. She offered me meds to stop the bleeding!
I also tried to explain to her that I want a few artificial hormone free cycles before starting TTCing in a few months(as soon as we have moved) she told me its possible to fall pregnant within a few weeks of having it removed.
On the house move front - had an estate agent round today to value our house. Hoping to get our house on the market in the next week. So I'm on mission clear out as of tomorrow. Have a few kitchen cupboards I need to sort out tomorrow -mainly meds, baby bottles and sippy cups. So I think I have my weekend cut out for me!

Hope you all have a good weekend!!

Skweek, how did it go with the house? I hope you didn't tire yourself with all the cleaning and sorting!

I wouldn't worry too much about the implant hormones, I thought the same about the pill but doc said no need to wait, get trying straight away. I had been on it for 20 years too! Start the folic acid asap though, just in case. The month I got pregnant I had been taking prenatal vits, I'm sure they helped too.

As for me, getting a bit restless as I hate waiting. Nothing to look forward to till 12 week scan and bloods. Never thought I would be jealous of someone having morning sickness :haha: want some symptoms!

Lola, booger, nikki, you girls have shorter cycles too I see. Won't be long till the :sex: begins !

One of the reasons I want to get the implant out is I want to give my body a break and see what its going to do. When I was 17 yrs I was diagnosed with PCOS. I have been told by many that pregnancy cures/sorts out PCOS. So I'm interested to see what my cycles are going to do. I am also still BFing my 18 month old dd.
So really not sure what my body is going to do. Also not sure I'm going to be successful at temping again as DD still wakes in the night. So would really like to see how regular my cycles will be before TTCing again.

Hi everyone. Sorry to butt in. Turning 38 in a few days and TTC #1. I can barely keep up with all your initials. I have to google every other minute. Like what's POAS, even had to look up BFP, BFN, lol.

Tracked ovulation with kit this month. I am 13 DPO I think. I spent the last ten days experiencing weird symptoms and thinking I am pregnant. Sore boobs, fatigue beyond control, crazy thirsty all the time. On 11DPO I had light bleeding. Initially got disappointed then found out about IB then convinced myself that was it. I have spotted on 12DPO as well as today and I have a feeling I am getting my period now. (What do y'all call it in here? The witch?:haha:) I tested BFN on 7,9,10 DPO and then stopped because I didn't want to see any more negatives.

I am amazed at how crushed I am feeling. I really don't know how I will be able to sustain this over several cycles. This is really, really hard. Sorry, don't mean to be a downer. I am also really amazed at my body's capacity to produce symptoms without an actual pregnancy. Spectacular production of symptoms!

I still don't have flow though, so i think my subconscious is still holding out for the possibility that it's IB over three days. Would you test in my place if there's still only spotting by tomorrow?

Hi Girls..hope everyone is doing well.

Tui - I know waiting is hard. I am also an impatient person but was suprisingly very calm with my DS. With the last 2 pregnancies passing each day was hell. How are you feeling today? I had no symptoms with DS until 5 weeks but it wasnt really bad.

Still no internet..Boo :( Using fone data which sucks.

hello girls !!

gonimi, welcome !
How long have you been trying? did you take BCP? (birth control pill?) Cause I did, and my 1st month I had all the symptoms too, nausea, fatigue, sore boobs and all.. and I was 4 days late...
But it could still be your bfp !! do you know when AF ( your period) is due? As we say, there's still hope if Af is not here !
I know it's hard and hope we get it fast, but here you will find nice people, and it's actually helping to talk about it !

Skweek, I'm moving too, this week... so much things to do !! and I hope I get internet back fast !!
Boogers? CD 10? how are you?

Here CD4, not much to say... :coffee:

Hi gonimi, welcome to the bunch of old farts :haha:
I felt the same as you when I first joined, don't worry, you will soon pick up the lingo and be poas with the rest if us :rofl:

Hi nikki, all good with me thanks. Nothing new to report.:coffee: glad you are still checking in :hugs:

Hi lola :hi:

Hi everyone,

thanks for the warm welcome. I did get my period today, which was very sad. It was just amazing to realize how sad it actually made me feel not to be pregnant, even though this is only really my first cycle trying...:cry:

Quick question in re to AF. How do i count for my next cycle? I got spotting with very little red blood but no flow on Friday and Saturday and then flow on yesterday night. My impulse is to say first day of cycle was yesterday but wanted to check with you.

I was on the pill for 8 years. Got off it a year and a half ago (without trying to get pregnant though). My cycle is pretty regular even though lately it has been slightly shorter than before (26-7 rather than 28).

I am taking prenatals, which are however making me feel very nauseous even though I take them with food...Anyone else had that problem?

I have not had time to read through all your threads but I will so that I catch up with where you all are...

It does feel good to talk about this. So thanks everybody!

Hi Ladies,

Hope you all had a good weekend and a great start to the week.

Welcome Gonimi - if af arrived really late last night then I would count today as CD1. Otherwise yesterday is CD1 - if you get what I mean? I so know what you mean about all the symptoms! It really made me crazy last time I was TTCing!
As for all the abbreviations - I'm having to relearn some of them! I've been off this site for over a year! lol

Nikki - any word on when you are getting internet reconnected?

Lola - I'm so jealous of your move!! I just want to be out of this house already! GL with your move! Hope it all goes smoothly!!

AFM(as for me):winkwink: just sitting here watching my dd sleep. I really should be using this time to catch up on work (planning a lesson for a lesson observation tomorrow) but I'm really not in the mood for working right now!

Hi ladies!

Sorry - this weekend was busy, even though I couldn't even really tell you what I did. :)

Welcome, gonimi! It is a bit of a learning curve to learn all the acronyms and terms. Kind of amazing that there is this whole world of trying to conceive (TTC) stuff out here that I had no idea even existed until I started charting and trying to learn about it. It's kind of fascinating!

Tui -oh man, I can be impatient too so I can't imagine what it's like to be waiting for the next milestone in the process. I'm sure when you look back on it it will seem like it flew by - but it never seems to feel like that when you're going through something.

Lola - yes, I have short cycles too, which I guess is good thing. I would rather have short cycles than some of the poor ladies I see on Fertility Friend who have 50-60 day cycles. I think that would be so hard to deal with. On the other hand, I do wonder if my luteal phase (LP) which averages 11 days could be causing some issues. Hard to know, really. I know that's not considered "short" but I would feel better if it was a little longer!

Skweek - lots going on for you right now! Being busy can be both a blessing and curse, I think. But with a little one, I imagine it's more difficult. Hoping your house selling and move go smoothly! I hate moving (the physical moving part - packing and unpacking, etc) just about more than anything in the world so I don't envy that part.

As for me, I am at CD 10 so I guess the "fun" should commence tonight. My monitor started asking for sticks on CD 7 and has been showing low, which is normal. My guess is that it will start showing high tomorrow. My average ovulation day tends to be CD 15 so it's not far off. Sure am hoping this will be our successful cycle. My best friend (who is also my cousin), her husband, her daughter, her mother and my mother are all coming to visit in July and it would be fun to tell them the news in person. (I'll most certainly have to spill the beans if I am pregnant because my husband makes his own beer and we usually drink quite a bit when they are around. They will notice if I go a whole week without imbibing. Otherwise, I plan to wait until after the first trimester to tell anyone - they'll have to be sworn to secrecy! But i'm getting way ahead of myself here......................)

How's everyone doing otherwise?

Hi Girls,

Gonimi - FF counts CD1 as first day of proper flow, not spotting, if that helps. Sorry it arrived by the way :hugs: you realise when you start ttc how hard it actually is!

I take prenatals too but they don't make me sick. I did have orange wee one morning though :dohh:

We all seem to have shorter cycles here. As long as the LP is 10 days or more it won't make a difference. I think they are better as the TWW comes round quicker!

Have a great day girls.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->