38 and TTC first baby, anyone else?

good morning, girls!

mdc - still grinning like an idiot ear to ear for you!!! :hugs:

ellie - mdc is all about the PMA so I think we should all adopt that! so I'm going to say that your dip was implantation and any testing done before tomorrow is too early to catch a bfp! :)

dandi - same for you!

sugar - how was the procedure? do you know how that's different than an HSG? congrats on the ewcm - that's great!

hello to everyone else! star, maui, left, kiley, jessie, pothole....I know I'm forgetting some but that's part of being in this 'geriatric' group, right? memory loss? ;)

afm - nothing new here. Had a great weekend but probably too much wine. I need to get back on the healthy horse. I am making myself get up at 6am one of these days to go to kickboxing or TRX. I know once I do one class, it'll be easy to do more. It's just that first one that's sooooo hard!

AF showed during the night. That makes 2 months in a row that I've had a shortened lp. Grrr! I'm setting up an RE appt as soon as I wrap things up with my doc about my thyroid.

dandi - how short was your lp? would your thyroid be impacting that at all?

you know, I just thought of something, mdc - you predicted that we'd get 2 BFPs in a row on this thread! BOOM!!! you + Left!! :happydance:
what are the next predictions?? :)

My procedure went well. It's like a D&C but not everything is removed. The endometrium is examined and any polyps are removed. The doc didn't meet with me after but he told DH things went well. The post op appointment is aug 10. I'm hoping they got everything out of there.

When I saw the ewcm I thought id ask hubby if he wanted to try. He surprised me when he said he still wanted to try the "real way". We actually broke the rules a little bit by dtd 2 days earlier than the 5 day pelvic rest. I took the antibiotics and i couldn't resist my O signs!

Oh Dandi, I'm so sorry, that sucks. I really hope you get some answers soon. 4 months ago, ad turned up 5 days early and it threw me, because I'd never been that early before. Do you have any idea why yours has done it 2 months in a row? xxx

Sugargully, I'm glad the procedure went well and I'm sure 3 days pelvic rest is probably plenty ;)

Afm, I've had sharp pains pulling inside my tummy today, kind of in behind my belly button. It was really bad earlier, but has eased off a bit. I asked Dr Google and could only find Round Ligament Pain that described it properly, but that is really only meant to happen in the 3rd trimester, lol! I want to have PMA and say this is a good sign, but... well, you know.

Last month was 12 days, this month was 11, with spotting starting as soon as 9dpo. The thyroid issues could be causing it, but I just think it's weird that I used to have perfect cycles until my mc. I feel like if it was my thyroid it would have been wonky like that for a while, but who knows, it could even be my fibroid I guess. Anxiously awaiting the call to go in for the thyroid ultrasound results.

Sugargully, so glad you were able to get it done and over with. I think 3 days is fine as long as you felt ok with it. Keep us posted on your follow up! Also, auto correct on my new tablet wants to change your name to Shamefully and it makes me laugh. =)

Dandi, that stinks. I'm so sorry. But getting in with a good RE is going to turn things around so fast. I just know it.
Sugar, I'm cheering for you!
Ellie, hang in there. PMA, all the way.

Afm, I am uncomfortable, but if it's big happy follies, I'll take it. It's not really pain; more like solid pressure and an overly full feeling. And it's all on my left side, which is the good side. My follicle scan is Wednesday at 8:30. Iui will be determined after that. I just made an acupuncture appointment for Thursday. After reading up on it, I really should have started acupuncture 3-4 months ago, but if it gives me any help at all, then better late than never. I'm nervous. My mum is an RN, so I've had a strong education in Western medicine and not much else. I don't really do well with things I don't understand. I'll try just about anything, though. I want this so badly.

just go with it, pothole....

https://dc-theme.dreadcentralmedi.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/pinhead.jpg

:haha:

Dandi, well crap on the witches head! Sounds like the thyroid is not helping so I hope it gets sorted out ASAP! Speaking of autocorrect mine always tries to correct to to Randi I always chuckle because it is so close to getting 'randy'. :haha:

Wish, you are right I forgot about my prediction! I will consult my inner psychic and come up with a new on soon...cannot rush these thing you know. :rofl:

Sugar, so happy the procedure when well and you are back in the saddle. They are usually pretty conservative about post op rest, but I do not blame you for not ignoring your signs. Good luck! Hopefully removing the fibroids gives a great landing pad for you next fertilized egg.

Ellie, I don't mean to get your hopes up, but I had the same thing a couple days before I got my BFP. I looked it up on Dr. Google and read the same thing and was disappointed....but the awesome ladies on this site said it was one of their first symptoms looking back on it...so when do you TEST?!?!?

Pothole, good luck with the scan and the acu!

:dust:

Lol "Shamefully"! That's cute!

Kinda describes how I seduced hubby to get him in the mood the other day. He was game but still needed his obligatory motorcycle ride and "Sanford n Son" dvd marathon to get him to unwind. I SHAMEFULLY went along with the testosterone fest so we could enjoy some afternoon bd!

Dandi- I wish that witch would ride her broom to the moon. We're all sick of her. Hope it gets sorted soon.

Ellie- you're so close to test day!

Pothole- Will you have a trigger shot with the IUI? Praying for excellent follies!

Kinda describes how I seduced hubby to get him in the mood the other day. He was game but still needed his
obligatory motorcycle ride and "Sanford n Son" dvd marathon to get him to unwind. I SHAMEFULLY went along with the testosterone fest so we could enjoy some afternoon bd!
That made me giggle - my husband needs guitar playing and/or killing people on some hideous warfare PS4 game to help him chill out. I tried to seduce him when he got home from work but putting on a skimpy little number, but he was more interested in telling me about what he'd bought in the supermarket, so I got in a strop and went to get changed. If it had been the fertile window, I'd probably have been a bit more pushy!!!

Ellie- you're so close to test day!

I know, I wish I had not tested yet and just waited! 4 wasted tests so far... I have my gynae hospital appointment tomorrow and then af due on Thursday so I should not test tomorrow, but I know I will!

You know the analysis bit of fertility friend? The pregnancy monitor thing is giving me 62 points for early pregnancy signs... How accurate is this thing? I suppose it's just a bit of fun, but it keeps going up.

these tales of seduction are cracking me up, only b/c I suck at it! I envy you all!

ellie - back still hurt? any other niggles??

pothole - how are you feeling?

krasa - you've been quiet. where you at, girl?

My back is still really sore... Is that a good sign? It usually hurts on the first day of my period and sometimes the day before but I've never been aware of it hurting for several days before. I'm also very tearful, but that's probably more down to my shattered nerves!

I'm totally useless at seduction. I felt like a drag queen when I put sexy lingerie on last night and that's why I got so stroppy when he didn't immediately ravage me!!!

How long have you girls been on this forum? It's funny, but I've been in a few other forums in the past for non-pregnancy things, but I really resisted joining up for this. Not sure why, maybe I was worried that joining would be admitting it wasn't just happening. Now I've started chatting to others, it's been really helpful. Somehow helps me put things in perspective and it is reassuring that I'm not the only one having these crazy thoughts and worries. Also, seeing people getting a bfp after things not happening straight away shows that it does happen and gives me huge hope.

Oddly enough, my dh has taken more interest in things since I've been chatting in forums. Maybe because I don't try to get him to discuss it all the time... he's even started asking me about my temps the past couple of days!

Right, I'm going to find a distraction for a few hours then I've got zumba later tonight, yay! xxx

mdc - oh my God, HUGE congratulations! Haven't been on in a week mostly due to work and then come back to amazing news!

So lovely to hear!

So I'm continuing with weirdness. After a very early and very unusual visit form AF, it seems I was surging at 6dpo. I feel like I don't know my body at all since ttc! I'm getting pinching and gurgling and feel like AF is coming again. Must be ovulating pain right?

Ellie - I've only been on here a couple of weeks. Just started 3rd cycle of ttc and it's really throwing me and my super regular cycle for a loop. It is sooooo comforting to know that I am not alone with the symptom spotting and all the craziness every two weeks. It's weird though, this cycle I'm even symptom spotting in the first half of cycle, just cos everything feels so strange.

Eugh...sometimes I wish I was a man :/

ellie - your back pain can be a sign, I'd imagine! perhaps all of the muscles in your core starting to move or loosen up to prep for the uterus growing?

I've been on BNB for about a year and a half - since Jan of '14 or so. I don't know how long I've been on this particular thread, though.

Sara - glad you popped in! your details confuse me a little, though - when was your unusual AF? 'dpo' = days post ovulation, so your 6dpo surge confused me if it came after AF. Did you mean cd6 (cycle day 6, cd1=first day of AF)? Did you have a different AF, like was it quick? just wondering if you should test at all, if it came earlier, didn't last as long and then 6 days later you're having pinching and gurgling? INTRIGUING!! :)

ellie - your back pain can be a sign, I'd imagine! perhaps all of the muscles in your core starting to move or loosen up to prep for the uterus growing?

I've been on BNB for about a year and a half - since Jan of '14 or so. I don't know how long I've been on this particular thread, though.

Sara - glad you popped in! your details confuse me a little, though - when was your unusual AF? 'dpo' = days post ovulation, so your 6dpo surge confused me if it came after AF. Did you mean cd6 (cycle day 6, cd1=first day of AF)? Did you have a different AF, like was it quick? just wondering if you should test at all, if it came earlier, didn't last as long and then 6 days later you're having pinching and gurgling? INTRIGUING!! :)

Oops...yes, I meant CD6. So my cycle - I have been using a period tracker for years - is 27/28 days. AF always lasts 4 days, two mid days being heavy. Last cycle, the one just gone, I had what I thought was spotting at 7dpo. Turned out it was AF - 1 wk early. Started light, then to medium, lasted 6 days and stopped. On the last day of AF I don't know why I checked but I got a positive OPK, CD6. On CD7 same; today, I didn't get the smiley face but when I took out the stick there were definitely two lines, one faint. And I woke up today with what seemed like period pain. Lots of gurgling too - like I haven't eaten for days! It's just all very confusing as I'm healthy and always thought I knew my body, and everything was like clockwork. I'm also VERY careful with what I eat - non-gmo, organic, don't eat meat or fish unless I know exactly where its come from, so no dietary changes. I have been taking prenatals for a while, mostly cos if it's good for Mamas it can only be good for me!
:shrug:

No idea what's going on or if I'm about to ovulate or what. I guess I'll just keep BDing whenever I can for the rest of this cycle...and hopefully things will mellow out soon.

wow, that's crazy! I mean, if you're preg, that would light up an OPK too. Maybe, just to weed that out, try that?

I've been on here about 6 or 7 months now. I totally understand what you were saying about the resistance to join though. I didn't join until I'd already been trying unsuccessfully for a year. So glad I did though!

I've been thinking more and more about what could be causing my spotting and early AFs and I'm I'm beginning to worry that the fibroid has grown. I'm trying to remember what symptoms I had with my first fibroid, but that was over 5 years ago and I don't really recall anything other than seriously heavy periods and (tmi warning) clots that felt like giving birth to tiny blood babies. I don't want to admit it, but I think things are heading in that direction. I'm thinking of requesting an ultrasound to check the size. If I have to have another myomectomy before moving forward with fertility assistance, a)I'm going to scream b) I need to get it done asap because recovery was a total bitch last time. I just keep going back and forth about whether I should get I shod get on the thyroid meds and wait a few months to see, check on the fibroid with my gyno, or go straight to an RE at this point. I don't know what to do! Meh...

Good news though. I'm in Kentucky for a conference this week and I told DH before I left that I'm not bringing up the SA appointments anymore because I feel like he gets angry, I don't want it to cause tension between us, if he doesnt feel the same urgency I can't force it on him, Ill see about my part of it and his part is up to him, etc, blah, blah. He called me today to tell me thAt his first appt is in the morning in the morning and he's already set up the next two as well. The power of guilt trips! :happydance:

Side note: sometimes I wish it was like the old days when women "took to bed" during their time of the month. Having a vicious AF isn't that bad when you've got a comfy hotel room, alone time, blackout curtains, a maid, room service, and HBO Now. :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->