38 and TTC first baby, anyone else?

Thank you Wish! Last night was rocky. I've never triggered in the evening before, so perhaps it was the Novarel. I had a very difficult time getting to sleep and my heart was racing/fluttery. I didn't tell my mum about the ttc, but I did go to her house this morning and have her check my blood pressure and pulse. My BP is always on the low end of normal, and that stayed the same. But my heartbeat had what she called a regular irregularity, meaning it maintained a pattern of skips. I've made an appointment with my gp to investigate. In about an hour I'll head to my acupuncture appointment. It feels like everything is happening all at once.
Ellie, I am going to try to adopt your line of thinking that this is the first step. We've been married almost 14 years, used only natural planning, never BC or even condoms, threw caution to the wind for the last 2 years with no avoidance of fertile days, and worked with an RE since February. This feels like step 8,532,794. But I like your count better!

It's the first step on this particular path, and I hope the potholes on this path are full of hope :)

Wish i also pray for the number to be zero tomorrow. Hopefully the witch comes before or after the pool party not during but guess we will find out.

Pothole fx for you this cycle.

Pothole your symptoms are a bit unnerving. Please take care of yourself. Keep us posted on what the gp says.

Wish, I really hope you see zero tomorrow!
Pothole, how are you feeling about your procedure tomorrow? It's really exciting!

Afm I spoke to the GP today and she said the nurse will still take blood tomorrow if no AF but do hcg test instead.
I was starting to get really hopeful and excited and then I decided to check my cervix. Bad idea... My finger came away with a tiny bit of brown blood. That can only mean AF on her way, can't it? Be honest please... is there any other possible reason?

Sugar, I know. :( I was really alarmed last night which sent me into a bit of a panic, which obviously didn't help the situation. I will likely have an EKG tomorrow just to obtain a baseline. I feel mostly normal today, but dread tonight. Everything is more frightening in the night. Just the realization that hospital is the only option makes everything feel so dire. The acupuncture helped. She said that some of the fluttery feeling up about my clavicle could be due to the tightness in my neck and shoulders. I'm going for chiropractic in a few minutes, so that will loosen me even further. But the history of heart problems in my family is certainly not to be taken lightly. I'm looking forward to an answer. For now, I am just trying to focus on tomorrow morning. I won't put all my hopes in this, but I do feel like it was the right time to move on from timed only.

pothole - I'll be thinking of you and your heart tonight and tomorrow. I get little flutters too but I didn't feel any impact from my trigger. I hope it's nothing! <3

star & ellie - thank you! we shall see

ellie - good you're doing the HCG (that's what mine is tomorrow) - I hope yours is sky high while mine is negatory!!

Pothole, good luck tomorrow. For some reason I blocked this is your first IUI. The procedure itself was easy peasy. Speculum in and the insertion of the sample into the uterine cavity...nothing like an hsg...all done in under a minute. Fingers crossed! As for the heart irregularity it could be for the Novarel (2% risk of cardiac dysthymia...aka irregular heart beat). I totally agree that you should get it checked out to be on the safe side, but hopefully knowing that it may be from the injection will ease your anxiety tonight. Take care of your self.

Ellie, it might be AF or just spotting so really no way to tell unfortunately. Hang in there though and glad you will get a hcg draw to put your mind at ease. I forgot to tell you I downloaded the guided meditation from Circle + Bloom. They have natural fertility (daily sessions) assisted conception (I think daily sessions here too) and even a pregnancy one (weekly sessions first tri and then monthly thereafter). All are about 15 minute sessions so long enough but no too long.

Wish, good luck tomorrow and hoping for a big fat zero and AF (on Sunday :winkwink: ).

Wishing everyone good luck this upcoming cycle, and keep on keeping on with some more BFP!

Thanks Mdc. I really do want to feel optimistic but the sight of the blood, even though it's not much, shattered my hope. I've had to take painkillers for the cramps as well. I'm going to listen to the meditation tonight before sleep, thanks for the suggestion.
I've decided to treat myself to lots of nice things tomorrow. I'm having shellac nails done at 8.15 and then dh and I are going to walk Pip, the furbaby, on the beach and visit a friend. I'll also eat a lot of chocolate and let myself have a good cry.
It's only one more month. That's nothing, in the grand scheme of things.
Last day of July tomorrow. Here's to a happy August full of bfps on this thread!!!

Thanks for all the good thoughts ladies! I am feeling much better. The doctor on call at re said I could take a baby aspirin, and it helped. It may have been a purely placebo effect, but the act of taking something gave me a sense of control back. Honestly, the lack of control was so frightening. I think I made everything worse by reacting to that. My chiropractor broke up a lot of the tension in my shoulders so I should have good blood flow. I ran down the checklist: no sweats, pain in left arm, shortness of breath, pain in jaw, or confusion. I don't think I am in iminent danger of heart attack. I'm just that lucky girl who gets 2% flutters ;) If I don't sleep again tonight, I won't fight it and panic. I'll turn on netflix and binge watch till dawn. :) So thankful for you all!

:hugs: ellie - on to August, a bright new month for BFPs!

pothole - so glad you're feeling better! procedure is today, right?

mdc - how are you feeling? any different yet? has it sunk in?

In the procedure room right now Wish! Ready to get moving. Although I am a bit concerned. Apparently DH's contribution this morning was only at 1.9. They like to see 3 or higher. But it only takes 1! PMA!!!

that's absolutely correct!!! another woman on another thread just had devastating news about her DH's sperm, after their IUI, and they were even thinking they may have to do donor sperm. BOOM - she's preg. PMA all the way!!!
Rock out with your socks out (or up!)!!

All done! And my socks were up and to the side. ;) We really want all those left side follies, so my feet were up, pelvis tilted, and I was turned to the left so gravity could do its bit. It was a really quick procedure! The pressure of the follicles has moved on to ovulation pain, so there was some tenderness, but over all it was not bad. We'll BD tonight and tomorrow for insurance. But after that, it's just for fun. Progesterone check at 7:30 next Friday 8.7.
Tomorrow I get my favourite child in the world for a solid week of respite, or as we call it, Dude and Lolly Time. His family is going to the beach and he is just so miserable there. He has a perfectly lovely name, but we all call him Dude. He's nonverbal, so he doesn't actually call me anything, but long ago it was decided that I needed a repetitive 2 syllable name like everyone else in his life. (Mama, daddy, sissy, nana, papa). So his younger sister named me Lolly. (I've been here long enough, I may as well tell you my name; I'm Colleen.) So Dude and Lolly time commences tomorrow morning at 6 am, and that takes up over half of my tww. Then the following Tuesday, teachers report back to school, and I can test the very next day. I feel very happy, content, and calm. PMA!!

Yeah pothole! I love the PMA. I would not stress about the SA I have read as long as it is over 1M is the break point and he is double that :winkwink: and you are so right just one little fast spermie is needed! Cannot wait to hear your results and good luck with your busy TWW. I will say it was my longest yet.

Wish, finally the sore boobs everyone takes about are here. Not horrible, but mine are never sore so a good sign. Pretty tired at night, and I think a little bit of ms hits in the early afternoon. Pretty mild, but I welcome it...for now. Ha!

Hi to everyone else!

That sounds like it went well, Pothole. I'm really hopeful for you.

Thanks Wish. I was expecting to see it today after the spotting yesterday, but it's still disappointing. I'm trying not to think about it. Also, thinking I'll change my ff settings to FAM rather than advanced, because that would have moved my o day forward and also been more accurate for AF. Which do you use, those that chart with ff?

Had cd1 bloods taken this morning and booked in for more cd21 the day after we get back from La Palma. That will also test for any historical signs of chlamydia, which has to be double checked before they do the next step... a hysterosalpingogram in early September, which I'm dreading as my cervix is tilted and I get a lot of pain with anything entering it. I've also got to have an ultrasound of my uterus in September and Robert's SA is on 24/9, with first appointment with consultant the following week!

We've also found out that we are likely to be completing on our house purchase while we are away and will be moving in late August. It's only 5 mins from where we are staying now, so should be an easy move. The new house is gorgeous and I can't wait! It has a lovely room that we plan to be for a nursery too... :)

My 2ww next month will be half abroad on holiday and half whilst moving (gets me out of heavy lifting!). I'm due to find out on Friday 28th August and we are going to a Metallica concert the next day, lol!!!

I'm determined not to get all obsessive and worked up this month, just regular bd on holiday and try to minimise the stress hormones... Mdc, we fell asleep to the free trial meditation by Circle & Bloom last night, it was great. xx

ellie - you sound more relaxed already, I'm so happy. ENJOY your holiday and, as my docs said, live it up! you'll be fine with some umbrella drinks and such. So much going on for you coming up!! wowza! all good things!

pothole - woo!!! come on little spermies - meet the egg of your dreams!! :dust:
I'm glad you have so much to keep your mind off of the TWW. The Dude sounds like a great little man and I love your nickname.

mdc - everything sounds great! wait until they hurt to hug people and this looks painful: :holly:

I got my results - negatory! :happydance: so now we wait for AF. And then wait for next AF. And then...oh whatever. I'll update when we get closer!
Happy Friday and weekend everyone!

Ellie, thank you. I am loving that you get to sit out the heavy lifting this next cycle! We moved many times before we bought our house and it is just such a pain. You have a great plan in place! You'll be amazed how quickly the time moves when you have appointments to look forward to.
Mdc, I love your symptoms and your PMA cheerleading!
Kiley, I remember being so happy for you when you announced. It's so encouraging to see how far you've come! Can't wait to join you!
Wish, he really is such a great kid. In 2008 I lost two incredibly important people in my life within 6 months of each other. I was in bad shape. I love my family and friends, but I just had nothing left, I was so broken. Then he came in to my classroom for meet the teacher. His mum put him on the floor to explore; he crawled over to me, put his hands on my face, and tried to kiss my nose. It was genuinely like my heart started beating again in that moment. He brought me back to life. He is the happiest, giggliest, most adorable little person. I love him. So really, our week together is the highlight of both our summers. Getting to enjoy a chunk of my tww is just a bonus!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->