38 and TTC first baby, anyone else?

Good morning, ladies!

Sorry for the loooong absence-I'm still trying to catch up on everyone. First off-WOOHOOO mdc! I am beyond thrilled for you! I just sort of felt like it was going to be your month. :hugs: Can't tell you how happy and excited I am for you!

KylieJean-I'm almost at the other end of I-80. I live out in the boondocks south of Iowa City.

AFM, had a week long conference the last week of July. I love my job, I mean I really LOVE what I do, but a week away is a bit much, especially right on top of being gone the first part of July for the same. DH and I came back to an internet outage. Grr-we both work from home after hours or during emergencies and it truly was a hardship going without. Cyclewise, I'm sitting at CD27, AF due on Saturday. We did do large amounts of copulating around O time, but with DH's swimmers not happy, we took a more relaxed approach to everything this cycle. I fully expect AF to show this weekend.

Love to all the beautiful gals on our thread-I missed you all so much! I'll try to get caught up on everyone more carefully after work since I now have the internets again at home.

Woohoo Wish!! So if she shows up do you get to start again this month? Or will they make you wait for AF to show up one more time?

welcome back, krasa! we've missed you too!
sounds like you came home to some fun. Glad you got the interwebs back and working.

kiley - nah, still more waiting. They want to wait for AF and then have one more normal cycle, THEN we can start. That's why I was thinking Sept. Doesn't mean we can't try ourselves this month, though!

Yay Wish! I really hope you get your sticky bean really soon now :)

Thanks for the fertile juju Dandi!

Pothole - that sounds painful. It must have been reassuring that it's ok and normal. You've been busy with the boys. Try to get some time for yourself too.

We're happily settled in La Palma. Dealing with annoying house sale/purchase stuff as usual, but heard that we are exchanging contracts tomorrow with exchange Friday 14th! Hopefully I can relax a bit now, knowing that it's happening. I can finally switch off and stop all the cortisone pumping around my body stopping it conceiving...

AF is almost gone now so dh and I can start bding properly again soon! Next week is likely to be quite busy!!!
My temps are interesting... I didn't have the big plummet I was expecting until AF was well under way and they have still settled a bit above last month's pre-O temps. I only started temping after AF finished last month, so it will be interesting to see how they go from here.

Woohoo Wish! I hope she shows soon. I hate that you can't jump right back in, but who knows what could happen this next month just doing it on your own. Good practice anyway!

DH went for 2nd SA today and he was much more relaxed about it this time. Only one more to go before we can get some results. CD 10 today, but I'm kind of taking a mental break this cycle. We're still going to try, but I'm not doing opks, smep, mucinex, preseed, maca, blah blah effing blah. :wacko: I'm so stressed with work and some family drama that we're just going to do it the regular old fashioned way when we feel like it and if anything happens it will just be a bonus surprise. I'm sure we'll be back to full on ttc guns-blazing style in the next month or two. After a while, you just need a break sometimes, ya know... an intercourse intermission, a fertility furlough, a baby-making breather, a reproduction recess! :haha:

Btw, for any fellow fiction enthusiasts, I just read a good book that just happened to have a sub-plot line about a woman "of advanced maternal age" and her struggles with fertility and ttc. I found it very relatable and insightful without being self-helpy. What Alice Forgot by Liane Moriarty.

After a while, you just need a break sometimes, ya know... an intercourse intermission, a fertility furlough, a baby-making breather, a reproduction recess! :haha:

Classic, love it!!! I totally agree with you... It loses its spontaneity a bit when I have to use pre seed before and soft cups after; I poas mid month and end of cycle; I get excited about egg white cervical mucus and tell him not to take a hot bath for a few days...!

A coitus chill out?

you guys are hysterical (and creative!)!! a TTC Time Out!

A baby break ! ?? Some times ya just need to take time out . Hope everyone is doing well :)

Very funny! So glad we all have a sense of humor with this craziness.

I completely agree...still trying without all of my anal-retentive uber-tracking was very nice this past cycle. First time in many months I've been able to not symptom spot every little twitch and cramp. :)

Thanks for the laughs girls! We gotta keep that sense of humor.

Bummer, Wish, that you have another cycle to wait. But like you said-you're still trying.

Dandi-I like how you put that, just doing it the old fashioned way.

Hope everyone has a great evening!

Oh my goodness! I am so glad we have a little land between us and the neighbours, because I just screamed bloody murder. Apparently when you are only used to doing laundry for 2 adults, a little boy's tiny balled up sock looks like an enormous bug in your washing machine. Scared the tar out of me!

Hi everyone!

Wish- I'm doing swell. I work and work and work. So don't get on here as much as I like. I have a day job and then a freelance job. Pretty much 7 days a week of working. You seem to be doing well. . I'm hoping for you! :)

Dandi - I love liane moriarty. I have read a couple of her books. Actually audiobooks. I drive a lot and listen to earphones at work. I'm going to check that one out. I might follow your lead with the sex sabbatical, intimacy interruption - I'm exhausted with the stress of it. Maybe we'll just do it for fun this month! Imagine that.

Pothole - omg that's funny. Glad you are having a busy 2ww!

Afm. I started temping and I am not sure it helped a lot. I had crosshairs on my chart and then they dissapeared. The chart isn't even saying I ovulated. But I entered a positive opk and ew cm. I think it was cd 14. This week I have had some pressure like feeling in my ovary areas. I'm on cd20 and what i think to be 6dpo. The whole thing about drinking during the 2ww. I have to admit I do. and prob will this weekend. Not to excess, but I gotta live my life.

smith - what do you do for work? that's a LOT!! but as long as it doesn't stress you out :)
sex sabbatical, I like that one

pothole - :rofl:

sex for fun?? what do you think I am, 20? ;)

Wish - oh I'm stressed! Haha I am currently in the washroom at work hiding. I am a photo editor and freelance photographer. It's actually not funny how stressed I am.

You guys crack me up :rofl: Had to add a couple more...romping respite and coitus chill out.

Pothole, I have a visual of you screaming bloody murder. I HATE bugs!

Ellie, guess we have the same minds...coitus chill out :haha:

smith - oh dear, are you able to cut back your hours at all when TTC?? hiding in a bathroom? from a crazy bride or something??

krasa - hahaha I know, totally joking. I've had sex for fun this past month and it was great. No pressure!

all: :witch: is here!! gawd, i forgot how horrid first day cramps are. But yay!

Progesterone is 19.4, so good ovulation. They said to test a week from today, but AF is due on Thursday, so I will know before then I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->