38 and TTC first baby, anyone else?

Dude sounds like just what you need right now... I cried when I read how you two met. Some kids just have that magic something, no words needed. I'm a teacher too but I deal with bigger kids (11-18). Even they can sometimes must be what is needed.
Here's to a happy, healthy and very fertile August for us all! xxx

Pothole that made me cry ... Happy /sad tears all at the same time !!! What a wonderful person you are ... Such a big heart xxxx dude and lolly should be a show on tv :) I love it !!! I'm sending you tons and tons of fairy dust this cycle xxxxxxxxxx

Wish delighted your back to zero ( iykwim ) time to move to the next chapter but never ever forget the first , its left you with a very special gift in your heart xxxx

I'm sorry I'm such a crap cheerleader right now ... Work is just crazy ... Not getting home till late so I'm too tired to do anything . I'm reading but just not posting lol..... My brain hurts with how much you all talk !!!

I wish you all a VERY FERTILE AUGUST :) roll on the BFP :) so I wonder who is next ???? Its one of you ????? Mmmmmmmmmmmmm

Wish- thats great news on your lab results. Now we have to hope for AF to come quick so we can get moving. Enjoy your pool party this wkd.

Pothole- Glad the procedure went well. I love the way you will spend your tww. Say hi to Dude:). I know Lolly and Dude will have a good time and the tww will go so fast. Cant wait to hear the good news.

Ellie i second that " happy, healthy and very fertile August"

And here to a wonderful weekend ladies:)

Ellie, congrats on the house! You know the old saying 'new house new baby'! Even if AF shows up you got a plan so enjoy vacation.

Pothole, you are such an amazing woman and will be such an amazing mother!

Wish, SO glad about the zero and cannot wait for you to start again!

Hello to everyone else!

I love my sister but she is a little bit of a drill sargent. When we got there my mom was cooking dinner which is fine, but my sister had a list of tasks for all of us. Then she told me 'so you are coming tomorrow as 8 to help with setting up'. I laughed and said 8 was probably not happening but 9 is more likely. She got kind of upset... Geez there are 3 other adults to help get stuff ready. Really do you need 4 crockpots food, coleslaw, crackers and cheese, a cake, and two smaller cakes for 15 guests. I know having a one year old is hard ( I cannot wait to find out), but she is just kind of using us as stage hands for the party especially my mom which is pretty annoying. Maybe I am just being hormonal. Oh...project avoid wine went well last night. Just claimed if I had a glass I would fall asleep since I was up at 430 yesterday am to catch the flight. May have to be creative today :winkwink:

Have a great weekend everyone!

Mdc, you are cracking me up! We need more stories! I have been to lots of 1 year old's birthday parties, since I'm the only one in our circle of friends who loves to bake. Being in charge of the cake usually gets you out of all the other prep work! Good luck on your excuses today!

Oh pothole your previous post made me cry. All the best this month. Fx for you.

Hello to everyone else!

Thanks Mdc. It started yesterday morning in fact, but I'm ok with things because I've got lots of steps to take this month. It doesn't feel like I'm just fumbling along without a hope anymore.

We're staying with dh's stepmum. Last year, his dad was there too, but he died just before our wedding. Since I ovulate on holiday, it feels good that we may conceive his first grandchild in the place he loved.

Your sister sounds quite controlling...! I know I can be a bit like that too at times!!! I hope it all goes well tomorrow xx

Ladies I think MDC could use our help w/ ideas to keep the wine out of her cup! I'd tell whomever offering that I have heartburn so I can't drink right now. 😋

If your DH is there, carry the wine around and when no one's looking, have him drink it. If not, try mineral water with a lime wedge in a highball glass. Looks like a cocktail, only you will know.

Both dh and I don't drink (both used to but haven't for years), so I'm lucky I won't need to worry about this one...
When I first stopped but didn't want people to know, I'd say I was driving, say I was on antibiotics (there a dental one it's dangerous to drink with) or say I'd given it up for a bet!

How's everyone doing? I've lost track of who's at what point in their cycle... I'm on cd3 today, so on the first 2ww of the cycle! Finally saw a proper temp drop starting this morning xx

Mdc - i would make a fake cocktail. In the right glass with a lime wedge - nobody will suspect. Once at a bachlorette party my best friend was newly pregnant. We took an champagne bottle out of my recycling and filled it with sparkling cider.

Thank you all for the ideas. During the bday party I made a small bit of Bellini and acted like I was sipping on it and for dinner I just did not say anything. My sis only offered wine when we were getting ready for dinner and I just acted like they did not hear her. Honestly I think probably my brother in law only thought something was up. Sis was too involved with herself, mom was already drinking so probably did not notice, and dad well is just dad and probably did not pay attention. My MIL will probably be a little nosier, but hopefully we will get to call them a couple days before our trip to Oregon and give them good news.

good morning! :coffee:

love the excuses for mdc - I don't know if you remember, but my sister was in town at the end of May. A few days after our transfer so I had to make excuses. And we're the 'stay up talking/laughing until 2am with wine'-types when we get together. So there was literally no avoiding it - so I just said that I was taking meds for baby making (said estrogen or something - she has no idea) that didn't play well with alcohol so I wasn't drinking. She was bummed but it stopped her from a) thinking I already was preg, and b) from really being interested in asking anymore questions.

smith! good to hear from you! how are you doing, hon?

left - posted to you in the Bump Buddies, but I'm sorry you're feeling so uck right now. Not long until the first tri is over and you can feel refreshed! I can't wait until your first scan! And thank you for your kind words - you always know the right thing to say.

mdc - yeah, my sister/mother can be like that. Or they used to be. We've learned about 'expectations' in my family - don't have these expectations of me and when I don't meet them, get all upset/hurt/disappointed. Let me be me and you know I'll be there - just not in the way that you're envisioning (or the time in the morning you're expecting!!)

ellie - I'm so sorry for your loss. But I love how wonderful a story that would be for the start of the life of your LO! Have an absolute ball.

hello to all of the other lovelies! :wave:

nothing going on here - no AF this weekend and no clear signs of her either. Found out my friend that hosted the pool party this weekend is 10 weeks preg with her 3rd. She got me alone and asked how things were going with us so I told her about our loss (this actually would have been the weekend we could have started telling people and I was a little sad that we wouldn't be bump buddies) and she felt horrible. I understand her feeling that way but I have nothing but love and good feelings for them and their new one. I almost slapped the wine glass out of her hand, though! She said she was allowing herself one - she's so laid back and honestly has already created 2 huge, healthy boys. She's fine. Makes me think I'm being a bit uptight about this whole process with what to eat, what not to eat/drink, etc.

Hi everyone!

Wish, :hugs: and you are one strong woman and you will have your own little bump before you know it! I have that feeling again :winkwink:

As for the eating and drinking thing, I feel you there. Honestly I did have wine at times on the TWW because I thought the blast does not attach until around day 10 and even then most women are not as planned as we are about the whole process and they have healthy babies. I know it is such an individual decision for everyone, so don't take it that I am saying everyone should do it this way (or endorsing it) or that way but it is the way I thought about it. As we all know the U.S. is quite conservative about all recommendations (and rightfully so because as a nation we are so litigious and some people don't use common sense...aka an occasional glass of wine does not equal saving it up and go binge drinking on a Friday night), but UK/Europe has a more balanced approach. In fact their National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) guidelines suggest the following:

1.3.9 Alcohol consumption in pregnancy

1.3.9.1New Pregnant women and women planning a pregnancy should be advised to avoid drinking alcohol in the first 3 months of pregnancy if possible because it may be associated with an increased risk of miscarriage.

1.3.9.2New If women choose to drink alcohol during pregnancy they should be advised to drink no more than 1 to 2 UK units once or twice a week (1 unit equals half a pint of ordinary strength lager or beer, or one shot [25 ml] of spirits. One small [125 ml] glass of wine is equal to 1.5 UK units). Although there is uncertainty regarding a safe level of alcohol consumption in pregnancy, at this low level there is no evidence of harm to the unborn baby.

1.3.9.3New Women should be informed that getting drunk or binge drinking during pregnancy (defined as more than 5 standard drinks or 7.5 UK units on a single occasion) may be harmful to the unborn baby.

Ugh.....now my spacing is off. Oh well! Not quite sure how I will be after the first trimester, but if I have a glass here or there I am likely not going to throw myself off a bridge for being a bad mother. However I won't have a glass in public when I am the size of a small whale :winkwink: ....that is just asking for public opinion onslaught. I guess time will tell. After hearing the heartbeat I might do a 180 and swear off all wine until the child is 18. Ok, that definitely will not likely happen :rofl:

:dust: to everyone! I have a good feeling that some more BFPs are I there way in the next couple of months!

awesome info, mdc! Thanks for posting that. Yeah, we'll see how laid back I allow myself to be (or how laid back DH allows me to be!). I've definitely read that there really aren't any conclusive results pointing to 'X glasses of alcohol = fetal alcohol syndrome' but clearly it's good to not have toxins in the system while baby is developing. I think I'd swear it off for the first tri and then maybe have a glass here and there throughout the rest. TOTALLY with you on the 'out in public' note!! :haha:

I'm glad you have that feeling!! ;)

I actually have this weird 'it'll all be ok' feeling too. I'm not worried or stressing myself out. It happened once, it'll happen again (knock on wood!). :hugs:

#$&+?#*! I just wrote long post then it disappeared! Ugh......

Wish, I really hope you see af soon so you can get on with things!

Mdc, it was interesting to read the NICE guidelines. I teach in a deprived area and see several kids with behaviour and development disorders that must be, in part, related to the huge numbers of women drinking and smoking whilst pregnant. I'm so glad I gave up both years ago!

We arrived in La Palma last night, just waking up here this morning. It's beautiful and I've got to stop wishing it was the mid cycle and just enjoy myself.

I was going to post a funny picture, but that was what crashed this last time, so I'll try it in another post. xxx

Edit: my iPad won't add images, so here's the link... Look at number 9!
https://www.distractify.com/weird-candy-1279759492.html

Hi ladies! I have only a moment. Dude is napping but yesterday, today and this coming Saturday, I am double booked. I do respite with another young man who graduated from my special needs school. He's also nonverbal but can walk, although he's unsteady. Fortunately, he and Dude get along really well. They are both in the 9-12 month range mentally, so there's been an enormous amount of peek a boo and giggling in my house. I'm very tired, but that's likely a result of keeping the boys entertained. I called the REs office yesterday and spoke to a nurse. I know from the pain that I ovulated on Friday or Saturday at the latest. From late Saturday through Monday afternoon, I had no pain, no pressure. Then Monday afternoon the pain hit out of nowhere. It felt like I was being pinched from insde, on my left flank. Since they cannot even test my progesterone till Friday, I wasnt sure what they could do. But the nurse was very reassuring. She said that the cysts that release the eggs stay swollen for a while to provide hormones in case of pregnancy. If I am not, they will collapse and fold back down to await next month. But having 3 big follicles makes it perfectly normal to have some pain later in the cycle. Oops...got a boy on the move. I'll catch up with you all tonight after bedtime!

Just popping in to say that I'm following along with everyone's progress and cheering you on! Work and family stuff have been absolutely insane since I got back from my work trip Friday, so I haven't really had time to post, but I'm keeping up with your posts when I have some time here and there! Fingers crossed and fertile ju-ju to you all!

pothole - sounds like you're having a ball! Glad you got the pain figured out. Oh the joy of this TTC stuff.

hi to all! just wanted to come on and say that I got some tinted cm yesterday and a chin zit this morning! AF is on her way, for sure!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->