38 and TTC first baby, anyone else?

CD 22 here. Got day 21 progesterone back this morning. It was 10.6 which freaked me out a bit, seemed low. But, day 21 was only 4 dpo. So, at least I know I did indeed ovulate this month. I wasn't sure as I still don't feel as "progesteroney" as I usually do. I'm warm, but my girls didn't warrant a size larger bra like they usually do. DH is quite disappointed.

Have a great weekend, everybody!

Congratulations Ellie!!! I had a good feeling about this month for you!

I am cd17. I have a progesterone check on 10.3 and AF is due 10.8. I am hoping that it just pours down rain all Labour Day weekend. I don't know how I can explain not being in the hot tub with my friends otherwise. We will cookout, that's fine. And being at home, I can just carry a beer around and "misplace it". But I flipping love that hot tub, and it's going to be very very obvious that I'm not in it.

Pothole cm you sy you have a uti ?? Not allowed in water or that you have a very heavy AF ?? Check AF due 8/10 or BFP due 8/10 :)

I'm going on my hols tommrow for a week to the seaside :) hope the weather is kind !!!! And I hope there is Internet !!!!!! If not ill be thinking of ye and as he says ..... Ill be back xxxxx

have a great holiday, left!!

pothole, i'm confused - sept not october, right? can you sit on the side and just dip your feet in? maybe 'forget' your suit and just roll up your pants or something (and I say that laughing b/c I've been living out of those new 'boyfriend' jeans this year and not as much shorts).

krasa - so funny! i'm glad you got proof of O. When is AF due or will you test?

dandi - your appt must be soon, another week?

ellie - still so excited for you!!

star, sugar, maui, kiley, jessie, smith and anyone else I forgot - hi! how are you all doing?

afm - cd1 here today, kind of a surprise. Explains my hunger and sleepiness yesterday, though. 25 day cycle this time, which is fine - the sooner we get to start on cycle 2. So I go in on Wed for a preg test and start my BCP that night. I take that until 9/14 and then go in for a suppression ultrasound on 9/15.

Oh, the seaside sounds good, Left! Enjoy!

Wish-I'm excited for you. Keeping you in my thoughts as you line up to begin-keep posting your updates and science. I like learning about it.

Pothole-I've got nothing. I love hot tubs as well and honestly, I would probably have a huge pout on my face that everyone would see if I couldn't get in. I like the beer idea, though, especially since I tend to lose them as the night goes on anyway... :)

SMEP sounds like a good way to go, Dandi. Heard a lot of good things about it.

Hi to everyone-this week and next are going to be crazy for me. I work in a two-person team of HPC administrators, and my professional other half is gone for the next two weeks, so forgive me if I can't keep up with everyone. It's going to be enough just keeping up with myself! :wacko:

Here, CD 24-AF due the 7th or 8th of September. I usually don't test until she doesn't show. Both times she hasn't, I've tested and within an hour I get spotting. Witch. First appt with RE is on September 17th. Seems so far away, but I bet it will be here before I know it.

Have a great Monday, everybody!

Yay Wish! I'm excited for you to start this round. Sending good juju your way!

My RE appt is on the 10th, so the countdown is on!

I hope she doesn't show Krasa! It would be so awesome if you get a great surprise this month and are able to cancel that RE appt! But if not, you know you have that appt right around the corner. I'm nervous for mine, but also really excited for the possibilities that may come from it.... kind of like a first date, lol!

Left, great idea! And as lubricated as my friends will be, I really only need to tell 1. It will get around pretty quickly. They aren't mean drunks, but they sure are talkative ones. ;)

Wish, you are right. It's 9.3 and 9.10. My brain isn't fully clicking. My allergies are insane and it makes it hard to sleep.

Krasa, I will make it work, but I really am hoping for rain. Selfish, but true. :)

whew - I was hoping you didn't have to wait an entire month for some weird reason! Talk about torture!!!

Hi Ladies,

Wish- Wow, so excited for you. Time really went so fast and hoping and praying for a sticky Lentil. I have a good feeling for you this time around. I will probably need your expertise if i have to go this route. I ll let you know after my lap procedure.

Dandi- September 10 is around the corner. Good luck with your appt with the RE.

Krasa- Hope AF did not no show. At least you are going to be busy this coming days to not focus on AF that much. Furthermore you have your RE appt coming up, thats something to focus on.

Pothole- Good luck this cycle. If it rains this Labour Day weekend i ll know it was your juju powers:)

Left enjoy your holls!

Afm, CD 1 today. 26 day day cycle. My lap is on 9/8. Hoping all goes well. Then back to ttc this October or when i get a go ahead from Dr

Thinking of you all and best of luck with your upcoming appts, tests, procedures etc.

Dandi-You are right, it would be an awesome surprise! I would love to cancel that appointment-am a bit worried, as my insurance is pretty piddly when it comes to infertility care. 25K lifetime cap...sheesh. With a 30% coinsurance, so if we do have to go the IVF route, it could get spendy. I so hate that the decision might be governed by money. It feels like punishment for doing the right thing, in a way-waiting till I found the right guy, for one. So if you're at the RE the 10th, and I'm going the 17th, does that make us RE buddies? :laugh2:

Pothole, I don't think that's selfish at all. Of course, I am biased in favor of me getting in a hot tub. :)

Star-Thank god for busy. The last couple of days have been a blur for sure. It does help!

Wish-keeping my fingers crossed for you-BCP is tonight, right? Here's to the stickiest, healthiest bean imaginable! My thoughts are with you, girl.

Hi Sugar-how are you doing?

Here, counting down to AF, currently on CD26. Am keeping myself realistic, so that the disappointment doesn't get me if she shows. What will be, will be, and everything happens the way it does for a reason. Had some different things this cycle, like pulling in my lower abs that I've never had before and can't chalk up to a blistering ab day, but the last of those I felt was yesterday, so I'm trying not to read anything into that. If it is, it is. If not, a new chance and a new opportunity.

Love to all you girls!

good luck on the lap, star!! and I'm totally here for you should you go the IVF route.

good luck on your first day back to school, ellie! I think it was today? yesterday? if yesterday, I hope it went well! :)

Happy Hump Day to all! ;)

I'm working on trying to get my Rx for cycle 2 down to a reasonable price. It appears that we've almost hit our insurance limit for the year so now I have to pay out of pocket. And guess what! They aren't cheap!! so there's some creativity that has to go into this......fun stuff.

missed your post, krasa - I totally get what you're saying about $$. We basically have to call off this cycle and wait until next year/fresh new annual limit if I can't get our meds down to between 3-4k out of pocket. And we only have a 30k lifetime max on infertility (not including the drugs).
so - thank you to all of you for the wishes on a healthy, sticky lentil. We need all of the good wishes we can get.

I know exactly how you feel. I called my insurance company back in July and was told that they would pay for all tests and medicines, but just not any actual artificial insemination procedures. I called them again yesterday to confirm and was told that they won't cover any tests or medicines that support or contribute to artificial reproduction. They'll cover tests and procedures to find the cause of infertility and will cover treatment of any underlying causes, but no coverage for actual fertility treatment. So frustrating! You're exactly right though, I also feel punished for waiting to start a family.

Hi Ladies! What's going on? I've developed a little guilty pleasure. I've been stalking the natural parenting threads about breast feeding and cloth diapering. I love it. Their post are more enjoyable to me than the pregnancy threads. Kinda feels like I'm getting prepared and getting a jump start on some decisions we'll have to make. It seems to be a totally positive new treat for me.

I'm a little concerned I didn't really O this cycle. FF said I did, I felt cramps and the new OPKs said positive. I wish I could have gotten blood work but I was so busy I didn't call the dr. for a bloodwork order for CD 21.

Tomorrow I get to go to an infertility meeting at a church. It's what's called a "mega" church and they offer many groups including this one. It's like having all my BnB friends in person! They give new ladies little socks to take home their bundles from the hospital with. I chose a blue pair cause we're hoping for team blue.

Keeping on SMEPing, IUIing, and praying ladies. I'm a BFP virgin but I know it will happen for us.

Hi Krasa, Wish, Star, Pothole, Ellie, Dandi, Kiley, Left and anyone I may have missed!

dandi - that's ridiculous. I feel like some insurances think this is a 'luxury' or something, like cosmetic surgery.

sugar - your church group sounds awesome. I think I would cry if someone handed me tiny socks for my future little one right now. And I love your new guilty pleasure! I can get on board with breastfeeding but cloth diapers......yeesh. Not that I'm a big fan of pictures of landfills filled with Huggies but from what I hear about explosions that can happen, I'd feel a lot less nauseous if I didn't have to throw it in the washing machine! ugh, it's working my gag reflex now......:sick:

dandi - one week until your appt! I'm so excited for you!!

so yep, started BCP last night. I think I was skipping around my room. :) I was thinking yesterday about the number of people already involved in this process that I'm going to want to thank. You know? Like even the woman who helped me get my Rx down to a 'reasonable' (I use that term VERY loosely) price yesterday, the nurses at the RE office who stick me with needles or shove sono wands up the hoo ha, etc. It's taking a village to create this little one. I know it's their job, but I hope I have the chance to show them the fruit of their labors some day. :flower:

Oh Wish, what a disappointment to have to put it off because of stupid insurance! Fingers crossed that you can find the meds at a discount or something. And even getting them down to $3-4k... Geez that's expensive! Praying that something works out.

Sugar, I think that's awesome that you're stalking those threads. Positivity works and I bet it takes a little bit of the stress off of you just thinking about the happy stuff that you'll be dealing with after your baby finds its way to you. I love it. I hope your church meeting goes well, that support group sounds great!

oh sorry - yeah, we were able to get it down to under 4k yesterday, so this cycle is a go! FX'ed it works and we get our forever bean!

I just saw that update. We must have been typing at the same time. That's great news!!! I mean, it still sucks that it's uber expensive, but yay that this cycle is a go! :happydance:

Wish, so exciting! And well done on the lower $$$!

Dandi, September 10 is my test day. It's going to bring both of us good news!

Sugar, your church sounds lovely. Being Catholic, what I usually get is side eye from the old priest who doesn't believe that I have never used birth control. After all, we have a name for people in the Church who only practice Natural Planning. They're called parents.

I had my progesterone check today, but they didn't call me with the results. I think my 3:15 appointment may have been too late, but it's the best I can do on a school day. I'll call first thing in the morning. My only symptom, that maybe is or isn't actually a symptom is that my boobs are out of control. As a curvy girl with extra curves up top, when you find a bra that both fits and flatters, you buy 9. Since they are all exactly the same, and I've tried them all, I have to assume that my girls are bigger. I've been tugging at my top all day, feeling like I'm flashing people. So it could be hormones. Could be the extra slice of my aunt's chess pie. Guess we'll know next week!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->