38 and TTC first baby, anyone else?

I totally lucked out this morning. I mixed and prepared my trigger shot and when I went to put on the injection needle, the pharmacy mistakenly gave me a subq needle instead of im! So the shot was a breeze with that tiny needle, lol. I've read that plenty of women get their trigger shot as subq and online it says that both are fine, so I'm not too worried. I'll tell the doctor's office about it tomorrow, but it's done for now! Yay!

Good job Dandi! I heard about subq also and thought I would ask my doc if I could do that instead of im if needed. Let me know what the doc says!

Left, wow 21 weeks!!!!

Ellie, how was the HSG?

Hi to everyone else!

I just talked to the nurse and she said it was fine, so if I have to do this again, I hope I can do it subq every time. You should definitely ask Mdc!

Dandi, that's really great! I'm glad it worked out that way :)

The HSG was fine, totally not what I expected! It was a bit uncomfortable going in and she had to change to a smaller catheter because my uterus is tilted, so harder to aim for! When she did the actual imaging, it was like a bad period cramp for about 5-10 seconds and then it stopped straight away. Since, I've had a couple of cramps and I'm a bit spaced out from the painkillers I took beforehand (co-codamol), but nothing serious. I keep feeling mini gushes of the dye but it's clear so not a problem. I had no blockages, both tubes were clear. The pain was about 1/100 of the pain I had when I had a coil fitted a couple of years ago. Not sure what happened then, but it was stupidly sore!

Anyone else having the HSG: take good painkillers first and make yourself relax. I gripped DH's hand and it all went fine. They gave me antibiotics to take before in case of infection. Now, I've just got to cross my fingers that it has stirred things up!

I rang for my cd2 results today too. My fsh is up from 8.2 to 8.9 which seems to be the upper limit of ok. What level do the rest of you have? Am I ok at 8.9?

So now it's the waiting game again. We are going to start EOD either today or Friday until after ovulation is confirmed.

Love to you all xx

Great news Ellie! I am going to have to redo mine for insurance purposes so I will let you know my score after that. According to my labs the upper limit for day 2-3 labs is up to 14.4. Each lab may be a little different, but 8.9 does not sound bad to me. Now get to BDing!

Ellie- those are good #s. Glad the hsg went well. They say you are fertile 3-4 months after the hsg. Good luck.

Dandi- yay for giving yourself an injection. Good job:) hoping for the best with your IUI.

Mdc- are you almost done with provera right? When is your Sono? Good luck with that too.

Wish- how are you doing. I know this is your busy week. Safe travels with work.

Krasa- its tomorrow that AF is supposed to be here? Hoping she comes quick.

Sugar- how did the appt go? And the US?

Left- cant wait to hear about the gender. Wow you are already 21 wks? Time flies.

Afm, still waiting. Ellie my fsh lab was 5.8 in September before my procedure. I will probably do another one in December before ttc. CD 10 here, had a start of ewcm but cant do much. This is the first time i had this early. Wonder why? Anyway still cant ttc until mid December.

Have a good night ladies.

Pothole thinking about you. Sorry about AF but am glad you have a plan in place.

AF is here in full force-for once she cooperated. Called the clinic to let them know, now waiting on a call back from the nurses. I'll post more once details become available.

Have a great Thursday, everybody!

hi all - just popping in really quick! Sounds like a lot of good news around here - small surprise needles, excellent HSG results, AF finally shows for some who want it and for those who don't - there is a plan. :hugs: to you all!

left - omg, 21 weeks already!! I can't wait to hear if you're team pink or blue!

star - my ewcm doesn't play along at the right times either. I think it's from surges of estrogen, which I guess you can get a few times before actual O. And I wish I knew FSH - I think mine was fine but I don't remember what that number was.

mdc - good luck at the sono tomorrow!

dandi - good luck at the IUI tomorrow!!!!

pothole - :hugs: welcome! though i'm sorry for anyone that has to get on the boat to come to IVF Land.

krasa - glad AF finally got here

I may have made the biggest bonehead move ever and I'm so pissed and disappointed with myself. How many times did I type in here that my LUPRON ONLY starts on Wed, and THEN Gonal-F on Saturday? Welp, for both doses yesterday I did both. WTF. I didn't even realize it until last night. I called them at like 4:30 this morning as I was in the line at the airport to leave a message and they have to wait until the doc comes in at noon to ask her b/c they have never had this happen before. And the Lupron microdose protocol is SO specific on starting the Lupron on day 3 and Gonal-F on day 6, that I'm not really sure what I did. I just was not paying close enough attention and was so stressed about the new, different protocol and trying to be thorough that I was too thorough. And it felt normal b/c I did the Menopur and Gonal at the same time the last 2 cycles. UGHHHH!!! I hope I didn't ruin everything!!! I took just the Lupron this morning just in case. :cry:

Star, great FSH! Hurry up middle of December! I think we are all waiting for that.

Krasa, yeah for the witch! Cannot wait to hear the full plan.

Dandi, good luck this morning and get those swimmers in there! Are you testing out the hcg shot to test early?

Left, I read your post from earlier too quickly and you said to Dandi go girl....at first I though you meant you are having a girl. I have a feeling it is a boy for you...for no particular reason, but I have a 50/50 shot right.

Hi everyone else!

So tomorrow is my sono. :happydance: Never thought I would be excited for saline in my whoha. Then hopefully Provera and in a couple days cd1! I will say as much as it sucks being on estrogen I wonder if my levels have been on the low side. I had real EWCM today. Man that would be an easy telltale sign if that happened to me every month.

Wish did you hear back from the RE about what you did with your shots?

Mdc- Good luck tomorrow!

Krasa- yay for AF coming on time! Waiting to hear your plans.

Cant wait for December to be here! Still having ewcm and avoiding DH!

Oh no Wish! I hope it all ends up ok. Surely two little doses can't ruin the whole protocol. Can't wait to hear what the doc says.

Mdc, good luck tomorrow! I want a full report on how it goes and your level of discomfort if any. Cd1 right around the corner!

Krasa, yay yay yay! Here we go, can't wait to hear your schedule and protocol.

Star, December is frightening close. I hope you're keeping up with the countdown.

Hi to Ellie, Pothole, Sugar, Left, anyone else I'm missing. Hope all of you ladies are well.

The iui went great this morning. DH's sample was over 44m prewash and close to 24m postwash, so that couldn't have worked out any better. My RE was at another location today so a partner RE did the IUI and I actually like her and her nurse better. She said my cm was excellent and cervix was looking perfect. Now I'm at home just relaxing and trying to Zen out to help however I can. BD tonight, progesterone starts Saturday and I'm going to start testing probably Sunday to see how long my body holds on to the hcg, just out of curiosity. I'm feeling hopeful and optimistic and I'm just going to try to PMA the hell out of this tww!

woooo Dandi!!! glad everything went so well for you!

no - no call yet from the office. I've stumped everyone. I'm hoping the same, dandi - one stimulates and one suppresses, I'm hoping maybe those cancel each other out and we have a solid day 4 start. But I guess this protocol is pretty specific on starting on day 3. we'll see. I wish they'd call!

Dandi, PMA all the way! I totally worked for me last time!

Wish, I hope they call soon. I would not think one dose of gonal will stop the protocol. Maybe they will add a day of Lupron to suppress more. Although it may move your transfer date. Either way I know this is your month!

Wow, girls. Look at all the happenings on our thread. I feel a rush of BFPs coming on!

Dandi-DH's numbers looked awesome! Sending lots of PMA your way to add to your own mojo.

Ellie-I wish I could answer that question! I've never had amh, fsh, or an estrogen level drawn. Kind of strange when I think about it. From what I've read yours sounds fine! Glad you took something before your HSG-I've read they can be painful and have also heard that you may get a boost in fertility afterward.

Star-hang in there girl, your time is coming right around the corner...

Mdc-good luck with your sono tomorrow. Funny what we start to look forward to on this journey, isn't it? :wacko:

Wish-Oh gosh. I so hope that they call you soon with good news. Completely understandable though since that's the way you did your first two rounds. Try not to be too hard on yourself. keeping everything crossed for you that they can just roll with this situation.

Pothole-hope you are doing okay.

Left-can't wait to hear your results!!! So very excited for you!

Hi to anyone else I may have missed!

afm, I start bcp today, also a dose of antibiotics. The name of the protocol is the lupron overlap protocol. My lupron start appointment-with u/s and uterine sounding-is the 18th. I will start lupron that day, and continue bcp till the 21st. Then I should have a quasi-period a couple of days after that, followed by another u/s and labs on day 3, which is the day I start follistim and menopur. On average, women seen at my clinic stim for eleven days. If I fall into that category, I should trigger and have ER sometime the week of December 7th. Then send biopsies of anything making it to blast stage out for PGS, then a two week wait for CD 1, then start prepping for FET (if we have anything to transfer) in mid-January.

When I look at the above paragraph and think of all the things I've done over the past year to try and get pregnant, it just makes me shake my head. To get the same blastocyst will take doctors and nurses just a month. Hopefully. :)

Love to all you wonderful ladies.

To read all that (and just knowing all the procedures and protocols we've all had to this point) it just amazes me at what modern medicine can do. It's mind boggling.

Just a quick to wish you Dandi all the best with your first and hopefully last IUI.

Krasa glad the journey has begun. Keep us updated.

Mdc believing for good news with the sono tomorrow

Wish did they call yet?

Everyone else thinking of you.

Goodnight ladies.

My goodness! So much going on! I'm working book fair tonight at school so I can't stay long. But I'm here, and I'm excited. Started BC today. Once funding lines up and my meds are ordered, we'll be on our way!

Tick tock, tick tock...waiting for the doc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->