38 and TTC first baby, anyone else?

Wish I'm so sorry Hun I'm sure that that negative was a gut wrenching disapointment :(
Remember its ok not to feel ok too. Your wouldn't be human if it didn't effect you . Im sending you you the biggest cyber hug I can .

Like other have said hold onto the fact it happened before and I truley think it will again . I'm glad your looking after yourself , retail therapy always helps xxxxx hope DH ok too xxx

Dang it Wish, I am sorry. If there is a way we could all come over and hang out with you this weekend we would be there. I would even help you pick up which outfit to wear today:) I second what Left as I said about its ok feeling ok. We are here and we will be here. We are all doomed to be internet sisters for good and for bad.

Krasa, cant wait for your update tomorrow. I am excited.

Ellie- Maybe you will ovulate late. Hang in there. Am glad you have your appt this coming week. Something to look forward too.

Mdc- All the best with your day 3 labs.

Dandi, Sugar, Left- I am glad you guys are still sticking around cheering us.

I did finally get a peak reading last night. Still bding and praying for a miracle.

Have a lovely Saturday evening and lovely ladies.

thank you girls - my bday party last night was so fun so I forgot about baby stuff for awhile. Going to indulge in some wine today during football. :) All is ok. But yes, I have some emotions stirring inside that I guess I'm trying not to pay attention to.

krasa - good luck today!!

mdc - good luck with your 3 day labs, I'm sure all looks great and you'll be ready to roll when AF ends.

star - glad your peak finally arrived!! Sounds like you are going to have some bombtastic timing!! :haha:

love to you all!

Wish totally forgot to wish you a happy birthday for your party !!!!! I'm delighted you had a good time. Its important to step away from the baby rollercoster sometimes and remind ourselves that there is a whole big world out there that does not revolve around ttc and is actually quite fun :)

couldn't agree more, left!! (my actual bday is tomorrow - I'm still 39 right now!! :haha:)
it was nice to relax that part of my mind for a bit and just enjoy my friends and family. And the people watching - there was a Toys for Tots crew that all came into the bar in onesies!! One was a unicorn! hahahaa

Happy almost birthday, Wish! So glad you were able to have a blast of a party. And so jealous of your wine-football combo today!

Welp, they aspirated 32 follicles this morning. But only retrieved 16 eggs, so fewer than the clinic's average of 75%. But, all 16 were mature and received the highest oocyte grade. So I'm happy about that. And Pothole-the drugs were awesome. Have not a fear! I was all finished up and home in the space of two and a half hours.

Back to my business of beef jerky, pickle juice, and Gatorade. And snuggling DH.

Love to all you strong and wonderful women. I am blessed to call you my internet friends. :flower:

Am glad you enjoyed your birthday Wish. Yes, you are still 39. And you are still a spring chicken. I do have hope that you will one day hold your LO. Still clinging to some hope for you. Enjoy your wine:)

Krasa, 16 is still a good number. What next now? I am always looking forward to your updates and everyone else's. Glad all went well.

Left you are so encouraging. You are like the older sister i never had. Thats a compliment:) always love reading from you.

To all my other internet sisters- happy good Sunday evening:)

Glad you had such a good night Wish! I just lol'd at the unicorn onesie and now DH wants one for my family's annual Christmas Eve pj party.

Great retrieval numbers Krasa! I'm glad it all went smoothly. What's next? I know you're doing that testing on them that I can't remember the name of. Do they fertilize then test or vice versa?

Hope all of you lovelies had a great weekend!

Happy big 40 wish :) happy birthday to you:) !!!!!! My 40s are when my adventures began!!!! Ttc front you have tons of time :) having your own teeth and hair ..... Time is running out ;) lol .......

HAHAHAHAHA left!!! My teeth are staying put!!! :rofl: that's so funny

thank you ladies - great bday weekend, now back to the grind. I went in for my blood test this morning. I told her to tell the nurse that calls that I know it's going to be negative. Maybe it'll make her feel better when she calls to know she's not delivering bad news for the first time.

krasa - 16 is awesome!!! That's so great they all had a good grade too and were mature! Today will be your fertilization report, right? Did you guys do ICSI? How are you feeling? hopefully those food/beverage choices help with...um....regularity too. That tends to back up and no one tells you that one!

dandi - omg, we are having a NYE PJ party this year and we were saying we wanted to get some of those too! HAHA! I would choke on my tater skin if I saw one of my friends walk in with a unicorn onesie. Hysterical.

how is everyone else doing?

Happy Happy Birthday Wish! 40 and Fabulous!

Super busy work week for me this week and next and I feel less than perky. If I can just make it to Christmas break! 2 more weeks, I can do this... I hope. Less than 48 hours now until my scan. I'm trying to get as much as I can done today and tomorrow, bc if it's bad news I'm basically going to tell work to deal with it and I'm taking off until the new year.

oh dandi - nerve-wracking!! Everything is going to be FINE!!! how are you feeling?

damn, I'd love to take the rest of the year off. Our forced shutdown was removed so now I only have 1 more day of PTO to take. Long weekend this weekend and a long weekend for Christmas. I need to be strategic about when I take this last day...

thank you for the bday wish! I am having a hard time spitting out the number!

I feel different than last time, but I'm not sure if it's good different or bad different. Pretty much the same as last week. Weird feelings in my boobs, but I wouldn't really call them sore. Occassional queasiness, but I wouldn't call it sickness. I had one cramp last night, but other than that no feelings in there. Definite food aversions, but on the other hand, I want to eat stuff that I normally don't. (Confession, I had a bowl of spaghetti-o's this weekend for the first time in over 20 years at least and it was heaven!) So I don't really know. Basically, I feel weird, but I don't feel weird enough to make me feel at ease.

Pssh! Scream it from the rooftops. 40 is the new 30, but more awesome!

Happiest Birthday Wish! I am believing that this is your year! I am so glad you had a fun party. I may do another big one on my 40th. My last big one was 35. I threw myself a Quentin Tarantino costume party. It was one of my favourite nights ever. I firmly believe that any time someone shows up in a costume, that the coolness automatically goes through the roof. A unicorn could only make things awesome.

I have an ultrasound and bloodwork today. It will be good to know what has been going on inside this pin cushion of a stomach. I'm quite pale, so it's looking a little pitiful. I have dozens of tiny bruises that are starting to run in to each other. I'm running out of unpoked places.

hahahaha I know the feeling, pothole! it either is all bruisy or looks like measels!

I just got the call from the doc (literally the RE called me and left a message) - negative as expected. She recommends going with our little frozen guy next time or I can do another fresh cycle if I want to. Either way, we won't do anything until the new year. Going to take a few weeks away from this stuff and just enjoy the holidays. And maybe even BD for fun with DH! ;)

BD for fun??? I think I vaguely remember that concept, lol! I'm sorry that it was negative, but I'm glad that you were prepared. I think the universe just really wanted you to be able to drink over the holidays and enjoy yourself one more time. :winkwink::wine: I'm happy for you that you're taking a break and getting back to real life for a minute before the next round. But I'll be very excited when January comes! :hugs:

Wish, I'm really sorry about the confirmed negative. I hope you've had an amazing Happy Birthday!!! :wine: :drunk:

Wish- all i can say is you are a strong woman and your wish will come true one day. In the mean time- Happy birthday and enjoy some wine on my behalf.

Pothole how was your US? Hope all went well.

Dandi- praying for the best for your US too.

Ellie- Your appt is in a few days. All the best.

Hi to the rest of the ladies.

Wow busy around here.

Wish, I am so sorry about the negative, but excited about Jan for you, and even more excited to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

I will write a proper post soon crazy busy schedule while I am on this trip.

Clomid and me are getting along great, except for the friggin hot flashes. Man I will not look forward to menopause. Today was better, but yesterday I felt like my face was on fire :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->