38 and TTC first baby, anyone else?

Retrieval went well. They got 27 eggs. I didn't even know I had 27 follicles. I'm home now, had wretched nausea until 10 minutes ago when I threw up on everything in sight. I felt so much better after, that I sent DH out to get a sink plunger (yep.everything.), while I cleaned up the mess. It's better than I've felt in days! I'm still going to stay in bed and rest up, but I'm so glad the most invasive bits are over. Love you ladies.

Yeah Pothole!! That is an incredible number of eggs! Did they let you know how many are mature? Are you doing ICSI, or regular IVF?

Rest up today--LOTS of gatorade for you, lady. So excited for you!

Krasa, I am sure there will be plenty of chromosomal normal embies!

Star, getting into the juicy part of the TWW! Flu season is always so hard for hospitals, make sure to keep resting so the little embie can get snuggled in.

Pothole, that is an amazing number! Take care of yourself today, and sorry about the nausea.

I am just sitting waiting on O. I am starting to see a little bit of a line, but still probably a while to go. I am betting I will make it to CD14. My RE then has you come in if you haven't O'd for a scan and likely a trigger. I already have it blocked out on my work calendar. :haha:

Yay Pothole! So many eggs! Glad you're feeling better and that the worst is behind you. Can't wait to hear next updates!

My RE'S office does ICSI and assisted hatching as standard procedure. They'll call tomorrow and tell us how many were mature and fertilized. I kept food down at 3:30 and I'm debating on a pain pill. It's not horrible, but definitely worse than 30 minutes ago, or 30 minutes before that. Still kind of fuzzy brained, but much clearer.

Wow pothole 27 !!!! You will end up like the old women in the shoe !!!!! Lol.... Do you know that poem ?

Keep up the fluids Pothole. That will help greatly with the swelling!

hi girls!! I've missed you all!

pothole - 27!!! that's incredible!! I'm sorry you're feeling so poorly, though. i hope you're on the mend now and I can't wait to hear the fertility report. Also, so psyched they do ICSI and assisted hatching - the best possible chance for a sticky bean!
also, i loved your revelation about being a mom. I fully agree that you'll be one of the best. I can't wait until you have your little miracle, by whatever means it happens.

krasa - loving your report as well, including the names of the slowpokes! :) Gooooo little ones! enjoy your wine and coffee :wine: the 22nd can't come soon enough - we need to know how many of those LOs are healthy!

star - TWW already?! that countdown and cycle flew!! I hope you start feeling more twinges. Still early, though. But I'm hoping you get to test this weekend!

mdc - glad you had a good trip and are gearing up for a powerful O!!! GIT IT, GIRL! throw away that negativity - just strip it right off of your aura and throw it away. It's Christmas time, holiday songs are a-ringing, gift giving, yummy foods and desserts all around. Fill that wonderful self of yours back up with PMA! :) :xmas4:
:hugs: my friend!

left - can I be the old woman in the Louboutin? ;)

dandi - how are you feeling? any nausea sinking in yet or anything?

afm - nothing going on here but we had a GREAT long weekend in DC! I hadn't been before. It was a gorgeous weekend so we just walked and walked...and walked....holy crap, so much walking. This is now when I can feel my age. Not that I've been entirely active for a few months either, so that's prob part of it. Anyway - got to see a lot of 'bucket list' things, which was so great. Saw a concert at a club that DH has been wanting to go to. DH went to go look at the t-shirts and came back up with a onesie. I mean, come on. I melted. We had talked a bit earlier that night about things and what we want to do next and he admitted he hasn't been entirely optimistic about things. So he's trying to change himself over to PMA too. <3
So I'm going to call the doc at some point and get the next cycle going. I have about 3 weeks until my next AF, so I guess we'd start then. If we go with the Ace, I don't know if I'd need to be on any meds beforehand. I'd think not but what do I know. The only thing I'm a bit concerned about is that I'm going to be slammed at work towards the end of Jan until the end of Feb. I don't want the stress or any travel to interfere with my body conditions for it, so I don't know if we should hold off. I'll talk to the RE about it.

Pothole, I cannot wait to hear the news today!

Wish, omg the ONSIE! Talk about PMA, about darn time he joined the train. Can he rub off on my DH :winkwink: So exciting about getting set up for your next cycle! I hear you about the stress and travel, but I am also excited for you to be all bloated and preggo ASAP.

Hello to everyone else!

Ahhhh, O is taking forever! Well I have only O'd once at day 14 and usually it is day 16, and it is only day 13...so not sure what I was expecting. :haha: I am seriously a POAS mad person making sure I do not miss it. At this rate I am pretty sure I will have to go in for the scan Friday, trigger, and then IUI on Sat. Guess I should not be so impatient we need the little egg(s) to be fully baked for our next sticky bean(s). Yes, I am not ruling out Clomid twins. :rofl:

I'm stealing a moment in the bathroom to update you all. Of my 27, 19 were mature and had isci. Of the 19, we have 13 fertilized little embies! Embriologist said we won't be contacted tomorrow since it's a grow day. Friday morning they will be checked, but she said that based on the fertilization and current growth, that we should be a "Slam Dunk for Sunday transfer".

WAHOOOO, pothole!!! how many are you transferring again? omg, FX'ed for you!!!

Holy moly Pothole! That is awesome and you must be thrilled. You will be like the women in the shoe (or the Louboutin as Wish puts it).

Left, I forgot to say we live across from a children's 'theme' park called Fairyland. Mostly based off of fairytales and there is a huge women and a shoe...although it always creeps me out the way she looks down in you :rofl:

Pothole that's amazing !!!!! Role on Sunday ..... PUPO ;) very exciting
I'm sorry reading and running ... Have flipin work report to do . Will say proposer hello and catch up soon xxxxxx

Pothole! You little over achiever! So glad for such great numbers. Can't wait for your transfer!

Wish- your trip sounds awesome, even with all the walking. Ah, the onsie... that made me tear up! So great that DH is joining the PMA wagon and you're ready to plan the next cycle.

Mdc- Come on O already! It's cruel irony that stressing about it coming is probably delaying it coming, and it not coming is causing more stress. Hurry up in there follicle(s). I'm totally pulling for clomid twins.

Yes to the nausea question, although I'm still doubting that it's morning sickness just because I really have no idea what morning sickness is supposed to truly feel like. Just flying with out a clue over here. 8 weeks today and another scan in a week. I really am going to start posting in the other thread if all continues, I just haven't had a chance or really much to report as of yet.

Thank you all ladies! I know there are loads more hurdles, but part of PMA is taking things one day at a time. Yesterday, in spite of the pain and vomiting, was a good day. Today was a good day. All I can control is my own attitude, so I'm doing my best to enjoy every happy moment. We will be transferring 2 or 3 depending on their ratings. And as for the shoe, Wish, the Louboutins are all yours. I'll be the comfy chick down the road in the funky pattern Chuck Taylors.

Pothole! Goodness gracious! That is some great progress. Cant wait for you to be Pupo.

Will chat more tomorrow. Hope everybody is doing well. At work now but wanted to stop by give Pothole a pat on the back for those eggs and wish the rest of the ladies the best with everything.
Oh, Mdc any signs of O? Thinking about you too.

Its nice to hear from you Wish. I am glad you had a good trip. I missed reading from you.

Krasa, hey girl?

Ellie, hows the going?

Dandi glad all is going well.

Have a good night ladies. Gotta run back to my patients. Break is over.

hahaha pothole - living IN the shoe would be far less dangerous for me than trying to walk in them. I can't walk in those damn things, no matter how many years I tried for. So no sense in me EVER spending the money for the designer ones. Sighhh oh well.

hope you had a good night with your patients, Star!

mdc - hope your O lines are getting darker!

dandi - good! glad you're all nauseous but it's not all that bad for you. :)

Just called and left a message to book our follow-up appt to get this next show on the road. Frozen guy first, then we'll go back to fresh. Yippee!!

Pothole, I cannot wait until Sunday for you and glad you are feeling better.

Star, when will you test?

Krasa, cannot wait until your next appt.

Dandi, glad you are having some symptoms and hey are not too bad....yet!

Wish, yipee about Ace! I have a good feeling about this one.

Ugh, I am still waiting on O and the lines are getting a tad darker, but no where near positive (even with the digis...yes I am cheating). I called the Rn bc the instructions say if not positive by day 14 to call and get a scan scheduled for the next day. For some reason kind of nervous that no LH surge yet, but maybe I am just growing some awesome eggies. Attached is my progression...any one thoughts on how quickly your cheapie opks turn? The bottom one is the latest one and the darkest (sad I know).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 8
You can definitely see the progression. I think it's coming soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->