38 and TTC first baby, anyone else?

I agree .. They can turn really quickly once positive :) I'd say at most a day or two!

I can totally see the progression too - maybe tomorrow? I'd call anyway but it looks like you're getting there.

pothole - I'm loving your PMA and it's very contagious! Your body did what it needed to do in one shot, giving you an abundance of embies. It worked really hard for you!!

Hello to everyone else! :wave:
Is everyone ready for the holidays? or if you're Jewish, did you have a good holiday? I freaked a little bit earlier this week when DH said that Christmas was next week. I think i'm actually in pretty good shape but I need to assess the stocking stuffer situation.

We have our follow up appt with the RE on Monday but then it will be a few weeks until anything happens. It'll be nice to have something to look forward to, though, and yet be able to relax and have fun over the holidays.

Happy Friday to everyone!

Thanks for the advice everyone. The doc said for me to come in today at 1015 for an us. So fingers crossed the lining is good and I am hoping for 3 or four follies to give the IUI the best chance. I did have a temp drop today so if everything is as usual I think everyone is right I should O tomorrow or Sunday. Hoping for tomorrow as I will probably get a trigger shot today. Yeah for me although DH is less than thrilled for the early Sat ummm....special delivery. :haha:

I will update after my appt. Happy Friday everyone!

Happy Friday, ladies!

Mdc, most definitely darn near time. I'll be watching for your update, hopefully your lining is nice and cushy and you can get this show on the road!

Wish, I agree it is nice to be able to relax a bit and still have something to look forward to. That's exactly what I'm doing, as well. And it feels good after all of the stress and constant low-grade worry.

Pothole, is today an update day? I think you said it was, but now I can't remember. Sunday is looming large and I am so excited for you to be PUPO, friend!!

Ellie, I'm hoping you're doing ok, you've been quiet. :hugs: from across the pond.

Star, how much more of the tww for you? Keeping my fingers crossed that you guys knocked it out of the park on the first try back. :)

Dandi, Left, Sugar, and anyone else I may have missed-hi!

afm, the witch showed in full force this morning, so I don't know whether I'm going to be able to do the transfer in this cycle. I called the clinic to report but haven't heard back from the nurses just yet. I almost hope that we do have to wait till my next period-we don't yet know whether Cletus, Joe Bob, Brandine, and friends have any normal members, and I would be okay with a cycle to let my body get back to normal. We shall see. The latest date to get PGS results back will be next Tuesday, though the embryologist said that sometimes they come back sooner. Which, while nice to know, has had the effect of welding my phone to my person.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

good luck, mdc!! Can't wait to hear the report about the multiple follies and cushy lining!! ahhh so fun!

krasa - :haha: i know what you mean! I can't wait to hear, simply from a learning standpoint if nothing else, what they say about which cycle they'll transfer. I have no idea about what comes next for me either, doing an FET for the first time. We're in this together!

so let the stress of work begin! or continue, whatever - one of our primary leads on the implementation I'm doing just quit. I don't even know if she gave a 2 week notice but we have a due date of 2/29 to get this client live and she quit. I get it, the whole project has been a circus but we are so screwed now. She was the backup lead and then we had our divestiture in Oct and she became primary, without her own backup (hence her stress level being through the roof leading to her quitting). Soooooo - I am not looking forward to the next 2.5 months here!!
zennnn thoughts, zennnnn thoughts
where is the meditating emoji??

Quick update-The clinic is fine with "sneaking in" a transfer before the next clinic uptime formally starts. I start estrace today, with *gulp* transfer scheduled for January 11, assuming at least one PGS-normal embryo. I better enjoy that wine and coffee while I can!

Wish-so glad to have you as a FET buddy! :hugs:

Krasa, that is so exciting! Estrace should be a breeze for you (especially after stimming), for me I did gain a couple pounds so don't be discouraged if the scale goes up a bit. It went away when I stopped.

Wish, sorry about the work stress. Make sure to take extra good care of yourself.

So, my lining was 6 and at first I was like 'damn you clomid', but follies are also on the small side (12, 9, and 8). It all kind of adds up, lining is still building, follies still growing, and opks still working their way up. This morning I would say opk is definitely they darkest probably 25% of control. So the goal is to keep testing and if positive tomorrow IUI on Sun, if not go back in for a check up Sun for Mon IUI. Might try probably unsuccessfully to get more one bd session in tonight, but I am guessing it might not happen. Horribly DH had a late 20 something cousin that unexpectedly passed away, and it has kind of hit him hard. Overall it just is absolutely awful for the whole family.

Taking an early out today to finally finish Xmas shopping (yeah, totally behind this year).

Have a great weekend everyone and I will update if I have the IUI this weekend. :wohoo:

It just feels like everything is coming together for this thread! I feel such great vibes. I think 2016 is going to be amazing for all of us!

Hope everyone's weekend is going well.

I am glad theres some progress with most of the ladiess in this thread. Dandi you are right, 2016 will be a good year in this thread.

Its freezing cold here. Its 27 degrees. Not liking it at all. Started spotting and thats a sigh AF is coming. Am good though. Calm and ready for the next cycle. One more cycle then IVF as per discussion with DH. We have a wedding to go too today, yes a winter wedding,so that will take my mind away from AF in a way. Anyway, i also got married in winter so not complaining:). At least i will get to drink in the wedding today:)

Enjoy your weekend ladies.

Today we have 2 back to back parties, so I've been too busy. A super quick update: We had 10 of of 13 make it to Cleavage Stage. As of yesterday we had 5 grade one, three grade 2, and 2 grade 3. We transfer tomorrow morning at 7:30. Depending on how many made it to blast and what grade, we'll transfer 2 or 3. I'm leaving that up to the RE. More tomorrow! Love you all!

Damm star sorry she has decided to make a Christmas visit !!! Unwanted / unwelcome visitors are such a pain :( on the upside you can enjoy your wedding

Pothole wow !!! Good going embies :) eeek tommrow you will be PUPO :)

Valium...so loopy. Transfered 2. I'm calling them Wait! and What? since I anticipate that will be the most common reaction if this sticks. I'll try to post a pic later, but right now I keep getting distracted by shiney things and feeling like I'm swimming. To bed...

Star, let's tww together. I mean, you'll be done with the wait before me, but we'll keep each other company anyway.
Left, your PMA makes me so happy. You are a just a constant encouragement.
Krasa, so you will know tomorrow? Woo! I think they must feel good about Cletus, Joe Bob, and Brandine to go ahead and let you plan for transfer!
Mdc, have so much fun BDing. I'm out of the game till Dec 31, RE's orders.
Sugar and Dandi, you are fantastic. I just love you guys!
Wish, Ace is going to rock that onesie!

Afm, I'm trying to wrap my brain around this PUPO thing. It doesnt feel any different, although it's only been 23 hours. ;) I stretched really hard in the night and woke up crying in fear that I'd dislodged them. These hormones are insane. Here are a few things I want to remember always, no matter the outcome:
Yesterday morning at 6 I woke up and went to the living room. DH was sitting there, dressed and ready to go an hour early. Made my heart swell.
This morning while sitting on the sofa, wrapped in a blankets, DH looked at the cat and said "Look, there's 3 of my favourite people under that blanket." I burst into tears. I love that man.
Thank you all for being on thus journey with me and letting me share in yours. I love you all so much.

awwww, pothole! I'm so glad this is exactly how your TWW is beginning! It should be full of so much hope and love and I hope all of it is just flowing through your embies. PUPOOOO!!! Congratulations!!! Stick, little beans!!! :hugs:

krasa - that's awesome that you can transfer earlier than expected! Our timing shouldn't be that far off at all, I'd think. FET Buddies!! woot!

mdc - same! Did you IUI yesterday or will you today? Remember, it's not terrible that they are taking their time. Slow and steady... you'll get it!

star - how was the wedding? did AF come on fully? (please say no, please say no...)

dandi, left, sugar - I really am filled with so much hope and positivity for all of us too! Thank you so much for continuing to cheer us all on! I truly does help. We need to get the rest of us over to your side. 2016 is the TIME! (or the end of 2015...) WOO!

appt at 11:30 today with the RE to discuss our next plan of attack. I almost forgot about it!
Have a great day, my lovelies!

Star, ugh I hope the witch stayed away. I don't recall...is IUI not an option?

Pothole, wow PUPO! That is amazing and I am wishing for the best news. So when will you get your beta results? Your DH sounds wonderful and you both will be parents (guess you kind of are now :haha: ) before you know it!

Wish, I think you are headed in to your appt as we speak and cannot wait to here next steps.

Hi, sugar, left and Dandi!

Ugh, so the doc did said to move my us appt to today (in a couple hours) instead of Sunday, so nothing so far. To top that off my opks have stalled out with faint lines. :saywhat: Not sure what to think, and I am just hoping that the are lighter because I have more diluted urine. Really hope the eggies and lining are continuing to grow. So frustrated now, but trying to be optimistic. Maybe the clomid is delaying my O, or at least that is what Dr. Google is suggesting.

and you are probably heading to your appt now! can't wait for your results - I hope the cheapies just aren't giving you the full picture.

so we're going to go with FA (frozen ace), the doc was fine with this. The doc is also fine if we want to continue to try for the year - she has some different protocols in mind that we can try out. We're really just battling diminished ovarian reserve so we may have more 'successful' cycles than others, so to be prepared.
The RE nurse, my fave, was SO excited about this cycle. She said that she's seen so much success with the frozen ones. She didn't even want to talk about future cycles or future meds b/c 'we won't need that'. She's so cute. I sent them a package from Shari's Berries - chocolate covered strawberries and cheesecakes, decorated for the holidays. I hope they like them.
Sooooo - my next cycle should start around 1/5. I will start Estrace in pill form and baby aspirin, once a day. And then I'll have bloodwork only on day 5, 9 and 14, and only one ultrasound on day 14. I'll incrementally increase my meds until I start progesterone (Crinone) on day 15. Possible transfer, as long as it survives the thaw (96% success rates now), on day 20. But if that all falls on a weekend, then we'll push out the "meds" day 1 to better align with a transfer day that falls on a weekday.
that's it for me!!

Sorry but I am going to rant, so those keeping PMA please disregard and don't read.

F@*k this. Lining down 1mm to 5 and lead follie went from 12-12.9. I am mad, pissed off and exhausted. I don't understand what is going on. My body was Oing before I decided to jack with it and take all these drugs and now I feel like my body is betraying me. Doc is going to call later to discuss. I know I am usually trying to have PMA but right now SO OVER THIS.

Mdc, you rant all you want. This place, this journey, this sisterhood we share on this board, it's not for the weak or petty. We cheer for each other because we know what's it's like to feel alone. We hold out hope because we remember the hopelessness. We put our bodies and hearts through unimaginable things and we hold each other up while we do it. So rant. Be pissed off, because that is really rotten news. We'll be pissed off for you. And when you have a plan, we will be *all up on* that f'in plan. Whatever else this place becomes, it should always be a safe place to land. You are loved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->