38 and TTC first baby, anyone else?

Right have my fingers and toes crossed for everyone. Funny how when we were younger we used to have them crossed hoping your AF came! Now I got them crossed hoping it doesnt!!

Am currently on cycle 9, my ovulation dates are now. I love my husband but its really hard to get into trying for bubba when I am working shifts!

We look on the funny side of it, i get in this morning ready to crawl into bed and hes wide awake with a smile on his face!! Lets just say he is loving this period of time as I really cant say no!!! - Mind you even he has turned around and said will be great to get back to having sex cause we want to not because we should!! - All good if we get the result we want and we keep our humor about it all!!

Good luck hattie, hope it's your month.

Hey Ladies!

A little about me... I'm 39, 40 in October. Hubby and I got married in 2010, we decided to TTC on our anniversary last year at the end of October, so this is my 8th cycle. Wowwee what a roller coaster ride?! Who ever thought it would be so difficult?!

The stress of it is driving me insane, I spend most nights Googling symptoms, tips, advice, etc etc etc.... So scared it won't happen, wanted to be a mommy since I was little..

Last night I was up till past 3:30am reading this forum on my phone, i'd love to join you, you all are so supportive and seem to lovely! So now on PC, much easier..

Tui, I teared up reading your progress, I hope it happens soon sweetie!!

Where/how are you all tracking your cycle? On FertilityFriend
Is there somewhere I can find all the acronyms?

I'm 5dpo, bd'ed 3 times before, on the day and once after. Used Instead SoftCups this time round, hope its helped.

By the way, have any of you looked into that? Seems like a good idea!! Anything to help those spermies along ey?!

I'm in South Africa and its freezing here today!

Baby Dust to you all xxx

Hi and welcome. Mind if I call you OS for short, lol.

Glad you can join us. We are all in a similar boat. I wish you luck this month.

I have my d&c tomorrow so hopefully I can start again soon.

Some of the ladies here are very kind and supportive. One more is always welcome.

I tried soft cups and preseed the month before I got my bfp but no luck. I actually think it took 3 months to get the pill out of my system though. I used them once on bfp month as I had one left, so you never know. Seems to have worked for a lot of couples though, worth a try.

Thank you! So nice to chat to girls going through the same thing. My best friend is about 8wks pregs with #2, I'm really happy for her but can't help it, it stings a bit.

Good luck for tomorrow, I'm sure you'll feel better once that's done and you can start a new cycle. :hugs: :hugs:

How do I subscribe to this thread?

Sorry, meant to say d&c day after tomorrow (friday), but thank you.

Any thread you post on automatically adds to your list.

Hopefully you can join your friend soon and have little ones close in age x

Hi OS and welcome !! Glad to have one more member to our nice group! South africa, that sounds nice!
Girls I did the Ultra sound and all is fine, I have eggs, ovaries and uterus are doing great. I just need to do more BD from day 10 to 18. We've been lazy with too much work. So now we take it seriously ! :D
Tui, glad to hear from you again. I hope you're ok.

Glad your scan was good lola. Bet it's put your mind at rest.

Welcome OS :flower: I hope this cycle brings you a bfp. Few days ago, my cousins wife posted pics of her newborn on FB and the announcement hit me like a ton of bricks. After ages I cried so I kinda know how you feel. Happy for your friend/family but sad for yourself.

Tui - I am sorry once again hun. Its hard enough losing the baby but then waiting for it pass for one week without it happening is hard. My SIL had the same thing happen to her. When she went for her 12/13 week scan, they couldn't see the baby. She started bleeding next day and had a D&C. The baby had stopped developing around 7 weeks. That was her first pregnancy. She got pregnant a few cycles later and now has 2 boys. You will have your rainbow baby soon.

Lola - I know I should be bedding every other day from day 8-18..I have shorter cycles so my gynec recommended starting earlier but even that is a chore for me. I wish I was younger when we bedded everyday without any problems, lol.

AFM - CD 13 today. I usually get highs CD 10-12 and peak on CD 13. This month however I am getting highs from CD 8 and haven't peaked yet but have a feeling will peak tomorrow as getting a hint of colour on my IC OPKS.

Thanks nikki. Just want it over with now. Hcg has dropped from 809 on tuesday, to 520 today. So thats good for 45 hrs. Hopefully that means I will ovulate reasonably soon after my op.

Hope you O soon x

Thank you Lola and Nikki!! @-}--

Lola, good to hear your scan is good, one item off your checklist! Good luck with all that work, hope it’s subsided by the time you need to get BDing!

Nikki, so glad to hear someone can relate, I feel so guilty for having those feelings! Hopefully you’ll peak by the weekend, always easier then.

Tui, how are you today? Good point, I’d love to share a pregnancy with her, we are very close. Looking forward to organising her baby shower, just pray I can keep it together, she’s due in Feb. How you feeling about tomorrow?

I’ve reached a point where I don’t even test anymore, I’m just waiting to miss that wicked AF. It’s these symptoms I either have or believe to have every cycle that drive me bonkers! The last couple days been feeling a strange ‘twang’ in my lower abdomen, trying not to think about it too much as I know this could be phantom once again... Urrgghhh wish I could obsess less! Trying not to, but I work from home, so get easily distracted.

I’m 6DPO trying to keep the mind occupied... cycle 8

Sending you all love and buckets of :dust: hoping one of us gets that elusive :bfp: soon! xxx

hi girls ! Yep nikki I wish I was younger too, to Bd all the time.. and so we could catch that egg.. when I was 19, I got pregnant just by missing my pill ONE day.... but I was too young and back then I really didn't know who I was, and I wasn't in a nice relationship. Anway, ONE DAY!! and now it takes me 7months so far... :shrug:
OS, I hope all the signs are good and you get that BFP soon!

Welkom OS!! (welcome OS!!) Ek is 'n Kapie! (I'm a Cape Townian)
Originally a Snyman - South African born and bred!!! Welcome to our lovely supportive group!! I used softcups and preseed the month I fell pregnant with my dd. Will be ordering more soon. Will defo use them again thwhen we start TTCing again!

Tui - HUGSS!! How did the D&C go? Hope it went well and you are on your way to your next cycle without any complications!
Lola - glad to hear your scan went well. FXed more BDing does the trick!
NIkki - Oh to be young again! or just have the energy to BD whenever we want to! I find I'm way to tired most nights!

Not much to report on my side. Not much planned for the weekend so hopefully a relaxing one for once! Nothing new on the house front either. Sale of our house is progressing well but unfortunately still have not found a house to buy. So looks like we will be renting or staying with the in laws for a while before moving to our next place.
Hope you all have a lovely weekend!

Thanks girls. All went well. Had great surgeon that was very careful. Bit crampy but otherwise ok. Just resting today while DH is looking after things.

Hi Ladies!

Lola, just keep doing what we are all doing, hopefully soon!

Skweek, lekkkerrr to see a fellow SAfrican! You staying in the UK now? You must be missing home? You won’t believe I found FoftsCups at my local Spar?! Hope you find a nice house soon!

Tui, Hope you’re feeling better now, so glad all went well! its good to hear from you!

AFM, I thought I had some signs last week, but it seems it has all gone away, don’t know if it was post ovulation cramps or what, but very confused and frustrated now. Nothing , zip, nada that I could maybe get a BFP, must get DH tested soon, since it feels we’re shooting in the dark.

Tui - I am glad that you were looked after well despite the circumstances being horrible :hugs: I hope your body will be back on track soon so you can start your ttc journey again.

OS - what is tricky using the softcups? I have been wanting to use them as we have quite a lot of spillage after we DTD ( sorry TMI). I am going to purchase some off ebay.

Skweek - Where are you in your cycle? Good luck with the house hunt.

AFM - am about 2/3 dpo today so no symptoms yet. Hope I have done enough this cycle.

I love your picture nikki :D I hope you make that face soon ;)

Nikki, same here I even considered taping myself with duct tape (the things we’ll do!) hahaha.

Anyhoo, I did a Google search just for any help TTC (obsess much?!), and came across an old thread here, and seems many people had success using them, this month was the first cycle using them. I’m 10 DPO, no unusual symptoms though.

They are much simpler than I first thought, very easy to use and no mess after. We BD’ed in the morning, and I kept them in for about 6 hours, was able to go about my day taking those swimmers with me everywhere hahaha... When I removed them, I could still see some fluid on them (sorry, TMI) I read somewhere that the CM and semen needs to liquify in order for it to reach the right spot, and that’s exactly what it looked like. The ones I got are reusable, can’t imagine using them for AF though, but some people do.

Give it a try! I saw so many ladies saying it worked in their first month...

Tui - glad things went well - despite the circumstances. Hopefully you can get back to TTCing as soon as you feel ready.

OS - yes living in the UK now. Settled here really quickly - parents have moved over too. We were in CT back in April - first time for OH and DD. Was lovely to be there, seeing that mountain and the beaches - oh and don't forget the friends and family!
Had I known Spar sell softcups I would have stocked up!! I love them when TTCing! How much do they sell for there?

Nikki - FXed you caught that egg!

AFM - Just waiting on AF's arrival. I tested on Saturday (just because I was going out with the girls) BFN but fine with that. SOOOO looking forward to this Saturday - pain injection! YIPPEE YAY YAY!! Pain free for a few months again. Will be asking to see my consultant again after this injection for a review.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->