38 and TTC first baby, anyone else?

Thanks Star. What is bcp? I'm trying to learn the lingo of IVF now so that I know what to expect. I've just been reading what pgs is too.
Ellie, sounds like your trust was even stricter than mine! Yes I'm deffo going to go ahead and pay for it. I probably should just get on with it as soon as, seeing as I'm not getting any younger. I've been trying to pick a clinic- can't decide between paying more for the one with the best success rates or one that I've been to before that's slightly cheaper.
I have zero support from my other half as well. Told me today that he's not paying. So it's up to me and of course my parents who wil help a bit. Men can be cruel

Chipie you can ask any questions. We are all learning from each other here. BCP is short for birth control pills. Birth control pills are sometimes prescribed before starting stims to help the ovaries respond better to the stimulation meds.

Low AMH doesn't mean no AMH !!! Still lots n lots of eggs in there and it only takes one !
Chipe sorry oh not fully on board sometimes I think men just don't get it ... The overwhelming biological urge . As for age PLENTY of time yet for you to have at least 2 ;)

Ellie ouch !!! Big juice healthy eggs :)

Ah ok thanks Star. Interesting- I didn't know that about bcps.
And loads of positivity from Left!! Yey!!

Welcome back Chipie! I'm sorry for your loss and happy that your ready to get back on ttc journey! Best of luck to you. I also know a woman (from here on BnB) who, after one tube removal and one damaged tube, got pregnant totally unexpectedly with triplets naturally. The body is amazing and can surprise us with what it can do...even for us low amh ladies! Stay positive, your baby will find its way to you!

Star- I actually just an a check up this evening and to my dr about the fibroids. They will grow. They are little sponges for the estrogen coursin through us while pregnant. Sometimes they're will grow so large they cut off their blood supply and he tissue starts to die, which causes intense pain for several days to two weeks before going away. If they don't grow that large then they shrink back down after birth. So that's what I learned today! So much fun to look forward if a fibroid gorges itself and dies. It's fascinating really.

Chipie, I remember you and I am so sorry for your loss, and I agree with the other girls you are still in the game.

Wish, ugh sorry about your client. Implementations are always rough. And yes...totally watching Making of a Murder. We are on to episode 8. I am flying to Hartford for a meeting. One of these days I we need to meet half way!

Ellie, sounds promising! I did totally feel O this month also. So different with oral meds.

Star, hope you are doing well. Guess it is the calm before the storm. Ha!

Dandi, that is interesting about he fibroids.

Hi to everyone else!

Ugh was awake at 230 this morning and then could not fall back asleep because I knew my alarm would go off at 330 to get ready for my 6 am flight. Oh well, hopefully I can sleep on the plane. Just a couple more days until testing. I am not feeling much, but I never do usually. I did take a frer yesterday to make sure the trigger was out of my system, and yes pretty gone. Maybe a very faint line but I suck at squinting so just calling it good especially since I have a 16 day LP usually.

I have a good feeling about the next couple of months!

safe travels, mdc! A couple of years ago I had to go into Hartford for Aetna but that's really it for me. I have a close friend that lives 20 mins from there too. I don't get to see her as often as I'd like. That's still 2 hrs away from me. One of these days! Also I'm going to assume your temp today was off b/c of your early rise and such. Guess we'll just have to be patient for test day too!

chipie - so much to learn and you have a wonderful group of ladies here with a plethora of different experiences to learn from. Sit back and relax! :) I'm very sorry about DH's lack of support too. I'm glad you have some from your folks. I assume DH will still participate in the 'makings' of it all? ;)

dandi - that is very interesting about the fibriods! Seriously, sometimes I laugh at us as humans for thinking we can create things like 'doctors' who strive to learn everything about the human body. At the end of the day, it's a mystery and it's going to do what it wants to do or deems fit.

ellie - whenever I feel O pain, I wonder how the ladies with PCOS can do it!!! Can you imagine 25+ mature follicles on each side?? yikes... I really hope this is the start of something great for you!

krasa, pothole - thinking of you ladies! <3

hello to Positive Left, sugar, kiley - all our preggos and mummies!

afm - not really anything to report. I think my brain is hanging on to the nurse's words, "it will implant in the next 3 days", so I feel like I'm on high alert for anything going on in my body. I got a wave of fuzziness yesterday and some slight cramping last night.
I'm looking forward to my hair appt tonight, dinner with some friends on Fri while DH is at a basketball game with his friends and a nice, quiet weekend. Maybe see if DH wants to have a fire and play some video games or something! or binge-watch the rest of Making a Murderer!

Happy HUMP Day everyone!!

Wow Wish, are you just waiting to see if an egg implants?? Huge amounts of positive vibes coming your way then. Nice that you're doing some stuff to take your mind off it.
I can confirm that dh or I guess I should call him df (getting married in July) does participate in that part of it. It's not that he doesn't want a baby, although he nowhere near wants one as much as me, it's that he doesn't want to pay for it. Or rather he knows I'm so desperate that if he doesn't contribute, he knows I'll pay for it myself!

Safe travels MDC. Hope you get some better sleep tonight. I don't know what stage you're at in your journey but I'm going to join you in having a good feeling about the next few months!! (Trying to be as pos as poss).

Any of you, esp those who've been pregnant, taking any good supplements they would reccommend? I know I'm supposed to take a multi vit, but anything else?

yep! I had my FET (frozen embryo transfer) on Monday - one little soldier that made it to 5-day blastocyst back in May 2015. I had 2 freshly transferred then (that was my m/c in June) and one frozen. We decided to tag it in this time around and I am calling it our little frozen Ace in the Hole. So the girls and I call it 'Ace'. :) My preg test, also called 'beta', is next Friday, 2/5. So I'm in my TWW for now! Thanks for the vibes, we could use them!!

as far as supplements, I've just been doing prenatals. Those should have everything you need, but I know some ladies incorporate CoQ10 or ubiquinol, royal jelly, and other stuff. My RE only recommends the prenatals b/c that's all there have been actual studies on resulting in helping the cause.

These TWWs are killing me for you guys! I'm so anxious!

I finished Making a Murderer in 2 days. I didn't find it to be as good as Serial (season 1), but it was interesting. So many mixed and conflicted feelings after finishing it!

Are you doing anything different tonight with your hair Wish? I have an appt tomorrow to finally cover my stray grays. It's been torture waiting until 2nd tri. So now I'm trying to decide if I should play it safe and stay the course with what I know or totally mix it up and get a new 'do. I'll probably chicken out and keep it long, it'll be easier for me in the summer to bun it or braid it. This is such a random post... I'm obviously bored.

Well, here's another 2ww person! I've spent the day in agony and will definitely see a temp rise tomorrow. I never thought ovulation could hurt this much... Apparently, I have polycystic ovaries, so there are lots of minor follies cramping everything and these 2 dominant ones ding what they do. My polycystic ovaries were confirmed today by my AMH results... 78.9pmol/L. I've read that anything over 68 is considered high!!! I just hope they are good as well as numerous :)

Bring on this 2ww that ends with a very sticky bfp!

Incidentally, I've also got a haircut booked in this weekend... Can't wait to sort out these greys!

Well officially I'm also in my tww. Plus I'm also at the hairdressers. We're in tune haha.
Wish- wow good luck with Ace then!!! Thanks for the supplement advice.
Ellie- sorry you're in so much pain. Hope it eases soon.

Hi everyone . So much excitement in the air iLOVE it :) now come on mr storkey we need so super glue sticky beanies !!!!!! We are Asking nicely ;)

Karsa and pothole you are both in my thoughts daily . Hang in there , take it one day at a time and be kind to yourselves xxxxx

This is gonna be one exciting thread in the coming weeks . I'm keeping everything crossed for all of you

HAHA I love how we're all in sync!

nah, prob not doing anything crazy with the 'do. I cut it short a little over a year ago and though it looked really good (I never go that short - like chin-short), it was tough to keep up with. Can't put it up for a run or at the gym or when I'm lazy, and it just looks like crap when it's not styled. So I'm just growing it back out, I'll cover the grays and then I let him come up with something fun for color. That usually ends up being a reddish-brown, rich with maybe some caramel highlights and some low lights. He does a phenomenal job with color so it all looks natural.

i'm so glad this is happening now, so if I DO happen to have a 'first trimester', then I won't have to wait too long for the 2nd one to come around!

You do know the reason your to meant to colour is nothing to do with harming the baby more that the dye will react differently with you due to your changing hormones and you could have a reaction different than you would if you were not pg .

I've read that, but my biggest concern are the theories about the chemicals entering your blood stream through your scalp and the effects of the chemical fumes. There aren't many solid studies on it though, so the American pregnancy assoc just recommends waiting until the second tri.

Hi Ladies, super-busy week or two at work and haven't managed to post for a while. I have catching up to do!

Chipie, pleased to meet you and I'm so sorry for your loss. I arrived here around a month ago, age 38, after multiple mc, and with a chronic health problem (issues with lungs and stomach) - oh, and I also have low AMH! So I know what it's like to feel it's an uphill battle. The thing I try to tell myself is that even with all that, the chances are still pretty good - bodies are designed to make babies, and they keep on trying to do that, even when the mind feels pessimistic. I'm sending all my best wishes your way. I hope you find a good clinic too - I'll be checking your posts with curiosity, as I may be turning my attention to getting IVF soon, and am near to London.

Ellie - great news about you finally getting the help you need, and also about O/BD-ing. I'm not going to say that I'm "thinking of you" in the circumstances, as that will make me sound like a bit of a perve :haha: But good luck!

Wish, I am so excited for you. I'm keeping everything crossed. Go Ace - and take it easy while you wait, if you can. Oh, and yes, I've watched all of Making of a Murderer - I'm loving the information exchange this has sparked about what to watch on TV. Relaxation is surely the psychological equivalent of taking your vitamins. I'm going to chip in and suggest The Last Kingdom, and also Wolf Hall, if you can access them.

Star - that sounds like mostly good news to me! Good luck with the injections, and roll on March.

Pothole - thinking of you and hoping that you are starting to have moments of feeling better soon. I'm so glad that your work is something that you find helpful. You seem like a remarkable person - your kind words made me cry after my mc, did I mention that? - and you are right that you will mend. More hugs.

Mdc - best of luck with everything, your symptoms sound good! Hope you catch up on sleep too. If you don't use them already, sleep mask and ear plugs are my heroes. They took some getting used to, then I wondered how I ever slept before.

Hello to everyone else, sorry if I missed you!

Afm:
AF arrived at the weekend, and has just stopped again today. Earlier than expected, and not a normal one. I think it might have been (kind of) a second part of the mc (I will spare you the details, but it was weird). As of right now, I think I'll be waiting one more cycle before I ttc again. I might change my mind in a week or so, but today I'm still feeling really tired, my tummy is still upset, and I'm not quite ready to stop my SSRI. I just feel like I should have one normal cycle before I start trying again. Does that sound sensible, do you think?

Whilst my body is so-so, my mood is gradually improving. Ups and downs, but an overall upward trajectory, I think. There are even moments when I feel proud of myself, just for surviving all this BS. Next steps: I *finally* have an appointment with the recurrent miscarriage unit on Tues. Getting that sorted was a bit of an ordeal, and involved multiple phone calls and a bit of shouty-crying at points. The secretaries kept on screwing up my appointment, including referring me to a place that does terminations and sterilisation - thanks guys. Still, at least I have an appointment now. Wish me luck!

fi - oh dear, that's quite the awful mix-up those receptionists made!! I'm very happy to hear you're on the mend. it takes time, but you'll get there. And I'll defer to what you think is best about TTC'ing next. You know you better than anyone out there. I do think the body needs time to heal before starting again, esp if you're still having wonky cycles. GOOD LUCK!
Oh and thanks for the recommendations. I was curious about Wolf Hall - that was nominated for quite a few Golden Globes (our 2nd-only-to-the-Oscars awards show).

dandi/left - yeah, those were my concerns. I showed up last night and he goes 'ARE YOU PREGNANT??' DUDE - there are a few other people in here!! That I guess don't know me so whatevs. So I explained where I was and he said would basically do my whole head w/o touching the scalp, so we were good. Though I did get a big splotch on my forehead at the hair line. But I was thinking about it - I'm still at the point where no one would know they are pregnant. I'm not passing anything to the embie yet, etc. I think I got this just in time.

how's everyone doing? quiet over here, just a busy day at work again so I figured I'd take a breather and check out BnB. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->