38 and TTC first baby, anyone else?

Hi Fi, nice to meet you. Recurrent mcs sounds like a rough thing to go through. Taking it easy sounds like a good plan. Thanks for the words of encouragement. Trying to get back to a super positive place after the horrendous NHS appointment I had on Tuesday. Felt pretty rubbish ever since to be fair.
Well I had highlights put in my hair last night so too late, those chems are probably soaring through my bloodstream ha. I am only about 9dpo tho so I'll probs be ok.
I really want to watch Making a Murder but we're so busy doing the house up, I never get time to watch TV.
Still pondering what to do about IVF. Do I go back to the clinic that I had my first tests at, small place near work, success rates equal to national average. Or do I blow £10k on the best (supposedly) clinic in London? So many important decisions and I've no idea how to make them!!!
Hope everyone is well

the money piece is definitely the absolute worst part of IVF!!
how much more successful is this other clinic? i'd say if it's only a couple percentage points higher, than go with the one you know and you're more familiar with. Neither can guarantee anything on the first try so you could get stuck with multiple tries at either the higher or lower price. Perhaps you'd end up putting so much stake in the higher one as well and be even more upset if it didn't work out the gate.
Maybe call the one that is cheaper and ask if they know what they do differently than the other one? You could also maybe spend the time and have a consult with both to see which one you feel most comfortable with, price and all.

Ugh! So confused and I am going to have to be short bc I am waiting for my plane to take off . So my usual LP is 16 today and today is dpo11 (I know FF is off by day because of opk and o pain) and as I am getting on the plane back home...spotting! Light red, not a ton but not just a spot either. No cramps, but either one hell of an implant spot or AF is deciding to make an unprecedented showing. I have a sinking feeling I am out, but trying to stay positive. Anyone had an implementation spot before?

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. I hope so much it's implantation xxx

I had twice ... Once on my first pg I had two pink spots and nothing else . On Sean I had spotting pinky / red enough to put a tampon in being sure my period was arriving . Sorry tmi but when I took it out was only brown blood on it .spotted for a few days . I hope your body not messing you around xxx

Hope you're ok MDC. I did get implantation bleeding with my ectopic but not in a good way ha. I just bled every single day from then until I had it removed but it was a really weird unfamiliar brown colour, never red.
I spotted a little this morning as well, af due on Sunday so I'm possibly out this month.
I'm going to Dubai next week and then as soon as I'm back, we have an appointment at the small fertility clinic i mentioned Wish.
The really expensive clinic is called argc, UK people might have heard of it. They boast success rates of around 40% which is about double the national average. However, you're expected to attend appointments nearly every day sometimes twice a day for such a long period of time, think that's why they are so successful - because they monitor you sooo closely. Plus obviously the costs ramp up as they give you every test going! I'm not sure I can cope with that at the moment as I'm getting married in July. Plus how do people work! My job is quite stressful.
Sounds like a lot of you did IUI first before IVF - I don't even know what this is??

mdc - with your temp diving like that, I hope it was implantation as well! I've heard of so many people seeing that that I wish I could see it but I haven't yet. 11dpo is still well within the implantation range too! but if that is what it is, then I'm wondering if your beta on Monday will be too soon? keeping an eye on your temps will help determine that. Supposed to be something like 3 days after implantation is when the HCG starts flowing, so Monday might be fine.

chipie - oooh, dubai! how exotic! I'm with you on having all the time in the world (and money) to do this stuff - how do people do it?? You are surrounded by career women on this thread - we're all so busy. What do you do for work?

IUI is the (I might botch this) Intero-uterine Insemination - basically you ovulate on your own (or are assisted with meds), your DH provides the sample and they insert his swimmers into you with a long turkey baster. :) They wash the sperm first, keep only the good ones, can measure his volume/motility/morphology all before insertion and then they squirt them way high up in your uterus so they don't have as far to swim. It's WAY cheaper, easier, less invasive.
However, b/c of my age and my low AMH, my doc said let's not waste time and go straight to IVF. I did do one IUI but that's b/c one cycle I responded poorly to the meds and only had one follicle. So rather than waste it, we downgraded to an IUI.

All other ladies who have had a few know way more than me about it.

Happy Friday everyone! I'd like to say that my boobs are killing me and I'm cramping like no one's business but I'm not. Slight little cramping going on, but that could be anything. No pulling when I stretch. I know it's still way early. Maybe next week.

Chicke, wish explained it well.

Wish, still early and not pregnancy is the same so keep on keeping on! I have faith in little Ace.

Well looks like I am very likely out. Kind of sad, but it will be alright. No AF per se, but temp still low this morning and I feel little cramping like the witch is on her way. Just glad I O'd this month, but should make sure I am better with my B6 bc if the witch shows today still a shorter LP than I would like. I will let everyone know for sure, but onward and upward.

Happy a great weekend everyone!

MDC sorry you're out. I don't know how you lot take your temps, my emotions would be all over the place. Think I'd rather not know! Is b6 good for lengthening your LP? Mine is a bit short.

Wish, I work in Mergers and Acquisitions for a massive global company, advising on structuring. Currently working on a £300m deal, it's so stressful. I've thought about leaving so many times but they pay so well so it's hard, esp as I need all my money now for IVF!!

IUI sounds interesting! Thanks for the explanation Wish. I wonder if I should try that first as I'm not sure I can handle IVF and planning a wedding at the same time...It is only £800 at the clinic (plus drugs).

Yes have a good weekend all.

chipie - if you're hubby's sperm looks good and you're ovulating fine every month, it's worth a shot! that does sound like a stressful job.

mdc - :nope: not over til it's over. But I am glad you know you O'ed as well! Strongly, I may add! thanks for continuing to have faith in Ace! :)

ditto! ditto!
have a great weekend everyone! I'm sure i'll check in at least once. :)

I'm glad it's the weekend. Hope you all have a nice time. I'm getting hair done tomorrow and trying not to spend the whole weekend symptom spotting!!! Should get crosshairs tomorrow :)

Yes out officially. I am going to call cd1 today. A little sad, but I have two weeks of work travel, Super Bowl in between , and then it is O time again. I was a little worried about two long trips if I got my BFP this cycle, so I guess it will all work out. Have a great weekend everyone!

Sorry to hear that MDC. This is tough as isn't it :-(. Sending positive vibes.
I have huge cramps so I'm guessing my cd1 will be tmw, bang on time. I dug out some old test results today and my AMH has dropped from 2:87 to less than 1.1 in 12 months so I cried all morning. Don't think we can waste any more time now so think we're gonna go straight to IVF. Will sit down tomorrow and try and chose a couple of clinics with df. At least he is paying attention now.
Hope you ladies are enjoying happy and stress free weekends!

I'm sorry Mdc! It's disappointing, but know that that bfp is going to come at the perfect time!

This was not the news we were hoping for Mdc. Am sorry. Am glad you have upcoming work trips to keep you busy. Hoping next cycle will bring good news.

Chipie am sorry that you had a low morning of crying. This journey makes us cry sometimes. Good luck with ivf. You will get support here.

Dandi- thanks for the info in fibroids. I really hate them things. Well, i have to learn to live with them.

Wish- those are promising signs. I also cant wait for Feb 5. So excited for you.

Hello to everyone else. Have. Wonderful weekend.

Hi ladies! Weekend checkin

Mdc - I'm so sorry, friend. :hugs: it'll come, I know it will. Plans for this round?

Chipie - I hope AF is staying away for you. I'm so sorry about the test results making you cry. Mother Nature isn't the fairest sometimes. I hope you find some relief knowing IVF can definitely help!

Not much going on here. I do have A cramp, same place when it does happen but it's not all the time. And my left boob is slightly sore. Clearly I'm reaching. Oh, and my throat has been a little scratchy since yesterday, but so has DH's! :)

That all sounds great Wish! My fingers are firmly crossed that Ace is snuggling in right now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->