38 and TTC first baby, anyone else?

Ellie, what a great idea to learn the drums. I can imagine smashing the crap out of them is probably a great stress reliever! I bought a piano last year and played it quite a bit in the first half of the year then since I had my ectopic and work was really shit I seem to have got out of the habit. Will try and sort that out when I'm back from Dubai.
Good work on the TSH result. Love a bit of good news! I never get the urge to test early but I don't see how it does any harm. Routing for you anyway.
MDC hope Dallas is ok.

Ellie I'm so glad about your TSH results and that you've responded so well to your medication. One more step in the right direction! That baby is coming soon!

great news, ellie!! that's awesome progress!
again - super cool about the drums. DH has a kit and he used to play but just doesn't anymore. I wish he'd pick them up again but I guess we really don't have a spot for them right now. He can bang around in the basement near the boiler! :haha:
I'm so not musically inclined but I WISH I could sign. I still sing along to just about everything. Sometimes I hit a note or two! haha

mdc - is home anywhere near Sacramento? Seems I might be heading there soon for a new client!

I kinda want to test early now. Thankfully tomorrow is a long day at the office, then it's Thursday and beta is the next day. So I guess I can wait.

Nearly time, Wish! How are you feeling about it now? FX for tomorrow! :hugs:

Ellie great news and fingers crossed!

Wish, I am so excited for you (testing early or not :winkwink: ). Sac town is just a couple hours away, so if you head out lets try to make something work!

So ready to get on the plane and zoom home. I took tomorrow off but have a couple meetings that I cannot cancel, but so need a day to chill. Femara is going well, but I did forget to take it the evening of day 2 and took it that next morning. Oops. It was such a crazy start to the meeting. My room was not ready when I checked in, had to change into business clothes in the bathroom, meeting ran 40 min over so only had 20 min to get to my room and change into cocktail attire, 2 hour dinner (crappy food) and then networking (my savior some wine), a couple emails, and then in bed at 1, just to be us at 6. No wonder I forgot.

well geez, mdc - with that schedule, the next morning seems still to technically be the same day! I'm so glad you get some relaxing time at home now.
I'll let you know about the trip details when I get them. I am not traveling alone - there is a team of us going out there. New client kickoff. So it may be hard to peel away but I'll see what I can do. :)

ellie - how are you feeling? your temps look great!!

star - did you get in for your hysteroscopy yet? or a date, at least?

chipie - how's Dubai going?

fi - how are you holding up?

dandi - how are you feeling? I know I should ask on the Bump Buddies thread...I'll ask there. :)

left - you've been awfully quiet - is all ok? I hope baby girl didn't come early!

afm - yeah, so...my brain totally thinks I'm pregnant. I was EXHAUSTED yesterday, like crawled my way to 5pm so I could log off for a bit (fell asleep around 7 the other night watching a Vice special with DH - only for a few mins, but I had no control). Was in a daze as I was making dinner. Managed to stay up until normal time of 9:45, but then my eyes popped open at around midnight and I was up for about an hour, maybe more. Horrible sleep the rest of the night but it was also the time when I could feel more cramping and sore boobs. The cramps are a little different, though - they kinda radiate through my groin joint/hip flexor area. Also, my cats could NOT get close enough to me. One was laying on my head. So my mind was literally already beyond the test and was like 'hang in there, little one! let's make it all the way this time!'. It's really like I have no control over it - I'm trying to remain balanced and cautiously optimistic but I'm failing and going full throttle positive! I think I've asked this before - is there some chemical that is sent to your brain notifying it that you're preggers?? I've felt this way for about a week now.
anyone who has been pregnant before - did any of you feel this way??

I'm loving those signs!!! They sound great and I'm sending positive pregnant vibes your way. What time is your beta tomorrow and how long does it normally take them to get the results back to you?

do they sound like anything you experienced??

I can go in anytime before 8:30 and they'll call me in the afternoon. I think last time was around 3. When i have blood work in the morning, I always stop for a breakfast sandwich at a place that shares a parking lot with Walgreens. I may have to go in for a test. How that makes any sense, I don't know.

The exhaustion and falling asleep way earlier than usual was probably my only real early symptom, so yes for sure! The falling asleep early and waking up later unable to go back to sleep is very very familiar to my experience. Also the pets being clingy. Not trying to give false hope because we've all been fooled by symptoms, but it sounds really really promising and I've got my fingers crossed!

Have I been quiet ???? I've been here :) I ain't going anywhere and no excitement here . I can tell you my dog was like your cats ... So cuddly out of character and the exhaustion !!! Uncontrollable ! All sounding pssitive . EVERYHTING crossed for ACE .

Wow MDC your job sounds pretty hectic! Way more hectic than what I deal with. Hope you get some chill time now.

Wish I'm loving all the positivity. There's no harm in that surely. I think we've all got to believe we can 100% do this and I'm really excited for you for tomorrow. FINGERS CROSSED!!! I'll be cheering you on from the Middle East!

I'm just at Gatwick airport about to board. I've never packed so many weird things for a holiday before: fertility lube, ovulation predictor, basal body thermometer, sticks to po, multi vits. I actually thought they might take the thermometer off me in case I use it as a lethal weapon! I'm on day three of my first month of temping, I can see how people can become obsessed with this. I'm actually starting to get really curious to see what my temp is each morning. Won't be able to do it tmw morning though as won't get much sleep on the flight. Boo :(.
Sunshine here I come though!!

Lol, I did that last summer when I went on holiday... A load of paraphernalia! It worked that time, got a bfp on my return home!

Afm, 8dpo and so unsure this month. I don't want to get my hopes up because I've been so disappointed in the past. Well, I'll know in a few days...

Well fingers crossed the sunshine and relaxation works small miracles for me then!

When will you test Ellie? I've been reading your TTC journal. Hope you don't mind. Wow that's some journey, I felt every heartbreak with you!

have fun, chipie! :boat::shipw:

mdc - I hope you're home safe and sound! :plane:

good to hear from you, left! thanks for keeping everything crossed!

I almost caved and tested today but I finally was able to distract myself with these boring test cases I have to write. Blah. :sleep:

Ugh! Your will power is driving me crazy Wish! :wacko::brat:

I know, i'm killing myself!! I think, again, it's b/c I'm kinda convinced. That paired with - I'm so convinced that if I saw a sparkling white response, I'd just die. Not sure I want that negative phone call either, but...I hate this position!!

Hello Ladies,

Lots of conversations going on here. I have been working and taking classes to renew some of my licenses and certifications. Its been a crazy week. TGIF..... tomorrow anyway. Am off the next 4 days....yay.

Thinking about all who are in 2 wk wait.

Wish- Cant wait to hear the good news tomorrow. I like those sighs. Any plans for super bowl?

Ellie- you too! Hope the 2 wk is coming along fine. Drum lessons sounds like fun.

Chipee- Dubai sound great right now. Away from this cold weather. I have only been to Dubai international airport only en route to Africa. Have fun and come back with a bfp:)

FI- hope you manage to control stress at work. I am so sorry you are going through this. Sending positive vibes your way to crush any stressful situation at your work. Glad that you are clear to start ttc.

Mdc- Glad you have a few days to relax before your travels begins again. You are also patient just like me mdc:) i know our it will pay off for us one day.

Left- glad all is well. We had missed your cheering

Dandi thanks for your continued support here. You are always encouraging.

Sugar how have you been?

Pothole, Krasa- hope all is well.

Afm, i will probably be doing the hysteroscopy this wkd. Maybe on Saturday. They will call me tomorrow in the morning to confirm. My doc gave me a script for cytotec to take the night prior to surgery. Has anybody been prescribed cytotec before hysteroscopy? I know its to help soften and dilate the cervix before procedure but am nervous to take it because of the mild to severe cramping side effects. I still have a long way to go. I start the stimulation process hopefully next week after my periods. So far we are set for ivf with ICIS/PGS/FET and if all goes well, am praying that all goes well, we will be pregnant in April. I know, long process but we decided to exhaust all possible avenues to get a healthy baby. DH did another SA today. Waiting for the results to see if everything is the same like last time or if we have any changes. This is where am at.

Have a good weekend my friends.

Star, so good to hear from you! I hope the hysteroscopy goes well and you recover quickly. You are doing the right thing making sure you have the best possible chance and I am sure it will be worth it so very soon.

Wish, I'm thinking of you today. It will be late here before you find out and I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Chipie, have a great time in Dubai. I hope the trip is your lucky charm!

Everyone else, lots of love from me.

I'm 9dpo and so nearly caved today, but it's so early still and I can't face a bfn. I may do my FRER tomorrow, if I'm feeling brave. I honestly have no idea what will be revealed. Obviously, I want a positive so very much, but I've had great temps and loads of symptoms so many times that I'm staying cautious.

Happy weekend everyone!

Well that was a fun flight of no sleep! Thankfully the hotel let us check in straight away even though it was 8am here when we arrived and I was able to get a couple of hours and take a probably slightly inacurate BBT. It's now 5pm here and I feel so groggy. Oh well, I've got 9 days of doing absolutely nothing to look forward to! :)

Star, hope the hysteroscopy goes well. I'm excited for you for your IVF cycle, will be cheering you on. Hoping to get on that journey soon too.

Things are definitely hotting up on here as well despite it being nearly the weekend. Wish and Ellie- let's bring those BFP's home!! I'll be asleep by the time you find out Wish but I'm routing for you both 100%!!!

Wish, did you cave and buy a test from Walgreens this morning or are you waiting out the beta results this afternoon?

Ellie- hold strong, don't test yet! I say try to wait until at least 12 dpo!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->