38 and TTC first baby, anyone else?

Lunch with mdc was awesome! We have a pic but I'll post (or you can, mdc) later cuz I'm on my phone. So cool to meet in person, wish we could all do it!!

Lovingly mentioned you all, our crew. ;) I need a nap now - I'll post more later.

Oh that's so lovely!!!
Can't wait to see the picture!
I'd love to be friends on Facebook with you lovely girls. If you would like to, my name is my user name and my profile pic at the moment is my dog :)

How exciting. You exist! IRL! Looking forward to seeing the pic. Glad you had a nice time you two.

I've had a lovely weekend not thinking about TTC AT ALL. Managed to get back some of my enthusiasm about the wedding. :). Then I sat down last night and read all about IVF, back on it, it all starts tomorrow eeeeek.

I'll look you up in a bit Ellie and see if I can find you on fb

How is everyone else?
MDC, did you get your drug delivery?
Krasa, sorry it's not the number you wanted, what's the next step- just waiting?

Crazy busy day at work so this will be quick.

Yes, lunch was so fun! I wish we could all get together!

Ok, I need some advice. So I have a crazy 17mm follicle that the doc thinks is left over from the last cycle. So with my estrogen levels >100 she thinks the inj is not really going boost anything and suggests I cancel. Ugh, what would you do? DH's schedule is crazy the next month (could probably squeeze in a frozen sample IUI-DH is traveling a lot) and I really feel like it is time to move on to IVF, but my insurance requires 3 IUIs first. Am I being too pushy and trying just to power through? Help :cry:

Does the Doc say that the injections might not work or they definitely won't work? If there is a chance it might still work i'd probably go for it. Waiting around now is doing none of us any favours. I'm a bit clueless about this sort of stuff though to be fair

Also nuts at work today-but wanted to jump in.

Mdc, does your insurance require 3 medicated IUIs before paying for IVF? If they will count unmedicated, I would go for it. You wouldn't be using any of the high-$ drugs and you could get one more counted toward when they will pay for IVF. If it has to be medicated, I would have to think about it...will they count the one you had last summer?

Hope everyone is having a great Monday.

Chipie, they said likely I will not grow new follicles, but I guess this one that is already big may work. Just need one right.

Krasa, insurance is kind of criptic...Ahhhh healthcare. On the website for their infertility section they say controlled ovarian stimulation for 3 cycles with or without IUI. Although they do say IVF is approved if they do not result in pregnancy, so not sure if my first iui/pregnancy will totally throw me out anyways.

Thank you both. So I decided to go into the US tomorrow and see even if it is a possibility that other follies are growing and try to talk to the doc. Right now I have only used 1 vial of Follistim so I could save it for IVF even if it is a bust. I might ask just to put in a PA for IVF now and see if (and why) they would deny it. I hate being that patient that is going against my docs advise, but my RN said I was being to hard on myself.

Oh yeah, and for those that are nervous about injections Follistim was really nothing and that is coming from a injection phobic. I know you all told me, but man it was so not a big deal.

I almost forgot....our first bnb reunion! For some reason I cannot rotate the photo. Hopefully Turing your neck 90 degrees will not hurt to much.

I promise we did not try and look like twins. :haha:

You are both so lovely! I'm guessing, Mdc, you are on the left? I wish we could all meet up!

Good luck with whatever you do, Mdc. I don't know anything about insurance things. We have the NHS and then, if that doesn't help (as in my case), it's your savings. I really hope I don't have to do ivf, as it is super expensive.

Wow yes you both look lovely! How do you know who is who Ellie?!

I'm at the Lister hospital for my first scan/appointment. Eek! Wish me luck.

Good luck today as well MDC

hi girls! cheers at 4:45am from not-so-sunny California! My clock is so messed up.
Nope, that's me - the giant on the left :) pardon the dark circles under my eyes - loooong day. I went up to my room and basically passed out for the night (and it was only 3:30 in CA!).

chipie - good luck with your appt! let us know how it goes. What are you doing today? first scan for active follies? Off you gooooooooo!!!

ellie - how are you feeling after your procedure? all good now? I'll look you up on FB. :)

mdc - I'm glad you pushed for the IVF approval - sometimes we need to sharpen our elbows and make our way through. :bodyb: Heck, no time like the present anyway and if you get this IUI underway, then you'll be ahead of the game. And maybe, just to be ironic, THIS will be the IUI that works!!

Hello to everyone! Work is just nutty this week, sounds like it is for a lot of us. I am definitely testing my stamina here! Still just hoping that AF stays away for one more day, at least. Then we are good to go for my cycle.

I hope you all have a great rest of your week! I'll hop on again when I can!

ellie - I just sent you a friend request. My pic is of one of my kitties! :)

Happy Tuesday Ladies,

Chipie all the best with the scan today.

Mdc and Wish you both look lovely. Thanks for the pic.

Wish- Am hoping AF stay away!

Mdc, hope it works out in what you have decided. I wish insurance was easy with ttc.

Nothing much here. Still waiting for AF too!

So much fun to see you two together! I'm glad you had the chance to meet. =)

Crossing my fingers for you Wish that af stays away.
I looked you up on fb Ellie but I couldn't find you, I'll try again in a bit.

First scan was fine. It was just to check that my lining was thin and ovaries quiet before we start. But then my appointment with the nurse was a bit of a disaster. They'd totally messed up and put me on the wrong protocol. She said the agonist protocol won't work if I've been on bcps so they should never have suggested that. They've totally changed it now so I'm not starting until next Monday then I've got to do a week of Suprecur before I even start Menopur. Which puts me 2.5 weeks behind where I should have been. If they'd told me that in the first place I would have never started the bcps and made the decision to start straight away. Plus I've made loads of arrangements around being available the next few weeks and paid extra to be in London and now I'm not needed. I came home and had a bit of a tantrum (on my own). And then to make it worse, I sent df a couple of messages at work saying how upset I was and he just told me to leave him alone because he was busy and stressed. Which made me feel worse!

Sometimes it just feels like you can't get a break :-(

Yes, I am the shorty on the left with no excuse for the baggy eyes other than a crazy mind that won't stop to let me sleep. :haha:

Wish, stay away flo. They say even if you start in the late afternoon then the next day is cd1. And since you are also on the west coast you just have to make it a couple more hours :winkwink:

Chipie, so sorry about the mix up, but glad you are settled. As for DF that certainly would have made me so mad. Sometimes they just don't understand.

Hi to everyone else!

Thank you all again for the advice. Off to my appt and we will see what my crazy head will decide.

So you both claim to be on the left of the picture!!! It's just as well Wish has friended me on FB now, so I know who is who!

Oh Chipie, you poor thing. What a nightmare. Also, your DF needs to learn how to be supportive. Mine is getting there, but he's not perfect yet.

My temp plummeted today, so I'm crossing fingers for AF tomorrow.

Geez! Now I cannot even tell my right from left now :rofl: Shorty on the right is me.

Lol, you were on the left when you took the picture!!!
It's so great to put some faces to names :)

morning girls! no AF yet!! WAHOO!! we don't have to cancel, we don't have to cancel :happydance:

mdc - that dawned on me yesterday, the math with the time change! how did your appt go?

ellie - I hope AF comes quickly for you so you can get this show on the road.

dandi, star, krasa, pothole - hi!! :wave:

chipie - WOW, that's a nice mess up they made. Holy smokes. I'd have been PO'ed too - at the office and DF. It's a lot to be going through already and to now (at least this is me, right/wrong/indifferent) feel like you need to carry the brunt of it...not fair. I hope you're able to realign your schedule.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->