38 and TTC first baby, anyone else?

clearly i'm bored today or really just becoming insane about symptoms again so I tend to stalk BnB a little more. Not sure how it's related but it happens. I seem to have a lot of energy today and a lot of time on my hands b/c I have very few meetings. So I'm doing a couple tasks at work but trying to get in plenty of chores too. Laundry, litter box cleaning, bed stripping, maybe even a bathroom or two scrubbed. Still only feeling sore boobs and they don't seem quite as sore today. I know things come and go and all could be due to progesterone so I'm going to just try to stop.

Have a fantastic weekend, mdc!! can't wait to hear about it!
And I understand you feel that's morbid but it is understandable. I personally think any free shot is worth it! But I get that you wouldn't want something to happen again. Just remember - IVF isn't a sure shot either. It will happen when it's ready to happen. So trying this month, I think, is worth a shot if you have it! But if not, no harm no foul. :hugs:

Congrats! STAR! That's an awesome beta number. I'm thrilled for you.:happydance:

Hello everyone!

Did everyone's other halfs attend on egg transfer day? Df has just told me he's going away :-(, ridiculous. Obviously he has to be there for ER but he's not attended any other appointment apart from 1 at the beginning

my DH attended 2 transfers and the IUI (b/c he obvi had to be there for that one). He hasn't come to the last 2 transfers and quite honestly, I was cool with it. It's a pain in the butt, I have to go down to a place in MA about an hour away, it's usually on a work day and he had meetings. No biggie. I get it, though - the emotional part of me was like 'be there with me from the beginning!!!' but it just didn't work out.

Thanks Wish. That makes me feel a bit better. He's actually gone back on what he said and said he'll come now (and even apologised which is rare!). But he's given me a bit of a choice - if he comes he is saying he has to tell his parents what's going on (it's them he's supposed to be going away with) which I'm strongly opposed to. When I had my ectopic and he told his parents, they told his Aunty who then told the whole village. I had people I'd never met coming up to me and asking me about it. I was more than livid and still am!
So actually I may tell him not to bother. My only issue with this is that I wanted him to look after me for a couple of days afterwards but maybe I'm better off alone.

Wow that was a lot about me. Good to get it off my chest tho. How is everyone else?

My DH didn't come to my appointments and scans with Mr Akande until the time I was told about the polyp and then drove home in a real state, crying hysterically. He now comes along to everything because he doesn't like the idea of me driving upset. I had also guilted him about not coming to anything! I feel that we need to be in this together as much as possible, but I won't make him miss work or gigs. All my appointments are evening ones anyway at the moment.

ohhhh that would fire me up too, chipie!! don't nobody need to be knowin' our bid-ness!
you'll honestly be so fine after the transfer. It's like a pap. Go home, take up space on the couch with some yummy (warm) food, some tea and watch your fave movies that DH doesn't like. Make it a 'you & embie' day!

Oh i'm feeling just nutty over here. Happens every damn time. Zen at the beginning, but towards the end of the TWW I can't help it.
Had some AF cramping this morning and boobs still hurt. This was the first real strong bout of cramps.

other than that, i'm still trying to avoid work! being pretty successful at it, too. I should stop. :)

Wish, have you decided if you're going to test this weekend or just wait for the beta?

hi dandi! no, I haven't decided yet. My mom doesn't want me to and DH certainly doesn't want me to so I might just hold off.

Chipie, I would be so livid also. No need for the village to know at all unless you are the one offering it up. I could not imagine after my mc if people I did not know would just come up and ask. I am not sure if it is fair to have you choose either. Not that I have done an ET, but my neighbor said it was no biggie also like Wish. I would say what ever is going to be less stress is the way to go.

Wish, all these sound so promising! You cannot make those up!

Afm, got my mock calendar so as long as my body cooperates this month May stim cycle. :wohoo: We will be doing pgs so still a long road and have to make sure the baseline is clear. Still progress is progress!

Mdc, that was foreign to me, but you sound excited, so I am too!

Star, good luck today!

Wish, am keeping my fingers crossed.

Chipie, hope those eggs are all plumped up ready!

Afm, period now 2 or 3 days late but bfn. I'm supposed to be having cd3 bloods today... Going to have to rebook them for Monday and just hope it starts by then. Ugh. The one month I want it to start asap and it's delayed.

Thanks MDC yeah I agree, there's no way this should be an ultimatum for me. But I think I'll be forced to chose the lesser of two evils which will be to do ET on my own. The thought of even his parents knowing my business makes me feel sick. My parents don't know.

Good luck today Star

So things going a bit more your way now MDC. About time! What is PGS? Good luck in getting it all started and hope baseline tests are all good.

Ellie, I swear that always happens. My period was 6 hours later than it normally is and it meant we had to start IVF nearly three weeks later and do a completely different longer protocol. Honestly, I hate her.

Have you done any work yet Wish? I avoided it all of yesterday

Good morning ladies,

Mdc- I am so thrilled for you. May is around the corner. This is sure a good progress to have a calendar. I too was so excited the day they gave my calendar thought I knew the transfer won’t be until March and I got my calendar beginning January. Did they at least tell you what protocol you will be on? In the meantime, have a wonderful weekend. Enjoy the wine now as much as you can

Ellie- I know the feeling, the one month you want her to come quick that’s when she takes her sweet time. You are so invested in your journey with the research and the next steps in your ttc. I have a feeling it will pay off one day. All this hard work will be rewarded with a little one on your arms one of these days. C’mon AF be here quick! This is the antibiotic month right? All the best!

Chipie- I went to all my monitoring appts alone. Even the first consultation appt I was by myself. I really didn’t care that DH wasn’t there. DH was actually opposed to IVF because of his religious background but now he is excited and talking about it all the time. He was only there during ER and ET because it’s an hour away from our place. They also need somebody to drive on ER because of the anesthesia. They also told me they will give me PO Valium on ET day and I know I easily get drowsy with such meds so it was good for DH to be there to drive me. I like the way Wish said it, ‘you and me embie day’. You will be fine. Oh, PGS is in short pre-implantatin genetic screening to examine any chromosomal abnormalities in your embryos before they transfer them.

Wish- Those are good promising signs. The cramping, boobs, energy. I was scared to test until I had the spotting and geared me into testing. Whatever you decided, I am optimistic it is good news.

Thank you Sugar, Dandi and Left for your support.

Well, just got home from beta. I am waiting for the call. One of the nurses there told me she will call me hopefully before noon. I still do not have major symptom’s other than mild cramping here and there and sore boobs that I have been having since the start of PIO. Hey, am not complaining. My behind is so sore from the PIO. I am now one month into them. The Lovenox injection also stings. But am just joyfully injecting myself everyday for the reward is priceless. I will update after the call.

I can't wait for your beta update!!

chipie - so you're triggering Sunday night, then? not long now!! Anything fun going on over the weekend to take up your time until then?

mdc - how goes the lovely weekend? I hope you're having fun. I'd be concerned if you weren't! I'm so excited your mock is here and you'll be starting everything in May!

ellie - I'm so glad to see the fresh new calendar. I hope the meds knock the socks off of those NKs!

energy is a good thing? I've been full of it during the day. I thought the utter exhaustion was the only good sign as far as pregnancy and I'm not feeling that whatsoever.
I'm 11dpo today, or 9dp2dt, and I really want to go buy a test at this moment. Actually I want to buy 4 cheapies and do them for the next 4 days. But I really dread seeing stark white. So I'll just continue to monitor the goings-on in my body like a hawk. :)
I have only a couple of meetings again today, so another slow one. Pretty excited about that. Guess that means I'll be googling every possible thing I'm feeling to see if it's tied to pregnancy. You'd think I'd have hit the end of the WWW on this topic by now!
Actually, I have this guilty pleasure website I like to go through called 'TWW':
https://www.twoweekwait.com/bfpsymptoms/dpo/index.html

a lot of it is utter nonsense but it's fun to look through.

Yes, although it's not actually started properly, my cervix has blood so it is on its way at last... I'll have to put cd1 as tomorrow if no flow until then. I'll start the abx tonight.

Star, I can't wait for your result. Come on super beta!

Yes my follies were 20, 16, 15, 14 and 11 so they've pushed me out to Tuesday because they said as the biggest isn't too big, it gives the small one some time to see if it can catch up. I've got my trigger and I'm all set with my instructions to trigger at 11pm on Sunday night. Got three more days of Menopur to get through yet though, never ending! So glad it's the weekend and I can chill out, no plans at all Wish apart from some wedding prep. I'm so not going into work on Monday as well, they'll never know.

And yes I've read that website Wish. It is bordering on crazy behaviour for sure.

Star, fingers crossed for a great second beta. Reading your message made me tear up a bit (I'm all about the tears today ladies!) You are such a caring and kind person, you really deserve this. I'm so pleased for you. And doing it all by yourself at first! Df will come to ER with me so that's one thing at least.

And come on Ellie's af, let's see you properly. Horrible visuals in my head of your cervix Ellie, sorry! Never thought I'd say that to a stranger... :)

Lol, sorry! I started trying to check my cervix position a few months ago and found that I got brown discharge on it the evening before my period started properly (it always used to start first thing in the morning), so have got in the habit of checking it when she's due. I'm fastidious about washing my hands and it's a useful heads up!

I'm so chuffed that you've got 4 or 5 mature 'uns. That gives you a great chance :)

Haha no worries. Being the clueless one as usual on here, I've no idea how one checks ones cervix position. I wouldn't know my cervix if it slapped me in the face. Maybe that's a lesson for another day ;-).

And thank you :)

Chipie- you are so sweet. Those follies will catch up! Soon you will be PUPO too. I forgot to mention DH had to come to ER not only to drive me but also because his stuff was needed too. For real, I was fine with going to those appts by myself. Hehehehe that is so funny about visualizing Ellies cervix!

Wish- I just went to that website and it sure was fun to look through. Some of the symptoms you have been experienced by some of the people on that website that got a bfp…..that’s good news.

Ellie- Yay, AF is on its way. Excited for you.

No call yet. I have a lunch date in hr with two of my girlfriends that I have been keeping this from and I am not sure I want to get the call during this time. I will call the clinic before my lunch date or after if I do not hear from them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->