38 and TTC first baby, anyone else?

thanks girls

yep, i thought of that - Ellie, do you happen to have that article handy again? #toolazytofindthepost
thanks!

I'm sorry Wish, but I'm still crossing my fingers for the beta could hold some hope! I love that you're looking into the possibility of donor eggs. I know you're not necessarily into this option, but you may want to also look into some info about embryo adoption. I remember reading a story about a couple who adopted an extra frozen embryo from another couple who had completed their family and it was a really beautiful story about saving them from more negative cycles and saving the little frosty from being destroyed and how it all worked out in the end. I wish I could remember that baby's name so I could find that blog! Just something else to put on your list of things to google when you have down time. Thinking about you!

Edit: Found it! Great read for everyone, regardless. https://dontcountyoureggs.typepad.com/blog/embryo-donation/

Here is the post! It certainly changed the way I saw things...

I have just been reading about something called epigenetics, which shows that using donor eggs does not prevent the child inheriting anything from the mother. I think having to use donor eggs would be initially heart-breaking but this information might help someone coming to terms with the idea.

A quick Google search found this article.

I've started my last round of Clomid.
I'm having a surprisingly heavy period, considering I had a D&C last week!
Happy weekend everyone xx

Wow Dandi, that blog! I've been reading it, crying, reading bits aloud to DH, crying, nodding, crying... It's amazing... What a story. If I do have ivf, am successful and have any extra embryos, I'll be donating them. Bearing in mind my amh number was a ridiculous 78.9, I would get a few eggs. Hoping the doxycycline is going to help me do this without ivf, especially with the horrendous nausea it's given me!

Hope you all had a good Monday. We had my niece (nearly 5) and nephew (10) over yesterday until just now. Was great but quite tiring when I've been wanting to throw up all day! I did read just now that the nausea caused by tetracycline antibiotics is akin to morning sickness, so maybe this is training...!

Wish only reading up now . Sorry about the home pregnancy test but maybe it is too soon . I did think tommrow was beta day . Hoping that it all was too soon for a home test and that the betas come back with an amazing SUPRISE :)
Re : doner eggs . If it were me I wouldn't think twice , I'd definetly go for it and I love the idea of embryo adoption . People become mums in lots of different ways :)

Elliesorry your feeling sick there is nothing worse than that washing machine feeling uck .

This article shows how our children will be advantaged by our delaying motherhood! Flying the flag for the older mummies :)

good morning, my lovelies!

thank you for all of the article and blog postings! dandi - I remember when you posted that blog and I spent a good 4 days reading it from the beginning! That couple went through absolute torture! I had brought up the idea to DH about embryo adoption, more like 'hey, I didn't know you could do this' and he didn't like it. His standpoint is that there are already SO MANY children already born that need a home, why go to the extent of adopting an embryo. That was his immediate reaction anyway, not sure if it's changed.

So yesterday's beta was actually positive, but very low (11.82). So it wasn't able to be picked up on the morning home test. I go in for another test tomorrow. It can be one of 3 things:
- ectopic
- chemical
- late implanter

Soooo - if the #s double tomorrow, I think chemical can be thrown out. But then we have to wait 2 weeks for an ultrasound to be able to see the location b/c it could still be ectopic.
Granted, I did go in a day early for the beta so hoping things change a lot there too. Not many success stories out there of really low first betas, but they are there.
However, my right boob no longer hurts, so I think I'm losing symptoms. I went to acupuncture this morning to relax, it did the job.

chipie - I said it on FB this morning but GOOD LUCK!!! You should be out by now, i think!! Please let us know how everything went once you are home and out of your fog. :flower:

ellie - yuck!! I'm sorry you're feeling so sick from the meds! ugh, they better be worth it and do their job!

Happy Tuesday everyone!

Wish, I am holding out for late implanter with all of my good juju being thrown your way! Have a nice talk with your embie and ask them to double away in the nice cozy uterus.

Dandi, thanks for the blog! How are you feeling?

Ellie, how are you feeling this month? I hope doxy is treating you better...and you totally need it with food. I made that mistake before and it is not fun. Glad you had a good time with your niece and nephew.

Hi, to everyone else.

So I am all about turning over a new positive namaste leaf and purging all negative things and feelings (at least for now :haha: ). I decided a new outlook was necessary and as DH put it what was the point of being all doomsday...if s@#t happens it will and there is nothing you can do so why just let negative thoughts ruin your happiness today. Poetic huh :rofl: Now that is not news to anyone, but it is so easy to forget. Project Happiness is in full force. I decided to chop my hair for a fresh start...DH did not love that one as much ha ha ha! I am starting a bit of a diet clean up starting today for 7 days, to drop a couple pesky exogenous estrogen/progesterone pounds. Today is a day of only fruits and cabbage soup so wish me luck. Good thing DH is going to to SoCal for the weekend, because I am sure I am going to get cranky.

And with cabbage soup smelly :thumbup: :winkwink:love the new PMA :thumbup: wish good luck for today . Hi to everyone else :) ill catch up properly soon xxxx

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 0
Hoping like crazy it's a late implanter Wish. You never know what may happen.

I love it, mdc. I'll meet you there. Right now I'm not exactly 'happy' but I am all about the 'it is what it is and there is zero I can do to help it'. So I guess that's some state of zen. Cabbage soup??? ew. hahaha Good luck on the cleanse - I'm sure it'll all do you a mountain of good to feel like you are giving yourself some extra care. Thank you for all the good juju!! Believe me, this embie and I have had some chats. :telephone:

left - I love the image you posted!

thanks, dandi - you are so right. I took my 2nd digi test that comes in the box, with smu, and it was a 'no'. But even if I doubled in one day, I don't think think it still would be high enough to be caught on the FRER. So we shall now wait to see what tomorrow brings.

The soup is pretty yummy! I did puree the veggies instead of just leaving everything whole because I am not sure big chunks of cabbage are my jam :haha: Oh and I add a little Braggs apple cider to make it even healthier.

Wish, yes really early to get a digi to be positive. I think digis are for some reason less sensitive too. Excited for your beta tomorrow!

Wish- I am praying and hoping just like the other ladies that we have a late implanter. Please embie....we need a miracle.

Mdc- am loving the PMA. I did try that cabbage soup diet one time, it worked but I was full of gas. All the best with it.

Dandi and Ellie- Thanks for the articles.

Dandi- Hope all is well.

Ellie- How many days do you have to take the doxy? Am sorry if you mentioned this before. I hate being sick from abx. Hopefully its for a short duration.

Chipie- All the best today. Thinking about you!

Left- How are you doing busy mama?

Hey everyone. Just got home from hospital. ER went well and they got 5 eggs so that's a good start. Now the nervous wait to see how many survive. Bracing myself for disappointing news tomorrow. Feel a bit jaded but df is reluctantly cooking dinner for me.

How's everyone else? Wish crossing fingers for you tomorrow, come on little bean I'm sending you some special Chipie love.

Ellie, ugh feeling sick sucks. Hope it passes soon.

MDC you're sounding in a great positive place! You are right that there is just no point in negative thoughts at all! I need to diet too, probably not the best time to start it this week though. Bought a massive tub of chocolate crispy cakes on the way home from the hospital and ate the lot, oops.
How short is your hair?! Bet dh will get used to it.

Hi Star, what's going on with you? Any symptoms?

Hi Dandi and Left hope you're doing well

How are you, Star? How long until next beta? Any new symptoms?

Wish, good luck tomorrow.

Chipie, how did it go today? How many did they retrieve? Not long until you are PUPO!!!

Mdc, I need to follow your advice but it's really hard to keep my chin up when I feel like vomming all day. I'm loving your attitude though and your DH sounds like a wise chap. Mine came back from squash saying we both need to lose weight. He's right. I'm going to start swimming again, I think.

I have to take the doxycycline for about 2 weeks, until I ovulate. Part of me is hoping for early ovulation and part of me wants to take the whole 14 days so it's sure to work. It's really vile at the moment though, my eczema is also flaring up badly so I'm taking antihistamine and then I'm drowsy. It's all ok while I'm on holiday, but I'm back to work next week.
I feel like a walking pharmacy this month:
AM: levothyroxine, doxycycline, antihistamine
PM: doxycycline, antihistamine, clomid, folic acid
I'm looking forward to feeling excited and hopeful in a couple of weeks though. It will be great to feel like I might have a chance to get a bfp at last!

Chipie! Congrats. Thats a good #. You have done youe part, lets now be optimistic of good news tomorrow. Take it easy today and enjoy your DF's dinner. How many are you planing to transfer?

Ellie- I didnt know you had to take the doxy until you ovulate. Well, days go fast. Soon you will be done.

Other than sore boobs I do not have any symptoms at all! And I mean at all. Left did mention that she also didnt have any symptoms(I think its Left) at the begining so I am ok with being symptoms free for now.

chipie - that's great!! I can't wait for the fertilization report! yes, how many are you transferring and do you have a flex schedule or transfer on a particular day? SO excited for you! Also glad that DF is taking good care of you.

star - that's good to know that just your boobs hurt!

ellie - ugh. I'm so sorry AGAIN that you're feeling awful.:sick:

mdc - ahhh, pureed would be way easier to take.

Thanks girls. Ha I dont have answers to any of your questions! #unprepared. Will see what tomorrow brings eek

star, I think your next beta is tomorrow, right? good luck!!

Wish, yes tomorrow is beta day for both of us. I am hoping for good news for us both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->