38 and TTC first baby, anyone else?

Wish- l am so sorry. We all wanted this so bad. We can all tell you have it in you to be a mother. You are always encouraging and optimist no matter what. You are jovial, I have never met you in real like but feels like l know..... hey we got married on the same day, same year:). We all believe you will one day be a mother. I second what Dandi and Left had said. The road has been tough but it will be different one day. Much love and I will continue sending prayers your way.

Hello to everybody else.

Sorry Wish sending a big hug.

Good luck everyone. I'll be popping back to see how you're all getting on and sending lots of positive vibes X

thank you all so, so much. This loss is really showing me how much I want to be a mom. I think that's why I'm immediately now so open to a donor egg (or 2!). The success rate will be so much higher.
I'm also going to ask about testing for NKCs. Ellie, you've inspired me! I don't want some awesome eggs transferred only for my body to perform kung fu on them.

Wish ask about steroids after those tests too. I was on steroid for my endometriosis and nk cells. When I had my mymectomy they also found out I had stage one endometriosis. Believing for a successful journey Wish.

I honestly think NKC testing should be done as standard since it's really common.

Star, any news yet? Anxiously waiting to hear!

Last clomid tonight, phew... I'm always uptight that I'll miss one and mess up my whole cycle. I don't know what the effect would be in fact. Since I was already ovulating, I'd probably still ovulate but without the boost that clomid gives me. It's quite odd to me that I've had 2 mature follies each of the 3 cycles on clomid I've been scanned. Anyway, here's hoping I have 2 again (i'm not having a scan this month) and that DH's spermies find their target and my lining is all clean and lovely from the vomit-inducing doxy treatment!

Ellie- I had to work last night, didnt get a chance to update my beta. It was 11000. I have an US scheduled for next week Tuesday. Hoping and praying that all goes well with the US. Just one step at a time in this journey.

Hello to rest of the ladies.

Wowee that's a great number! I'm so pleased :)

holy cow, star!! That's an amazing number! I can't wait for your US! I have such a good feeling for you that this is it!
and thanks - what did the steroids do? I don't think I have endo or anything funky like that but who knows.

ellie - wahoo! one step down - no more clomid. Now you just need to end that gross doxy and catch the egg! :)

Wow Star, I don't know much but that sounds like an incredibly high number! Congrats!!

Ellie, I'm excited about cheering you on this month. This is gonna be the one :)

Star, what an amazing number you must feel so thrilled! I just found out my doc does pio for Fet also. Help?!?!?!

Ellie, glad your last clomid is done...bring on the spermies! :haha:

Chipie, how are you feeling? How are your embies doing?

Wish, so glad you are open to DE and you will be the best mommy! Let us know how the research goes! Nerd alert...the steroids help decrease the immune system and stop the pesky NK cells from rejecting the baby. It is still a new field but growing. Sometimes they also use IVIG (super $$$$) or intralipids and one other group I cannot remember.

Hi to everyone else!

Day 3 of my fun cleanse. Yesterday I do have to say I was so HUNGRY! My friend had a burger and crinkle cut fries and I just wanted to dive in...but I stayed strong. Today is the lovely soup :winkwink: and all the fruits and veggies I want. So, hopefully the variety will make things better. I did go up 0.2 pounds from yesterday, but still below my usual max. I have an email out to my RN (shocker I know) because if the need to do a saline sono I hope that they can do it the same month as ER. I would think since it is not a fresh cycle I would not see a problem, but ugh if I have to wait again! Positive PMA...positive PMA no hitches! On a better or more confusing note. I have been asked to consider an internal position over one of our biggest clients. Excited to be recognized, but also concerned because usually a new job means more travel especially in the beginning. Ugh! I am going to talk with them and learn more. I do have my calendar blocked off for the last two weeks in May and I could use pto if I have to. Hate to start off on the wrong foot if they do decide they want me (they are also interviewing others) by saying I cannot travel for 2 weeks. Guess we will wait and see and I know it will all work out.

I just wrote a long post and it lost it, ugh! Thank you for being so optimistic for me girls. After trying for so long, I'm finding it hard to imagine that I might actually have found and treated the problem. It's hard to keep hold of PMA sometimes.

Wish, the steroids can be used to treat NK Cells. It's controversial though and there has been evidence that the steroids themselves can be harmful to a foetus. I'll be given them if I do ivf privately, as my consultant is doing research into this area. Not sure about NHS funded ivf though, even with same consultant... Things aren't always joined up in UK healthcare.

So, nearly the end of my 2 weeks off. I'm into school tomorrow to run a revision session for Year 11s and then back to work on Monday. Dreading the early mornings, but I should ovulate next week so that will be fun :)

We cross posted Mdc. Fingers crossed things work out and you don't have to delay any more! Good luck for the promotion too :)

As far as I know, the embies are doing good MDC but I'll find out more tomorrow.
Pio does not sound fun, I don't envy you.

Ellie, I've been off this week too and I am not looking forward to going back next week at all. What am I going to do without my afternoon naps?

So it's (hopefully) egg transfer day for me tomorrow. Anyone who's been through it got any tips or things that might help me? Do you literally just get up from the table and walk away? I can't imagine not wanting to cross my legs!

How ru doing wish?

The woman who's making our wedding cake just came round and made me try a load of samples and I feel sick now!

mdc - awesome job on staying strong on the cleanse!! You are stronger than I - I've been saying yes to way too many carbs lately, I gotta stop. Though I did hop on the scale today to find that I'm down a pound, which is wonderful to see. All of the meds can leave my system now and I can get down to my real weight. And I want to start up running and my kickboxing again. I hate having to keep starting/stopping. Thankfully, spring is finally sprung here so I'm going to enjoy the running while I can before it gets too humid.
Congrats on the potential promotion too!! I doubt they would pass on you if you already have PTO set up. They should not base their decision on something like that and if they do, perhaps you don't want that job anyway. Choosing someone less qualified b/c you already had vaca scheduled...nope! Keep us posted - good luck!!

ellie/mdc - thanks for the notes on steroids. I'll def ask about that. I was thinking even about a 'foreign' object being in my body, since it wouldn't be my egg, if my body would accept it. we'll see.

chipie - I'm beyond excited for your PUPO day tomorrow! Have you decided how many you're going to transfer? As far as tips - the office will tell you if they want you to lay there for a bit, but I just get up and go. And run straight to the bathroom b/c you need a full bladder for the procedure to get your uterus into the proper position. Don't worry - you don't lose the egg! :) I would say just go home and chill, or go out to lunch with someone. Treat yo'self! Chipie-specific movies, some yummy warm foods on the couch. Eat and drink only warm things or nothing colder than room temp for the next 2 weeks. Keep that abdomen warm. Soups, decaf tea and coffee, cooked veggies or raw veggies matched with a warm protein (chicken salad). That's all the stuff my acupuncturist recommended.
What kinds of cake did you get to sample?? mmmmm....caaaaaake

I'm doing ok - wish my boobs would stop hurting. It's just a reminder. And now I just want AF to get here. I wish my vacation was aligning with when I'm ovulating next but it'll be too soon. Oh well! I need to just relax and enjoy these few weeks off but of course I'll just be counting down the days until I can get started again.

Thanks Wish ahhhhhhhh I'm nervous!

We've been eating sponge cake samples to taste different icings. So over the top because I'm not even that bothered but there you go, no one turns down free cake

Wish: Im happy to see you staying so positive even though this has been such an arduous journey for you. Look forward to reading the happy ending to all of this. <3
Star: :happydance: :baby:
Chipie: GOOD LUCK!
MDC: Lots to think about re: work! It's always nice to be recognized when you've worked so hard
Dandi: Hope all is going well with the pregnancy

Where is this FB group?!?! Is it just for folks TTC?

Hello ladies. Well...no PUPO for me...just yet. The saga continues! I was half way on my journey this morning when I got a call from the lab. My three embies are still with us!! Great news. I have one at 8 cells and one at 6 cells which she said were just about on track with what they expect and she graded them 1-2. Then my little one at 4 cells she graded maybe a 3 or even a 4, can't remember, it was a lot to take in! So their advice was to wait until day 5 (Sunday). They assured me that if they are going to grow, then the conditions in the lab are as good as in me but that it was up to me and I could go ahead today if I wanted. I had 20 mins before my next train was leaving to quickly call df and decide. So we've decided to wait. If none of them make it to day 5 then there's no transfer and that scares the hell out of me. But then at least I can move on with my life and try and look forward to my hen do in 2 weeks where I'll at least be able to have a drink! I'm nervous now though, more nervous than I've ever been. I cried all the way home on the bus. I can't believe how much emotional energy we invest in this journey, it's exhausting. Praying that my little embies make it, they are doing so well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->