38 and TTC first baby, anyone else?

Chipie- Thinking about you today. All the best. In a couple of hours you will be PUPO!

Mdc- Congratulations on the promotion. Hope it works out with your ivf schedule. Yes, welcome to the world of PIO. My RE stated he preferes PIO with pts my age. I am 39 by the way, incase anybody forgot:) I hated the idea of PIO but am still doing them. I just warm the vial first, and after injection I use a warm compressor on the site. I do not ice the area before injection anymore. Guess I have become a pro.

Wish- yes do ask for all the test and ask your RE about his/her input on steroids too. I have everything crossed for you in the next phase of this journey.

Ellie- Few more days until you are done with doxy:) May this cycle being a bfp!

Jessicat- Thanks for stopping by and wishing as well. Hope all is well with the baby and everything.

Happy Friday and a wonderful weekend ladies.

Chipie- missed your post. First of all congratulations your embies are doing Great! I know the feeling of what if this and that. Just be optimist that they will grow until Sunday. Can they call you tomorrow with an update? I am thinking about you and just sending positive energy for the next 2 days.

Yikes Chipie, that must have been a tough one but you've made a good decision. I have everything crossed for you for Sunday xxx

I agree with the ladies, Chipie! Sounds like you have a couple of strong ones there and I know the success rate is so much higher if they can survive 'outside' until Day 5! It's nerve-wracking for sure but keep sending those positive vibes out to them. They'll do great!

star/mdc - ouch. No PIO shots for me, thank goodness.

jessie - I'm so glad you're back! let's have you join the FB page! it's a secret page so we'll need to invite you. PM me your real name if you want, I'll find you.

I just had the call with that Nurse Service that my insurance offers. It was pretty good but she really couldn't tell me too much - she doesn't handle claims and a lot of the donor process details will come from the clinic and how they do things/how they bill things. So, things like if I buy frozen eggs, do I get them there? Do I get them elsewhere and ship them there? If we go fresh, do we have to pay for the compensation of the donor? Do I have to pay for her meds AND my meds? etc etc

much more to come on this...

I hope you all have a great weekend! Looking forward to your scan on Tues, Star!!

Wish, that sounds like a complicated process but one which I'm sure you'll get your head around with a bit of research etc. How exciting though. Keep us updated because we can all learn something.

Ellie, are you finishing the doxy soon as Star says? That's good. It's always a relief to finish anti biotics I find and especially as these have been so awful to take.

Everyone else have a great weekend and if you get a spare minute, say a little prayer for my embies :). Sunday is going to be an interesting day!

I'm sending lots of love and growing/dividing power to the embies!

I have to keep taking the doxy until I ovulate, which is likely to be on Wednesday/Thursday. They aren't as bad now I'm not taking them on an empty stomach. I've made DH take them too now, I asked the consultant if it might be a good idea and he said it can't do any harm...

Prayers being said for embies here in Ireland this weekend . Xxxxxx
Wish I hope your doing ok you have not had an easy couple of weeks . Hope this weekend brings something nice your way . Ellie hope the ucky feeling has gone on the meds

Everyone have a lovely weekend xxxxxxxx

Chipie, that is way too stressful and I really think you made the right decision. I will send all my positive karma your way to make sure your embies keep on the up and up. I will also stalk away this weekend and cannot wait for you to be PUPO!

Star, happy weekend to you also...or newest momma! I am psyched for you ultrasound. They are truly magical! Can I hire you to give me my first pio? :haha:

Wish, wow so many moving parts, but you are so on top of it. I am estatic you are forging ahead, and cannot wait for your next phase.

Ellie, good luck with O, and I am so happy the doxy is better.

Hi, to everyone else!

Crazy busy day today, so just getting a chance to check in. Day 4 on the diet, and I had to do some modifications. It was supposed to be soup :winkwink:, bananas, and skim milk. I HATE milk it always smells spoiled, so needless say that was a no go. I am substituting Greek yogurt and no salt cottage cheese. Down about a pound so chipping away. Since DH is out of town I decided to book a nice long massage in the city on Sunday because why the heck not, and since shopping is so close I may as well have a 'me' day :winkwink: Also on amazing news my saline sono can be the same month as my egg retrieval so we are on point. First step confirmed for the PMA marathon. So little ovaries go ahead and ovulate and AF show up around the 28ish, like good little ovaries and uterus should.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Wow Mdc, I'm so happy that you are finally going to get there! It's such a process we go through and you've had it really tough. I can't wait until you are safely pregnant and morning sicky!

mdc - so glad things are looking good!!! Enjoy your awesome 'you' weekend. Massages and shopping sounds incredible right now.

left - thank you. I think I'm starting to feel the weight of the past couple of weeks (my company is not doing well either, though my CA project is going exceptionally well and I got some really positive feedback the other day!). I'm mentally feeling a little sluggish and I think I want to go outside in the sun and just chill. however, I'm on a *#$*#($# work call for testing stuff right now and it's not working properly so of course, I have to stay on. It's almost 12:30 on Sunday and I've been on since soon after 10am. UGH!!

chipie - :hugs:

ellie - I'm glad you're feeling better!! not long now, I can't believe it!

Thanks Wish. For those who aren't on fb, my three embryos didn't make it to blast so no egg transfer for me. I'm obviously very disappointed but trying to stay positive and learn from what's happened. A couple of months off for me and then think about the next step. Df being really supportive so that's good. Hope everyone else is having a good weekend. One thing is for sure, I wouldn't be able to get through this without all your support so for that I want to say thank you

Oh Chipie, I am so sorry. We had hope. I am thinking about you and I am praying for future good news. I have hope it will happen one day. Sending much love your way. I will have to get on fb soon.

Mdc- thats good to hear about your Sono not being delayed. Mine was also in the same month as my stims month, at the beginning though. Hoping for good news from your sono. And yes, If l lived close, l would happily do your PIO shots:)

Wish- I am happy you are doing all the research on donor eggs. You are a strong girl and l have faith you will get through this and come home with your miracle. Did you sort the issue with work? I too feel the same, its so beautiful today but cant enjoy it for long because am working this weekend.

Ellie, not too long.....Fx for this cycle.

Hello to the rest of our supporters.

Chipie, I know I said it earlier but I am so sorry. You have a great attitude and not sure how you do it. Can you teach me?

Star, I would totally take you up on the pio. Ha! I am wondering if my RN would do the first and I would see it is not so bad.

Wish, that is awesome your ca project is going well, but boo for a Sunday call.

Big hello to everyone else.

Ok, so I have something I find hilarious that only my TTC sisters can understand. So I usually go au natural for my massages, but as I was using the loo one last time...tmi alert...a glob of ewcm. Omg! I would have died if I did not catch that before the massage. Can you even imagine?!?!?! Needless to say I added in my knickers to protect the innocent. And O is on its way. :happydance:

Thanks MDC and Star. I am a bit down but I'm sure it'll pass.

Haha re the ewcm MDC. Lucky escape. Think I need to get myself a nice massage though - what a good idea!

Bahahaha! I never even took much notice of my cm before TTC so I'm constantly amazed by it now. Massage, great idea!

:rofl: mdc - I always keep my knickers on just in case... I'm glad you had such a great weekend.

chipie - more hugs to you :hugs: this process blows chunks. I am glad you're able to take some time off and just enjoy your hen do and wedding now, though. What's the wedding date again? This is too much on a regular day to think about, let alone planning a wedding at the same time.

Wish rant/spill warning:
so - yeah - I think I need to give myself a little break. I think I'm going to beg off of BnB for a few weeks, at least until we get back from our trip to AZ and my mtg with the doc. My brain needs to reset and not be so obsessed with this. I won't have any answers until we have that meeting and quite honestly, I'm pooped. I talked with my mom this morning and she pointed out that I've been thinking about this monthly for 3 yrs straight and been putting my body through things for a year.
I want to go work out, enjoy spring, go for runs, maybe even sign up for a race. I haven't done that in a couple of years either b/c of this stuff.
I just wrote in another thread, I just want my period to be a period and not a constant reminder of failure, my choice to not have kids until later in life and how seemingly bad of a decision that was, and a reminder of what may never be. I also feel like we might be transitioning in our 'friend' world a little bit - everyone with kids is completely consumed by it, which they should be!! But we have very little in common with these people anymore and it's really sad for me. I noticed at that Wine/Choc/Cheese Fest that I went to and a jewelry party at a friend's house I just went to. All conversations are about the kids. Even one of my "closer" friends who I haven't seen in awhile - it was a little awkward b/c when asking what is new, her answer is 'the kids...Evan is almost crawling...and....' and I just feign interest. I feel like an awful friend. AND I think that people who know we're trying feel bad when that is their answer b/c they know I want it to be my answer too. I don't want their damn pity! ugh. So...I need a break. I almost want to take a break from FB too but if I do, I'll still totally be on that Messenger group. I can't NOT have updates from you girls, even on your daily lives! I love that chat, so please keep it up.
Thank you, my friends. :friends:

Wish, have fun on your trip, and you do what you need to do to hit the reset button. I will miss you on BnB, but I SO understand. As for the friend world it is so hard also, because you want so badly to be there and talking about your children. Life is just so utterly damn unfair. Biggest hugs to you.

Forgot to say too...if you need any recommendations in AZ let me know. I lived there for 13 years :thumbup:

Enjoy your down time Wish! You so deserve it! Recoup, reset, and recharge. Take time for all the stuff that's been on the back burner for a while. It will do you so much good and after your meeting, you'll be ready to charge back into your next ttc battle stronger than ever! :bodyb:

Wish sounds like a great plan ... What the term they use now ... I'm " unplugging" ie leaving all things techno behind . Think we all should do it from time to time . And putting ttc out of your mind for a few weeks is also a good idea :) you need a holiday from it:) you deserve it ... You have worked hard . Go ave an Amazing holiday , eat too much , drink too much , sleep too much. Have sex because you want too not because you have too :)

I totally an relate to the friends stuff . For years..... All my good friends have children hitting teenage years now and again we are noton the same page .

Enjoy your break wish see you on the flip side

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->