38 and TTC first baby, anyone else?

Hi everyone ... Sorry I've been reading and cheering you all on just have not had the time to respond . Say down to do personals last night and fell asleep . Ds is cutting back molars and is a right nightmere right now .... Like a Velcro child ! Xxxxxxxxx

Hi Ladies! Yes I have been stalking and cheering you all on. I started maternity leave today so maybe I won't get so behind with everyone's journey now.

I watched daytime tv today for the first time in a long time and the ABC morning show is doing a series about infertility. They featured an organization that I wish I had known about when I was going through my procedures. It's a company that offers grants towards reducing some of the costs. I'm still paying for hubbys reversal and my polyp removal and baby's almost here. This is the website. I hope it works for at least one of you because you all deserve a boost.

www.babyquestfoundation.org

Hi there!

I’m your latest fan and have just finished reading ALL 429 pages of posts, as I’m lying on my sick bed with a nasty bout of flu! It feels like a scene out of the ‘Never Ending Story’ where I silently scream out ‘nooo’ into the darkness at the injustice of infertility and cheer at the latest BFP! What a lovely, lovely group of ladies you all are!! I feel like I know you all so well! I’m sooo thrilled to be seeing the happy endings of many of you and continued progress of others, supported with such kindness and compassion. I was determined to finish reading to the end before posting. This is first time in reading forums where I’ve found an original thread that has spanned over such a long period of time and has been updated regularly – wow!

About me. I’m 38, soon to be 39 and trying to conceive my 4th child (so just stopping by to say Hi). I had a teen pregnancy at 15 years old (yes, 5 mins under a tree at a party, CAN result in a baby and no, I don’t encourage or condone teen pregnancy; but Praise God I chose life :), which resulted in my daughter who is now 22yrs and such a beautiful young lady (she’s currently working as an RN in Canada – chasing the snow and living the dream!); fast forward 8 years, I’m happily married and tried straight away to fall pregnant and it didn’t happen! Three years of trying, we decided to start testing and I fell pregnant in the same cycle as our HSG test (Yes, I’m one of those statistics!), fast forward another 15 years and with new a partner of nine years and we made the decision to try for a LO and it doesn’t seem to be happening (I also have PCOS). Over the last couple of months, I’ve cleaned up my diet - cut sugar/processed foods, added exercise (losing a bit of excess weight in the process), went OTT on the supplements - vitex, magnesium, chromium plus, l-carnitine, pro-biotic, maca, pre-natal multivitamin, fish oil, CoQ10, evening primrose oil – AND Cough Syrup to improve my limited CM [This works!!!) and added pre-seed with BD’ing (not bad, not bad at all). I started OPK’s for the first time and was SO excited to get a ‘positive’!!

Currently at 10DPO, but I know deep down it will be another BFN! I only have sore breasts (which is normal this time around), no cramping whatsoever or any other symptoms and we were only able to BD once – night of +OPK.

Hi Meekalnc! I've often wondered if anyone else reads these posts... I tried to read it all before posting last June, but missed a few pages in my haste to get to the present members. Thank you for your lovely comments, it is rare to find such a long running and regularly updated thread and it's such a special place.

Good luck with your efforts. I'm 9dpo today, so we are cycle buddies!

Ellie, sorry you had a bad day at work the other day it sounds frustrating. However, you are right. Keep the eye on the baby prize!

Left, poor DS and you must be exhausted. Hopefully it gets better soon!

Sugar, thanks for sharing and there is no way you are on Mat leave already! Almost, but not quite, labor watch!

Meek, that is dedication to read all the pages. Sorry your journey has been difficult, but I wish you the best of luck! Feel free to keep stopping in if you want. We are all trying to get our next BFP no matter how large or small our families are.

Pothole, how are you?

Hi Wish, reign, Chipie and everyone else!

So my big box o meds showed up yesterday and wowza! As I was unpacking, I noticed they did not pack my Follistim in a refrigerated case, so of course I called and they said oh...they must have forgot. That is an expensive $3500 mistake there. At least they offered to resend me the order. It can stay up to 77F, but I have no idea how hot the ups truck would get. Not taking chances here folks! Other than that boring boring for me on the TTC stuff. AF should be here next week. Anyone doing anything fun this weekend? We know what Chipie is up to :winkwink: We are just chilling and headed to a baseball game sat afternoon which will be fun.

Wow Mdc, I bet someone got a telling off for that mistake! I'm glad you noticed. I hope AF arrives quickly for you :)

Left, I'm glad things are improving.

My weekend is going to be good:

Sat midday shellac then off to a hog roast and open day for a local butchers...
Sunday morning I may POAS (gulp!) and then I might do Zumba as my old instructor saw DH yesterday and asked after me.
Sunday evening DH has a gig in a cool venue so I might go along.
Bank Holiday Monday we are going to my aunt's batik exhibition.

Lovely to have another long weekend!

I am too scared to test! I'm going to wait until I get the urge or AF arrives or AF is late, whichever happens first.

I had totally counted myself out (self preservation), but I have just had a moment of "maybe...". I fell totally asleep this afternoon for an hour. Absolutely sparko! I've woken up with little cramps, barely noticeable and too early for period cramps at 11dpo, as she's a good 4 or 5 days off.

Then I looked at my chart again and was, yet again, struck by how perfect it looks. It's been so chaotic since the cp that this is really unusually lovely! For anyone reading these posts in the future, here's a picture:
https://i65.tinypic.com/swa0ed.jpg
What do you think? Anyone think I should just POAS and get the agony over with?

Hope you are all having a great weekend. I'm off to DH band gig shortly!

Hi girls,
The last few days has been so busy at work. I have been so exhausted so even try and post. I have been thinking about you all.

Meekalnc- Welcome to our little group. Glad you could join us. We all need support in this journey. Did you test already? All the best.

Wish- It’s good to read your post. I know you are feeling some relief not thinking about ttc. Enjoy your trip. Looking forward to hearing your next step when you are ready to come post again. We sure do miss you.

Ellie- I would say test when you feel like. Your chart do look good though. Sending positive vibes. Enjoy your fun filled weekend and of course just test when you really do feel like.

Chipie- I can’t wait to hear about your wedding dress and all the preparation. It’s always fun to hear about wedding stuff. Have fun at your parents.

Dandi- Wow, can’t believe you are already in the 3rd trimester. Time really flies. I am sure you are busy getting stuff ready LO arrival. You asked about my symptoms, of late I have been so exhausted. Fatigue has kicked in big time. I have intermittent food aversion and nausea but I am still able to hold something down. My boobs are of course still sore. I actually do have less symptoms compared to so many but am not complaining at all.

Left- How is Ds doing now? I am glad you still have lots of time to spend with your babies. I am jealous of you guys maternity leave.

Sugar- Thanks for that link. Already on maternity leave? Do you feel ready? I am praying for the best for this last leg of the journey.

Mdc- Yes I do my own PIO most of the time. I have taught DH how to do them so the weekends we are both home together he does them for me but in middle of the week I am on my own unless am off and he can do it before he goes to work. I was not looking forward to doing them on my own but I had no choice. There was nobody to do them for me. The first time it took me like 15min to do it but it gets easier day by day. My ivf process from the first US to the FET was about 2 months. My first US was January 18 and my FET was March 24. That’s about 8 weeks. I am so excited for you. I know the feeling of receiving that first shipment of meds! It’s real now. Before you know it, you will be PUPO!

Well, my US is next week on Tuesday. It’s been 2 weeks since the last US and once in a while anxiety kicks in and I ask myself what if? Anyway, I am optimist that all will be well and leaving the rest to God.

Good luck today pothole . Keeping EVERYHTING crossed for a positive result for you .

Star, I got your us date wrong, but you sound like you are doing great. Exhaustion is the name of the game now and such a great sign LO is growing! Do you stand and do pio or I also read some poeople sit and cross the opposite leg and inj that way?

Ellie, holding out for you because things look great!

Pothole, hoping only the best news for you too!

Hi everyone else!

I think AF is on her way with a couple bright red drops this morning, so I just want her to show up. Very exciting, but nerve racking also. This is step one of like 1000, but step by step and keeping zen are the two things I can control!

Mdc- l stand and kind off bend the leg that am doing the shot on. Glad AF is on the way:)

Lovely Pothole, I'm hoping no news is good news but you know we are here for you, whatever the outcome.

Afm, I was going to test today, but my temp has started to fall, so I'll not bother. I've seen this pattern so many times that I don't hold out any hope now. I'd love to be proved wrong, but I'm just not feeling it.

I just spoke to the ccg and they have received my ivf funding request and will decide within 5 days. If they refuse it for any reason, I'll go straight to privately funded cycle. Either way, not long to wait. I'm trying not to let this cycle depress me. After all, I've only just got to a place where it's possible and so I have the standard 33% chance of anyone else... (maybe a bit more because Clomid gave me 2 mature follies)

Anyway. Love to all. Chipie, how was your hen weekend? xx

Edit: I tested when I got home and bfn. No surprise. Had a tantrum then dealt with it. This doesn't get any easier, but I am learning to reconstruct the bubble quicker.

I'm sorry about your temps Ellie. I'm glad you're looking forward to what's next! Sounds like you are determined and have your mind in the right place. Really hoping that you get some good news with the funding request!

Pothole, not sure how things went, but I'm thinking about you either way!

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Ellie sorry about the bfn. It is tough, but glad you have some very exciting next steps!

Star, thanks for the advice.

Hello to everyone else! So yesterday DH went to urgent care for bronchitis and his blood pressure was 190/100!!! Holy crap that scared me. Needless to say we went to the ER and waited 4 hours to be seen (guess they were not as worried as I was). He always gets anxious at the docs so that is part of it, but only a small part. He got down to 170/99, but still a long way from normal. Guess it really helped me put things in perspective. All this TTC is adding to the stress of normal life and sometimes we all need a break to reevaluate what is important. Thank God I have acu today...stress relief is in order. So the moral of the story...give your DH a hug today and realize what a great partner they are to us (especially with all our craziness :haha: )

Ellie! I don't know how you have the will power not to test again until Friday with your temp going back up. You are far better than me! Fingers crossed that this could be something. :hugs:

hi girls! I've missed you and the chatter on the site. :)

star - I'm so happy that you're exhausted and having bouts of nausea!! I can't wait to hear how the next u/s goes - you'll do great!!

mdc - come ooooooon AF! let's get this medi-party started!! That box o' drugs is nuts, huh? How's DH doing? That's so scary - do they know what caused it to skyrocket like that? I know what you're saying about perspective, as you all know from my FB note. Sigh, we'll get through it. We all will. Big hugs to you, love :hugs:

dandi - happy 3rd tri!!! WOO! not long now!

sugar - I can't believe you're on maternity already! how much longer? I can check your ticker, of course. How are you feeling?

ellie - my fingers are so crossed for you and your bouncing temps! not DIVING temps!! WOO!

pothole - :hugs: choc & rage.

left - how is DS doing? cutting those molars cannot be fun. Good thing we don't remember it! How's Miss Baby Bowe doing? :)

chipie - tell us about your weekend!! I hope your detox is going well! ;) oh, and pics of the dress soon!!

meeka - welcome! yeah, that is dedication to read through all the pages of this thread! I hope you're feeling better after the flu. And yes, no matter how big or small your family already is, we're here to cheer on the new additions!

regin - how are you doing?

I still don't have anything to report - meeting with the doc in a couple of hours. I don't even have my head on straight to ask questions right now but I'll do my best. I can't say that I'm excited for the meeting but I don't know if that's b/c I'm preoccupied. We'll see what she has to say. Maybe it's good to not have a fresh set of excited expectations going into this. The bubble, as you say, Ellie.

Hi thanks for asking about me guys. With all that's going on here I don't know how all of you keep up with our thread. You're amazing! I had a family baby shower this weekend. It was so great to feel the love and support from everyone. My sisters did a great job hosting.

Baby is head down but no dialation yet. Guess this lo wants to be fully cooked. I'm about to call my fertility clinic to arrange a whopping payment on the storage of my embies. I have 12 there with them. They may require me to transfer them somewhere for long term storage which makes me a little nervous.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->