38 and TTC first baby, anyone else?

so glad you had a wonderful shower, sugar!! you deserve it!!
hurry up, LO, and get here so your virtual aunties can meet you!!

I can't believe you're almost 38 weeks Sugar!!! Your little girl (yes, I'm making my official guess, lol!) will be here before you know it!

Hi girls,

Wow Sugar, your LO is almost here. We are looking forward to meeting her/him. Glad you had a good shower with family.

Dandi- hoping all is well.

Wish- always good to hear from you. How did your appt go?

Mdc- AF here yet?

Ellie- Am sorry about the temps. Am glad you have a plan in place.

My US was rescheduled for yesterday and heard the heartbeat. It was a joy to hear that. Am thankful for the good wishes and prayers. I have a feeling we will have more bfps in our thread this year.

Hope you all have a good weekend.

Great news Star! That must have been so great to hear :)

wonderful news, star!!! You're on your way now, for sure!!

my appt went ok - just got off the phone with the financial coordinator, though, and real life has sunk in. It's too far out of our price range - 17-22k for a fresh cycle, 18,500 for a frozen one. And the 17-22k price tag doesn't include the actual medical stuff, which is covered by the insurance. That's hiring an agency to find the donor, compensate the donor, legal fees, and screening. Sigh.

Yay Star! So happy for you that you go to hear the heartbeat! Has it sunk in yet?

Wish- l agree that is expensive but l also believe where there is a will there is a way. Is there another way to go about the financial aspect like payment plan. I am sorry am trying to see how this would work. Just praying for the best Wish.

Dandi- lt has sunk in but sometimes l question myself if it is for real?

AF arrived today.
The post also arrived... With a letter from the CCG refusing me IVF funding. Apparently I can't show 2 years of infertility because I had a cp last year.

I've contacted Mr Akande to start the process privately. My parents are going to pay for a fresh cycle. I'm so grateful to them, as I'm all out of savings after the money spent so far. I'm now saving for future FETs, if needed. I'm hoping my massive AMH means I get a load of embies.

I'm not sure when they will start, but I'm hoping for an appointment to discuss this week. I've had all the tests, so it should move ahead quite quickly. If I'd been granted funding, I'd have been at the mercy of the NHS waiting lists and things would have been sloooooow!

Come on, let's get this IVF party started! Mdc, we are maybe going to be IVF buddies :)

Thank you Sugar.

Yay! Ellie- welcome to ivf land. Thank goodness for parents! Praying for a successful journey.

Sugar, glad you had such a wonderful shower! I cannot wait to see your lo...well when he/she is fully baked of course!

Star, so exciting you got to hear the HB. I agree with sugar...believe it girl you are going to be a mommy!!!!

Wish, you will get there. Some way some how :winkwink:

Ellie, omg that is amazing! How long will you be on bcp? I would love to be IVF buddies. I am still nervous something will go wrong at my baseline, but trying to stay zen. Cannot wait to hear your protocol!

Hi Dandi and anyone else I missed!

So I am still on bcp until next Sunday, and luckily I have a work trip all next week to make it fly by. I just want to make sure the baseline is good to go with plenty of good quality antral follicles. I am declaring this Pre Mothers Day! The day to celebrate all the lovely ladies that are waiting to be mothers. All the worries, tears, and unfairness of this whole process can take a toll on us. I absolutely, positively feel that motherhood is the next step for all of us in what ever form it comes in. It is just a 'day' away. Thank you to all the amazing women on this site that have helped me go through this journey. Without you I am not sure I would have made it this far.

I'm starting this cycle!
I'll be seeing a nurse this week and have to start bcp by cd19, that's all I know for now. He did say that my massive AMH number means I will need close monitoring to avoid OHSS and he talked about possibly doing an antagonist protocol, but then asked how regular my periods are and said we wouldn't need that then. It's all so new to me. I'm excited and terrified. Whoop, whoop!

I've just realised I was the last of us still trying unassisted, so now we are officially an IVF thread this month!!!

That true Ellie !! Can I ask has everyone been given a reason for having to use the assistance of IVF or is some of it purely down to lenght of time trying combined with age ?

Age, time trying, issues like plasma cells and NK cells. I'm not going to get pregnant and go to term with that lot, so it's time.

Happy Mother's Day to those in the part of the world celebrating today . For those waiting , those who have had to say goodbye too soon and those still on their journey towards motherhood . I saw this and thought it was beautiful

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 2
Hello my lovely girls.

I keep getting all scared and unsure about IVF, then suddenly back to sure it's right... Is that normal?

I told my headteacher today and she was amazing. She told me that I could have time off when I needed it, no questions asked. She also told me not to stress at all about school stuff. My priority is ivf. I was really touched by how compassionate and understanding she has been. She's really a great boss.

How is everyone? We had hot sun yesterday but it's raining again today! Did you all have a nice weekend?

left - yeah, mine was age and time trying, skipping IUI b/c of my low AMH and going straight to IVF. But even now, there's no difference in my potential success rate with IVF vs natural. :(
That was a beautiful posting, thank you for sharing that. <3

ellie - yup, totally normal! IVF is a huge deal, it's letting all the science into something that should be natural so I'm sure it's just you fighting your instincts of 'I should have this on my own...'. Once you get into it, though, it's pretty exciting and neat to see how they take care of every detail (well, almost...).

So we are NOT going to do the donor egg route - too pricey and no guarantee. I had a good talk with my mom while in NC this weekend and she basically convinced me to look into adoption. Meanwhile, we're going to try medicated IUI and I'm going to ask for the miracle drug that Dandi and my other friend took, Letrozole. New day, new page in the book of TTC.

how is everyone doing? So quiet on here!

And don't forget just old fashioned DTD . I know so many on here that were doing Ivf ect .. And then just out of the blue the planets aligned and the got their BFP the old fashioned way . Don't forget about the old fashioned way and don't give up on it unless there is a specific reason .

Ellie- I'm so glad that your headteacher was so understanding and supportive. That will make it much easier on your so that you aren't stressing about missing work when you need to go to your appts and such. I'm so excited that you're able to start this month!

Wish- I hope your Dr. lets your try it. It think it's totally worth a shot. You know my amh is crazy low too and the letrozole/gonal f combo worked a miracle for me. I know everyone's different, but it could happen, so I hope your doc lets you give it a go. What could it hurt, right? In the meantime, maybe Pothole will be able to share some good info on the adoption route and you'll be able to get a good plan in place for both avenues of possibility. New day, new page, I love it! Nothing but new paths and new opportunities before you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->