• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

38 and TTC first baby, anyone else?

Wish l am glad your appt went well. 7 weeks is not bad. In the mean time enjoy your vacations:)
I believe this will work too. I am really praying hard for this.

Wish, that time will fly by and we can be bump buddies together!

Hi to everyone else.

Alas, cancelled again. My lining got so close 6.3 on Sat and I stupidly let myself get so excited because I still was waiting on my positive opk. Came back in on Sunday with a positive opk and the doc did get one lining reading at 6.3, but then some lower ones and suggested holding off. Ouch! I think if it was my doc she would have been more encouraging to go through with the transfer, but the fill in doc got me down. DH and I talked and he said if the doc thinks we should cancel he did too...Ahhhh....he who thinks doctors are God. Ugh. I said I would only cancel if we both agreed to do a fresh IVF next month, transfer the frostie, and then hopefully freeze one or two for later. In the end it worked out for the best. Since my progesterone was just starting to rise my transfer would have been on Sunday. I am supposed to travel to SoCal for my nieces birthday on Sunday and I have a meeting for work with a client on Monday, so the universe is telling me to wait. Sucks, but what are you going to do. Now we wait for cd1 and start BCP for 14 days, baseline, stims, retrieval, and hopefully transfer the third week of Sept. Hopefully this is it...almost at the end of my rope with this stuff. DH is frustrated and he is honestly having some anxiety set in from all of this...and not to mention bedroom romance is non-existent. To think we started trying October 2014 and it has been a year since I was pregnant baffles me to no end. Worst part is that I think out of this year we have really only had one maybe two months where we had a chance at conceiving due to all the mucking around with me is down right disappointing. Good thing I have acu today.

Oh mdc that's tough but sounds like a great plan for next month . Its crap you have to go through all of this . Is there any reason your lining isn't where it should be at ? There are just so many variables its a flaming miricle we are not extinct !!!

Mdc, it's so unfair. You are the most patient person I know and I wished so much you would be joining me this month, as we've mirrored each other so much. I'm sure next month and IVF will be the key. If you get enough, would you consider transferring a new one too?

Mdc: so sorry to hear this cycle was cancelled. It is so frustrating when that happens. Not sure how long your cycles are but mine are 35 days and that is so very long to wait. At least in the ttc world. Lol

Ellie: 4 more days until your scan!! Can't wait to see if you have one or two babies!!

Afm: nothing going on really. Still in the waiting game and it seems to be taking forever.

Thank you everyone.

Left, I think that is just me and the docs like to go by the book. Just taking this time to keep on being healthy and ready for the IVF and baby bloat. I am my good weight now, but just a couple pounds more won't hurt.

Ayala, I should be cd 1 8/5 -8/8 so it is really not that long. Just emailed my case manager to get the ball rolling again. Should not be a problem since no insurance this time but I am not leaving anything to chance.

Ellie, I will be right behind you no worries. You are just blazing the path for Wish, Ayala, and I not far behind. I do not think they can transfer a fresh and a frozen, but interesting thought. Likely won't since this is my first transfer. Although it does bring up a point what if a situation comes up and we need to transfer a fresh and keep the frozen...need to make sure the paper work is signed in case.

My cd 1 should be Aug 6 if she comes on her own. If I am not on letrozole I tend to have to induce with provera which will set me back by 10 days ish.

I have thought about taking provera anyway but earlier so that she comes when she is supposed to.

Mdc- l am sorry for the cancellation of the cycle again. These things are out of our control sometimes. I remember when l had my impromptu Surgery and had had to wait 3 more months to ttc or do lvf. That was a longest wait at first but it went so quick. Yours will go quick too. I like your plan of a retrieval in between though. Good luck. Am still here cheering.

started the provera today. I will take it for 7 days and then af should be here about 3 days after my last pill. So I have about 10 more days to go until cd 1. I am starting to get nervous and anxious and excited.

mdc - so sucky that you got cancelled again. We'll be cycling around the same time but you'll have much more going on!!

thank you for the constant cheering squad, star!!! not long for you now - how are you feeling?

How is everyone doing? I have one more day of provera and then I wait for af to come. I am hoping she is here Thursday or Friday. Getting so close to the iui.

That's really exciting Aayla. It's nice to feel in control of the cycle and I wish you every success with this IUI.

I'm doing well. We are in the Isle of Man and it's beautiful. Not my usual sunshine and beach holiday, but utterly beautiful scenery and I'm staying in DH's aunt's house, a lighthouse cottage. It's huge and so nicely decorated, I feel spoilt! We got the twin room and it's funny to be in separate beds! We decided not to go to La Palma as usual because there was a small risk of zika and I'd not have been able to relax. Plus, one one hour flight felt better than 2 flights with my nausea.

oh ellie, that sounds so dreamy! I need pics of this lighthouse cottage! we saw a couple of lighthouses while in Maine. I guess they have 70 of them! Lots of rocky coastline there, many little islands and such.
And I'll say it again...I'm so happy you're nauseous!!! :)

Ayala, that is great news and we are probably AF buddies. Before you know it you will be ready for the iui!

Ellie, so happy you are getting a holiday. It sounds gorgeous.

Wish, when is AF do for you and when is your next meeting on DE?

I am probably dpo6 so just waiting for AF and then I already have my bcp. DH might have to travel to a training in Kentucky when ER is supposed to happen. Ugh! I am hoping to ask my doc if I can do 10 days of bcp instead of 14 or if we can just do a frozen sample. DH could skip the training also, but we will just have to decide whenever AF get here the best course of action.

I should be due for AF this coming Saturday, i believe. I'm already having those little tweaks and cramps, my left boob is slightly sore (the AF kind, not the BFP kind). I did have some minor spotting last week after BD'ing on Friday which was weird. But I can't say that it would mean anything. DH and I BD'ed once the week before but I have no idea when I O'ed. If I O'ed my natural, non-Letrozole day, it would have been around the a day or 2 before the spotting. If I O'ed around the Letrozole day, it would have been actually a day or 2 after BD'ing. So I'm not going to cramp my brain thinking about what MAY be in a bizarro universe! As you can see, I've already cramped it enough! :)

I haven't called to set up the next DE appts yet. I have to travel tomorrow and Wed, and then next week as well, so I didn't want to get going on those until I knew.
As it is, if AF does indeed arrive on Sat, I don't think I can do my sonohysterogram this month b/c I think I'll be traveling on day 3. Sweet.
Man, regular life gets SO in the way of things sometimes, just like with your DH traveling!!

well AF is just about fully here but I'm going to call tomorrow day 1 so my sono can be on Monday :)
Next week I'll be at my home office, no travel, and will be able to start making those other appointments. Hopefully we can get all of that taken care of this month so we can start our hunt for a donor and get that underway. Perhaps a transfer in October! Clearly, a thousand things have to fall in line for that to happen so it's just wishing right now.

aayla - how are you doing?

Get this show on the road, Wish! I'm so excited for you and the next few months will pass quickly once you start tests and donor choosing etc.

Afm, I'm leaving other forums all over the shop! I joined a load but I just can't feel comfortable in them. You girls are so perfect that others don't live up... I just left a March babies forum because a girl posted that she had a scan and her baby hadn't grown and the heartbeat had fallen. There were a few supportive posts and then... 2 girls came on, said they felt sorry for her and then posted their own scan pictures and raved about how healthy their babies were. I nearly cried for the first girl all over again. How terribly insensitive! I can't even believe they would do that. I get that 3 people had scans and their happy ones wanted to share their news, but the same day??? Ugh. I immediately left the thread without comment.

I always wanted to be in a "month babies" thread but so far, it's not doing it for me. Even the assisted due thread is starting to bug me. I think I've been spoilt by our relationships here. We have been so close and shared so much and now are even real life friends. I love you girls so much :hugs:

Ellie I was in last years march thread !! There were 2 one huge one and one tiny one . I stayed in the small one . It was nice but has already fizzled out

Wish: I am doing pretty good. A bit crampy and I am happy for that. Day 3 off of provera. So af should happen soon. I am only cd 33 and I usually have 35 day cycles so she could be a couple more days. I am really impatient for her to come. Hubby has to get the day before and the day of the IUI off of work as he works graveyards but I can't tell him when that day will be until cd 1 happens. I have been ovulated like clockwork the last few months on cd 19 except last cycle, that was cd 20. So I am just going to ask if we can schedule it for cd 19.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->