38 and TTC first baby, anyone else?

Hello all,
I am new here and trying for number one!
I just got married less than a month ago and am 38 also.
I am anxious about the process and would obvously like to have a baby soon!
Any words of encouragement lol :)

Hi Jenny! Congrats on being a newlywed!!
Welcome to TTC fun! The ladies on this sight are very welcoming and encouraging - I hope things work out quickly for you!
have you ever tried to get pregnant before? some things to think about using, if you never have, are Ovulation Predictor kits and taking your basel body temperature throughout the month. These tools allow you to become more familiar with your body so you can time your 'baby dances' (BD'ing) at the right times of the month. Though I'm sure being a newlywed, you have that covered already! :blush::haha:

Hi everyone :) its lovely to see more people joining in :) me being a newbie myself love it :)
It seems lots n lots of people are ttc over 35 it seems to be the norm now :)

Thanks Wishing2bemom!

I haven't tried before but unfortunatley three years ago I had a unplanned miscarriage after about 5 weeks, very early on. And yes I have been reading alot about what to do when you are trying, I may start temping and buying the ovulation strips to see if that will help.

I am trying to not get stressed about the process however, your mind gets wrapped up in everything very quickly, lol.

welcome jenny! I'm 37 and we've been married a few months. started actively trying a couple of weeks ago using the clear blue fertility monitor. I, like you, had an unplanned pregnancy but it was over a decade ago and ended in miscarriage. this at least gives me some hope, knowing that I CAN get pregnant. I just got AF so hubby and I clearly did not conceive on our first try. Looking forward to reading about your journey. Hope we can support one another and that this process goes smoothly and fairly quickly for us both!!

Good luck with your surgery, Skweek. I'm sending healing energy and positive vibes your way!

I just began my TWW. I suck at temping, so I have no clue if I O'ed or not. I did have one smiley on a CBE OPK. Only time will tell.

Hoping for a BFP for you, Wish. Praying for a miracle for you, Curly.

Thank you so much Stenokat!

Hi everyone. Been taking a bit of time off to chill out. Got a bit much last month. Need to catch up now. Hope everyone is well and welcome to the new girls.

Great news, I have some new contract work so will be much busier (and better off) soon. Good really as it takes the mind off ttc.

Think my opk will be positive tomorrow, so guess what I will be doing this weekend, woo hoo!

Hello ladies! I have been reading this thread with interest and would love to join in.

I am 36 ttc#1. Got married in July and came off bcp in August. First cycle was a horrible 43 days with every crazy sympton going.

Now on cd16 and waiting to O. Have been temping and using opks but not even a sniff of a + yet. Really hoping to see a + soon to give me a litrle bit of comfort that things are working ok.

welcome back, tui! being busier will definitely make things a bit easier and balance things out for you. Good luck on the ++ coming up!

welcome, bluefairy!

Tui we missed you :) what do you work at ? Being busy is definetly a positive :) I know what you will be doing this weekend ;) ......

Blue fairy :) hello and welcome hope you stick around till we all get our BFP cause they are coming soon and sure why not have a chat and a bit of banter along the way ;)
Any news wish ? AF ? I'm 8dpo and feeling its just not happening this month !

I work part time in an organic herb place, but my real job is in engineering. I write reports for companies on an as and when basis from home. Good money when I can get the work, but it's usually only for a couple of months at a time. Looks like they want me till Xmas so I'm very pleased.

Had a great opk this morning .....

Attachments

• 1412881291543-1.jpg
    1412881291543-1.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 2
the stupid :witch: got me - 5 days late, that's not fair!! but I knew it was a long shot so I'm not broken up. I really think I'll believe it when I see a bump!

Cheering on the rest of you! <3

HI ladies,
Welcome to all the new ladies!! Hope your journey to a BFP is short!

Tui so glad to see you around again. Yes work can really keep oru minds off TTC at the best of times.

AFM - getting really nervous for the op in just over a weeks time. Still so much to sort out before then.
I think I'm about 6DPO. Keeping FXed that its a BFN this month otherwise op will have to be postponed for at least a year!! Really perfer to get it out of the way!
Hope you all have a great weekend!
Tui happy :sex:

Looks like contract work has fallen through, had a row with dh last night and think I missed the egg. How can things be so great one day and so crap the next!

Skweek, good luck. A bfp would be a blessing but I know what it's like to be in pain. My carpel tunnel is getting me down. Going to see doc to try and get an op sorted, but if I get a bfp beforehand I'll be buggered. It got worse when I was pregnant before.

Sorry for those that got AF xx

Thank you for the welcomes! Hope everyone is having a good weekend.

CD 19 here and just got a solid smiley on the clearblue advance digi first thing and a positive (I think) on a cheapie opk just now.

DH is sick with a cold at the moment but managed to :sex: yesterday, this morning and hopefully will tomorrow too.

Hello hello !!
Sorry I've been away. I took a week off and visited spain. Now I'm back, and ready to O, very very soon. I have an apt with the doctor October 20, to talk about the options I have and do some tests, after 10 months trying...

Welcome to all the new ladies ! It's nice to see Tui's thread with lots of nice people.
Wish2be, I'm sorry AF got you.. I was hoping it was your month.

Tui, well cycle buddies again?
Skweek, I hope the surgery goes well. Good luck!
Fingers crossed for all of us for this month :)

Caving at 12dpo .. Testing with fmu ... So expecting a BFN . I will keep you posted :)

Lola, I jumped ahead of you a bit. Think I'm 2dpo.

Beautiful hot days here now, think we skipped spring and jumped into summer! Took the cover off the pool yesterday. Woo hoo.

How's everyone doing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->