38 and TTC first baby, anyone else?

Yay Tui! Very exciting!! I've been following this thread for a bit now. I'm also 38 and we're TTC our first. Your story gives us hope!

We've been trying off and on for about a year, but it probably wasn't the best time to try. In Aug-13 we moved from Hawaii to the mainland and started new jobs, then this spring we bought our first house. How many major life stressors can we count there...? Leaving HI was an emotional struggle for me and it took quite a few months for me to not feel heart broken.

So here we are all settled into our adorable new home and giving it a go again. I'm currently 3 DPO, due to test on 11/2 and trying not to think about how slow the next 12 days are going to creep by!

TUI !!! :happydance: :crib: :headspin:
So happy for you !! Let's hope for a sticky bean !

Steno, what's up? Did you test?

Hi to the new ladies !and welcome :)
Eshnick, you've been very patient.. 4 years is long. I hope the fertility clinic will find a solution for you!

Mauijaim seems like you had a lot to do before having this baby. Now you're ready ! Good luck !

Afm, well Af is due in 4 days. I don't sleep very well, but that might be because I'm unemployed.. lol and I found 2 cats, my neighbor passed away, and the family moved out and left them behind... It's getting cold and it's breaking my heart. And We're planning on moving oversea next spring, and it's a LOT to plan and think about..

That's alot going on Lola ! Those poor cats :( cats are hardy though and very resourceful ! Maybe you could call animal welfare ? Moving how exciting ! Where are you moving too ?

Welcome ESH :) sounds like you have lots of patience ;) sounds like things are moving along now in the right direction :) looking forward to getting to know you :)

Tui I'm still grinning from ear to ear for you :)

Yeah.. I got them nice and warm places to sleep in our garden, while I try to find a solution!
We're moving back to Usa, yay ! But I have to wait for the visa process blahblah.. takes a while..
What about you left? I don't remember, are you close to O or in the TWW?

Just tested with FMU and a FRER and yet another :bfn: I had a feeling I wasn't pregnant. I guess that's why I was hesitant to test. Hopefully hubby starts healing from his foot surgery a little faster so that we can get back to TTC.

Lola, what area of the States are you moving to?

Tui, I woke up this morning still excited for you!

aw, I'm sorry, Steno!

welcome to the new girls!!

lola - that breaks my heart about the kitties - I have 2 of my own and they're the only babies I have! I think it's a misnomer about cats being able to fend for themselves, though, after they've been in a domestic situation. :( Some are good hunters but not all! So a shelter or whatnot will be great, whatever you decide. It sounds like you're going to find the best option for them!
And welcome back to the States! Where are you heading? to leave Paris, though....ahhhh - kinda like Maui leaving HI! that would break my heart too and I've never been to HI! :)

tui - still celebrating!! :happydance:

Lola ov is just around the corner :) started Opk today :)

Tui has it sunk in yet ???

Lola ov is just around the corner :) started Opk today :)

Tui has it sunk in yet ???

No, not in the slightest! Getting lots of sharp pains, I'm hoping it's little bean bedding in tight. Bloomin hurts sometimes though, lol. I don't remember that last time.

Maui- I'm also from Hawaii and live on the mainland (you know how Hawaii is-I'm sure we have some people in common). i miss home so much (mostly the food and the ocean) but it's just way too expensive and isolated. My hubby has never been so we're planning a 2 week trip there in the spring so he can meet my friends who still live there and my extended family. I'm going to test the same week as you! How long have you folks been trying?

Welcome Eshnick!

Hi to the other ladies!

Tui, excited for you. This one WILL stick.

Jessiecat- good to know we're in the same boat with Hawaii and the TTC timing! Which island are you from? We're are heading back to visit Maui and family/friends over the new year. It'll be our first visit since we moved away. I'm excited. :)

What day are you going to test?

Maui- I'm from Oahu! I haven't been home in 2 years. Whenever I go it's usually for 2 or 3 weeks so i need to plan ahead. I don't have a set date to test. AF is due around Nov 5 or 6 so I think I'll just wait and see what happens. I've been keeping track of my cycles for the last 2 years (off BCPs) and i vary anywhere from 28-40 days. I'm not hopeful that it's going to happen very quickly so I don't want to get into the habit of testing too early month after month just to be let down.

Jessie- AF is due Nov 1st or 2nd. My cycles range from 30-32 days but have been as short as 28 and as long as 34 on occasion. We did a good job timing our BD'ing with the day of O and the three days preceding, so now we just wait and see.

Here's a question for all the girls...does one abstain from alcohol during the TWW? I went out with girls for happy hour tonight but stuck with club soda. Some say don't worry about it yet, others say alcohol works against conception. Just curious what everyone thinks...

I had a glass of wine last night and I'm in my 2WW. I know a lot of women who have a glass here and there while pregnant too. I think we're a little too limiting in the U.S because providers are concerned about malpractice suits. Women in Japan continue to eat sushi/sashimi while pregnant but we're told to avoid most fish except the occasional can of tuna. I know if i have issues it's more because I'm 37 years old, not because i had one glass of wine.

That's how feel as well (age vs alcohol). Again, nice to hear I'm not alone in my thoughts. :)

Woke up this morning with a nice headache as if I did enjoy a libation or two last night. No fair! Looking forward to a quiet, rainy Saturday.

6 DPO today, tick-tock!

I had a sip of my dh's beer last week, oops. Man it was good though! Feel bad now but I'm sure a mouthful wouldn't have hurt. I've also had two tins of tuna and some smoked salmon in the last week. I can only think that little bean wanted it, as I rarely eat the stuff.

Hi Tui! Glad to still see you here after you BFP. :) we're going to need your wisdom!

I know tuna is questionable, but I thought moms-to-be were supposed to have salmon once a week? So many things to keep straight regarding prenatal nutrition...!

How are you feeling? Any symptoms?

I think tuna worries are about mercury that's all. Not really supposed to have smoked salmon as it's cured rather than cooked. Yeah whatever! If I avoided everything that was iffy I wouldn't eat! I don't have anything from the deli, or sushi because of the rice. Other than that it's just common sense. You would turn into a nervous wreck otherwise.

No symptoms yet really. Starting to loose my sweet tooth again that's all.

So until today (6 DPO), I really haven't had any symptoms. I woke up with a headache akin to being hungover, but I didn't drink a drop of alcohol. Quite the opposite actually...I had 3 club sodas last night.

When I decided it was time to get out of bed, DH suggested having my parents over for dinner and I almost cried because that meant I'd have to clean the house on top of doing tons of laundry. That mood passed in about 15 min.

As the day has progressed, I'm having dull/achey cramps (mild) much like pre-AF, which is not all that unusual for me on a regular cycle. The left side dull ache into my groin is new. Boobs are doing nothing and they're usually a little tender by now.

The thing that's driving me most nuts is that my bottom front teeth are sensitive/achey, much like you get after using tooth whitening strips too much. Has anyone else had or heard of this being a symptom?

Hi girls !
well.. I just got a faint BFP. First time of my life! I have no idea what to think, it was with FMU, but it's a cheap test, so I'm not getting too excited and I will buy a new test tomorrow..
I'm sharing it, do you see the faint line?

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 22
Lola- I see it! It's funny, it is really faint and if I zoom in it disappears, but zoomed out I can totally see it! How many DPO are you? Any symptoms? Fingers crossed for you and let us know after you test tomorrow! Baby dust!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->