38 and TTC first baby, anyone else?

Hi everyone,

Tui, good to know you are hanging in there. Good luck on Wednesday.

I am trying to savor the last day of 1 1/2 weeks before going back to work tomorrow. Need to take down the Xmas decorations!

11dpo, and enjoying having a successful month charting. I have been doing it since August (first on paper and then on FF) and I could never really detect a Thermal shift, even in the month (August) when we did conceive. So this month there is some satisfaction in seeing the pattern! I am going to test next Saturday if AF does not come this week (I have longish cycles). Not too many symptoms, though I did cry intensely and uncontrollably for about two minutes after DH and I made up after some stupid argument we had about stopping at the ATM. I am hoping it was hormones!

Well spoke too soon about a short AF. Sheesh! Glad I was paying attention!!
Tui - glad to hear you're ok. Must be terribly frustrating....
Kpme- last day of a long vaca here too!! Totally don't want to go back. Fx'ed your hormones are raging!!

Hi ladies! Sometimes I read around on other threads just looking for inspirational BFPs :winkwink:

I thought I'd add my two cents in about lining thickness. I also have short, light periods. Mine are preceded by some spotting and day one has some clots. I was very concerned about my lining being too thin and looked into it. I now drink two cups of red rasp leaf tea a day. I drink it all month long and plan to stop if I get pregnant. There is lots of conflicting evidence aout there about how long to drink it, so read up and use it however you think best.

I was also doing some yoga poses that are supposed to help with this. The best one is called legs up the wall. I've gotten a little lazy about that, but you can Google it and find several -- and they are free! Good for the mindfulness, zen aspect as well.

My last two cycles have been followed by ultrasound and both months both the dr and the ultrasound techs have told me I have a beautiful lining. Def thick enough and multilayered (whatever the heck that means).

So don't be too worried, though there are some easy things you can do to put your mind at ease! GL everyone!!

Hey ladies-
My last day of vaca before going back to work! Luckily I only work 2 days this week and then we're flying to California for 5 days to visit family. Family is still here- had a major blowout with them this week (long story-my mom has remarried and we all hate her husband- their relationship has caused a lot of problems for me and my siblings) and I seriously thought i would end up losing the baby from the stress.
I know pregnant women have made it through far worse than some arguing! I need to start doing some yoga.

I had a meet and greet with a new ob office. It's much smaller than the office I was going to and I'm definitely going to make the switch. They have two nurse midwives and two ob/gyns, so I can be delivered by any of the 4. All of my jeans and bras are getting too tight on me already (combination of the holidays and the pregnancy) so I had to go shopping and get some sports bras and leggings to hold me over until i'm ready for maternity clothing. Symptoms are still the same: really sore boobs (still can't run or hug people tight) and exhaustion like i've never had before.

Tui: Will be thinking of you on Wednesday.

KP: glad you're seeing a pattern in your charting now!

Wish: Yea, i wouldn't be worried about the short periods. Mine have been short the last few years too. I've seen it as a blessing.

Kiley: your plan is good. i would've liked to have lost some weight before getting pregnant too, but i'm ok with just keeping it steady at this point. I'll be happy if i can go the rest of the trimester without gaining a pound.

Vonn: thanks for your words of wisdom!!!

Hi ladies,
Welcome Vonn, Thanks for your insightful words! I have already placed raspberrie leave tea in my weekly shopping! Will give that a try next month is nothing happens this month. Otherwise it will be kept for end of pregnancy!

Tui - will be thinking of you on Wednesday!

Jessie - back to work on Tuesday!! Join the club!! Have fun Cali!! Wish I could join you there!! Could do with a vacation (even though I've just had 2 weeks off!)

Hope everyone else is doing well!

AFM - It's back to work for me tomorrow!! Yes we are still waiting on exchange and completion dates(house move!)!!! FXed we hear by the end of the week!!
I think I'm about 3DPO! But still had a bit of EWCM yesterday - so who knows!!
not much else on this side. Been really boring! !

Thanks, jess - yeah, I'm not too worried about my lining. I think I just had a light day when I posted the thing about a short AF b/c it was clot-o-rama yesterday. HAHA sorry, so gross!
And have fun in Cali!! I'm sorry you ended up with enough stress to worry you about your pregnancy over the holidays. I get nervous with all of my family in one room for one day, I can't imagine numerous days! Things would be destined to blow!

vonn - good to know. The only thing I've been doing differently as far as eating/drinking is a capful of Bragg's organic apple cider vinegar with the mother with a cup of water in the morning. It's supposed to just be awesome for you, regardless of TTC. It helps even out the body's pH levels (which is nice to the spermies when it's O time), especially if you are wont to drink coffee and wine like I am. But it's good for the skin, hair, overall health. I tried to find raspberry LEAF tea at the store but could only find raspberry. I guess there's a difference?

skweek - good luck on the news on the move! I hope you get things going soon!

I need to find a new yoga class to go to...

Hello ladies,
Tui, will be thinking of you on Wed.

Kiley and Vonn, thanks for the tips. Good to know I am not the only one.

Jessiecat, glad you like the new ob. Such a big decision.

Kpme, uncontrollable crying sounds like a good sign. :)

Hope everyone else is doing great.

AFM, not much going on for me. Back at work today for me also, and procrastinating by catching up on the posts. LOL. I should likely see O later this week, so trying to get some extra BD sessions in. And then the infamous 2 week wait. Going to be positive and try not to get too wrapped up this month. I am also going to start a 30 day ab challenge to help my pitiful core.

Yes, Wish, rasp leaf tea is different & not quite as yummy... I've found these two brands: Yogi and Traditional Medicinals.

Just popping in to say hi to everyone :) Vonn lovely to meet you :) am I right in guessing iui in December ? When will you test ?

Jessie families can be unbearable at times !!! I hope you do enjoy the trip . The only trip I'm taking is back to work . I'm off to Portugal for a week in feb

Left - Portugal --> I'm jealous!!! I loved it out there!! Such good memories of my SIL's hen weekend!

MDC - FXed you catch that egg!! :dust: I always found trying to stick to the 30 day challenges really difficult!! I really ought to get my butt in gear though and do the 30 day squat challenge though.

Seems like there are loads of us heading back to work this tomorrow!! Hope your first days back as easy days and fly by!!

Ok time for bed as I, too am back to work in the morning!
:dust: to all those in TWW and about to O!

Hi everyone. There is an update in my journal page 167 if you are interested. I've put it in a spoiler, so don't read if you are squeemish or just don't want to know. Click on the bird for the link.

oh tui, i'm so sorry you had to go through that. Huge hugs to you today, I hope you're resting comfortably and healing.

Tui, thank you for sharing. Big hugs and take care of yourself.

Ok, so if anyone needs come comic relief this morning you are in for a treat! You think I would get good at this whole peeing on a stick thing, but when you least expect it....

Setting: trying to rush to get on a 630am conference call and I knew I set my alarm very close so I could just roll out of bed. As soon as the alarm went off I remembered I had to take my new ovulation test kit.

Me to myself: Man I really need to pee (thanks to a new goal to try and drink 60 oz of water a day and had to chug 3 cups right before bed to hit my goal). Where did I put the kit? Crap... In the other room. Ahhhh... Still in the shopping package from the online shipment box. Where the hell as my scissors, oh there they are. Did I mention I feel like my bladder is going to explode. Seriously....why is clear wrapping is hard to get off a package? It is really annoying. Oh, whew package is open. Insert stick...ummm what is that smiley flashing and and the other symbols?!?? Oh yeah, I ordered a new fancy one that gives me my four peak days. Aren't I smart. Why did I not look at this earlier? (Seriously crossing my legs by this point) My first expletive where the @&$?!;$ are the directions!!!!! I really should be doing more kegels!!! Ok, breathe. Wait what time is it? Second expletive....$&@$) 629 am. Read, read, read!!!! Third expletive, I hope this works!

I then rushed to dial the conference call number. First thing my coworker says...wow it is early in your time zone but you sound so alert! I just had to laugh.

Lol...... I nearly wet myself laughing picturing that !!!! Its always when your in a rush !

Morning all! Great story about the conference call! I actually decided to spring for the cb fertility monitor and am waiting for it to show up in the mail. A helpful reminder to get the damn thing set up before its go time!

Now at cd 29 and 15 dpo. Just waiting to see how things play out. I am determined to wait at least until the weekend to poas. I only have one in the house! And I just think the experience of getting a bfn is such a bummer...I'd rather just wait for AF to just show up. Last night I was convinced that I might be pg, feeling off and slightly nauseous, and having that metal taste in my mouth. But this mornings temp fell a bunch (about half way down to regular), so now I'm not so sure. I have pretty long cycles (and went a whole 38 days last month, which was unusually long but I think part of getting back to things after the m/c). Time will tell.

Happy hump day to all!

mdc - awesome story! I lost it at 'I need to do more kegels' :haha:

kpme - I didn't even realize it was Wednesday until you said Happy Hump Day!

I'm out! When I had checked my temp this a.m. It had fallen again, and on the spot I decided I wasn't going to test *at all* this cycle. Sure enough, in my first trip to the bathroom...AF had arrived. Boo!

At least there is something satisfying about knowing and a fresh start. And my cycle last month was 38 days, so it is good to have had a more regular cycle, successfully seeing a charting pattern, and being pretty sure I o'd (hasn't always been clear).

I had planned on using the cbfm starting this month, but it hasn't arrived yet. I think it is due to get delivered today. I think you have to push the button or something on cd 1? Does anyone use it and will it screw up to wait until tonight? I can wait another cycle if I that is the best thing to do!

I'm sorry, kpme. Good attitude about the fresh start, though - I like to look at it that way sometimes. Or I did earlier on, now it's just annoying! haha

I wish I could help with the monitor but I still use OPKs. There should be some Q&A online that you could find, I'd hope?

anyone else's keyboard stick on this site sometimes....? I can type normally in an email but click into this box and I have to almost stab each letter...

Getting frustrated with my CBFM.... Last cycle I got one low followed by 16 highs and then one more low. No Peak. I half way expected that because I know the first month it is just getting to know your cycle. Well, this cycle I am on CD 13 and have gotten nothing but lows since CD5. Last month my BBT confirmed O at CD13 so I was kind of expecting something by now. This cycle my BBT has not confirmed anything yet and I have only been having creamy CM for the last 4 days... I guess its a good thing we are not actively TTC this cycle. Hopefully by March everything straightens out. I think my body must be trying to regulate on its own finally after 20 years on BC. Been having horrible breakouts like a teenager and yesterday I was extra emotional after a small stupid argument with my hubby. My hormones must be all out of whack... Hoping for some normalcy soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->