38 and TTC first baby, anyone else?

Kpme, funny how we now hate AF! Sorry you are out this month, and I totally agree new starts this year. Not sure about the cbfm, but have been tempted to make the leap myself last month, but just looked into while my cycle had already started so I passed.

Wish, I do not have problems but I use this on my mobile.

Kiley, sounds frustrating. My cycles were wacked for a while (18 years on BC for me) and still a little unpredictable, so hopefully this will be the last month where it seems off for you. Hopefully you will see O soon!

Wow I somehow missed a lot of messages!

Mdc- Loved the conference call story! And good to know this is somewhat normal.

Kpme- I use the CBFM. This is my second cycle with it. You have up until CD5 to start it. It suggests that you use first morning urine so set it up at a time you know you will be getting up everyday. It puts a 6 hr window test time on it so if you miss your window, you can not test that day. I set mine up at 5am (that is usually when I wake up every morning to pee) so my window is from 2am to 8am. (3 hrs before and 3 hours after your initial set up). It gives you from CD1 to CD5 to set it up. I believe if you keep holding down the M button it will eventually advance days on the screen. Hope that helps! Also, I have read that it can take a good 1 to 2 months to get to know you. So try not to get frustrated like I am now. haha

Great responses on the cbfm. Thanks! It didn't arrive yesterday, but hopefully it'll arrive today and I can spend some time this weekend reading up on how it works. The sticks did arrive....can you only buy them online? I've been trying to scout them in the grocery stores, but no dice. They must be at grog stores, right?

Hope everyone has a good weekend! Good wishes and baby dust!

kiley - looking at your FF chart, you have a lot of open circles - is there something that is affecting your temp-taking? like restless sleep or whatnot? those kinds of things can cause jumps in your temp and make it look all over the place like yours now. But yeah, I'm sure your body is still coming off the BCP. I've read that other things can affect a late O as well, even taking ibuprofen or something. Oh how sensitive our little bodies are!

nuthin' doin' here - cd9, won't O for another week or so. Worked out 3x this week, another today hopefully! and have been eating/drinking MUCH cleaner (only green tea, lemon tea and water). I swear I already feel a little slimmer! or at least less puffy! :)

Kpme- I buy mine on walmart.com. I bet you might be able to find some at your local pharmacy though.

Wish- The are a lot of things that could be affecting my temps unfortunately but I am working to correct some of those... I am a mouth breather when I sleep sometimes (going to try temping vaginally next cycle). Could also be inconsistent waking times. I now use the silent vibrating alarm on my Fitbit that wakes me at the same time every morning so I can temp (just started doing that yesterday). And yes, restless sleep as well. I have cats and sometimes they think I need to get up at 2am and make a ton of noise to wake me. One of them did this last night. :( Good job on working out this week! I have been eating healthier, but now I need to get in the habit of getting up every morning to work out!

Yay! I finally got a high reading on my CBFM on CD15 after 10 days of lows! Maybe I ovulate later than I originally thought. Realized I can't really go by last cycle since I got my high temps when I was in Vegas. And it was my first cycle using the CBFM and got about 16 days of highs with no peak. So who knows when I actually ovulated. And I know alcohol can affect your temps. So my last cycle is probably not a good cycle to compare to. So it's either delayed ovulation or I just did not know my "normal" ovulation time. Feeling better about all this. Was beginning to get worried. Thinking this CBFM is going to turn out to be a good investment.

Hi everybody! We're back from our trip and it was really restful and happy. The whales were singing, the sun was shining...perfect for celebrating a wedding, an anniversary and a retirement!

I caught the flu bug at the end of our vacation so my last couple days on Maui were sort of spoiled. We flew first class home which was a waste because I was in the bathroom the whole time (worst flight ever). Essentially I managed to puke and sleep through our entire fertile window so we're out for this month. But My New Year's resolution of losing some weight is off to a good start!

There was so much for me to catch up on with you ladies...

Tui- I am so sorry about your mc. I cannot begin to fathom your frustration. Don't give up. I hope you're taking some time to rest and heal. Be good to yourself.

Kpme- I've seen the fertility monitor sticks in Walgreen's (drug store) and almost accidentally bought them for my digital opk. So you should be able to get them at a local drugstore. However you may want to compare with online prices as they are sometimes much better.

Kiley- we're still cycle buddies, so I'll be cheering for you!

Happy new year ladies!

welcome back, maui! That's terrible that TTC was thwarted by this nasty bug that's going around!
So happy to hear that most of your trip was restful and fun, though. :)

how's everyone feeling?

not much going on here, will probably O around Friday so I'll start temping tomorrow morning. Just dealing with some fun homeowner stuff lately - our heating system has gone haywire, a pipe burst overnight and it'll be the 3rd time our plumber has been out here to fix it in a couple of months! WEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Maui- Glad your trip went well! Sorry you got sick at the end of it though! Yay for still being cycle buddies! Got a smiley face on my opk this morning so it all depends when I actually ovulate on whether or not I am in. BD'd Friday and Saturday, but not last night. And we probably wont BD tonight since we are trying to hold off until Feb or March. So if I ovulate today, I am in otherwise if I do not ovulate until tomorrow I am probably out due to timing not just right. I am so impatient though and want to try now! But I'll compromise with the hubby and hold off...

Wish- sorry to hear about your bust pipe and heating issue. Those always seem to cost $$$ too. Hopefully the heating issue is minor and can be easily fixed. My transmission light came on in my SUV over the weekend so my husband took it to the dealer today. Thank goodness it is still under warranty!

Hi everyone :) a trip to Maui sounds just perfect right now , its freezing here !!! Snow is on the way ! ( well for a day or two anyway ;) ) nothing exciting happening here . My thyroid is slowing down so that's good news . Reduced meds by half . Not sure if it responded to then or just burnt itself out and turning to hyper ( under active ) bloods again in three weeks so I'm sure ill soon find out . If not by the scales before lol........

I just want to hurry up back to ttc .... But tbh not having the stress of it constantly on my mind is lovely . But ttc is so so worth it . The break is nice even if it is an enforced one but ill be back at the first moment I can be :) Sean had his first temperature this weekend . Have to say it was scary how unwell he became so quickly . Think we have a handle on it now but still need to keep a close eye on him. Not much sleep happening in this house the last few nights . Now he has gone to bed thankfully and I'm enjoying a glass of the wine I ought for to share with my sister Saturday night which never happened . Wine on a Monday night how indulgent of me ;)

Hello ladies,
Maui, glad you had such a great time, but drats on the bug when you were in first class. Hopefully feeling better now.

Kiley, hard to be patient I know, but hopefully you will get lucky the first time you 'really try' ;).

Wish, good luck on Friday! Hopefully the house troubles do not stress you out too much.

Left, great news about your thyroid, bet you will be back in the saddle (literally lol) soon.

Not much going on with me just 7 dpo, lucky this week went by fast and hoping next week will too. Timed everything pretty good this month, but I guess we will just wait and see. Fingers and toes crossed though.

Hi everyone,

Also not much going on here. Thanks for the pep talk in the cbfm. It did arrive on time and I was able to get it programmed on day 2. Now it's cd7 and I've only been peeing on sticks for two days and it's already getting old!

My work has been intense, unpleasant, and stressful, and will be for the next few days, so it's a distraction until O time. My temps are a bit all over the place, which is a bit of a concern, and I was so happy to have a "normal" looking chart last cycle, but I'm trying to just go with it and see what happens. Between that and being first month of the cbfm, I may be flying blind this month! Oh well, I guess we will just bd a lot!

hi girls! man, I wrote something out yesterday and I guess it didn't submit. Oops!!

I hope you're all doing well!

left - so glad to see your thyroid is responding quickly. I hope you can get back to TTC'ing sooner than later. And wine on a Monday?? I'll see your midweek drinking and raise you 2 margaritas last night! ;) went to dinner at a great Mexican place with some friends and couldn't say no!

kiley - your temps are making me dizzy but I hope everything straightens out for when you are ready to start again. Not long now!

mdc - FX'ed for you, for sure. Isn't it nice when a week just flies by? it so helps the all-consuming TTC'ing take a back seat for a bit and is so refreshing. Do you have a dpo pegged for when you'll start testing?

kpme - ugh, I hate peeing on a stick. I think that's why I'm not a testing addict. I hope all of your stress doesn't affect O time for you! Do you have any relaxing time planned for the weekend?

afm - nada. Temps are low, had some left side pains yesterday so O'ing from that side this month as expected. I have a sneaking feeling that the right side doesn't function so well, though, but what do I know. Got some ewcm Sunday and cd8, so that makes no sense. Anywho - will start pawing at DH probably either tonight or tomorrow night until Sunday!

Kpme, sorry about the stressful work. I hate that feeling, and I hope it chill-laxes soon.

Wish, probably start 16 dpo. My cycle length got unusually long last month, so want to wait until then. May the pawing go well. LOL!

Thanks for popping in, Steno! how are you feeling?

how are all of our lovely preggos feeling? lola, Jessie? there were so many at one point, I know I'm probably forgetting one or two, I'm sorry!

Left- Glad the thyroid is getting better quickly. FXd you can start TTC soon again!

Mdc- Fingers crossed for you!!

Kpme- I totally understand the wacky temps. It is so hard not to worry when things do not seem "normal". You have a good plan though. Just go with it. Glad you got your cbfm up and running.

Wish- Yay to starting BDing! Sending lots of luck your way!

Well, I think my body was really trying to O but I do not think it is going to happen this cycle. My temps are all over the place which I understand can happen when you are not ovulating or when you have delayed ovulation. I am thinking it will be an anovulatory cycle. But who knows, I am still getting High readings on my cbfm and a positive opk three days ago. However, I have not had any ovulation pain and my CM has decreased drastically. So as Kpme is doing, I'm just going to go with it and see what happens.

I'm just tired. That's still my only symptom, which of course terrifies me. I have my fetal DNA testing scheduled for Feb 6, which feels like an eternity from now. I have an OB appointment a few days befor that and I'm hoping they do an US so I can see the bean and feel like it's still there.

that DOES seem like forever from now! FX'ed you get to have an US and lay all of your worries at rest! :)

Good morning! Hope everyone had a good week. Steno, fx'd for you that the wait passes quickly!

Well the CBFM is turning out to be a very interesting experiment! Yesterday (cd9) it jumped from low to peak! I was so surprised (and a bit perplexed and worried...). After I came home from my morning walking routine, DH was still in bed, and I was like, "um, sorry for the surprise ambush, but we gotta do the deed." And this morning (cd10) I also got an egg. Apparently getting two days in a row is not unusual, but it is definitely sooner than I expected within the cycle. Last month my thermal shift in charting was pretty clear that I o'd on day 15, and I've never known myself to O as early as day 9 or 10, but I've only been temping consistently for a few months, haven't always been able to detect the o, and am also possibly still "recovering" from the m/c.

So it's all just a mystery! Who knows, maybe I have been O'ing early some months since the m/c and if so, glad I got the monitor to help figure it out!

Bright side is that DH, who does NOT like to be bossed around and is very much a man of his own mind, has been very patient and compliant about my "demands." I suppose he gets some benefit out of the whole thing. :)

Hoping that all of this new "info" begins to make some cyclical sense soon as it seems like the "data" is all over the place. My temp this morning was in line with what it has been in other months pre-o, so hopefully I'm set to O today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->