38 and TTC first baby, anyone else?

that's very interesting, kpme! I think I O'ed earlier this month as well. I only started to temp on Tuesday (1/13), since I like to keep my temping to a minimum b/c it helps my obsessing. "Knowing" that I was going to O either today or tomorrow, that's when I chose to start. Also to help the obsessing, I didn't do OPKs this month (and they're dang expensive and I figured after a year, I know when I O, right?). Well, Wed/Thurs and a little bit yesterday - I got ewcm and felt a little crampy. My temp has been going up since Thursday! I hope I didn't miss it, I kinda hope my temp drops tomorrow morning as it SHOULD. I guess we'll see. I've never O'ed earlier than cd17 since I've been tracking and Thursday would have been cd15. Ugh! :wacko:

mdc - 11dpo today, how are you feeling??

how's everyone else doing?

Hi Ladies!
Sorry I've been MIA. The holidays officially ended for me on Monday. We've had family at our place or have been flying to see family since the end of November!!! I've never been happier to put away christmas decorations.

The pregnancy symptoms hit full force last week with all day nausea and exhaustion so i've been sleeping a lot and only working a few days per week. I really thought pregnancy would be way easier than it has been!

I had my 10 week ultrasound yesterday. I've been a nervous wreck and not wanting to bond with the baby until I saw a heartbeat (steno: i feel ya on the paranoia!). 3 of my friends had heartbreaking news at their 8-9 week ultrasounds so I assumed I might be unlucky enough to join them.

Luckily ALL IS WELL!! Woo hoo! Hubby cried tears of relief. baby is measuring a few days behind but doc is keeping the mid august due date.

I can't wait for you all to join me. I'm FINALLY going to head into one of the pregnancy forums now that I'm feeling a little more confident that all will go well.

<3 <3

Attachments

• BabyB.jpg
    BabyB.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 4
SO happy that you checked in, Jessie!
I'm so happy for you that all is going well, I just welled up seeing your US pic!!
that's a crazy amount of holiday for one person to bear - well done getting through that. I've been checked out of the holidays since 12:05am 1/1. :)
I know you're 'graduating' to the preggo forums but please continue to check in with us! Are you guys going to find out the gender or keep it a secret?

Wish: we're waiting so we can be surprised! YOU ARE going to join me in the pregnancy forum soon! <3

Jessie- so happy to hear your good news!! So happy for you!

Kpme- glad the CBFM is working well for you! Fingers crossed that it helps you get your baby this cycle!

Well temps started slowly going up so BBT and fertity friend confirmed O at CD18. Got a positive opk on CD17 but never got a peak reading on CBFM. Still reading high. I'm a little skeptical that I O'd though. Such a weird cycle. BD'd three days before O so maybe I'm not out this cycle?

Kileyjean--You definitely o'ed. That's an impressive temp shift, many (including me) would be jealous! It's more likely that your monitor didn't catch the strongest part of your LH surge. But it is curious that your monitor is still showing high. I think that is tracking your estrogen, so maybe that's continuing to be produced...which would be weird. Or, your monitor is being weird or is broken.

Hi Ladies,

This is my first time joining a ttc forum. I have been in this journey along for a while and i do need people in the same boat for support and encouragement.
About me: Am 38 and DH is 34. We have been married for 3 yrs. we have been seriously ttc#1 for a yr now. I once got pregnant when i was 32 but m/c. I work nights 12 hr shifts and DH works normal hrs and that sometimes hinder timing when i Oed. I Oed yesterday and thank God i was off. Hopeful all will be well.

Good luck to all and nice meeting you all.

Welcome Star! Nice meeting you! Finger crossed for you that timing was right this cycle. That would be tough working opposite shifts. This is a wonderful group of ladies! You've come to the right place :)

Vonn- this is my second cucke using the CBFM so maybe that's why it's still reading high? But I did just read this on it: "An unusually short or long cycle may result in Peak Fertility not being detected. If Peak Fertility is not detected, the Monitor may show High Fertility for an extended period of time. This may be as long as 19 days.". Which makes sense since my last two cycles were only 28 days and bbt says I O'd at CD13. So delayed ovulation for me this cycle. I guess I'm confusing my CBFM.

Wow, I sure missed a ton.

Welcome Star! Sounds like you have great timing this month.

Steno, Feb does seems like forever away, but I hope it flies by.

Jessie, great news! Hope we will all be joining you soon :)

Kiley, glad you are still in the runny this month.

Wish, I have been wondering the same thing about O. I just test a couple opk prior to when I think I am supposed to o. And BD he week before is usually being ummm...saved up for the marathon lol! Might be I have missed a couple times without knowing. I think i miscalculated the day of the o with my new fangled sticks. I am on dPO 10 today, and feeling nada. So we will see.

Thank you all for the Fx! Good luck to everyone this month!!!

You never know Mdc! A friend of mine had absolutely zero symptoms until after her period was late with both of her pregnancies.

Hello, I just turned 37 and my husband is 41 and we are ttc #2. It's much harder this time than last. We are on cycle 10 with no luck. With my first we were pregnant on cycle 2. I've used opks and recently bought the cbfm which had me totally confused last month since it did not show me a peak the entire month unlike the first month I used it. I've been taking extra vitamins and so has my husband. We also heard about preseed which is sold at drugstores. Has anyone tried this?

Happy Monday, all!
well, I guess I'm 3-4dpo today, not 1-2 like I thought I'd be. I think I O'ed on 1/15 but FF is putting my dotted crosshairs at 1/16. Either way, we only BD'ed once, on 1/16, so our chances are slim. RE appointment today! Just a consultation but I'm still nervous!
welcome Star and Sunflower (what lovely names!)! Sunflower - sounds like you and Kiley will have some fun with your monitors :)
Star - that's a crazy schedule to try and TTC to. I hope it doesn't add too much to your stress. Happy to see you had the right day off this month, though!

Kiley - so weird how you O'ed later than you thought this month and I had the opposite happen.

mdc - when are you testing? 11dpo today?

Welcome Sunflower! I too am having wacky readings on my CBFM. Last cycle was my my first month using it and I never got a peak so this cycle I use a Clear Blue Digital OPK with it. I got a positive OPK but never did get a peak reading on the CBFM and temps confirmed I O'd the day after my positive OPK. Its kind of frustrating. I ovulated late this cycle though, so that may be why I did not get a peak. I have also read that if your surge is short the CBFM will sometime miss it. I am hoping next cycle will be a little more normal and it will work for me. In the mean time I am using OPKs as a back up. As for preseed, I have heard a lot of women having good luck with it especially if your body does not make much fertile CM. I heard a little goes a long way with that stuff though, so you may not need to use as much as the instructions say.

Wish - good luck today! And FX'd for you! Yeah, chances may be slim, but there is still a chance! Let us know what the Doc's plan is for you!

Welcome Sunflower! I have heard a lot about preseed, but not tried it. Guess it could not hurt, especially if CM is not optimal like Kiley said.

Wish, good luck today and let us know how the appt goes. I would say don't be nervous, and I will. I would be a wreck myself though. LOL! Yes, DPO 11 today. Goal is to test Thursday or Friday. Probably Thurs as I am starting to get anxious. ;)

Kiley, thanks for the pep talk about the symptoms. I was a little crampy last night, but I think it was just me being hypersensitive knowing I should have implemented around this weekend. Crazy how the mind works.

I mean implantation not implementation. Sounds like Was trying to implement a new business plan or something. Well kind of guess I am. Lol!

hi again! RE appointment went well but not much of a plan in place just yet. Need to have a few more tests done and when we go back for a follow up with her, which will be around mid-Feb, then we should get a plan in place then. She said that my thyroid may be underactive a bit, but we'll have that retested. And then she needs a better idea of my egg stash, so I'll have my AMH tested and an intrauterine U/S to check things out. And then genetic testing as well. AFTER THAT, then we should figure things out. She said that as of right now, based on what she does know (she needs to see the SA results), she'd recommend we go with IVF b/c the clock is against us, that takes a bit more time and it's a higher success rate. you can also do the pre-implementation (;) mdc) genetic biopsy on the embryos beforehand and see which ones are most viable, which clearly you can't do with IUI. So we will see. All in all, I don't think we'll be able to start anything until March, which stinks. Just the way my cycles line up, we'll be on vacation I think around the time the Feb one starts.

sunflower - I meant to answer your question about Preseed. We've used it a couple of times. Some people swear by it and feel that's what got them pregnant. I just see it as lube, which like Kiley said - a little goes a long way but it's good for when you're not as naturally lubricated some nights.

Hi all,

Welcome, Star and Sunflower. Kiley, I am just catching up on the thread and it seems like maybe we are opposites this month! I am feeling a bit like info overload with trying the CBFM for the first month. I Did get Peak for two days, but weirdly early (cds9 and 10), so we were sure to BD (and let's just say these were not convenient days!). I had hoped to see a temp shift to confirm it, but I think my temps are pretty nonconclusive so far. We will see what FF has to say about it in the coming days. So I'm just feeling a bit flummoxed as to whether or not I o'd or not. I suppose all data is good data, but I'm wondering if I'm overloading myself! I wonder if you can get a "false" peak on CBFM? I did check the FAQ and it said you can get a peak falsley if you don't put the sticks in right, and I definitely could have done something wrong as this is my first month. Anywho, I've never known myself to have short cycles, so I was calling us opposites if I O'd early and you O'd late, and each with mystifying clues from the CBFM and the temping! Oy, it all makes my head hurt.

Today I am certain I'm having phantom symptoms (I feel "off" like I did in my other pregnancy -- sort of fluish but not quite) and my boobs are super sore today. But if I did O, I'm only like 3dpo, so I think it's all in my head.

We do use preseed occasionally. Just like regular lube -- we don't use the applicator thingys that come in the box.

Happy Monday everyone!

Wish- glad your appointment went well. March will be here before you know it!

Kpme- It is very frustrating. I am probably over doing it as well, but I am very analytic by nature so it is hard for me to not to do anything. But, my fingers are crossed for you! I think you have a better chance than I do this cycle. We did not really try to time it. Because I O'd so late, I actually did not think I would O at all. So our 'timing' was not a planned thing.

Thank you ladies for the welcome.

Kileyjean- i have never used aCBFM. I only use the clear blue opks cant do temping too coz of i work schedule with diff sleep pattern. All the best with CBFM.

Mdc- i am also hoping you didn't miss the O...

Sunflower- am aslo new here and these ladies are welcoming. We also do use the preseed once in a while and just use it as a lube.

Wish- am glag your appointment went well. Who knows maybe a bfp will be here before March

Kpme- we will be testing almost the same time. Am 2dpo and you said you are 3 dpo.

Baby dust to all!

Hi ladies,
I'm sorry I haven't been around much recently. I have been dropping in occasionally to catch up on the goings on.
Sorry I don't have much time tonight to read back. Thought I would pop in quickly to let you all know the good news! We finally have a moving date!!! So I definitley won't be around for the next 3 weeks. We are moving in 2 weeks time!! Can't wait to get started on packing this house now!!

oh and already on to CD4! AF was exceptionally harsh this month! really heavy flow! Hoping this is a good sign. Chatted to OH and he is all on board for TTCing from now on! So FXed we get a BFP really soon.
But enough about me. Hope everyone is well

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"