38 and TTC first baby, anyone else?

Wish, sucks about the drive, but worth it!
Kpme, wish you luck on Sun. FX'd!

Dandi, welcome and happy early birthday! It is always difficult try especially when surrounded by others that are so lucky. My sis got prego the first month and a cousin got pregnant at 40 when she was supposedly on the depot shot (trust me that is only 0.001% probable). So I think many of us feel your pain. This is a great group of ladies and a great support system. I think a couple of us the next step appointment in the next couple of months, so we are all in the same boat.

GL and baby dust to all!

I can't wait for my appointment with the endocronologist on the 9th of march . He thinks its about my thyroid !! Little does he know its an appointment about ttc ;) lol...

Good morning Ladies,
Seems like most of us are early in our cycles. AF was not kind to most of us. Am CD4. I also have my yearly Pap on Feb 17 at 8.40am to be exact. I may ask for some blood work and talk to the Doc about maybe having a hsg test next appt.

Dandi- Welcome and Happy birthday. What are you doing on your birthday? Its today right? Enjoy. I remember when i was 36:) 2 yrs ago.

Wish- For some reason I was hoping that AF doesn’t get you. I was ready for some good news. Sorry about AF and the long drive to your appt. Hope it doesn't snow that day and good luck with your appt.

Kiley and Mdc- Yes hopefully we all don’t get to use that bbt sensor that comes in summer. Pray that we all have our bfp by then. Seems like we have our appts the same day.

Kpme- Baby dust to you! You are holding the fort for us. Praying that at least you have bfp so it can rub on the rest of us.

Left- Good luck with your appt too.

May the month of Feb be a month of bfp for all of us:)

Hi girls! Welcome dandi and happy birthday! Doing anything fun this weekend?
Star - I'm on board for everyone getting a bfp in Feb!!
I'm still figuring out if I'm cd1 or not. Yesterday was just a brown sludge day so when I called to make my cd3 appointment she said to wait. I was exhausted last night around 7:30 but my temp went up one tick. TMI alert - I def had a bit more blood with fmu so I put in a tampon. 4 hrs later it was only partially used and nothing on the TP! What the heck! So, still waiting. I have a pee cup test ready to go!

Left - I can't wait til you're back in the TTC game!

Kpme - how are you feeling??

Test was BFN, glad I'm not guessing anymore. And taking some Advil for this damn headache!! :)

Thanks ladies! Nothing big planned for my birthday today. My husband can't keep a secret so I already opened my gifts last week. I told him this morning that all I really want to do is order dinner in, watch a Doris Day movie and cuddle with my dogs. Boring, but it sounds like heaven to me right now!

AF didn't show up yesterday and I usually get some definite foreshadowing a day or two before she comes, but nothing. My temp dropped some this morning though. Not super low, but to the lower end of my high temps. I'm probably just off on my O day, because my tracker said I O'd a few days after when my temps indicated it. But then again my temps have been scattered this month. I fully expect her to show up any time now, but a tiny little piece of my mind if holding on to hope for this month.

Welcome Dandi and Happy Birthday! Your 36 bday sounds about like mine was (I turned 36 in Sept). I wasn't feeling the whole going out and drinking scene so we just did dinner and a movie. It was actually nice for a change. :)

Star- Hopefully your doc will run blood test for you as well. Crazy for three of us all have appointments on the same day!

Wish- Sorry about the BFN! :( Is it normal for you to spot a couple days before AF?

Left- March will be here before you know it! At least February is a short month!

CD3 for me and I think today will pretty much be the last day of it. Really light already. Better than last cycle though with only 1 day of AF and 2 days of spotting! I do think my hormones are finally getting closer to being normal again. I did not breakout at all with AF this time. The last three cycles I broke out like a 16 year old. So maybe this is a good sign. Its crazy how so many of us are cycle buddies this time around! Maybe that is a good sign as well and we will all be prego buddies. A girl can dream right? :)

Dandi - that's been my perfect bday celebration the past couple years! A fire, some Chinese food, movie, wine, hubby and kitties. Ahhhh bliss!!
Kiley - yeah it's happened before. It's more like a light period now, could have used 1 tampon all day so far. Ugh, oh well. Still called and made my appointment for Saturday!

Hi and Happy Birthday, Dandi! I think that your birthday celebration sounds lovely! I am still playing the waiting game. For the past few days I've had a very subtle icky feeling in my stomach in the late afternoon. It's hard to describe it as "nausea" because it's so subtle. And I've had a few other "symptoms" (or moments of insanity)...today I opened a bag of raspberry milano cookies at work and OMG the smell of the raspberry was so strong I thought I might retch a bit. I also have noticed that I haven't had much of an appetite. Slightly sore boobs, slightly sore back. All of these symptoms seem very familiar to me from when I was pg in September, but not as strong.

So I'm still convinced that I might be...so the hope is alive. Again, I'll be crushed if I"m not and I'm usually better at managing my own expectations. But it's been kind of fun to think this week that I might really be.

TEMPTED to break down and test, but really want to hold out until Sunday. I'm taking tomorrow off for work and have a pretty busy Friday and Saturday planned, so I think I'll be good to hold out.

Interesting to hear that so many of you have appointments on the books. I'm giving myself until the arrival of my April period before I talk about next steps with my OB and doctor. I said I'd give it 6 months after the m/c, so I've got a couple of more cycles of trying before taking that step. And I'm just on my first cycle with the CBFM, so still getting a sense of how that thing works. If I AM pg this cycle, then I should be the freakin' poster child for that thing.

More snow tomorrow here in Maine! It is def winter! Have a good weekend everyone. I'll report back!

Kpme, good luck sounds VERY promising!

Hey ladies! I'm TTC baby 1 at 38. Had a lot of the same feelings as the OP. I was married and didn't think the marriage could survive the complexity of adding a child, and 7 years later, what do you know...it didn't survive anyway. So there went the best baby years lol. I'm not bitter, I swear! So this is cycle 1, DPO 7. Symptoms or craziness are there--either way I'm really in tuned to my body these days. Hope we can all bust out the non-alcoholic champagne real soon!

Dee :) what a wise women you are !! I was with the not so price charming for six years .... He turned into a frog lol..... Then met my mr right at 39 !! 40 pg mc 40 pg baby at 41 ... Was ttc but have a thyroid issue at the moment so have to wait errrrrrrrrrrr. Dying ing to get back to it . There is loads of time . Read a new statistic yesterday that gave me tuns of hope . Ladies between 37-40 will successfully have a live birth within a year 85 %
Ladies 40-45 will have a live birth successfully 69% of the time after 4 years !
That's higher than I thought :) so just keep. Going everyone , we will all get there :)

Love hearing stats like that Left! It's so easy to focus on the negatives and forget that there are women of "advanced maternal age" giving birth to healthy babies every day. Am I the only one that wants to punch someone in the throat when they use that term?

The roller coaster is killing me this month. I though I had a good chance of a positive this month because I had symptoms that were definitely in line with implantation (cramping, spotting that aren't normal for me). Then I figured that because my temps were kind of erratic, there was probably no way and those symptoms were probably just a result of my hormones being out of whack this month. So yesterday, I switched all of my info from PTracker Deluxe over to Fertility Friend so I could see if I had a coverline. I did and according to FF, even though I had some low temps, they never went below my coverline. I started testing last Saturday and have gotten negatives and just knew that I was out. I had what I thought was surely an evap line on a test on Wednesday, didn't even give it a second though. This morning my temp went up though, so I tested again. One digital test said negative, but an equate test had what I think may have been a super faint line. I mean really really faint. I can't decide if it was an evap line or not and I've also heard that equate tests often make people think they are getting a positive when they aren't. Some light spotting this morning, but nothing consistent. I feel certain that it couldn't have been a positive, but I'm going to get some FRER to take tomorrow if AF still hasn't shown up. Don't you hate when you get to the point that you just want AF to hurry up so you can start a new cycle or a BFP so you can stop worrying, and neither will show their their face fast enough?

Hi girls! Well I think I may be the last woman standing this month, right? As you may remember, I tested today. BFN! Such a bummer. I'm expecting that AF will show up today or tomorrow. If she does not, I will take another test on Tuesday.

I am thinking that I def did O this month (remember the ambiguity of my temps and the early O on my brand new CBFM?). I changed back my FF settings this morning to just the default (meaning not with the OPK override) and now even FF is detecting O on the same dates after the benefit of the past 15 days of steadily climbing temps... so I guess I'll at least be satisfied that I'm O'ing ...

The only glimmer of hope left is that my temp DD a mini spike climb this morning, even temping 45 minutes early (I woke up I think because I was excited to test!). So we will see what the next few days bring...

Hope everyone has had a good weekend. At least if AF shows up I will enjoy some beers for the super bowl tonight. Go Pats!

Fingers crossed and baby dust kpme!

I thought for sure I was out this month, but ended up getting a BFP Friday afternoon at 2 days late. After 13 months, I get a positive the week I join the forums and a week and a half before my appt to start fertility testing. The unexpected can happen ladies! Now the worry and praying that nothing bad happens.

Hoping and wishing that you all get your BFP soon, I have good feelings about BFPs by spring!

AF arrived here today ( no big SUPRISE as I'm preventing lol) but was fed up not having any news to share so thought I'd tell you all :haha:

Dani congratulations on the BFP :happydance: what amazing news . How are you feeling , has it sunk in yet ?

Definitely hasn't sunk in yet. I'm feeling fine except for the worrying. I'm having some light cramping and more staining than true spotting, but everywhere I read says it's normal. The bad part about trying so hard to conceive is that you usually find out so early and that means a really long time to worry and obsess before your first appt. I'm excited, but also cautious since it's so early.

Kpme, wishing you luck still ;)

Dandi, comgrats! Kicking this month off with a bang!!!

Welcome deedee. When do you think you will test?

Happy Super Bowl Sunday. May we all indulge is yummy food, and some of us ;) a drink or two!

congratulations, dandi!!! H&H 9 mos!!!

left - sorry about AF. We can hope for miracle babies too, right? ;)

and kpme - GO PATS!!

Congrats Dandi! That is wonderful news! Left, at least it sounds like you are doing a good job if you're trying to prevent!

I'll keep you all posted once my mystery gets solved. Still no AF today!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->